Figured I'll post it here since Nogi is the "mothership" now.. Sakamichi Series will have a "joint audition". The audition will decide which new girls will get to debut in one of the three groups. You read that right, three groups.
Auditionee's have the chance to debut into Nogizaka46, Kanji Keyakizaka46, or Hiragana Keyakizaka46, how they'll go about it isn't mentioned, but most are speculating it to be more like 48group drafts. It could also be similar to H!P's Audition (the one that had no winners lol).
My thoughts? not too sure really. My immediate thoughts is that this is a bad idea, for many reasons.
1) Nogizaka are still integrating their 3rd gen members into the group. They're doing insanely well and adding more girls too early might halt 3rd gens success.
2) Hiragana Keyaki just added 9 new members that have only just started their activities this year, it's WAY too early for them too.
3) Kanji Keyaki have been 21 members since debut, how many new members will they add? Either way, a senbatsu change and we all know how kanji don't take lightly to that thought lol.
4) Hiragana Keyaki are still tied to Kanji, meaning Keyakizaka is a 41 member group. Until they officially say they're separate groups, it will just make it difficult for the group.
5) No one will want to join Hiragana, knowing they're "unders" who never get to be seen in the general public unless its a HS event or a concert. They don't get their own singles lol.
6) No one will want to join Kanji, knowing how badly they reacted to getting Neru and then the "1st" generation of hiragana members, some of which they're still awkward with to this day.
7) Everyone will want to join Nogizaka, because it's NOGIZAKA.
8) What about
YamamotoSayazaka46 Yoshimotozaka46???? lol
I do understand that business wise? it's a smart move. 3rd Nogi gen sell out amazingly, 2nd gen gana's all sell out, and most kanji and 1st gen nogi members sell out. Nogi is the biggest idol group on the scene right now and keyaki are making waves. the most recent gen's have seen gems like Yuki, Mizuki, Momoko, Nao, Nibu, and Miho, and even the least popular member of those gens sell out and are popular enough, so adding more girls with the intention of having this effect should be easy enough.
So yeah, i listed wayyy more cons than pro's but, i can see why they're doing this, even though me as a fan personally doesn't agree with it lol (i'm still trying to learn 2nd gen gana pls save me)
But i'm excited, Sakamichi is going to get really interesting this year.