Photo

2nd Janken Tournament

• Please log in to reply
280 replies to this topic

Poll: 2nd Janken Tournament (91 member(s) have cast votes)

Jan ken pon!

1. Scissors (26 votes [28.57%])

Percentage of vote: 28.57%

2. Paper (36 votes [39.56%])

Percentage of vote: 39.56%

3. Stone (29 votes [31.87%])

Percentage of vote: 31.87%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Undirrast

Undirrast

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 422 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:40 AM

http://ameblo.jp/aki...utm_medium=kupo

In today's "Everyday Kachuusha" handshake event, the 24th single senbatsu Janken tournament is announced.

The tournament will be held on the 20th of September 2011 at the Budokan.

For this tournament, 5 members from each of AKB's sister groups SKE and NMB will be able to participate as well.

The "qualification tournament" to choose the 10 members from SKE and NMB will be held in a few days.

Details about the SKE and NMB qualification tournament can be found in SKE and NMB's official homepage.

Footnote:
1. The 23rd single is scheduled for 2011 October.
2. 24th single is scheduled for 2011 December.
Majisuka Gakuen Summary Site - Summary with pictures for episodes of Majisuka Gakuen 2.
Majisuka Gakuen 2 Casts - Complete translation from Majisuka Gakuen 2 Official Homepage.
Nakayan Quest - Nakayan Quests in English! Starting from Lv. 18.

#2 Apple Cake

Apple Cake

Maimai ♔ Zukki

• Senpai
  • 2176 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:46 AM

WHOA. again?! this is gonna be interesting. imagine if a SKE/NMB girl gets centre :P

meee.jpg

Check out my personal blog!

*。*

Slice of Apple Cake 

▷ Update: ℃-ute - THE FUTURE Dance Cover //

#3 Undirrast

Undirrast

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 422 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:02 AM

I want Harugyan in center T.T

But this is actually really a good way to give those members who don't quite come out in the regular senbatsu to take the stage.
Majisuka Gakuen Summary Site - Summary with pictures for episodes of Majisuka Gakuen 2.
Majisuka Gakuen 2 Casts - Complete translation from Majisuka Gakuen 2 Official Homepage.

#4 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

With MM till the wheels fall off!

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 08:51 AM

Again? I was hoping for a more inventive competition.
Miyoshi Erika, where are you? Posted Image

#5 Undirrast

Undirrast

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 422 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 09:52 AM

Spoiler

#6 dkmy

dkmy

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 110 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:13 AM

Why janken again? Running out of ideas Aki-P?

#7 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:36 AM

I think it might be a case of "Big the first time around, bigger the second time around".

People have said the same about regular senbatsu election, but look at the increase of votes and increase of media attention with each senbatsu election.

So, chances are that they want something of the same with this too. Plus, you get to do lots of TV shows centered around it, and a lot of DVD's.

Of course they can do something different, new and original and why not? But I am not complaining about the janken concept itself. That's fun.

I just hope they don't turn into cheapskates again like they did with the first janken single (poor design, boring song, boring pv, skipped out on undergirls and theater girls lineups made during janken, etc.)

#8 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:55 AM

As long as the senbatsu/center ends up made up of mostly non-frontgirls, I'll be pleased. Since last year, I've actually made an effort to learn about Ucchi and even like her a little now. The single covers and PV did look a little cheap, but one of my favorite songs ALIVE came out of it so at least we can look forward to team songs? Would be nice if the lower girls end up getting a song as "Undergirls" and "Theater Girls". Maybe there should be a Beginner-like PV for the song?

I have the feeling that having tournaments for SKE and NMB to see which 5 will be representatives is a clever way of selling even more DVDs, but I don't know if they'll go as far as they did for the main tournament with each girl having a cameraman follow them around during their "regional" tournaments.

Hopefully, there won't be any more "incidents" with girls being apathetic or bitchy on camera like there was last time.

Getting all kind of "ideal lineups" in mind, but since it's all up to chance, hopefully luck is with the girls who rarely or never make senbatsu.

At the very least, Yui will have some cameraman following her around during the tournament!

#9 dev-null

dev-null

#1 Kinoshita Haruna Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:00 AM

Well.. what other kind of game is there that is short and bases on pure luck, but still gives some kind of control to the player to have some actual match? :)

Anyway.. I like the idea that they have another of this kind of senbatsu... hopefully it will be so entertaining again! :)

Now... what would happen if Uchida wins again? :D

signature3.png

#10 droopy10

droopy10

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1267 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 11:14 AM

did they do the seeding already or was it just an announcement?

yea, i cant think of any other games that are based on only luck.

wonder how they will set this up??? you would think that all 58 akb48 members will participate, team 4 included, plus 10 members from ske48 and nmb48 then add on at least a handful of kks... how many rounds or members with byes will there be?

i also think that they should have at least undergirls this time, include all the members who lost just before making it in to senbatsu.

#11 Erin.

Erin.

Graduated Member

• Senpai
  • 3055 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:10 PM

Now is your chance, Wasamin! :D

And I definitly agree that this time they should put more effort into the song and pv. Even a typical AKB-school pv would have been better than Chance no Juban's pv.
They should also follow through with Undergirls and theatre girls this time. :)

#12 dev-null

dev-null

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 03:46 PM

And I definitly agree that this time they should put more effort into the song and pv. Even a typical AKB-school pv would have been better than Chance no Juban's pv.
They should also follow through with Undergirls and theatre girls this time. :)

I hope they do make the type split by teams again (Type A, Type K, Type B.. well, and now Type 4). That is a thing I really loved with the Chance no Juban release. They have those well defined teams already — they should use them as it. But, rarely they do use them on the singles... instead they define this different concept of undergirls and theater girls. :)

signature3.png

#13 Mei.ka~

Mei.ka~

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2211 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 06:59 PM

Well, this is freaky; JUST today, I was thinking about if there was a second Janken tournament and Ucchi won again, and now I go on to H!O to discover this new thread! XD I'm already impatient to see what the Senbatsu for the single will be.

VwvggPK.jpg
Avatar and Signature by Me ~I love cheese! X3~"
Graphics Thread

#14 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:21 AM

Why janken again? Running out of ideas Aki-P?

Maybe they should play Hokuto Akira's version of jyanken (referring to H!M episode 308)
Rock equals punch,
Scissors equals pole in the eyes,
Paper equal slap lolsz jk but funny thinking about it

But for a SKE OR NMB member to get in, they need a lot of luck and then some. Preliminaries, then the actual tournament....wow.
But if I could pick a non akb member, it be Yamamoto. That voice moves me...
But yeah, I want to see a lot of non frontgirls in this sensatsu as well.

But if they have a single abt strength or something related to it, I like to see a arm wrestling tournament.
Or a sumo match

#15 LonelySoldier

LonelySoldier

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 03:32 AM

About time they made it a tradition, making this year full of references to last year's events... :lol:

Well, I'm quite happy with this Janken Tournament, whether it's fair or not...
At least once a year, I'll get to see a new single with a more fresh senbatsu composition, I hope... ^^;

#16 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:27 AM

I'd be very happy with an arm wrestling tournament, Sayaka would get center in a single then :lol:

#17 Medusa

Medusa

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 98 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 12:01 PM

I wonder that if Eguchi Aimi wins. :lol:

#18 Mei.ka~

Mei.ka~

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2211 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 08:09 PM

^ I wonder how that would even work. XD

I hope someone like Sayaka or Ayaka (Either Kikuchi or Umeda X3) or even KITARIE gets in center or Senbatsu at the least. :D

VwvggPK.jpg
Avatar and Signature by Me ~I love cheese! X3~"
Graphics Thread

#19 Universus

Universus

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 674 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 03:14 AM

i hope nacchan gets in this time :D

oh well ske and nmb joining this time only means staff will force someone to be in ... :/

#20 dev-null

dev-null

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 05 July 2011 - 11:41 AM

i hope nacchan gets in this time :D

oh well ske and nmb joining this time only means staff will force someone to be in ... :/

Why? Last year it didn't look like anyone was forced in either. I think it's a fully fair competition with everyone having the same chance basically.

signature3.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users