• Please log in to reply
652 replies to this topic

#41 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:13 PM

AkiP sure knows how to get forums and media buzzing. He got an talent for it.
I'm interested now in HKT48 timing to debut.

Also, to the person that started this topic, will this topic be PINNED or moved to another forum?

(Mod-edit: Removed hot-linked image)

#42 lala

lala

♥ Voted KY greatest fan 2011 ♥

• Senpai
  • 4428 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:27 PM

^
I PM'd Krusha, so we will see what he or Amoz says :)

Posted Image

♥ Voted as KY greatest fan 2011 ♥ Thank you for voting for me everyone ♥

♥ My KY fanblog ♥

♥ JunJun . KY Ikuta . (B)Nacchan . (S)Kanakana . (N)Sayaka . (HKT)Anna . (Nogizaka46)Ikuchan♥

#43 goratnik

goratnik

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1187 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:46 PM

Pinned, thanks whoever did this. However it is hilarious to see that group sharing the same forum as their so-called rivals... rivals' forum, to be exact.

Posted Image

#44 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 04:47 PM

^ if this group becomes BIG, they may sprout their own forum lol

my opinion of this 48 vs 46 war (sdn48 had declared they won't lose, so I assume their rivals are the AKB48 Family. Not just the group)
I think Aki-p wants to create some drama...
Ppl are hating, ppl are kyaa-ing over it
I'll just sit back and watch :)
Imma support them though.

• by Neil » Aug 22, 2011 (16:10)

Is it me,or is there are we heading for Idol Wars!

It seems that AkiP,Tsunku,and every other company is recruiting talented youngsters in a more and more frantic rate.I know AKB48 did really great,but everyone has seen the future potential in this industry,and I thought Morning Musume was the high point years ago.

Tsunku has recharged Morning Musume,more than doubled S/M,and is going all Indie Idol with his Show,and groups like Afilia Saga East.

I was happy to know every name in AKB/SKE,but then NMB,Team4 and now Nogizaka46! This pace is frantic.

My favourites Momoclo Z are going great,now we have Fairies looking promising,add in Dorithy Little,Pasapo,BiS,the list goes on and on.I do not think it is JPop V KPop but AkiPop V H!Pop V IndiePop

And the winners are all of us,fans,otaku and Wota,I think it's great.I was told the whole Idol thing would fade,seems it's rolling along just fine!

by babylonz_lost_child » Aug 22, 2011 (16:33)

^ It's 2 be expected that everyone is frantically getting idols....AKB made idols "big" again in the mainstream (at least in Japan). If u look @ Asia as a whole....excluding China (tho they have groups like I-Me) the idol group genre has expanded. The whole point of Nogizaka46 IMO is 2 compete with all the new insane ideas different companies are bringing 2 the table eg. AKBN 0 , PASSPO , Afilia Saga East , Bis etc. All these groups have a special gimmick 2 them and Nogizaka46 is no different.....wotas will fall for the gimmick and think its their duty 2 support such n such girl.....happens 2 me all the time lol. Also @ Neil I'm glad some1 else likes Dorothy Little Happy .

As for Nogizaka46 I can't wait 2 see these girls in action. I find alot of these girls 2 be adorable as hell and I love how many of them were in the indie scene prior 2 auditioning for Nogizaka46 . *excited*

Edited by drznoriega, 22 August 2011 - 06:47 PM.

#45 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:08 PM

Nishino Nanase
Posted Image

#46 Snapple

Snapple

The Empty Bullring

• Senpai
  • 1032 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:16 PM

Someone can't count, or she filled in the section wrong, nobody would lie to be OLDER in the J-idol industry.

FIRST girl that stands out to me is: Mahiro Kawamura. PRETTINESS. <3
Posted Image
ICHIGOGO Twitter Last.fm Excessive Drama
秋元才加 ♥ 峯岸みなみ ♥ 篠田麻里子 ♥ 松井珠理奈 ~ freezingkiss

#47 Erin.

Erin.

Graduated Member

• Senpai
  • 3055 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:55 PM

First girl that stood out to me was Takayama Kazumi. She is quite pretty in a classic way.

I'm super excited to see what they do first. With all the hype around them, I expect that Aki-p will really try to deliver with their debut song/pv and do something really epic. (I'm also looking forward to following a group from the beginning ^_^.)

#48 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:30 PM

Nmb and 乃木坂, and soon hkt. I became a fan around everyday katyusha, so to be able to follow a group in AkiP production is kool.

The girls that stand out to me are Yoshimoto being the center and being AkiP's mame-chan, Nishino kuz I seen her on star hime, Wakatsuki music of those eyes OMG...., Shiraishi kuz of her Kojima-ish face, and Saitou Yuuri kuz she looks like she should be in nmb?....

These pictures on their profile was taken after they was selected to be in the group, I think. So Sony hasn't idol up their appearances yet. So next time we get pics, we all may be blown awayyyyy.
Some girls u see that aren't pretty may become Maeda like lol. 2005 Maeda and 2011 Maeda, a big change in appearance.

For akb and it sister groups' tv shows, most of them, if not all, are produced by one dude. Not AkiP but I forgot his name. I wonder if he gonna produce 乃木坂's New show. I want a show that is part AKBINGO, part AKB48 New comedy skit show. Lolsz well both of them together is like a akb H!M, ね

#49 Violetbutterfly

Violetbutterfly

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 219 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:37 PM

Someone can't count, or she filled in the section wrong, nobody would lie to be OLDER in the J-idol industry.

FIRST girl that stands out to me is: Mahiro Kawamura. PRETTINESS. <3

I had a friend who became an idol, she changed her birthday on her official profile. She made herself 2 years older and also changed her family name. So yeah, it happens...

#50 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:39 PM

For your convenience

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by drznoriega, 22 August 2011 - 09:52 PM.

#51 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 09:52 PM

And I apologize for double post...

More info with videos at the bottom. I also added more videos on my previous 2 posts kuz I can't post more than a certain number of videos per post.

by caramujo » Aug 22, 2011 (21:19)

That's still uncertain (but they will not have a fixed theatre), during the interview, Aki-p said that there are still a lot of things that he can't announce at the moment

From Nikkan Sports :

He said that there was a girl who was just like the Acchan of 6 years ago, Ikuta Erika (14) but putting her in the center would be just an imitation of AKB. He chose Yoshimoto, because she looks like she has the highest potencial to growth in many different aspects, another totally different type from Acchan or Jurina.

And from Natalie and Nikkan Sports: Show

It seems that the perfomance will have a story based concept, and according to Nikkan Sports, fans will vote through the cellphone at the perfomances, and 乃木坂46 will perform in the "halls" around the country, thus not having a fixed place for concerts.

Well, for the discussion, we can see that Aki-P wants to do a totally different concept from 48 family...it's a possible market strategy, picking all the raw material from the competitors no ? At the limit, the best case scenario would be the raise of new fans of both groups through the process of healthy comparison. The worst case scenario would be a massive anti-fan war (since they already born with a rival concept), OR fans starting to be impatient with the lack of music from their groups (like Sorceress628 said, there's a thousand of songs to be written) and/or the girls starting to be tired/dispirited with all of this.

Oh well, to finish, more videos from 乃木坂46 (you can see some of the girls and Aki-p himself talking about the 乃木坂46 concept):

#52 Snapple

Snapple

The Empty Bullring

• Senpai
  • 1032 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:14 PM

Ikuta Erika sounds way too similar to a different idols name. >.> That would have been far too confusing. X__x
Posted Image
ICHIGOGO Twitter Last.fm Excessive Drama
秋元才加 ♥ 峯岸みなみ ♥ 篠田麻里子 ♥ 松井珠理奈 ~ freezingkiss

#53 Erin.

Erin.

Graduated Member

• Senpai
  • 3055 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:44 PM

The one thing I'm very surprised at is that they will not have a specific theatre location. Before AKB48 had their big boom in popularity, going to the theatre in Akihabara was something that fans really enjoyed doing, and of course is central to the 'idols you can meet' concept. I suppose Nogizaka46 has a bit of a different concept, and they already have a lot of attention for the obvious reason, so they will have to build up a fan-base in a different way. They will have to prove that they are the official rivals.

It's also interesting that they will be doing cell phone voting, since that doesn't necessarily bring in any profit (like singles with voting tickets do).

#54 goratnik

goratnik

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1187 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:20 AM

(Tip: app for voting must be bought, separately for each event.)

Posted Image

#55 Erin.

Erin.

Graduated Member

• Senpai
  • 3055 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:21 AM

Haha, yeah, I guess that would work. :lol:

#56 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:27 AM

The one thing I'm very surprised at is that they will not have a specific theatre location. Before AKB48 had their big boom in popularity, going to the theatre in Akihabara was something that fans really enjoyed doing, and of course is central to the 'idols you can meet' concept. I suppose Nogizaka46 has a bit of a different concept, and they already have a lot of attention for the obvious reason, so they will have to build up a fan-base in a different way. They will have to prove that they are the official rivals.

It's also interesting that they will be doing cell phone voting, since that doesn't necessarily bring in any profit (like singles with voting tickets do).

I find it interesting too, performing at "Halls" instead of their own theater but they are suppose to everything AKB48 can't do. I guess that's their concept. They'll build fan based in a way no other gimmick idol is. Other idols aren't just gonna roll over and being pushed back for this group. I expect a gauntlet of challenges from non-akb groups on their way to the top. S/mileage I'm looking at u. U aren't the only ones challenging AKB.
I wonder if the app only works in the Hall they perform in. Someone who couldn't make it may buy the app and vote regardless for their oshimen.

If their is ever a AKB乃木坂 collaboration, I smell a Majisuka Gakuen 3 hehehe

International Wota

The first thirty-six members of Aki-P’s promised rival group for AKB have been introduced to the public, along with more details of the group’s activities. Aki-P has pulled out all the stops, just about. First, this announcement was made just as the newest AKB single is being released – stealing some of the older’s group thunder as a result. The average age of sixteen seems to emphasize younger, more loli idols – not a bad move as far as I’m concerned. Along with the already-announced television show for October, they will be performing concerts by the end of this year. Further, they are promising what amounts to a senbatsu election at the halftime of every concert, as attendees can vote for who they want to see perform in the second half.

And in a move that strikes me as ballsy to the point of suicidal, specific rivals to popular AKB members have already been determined! It’s like the Super Friends versus the Legion of Doom, with each hero having their own counterpart villain to face off against! And while the vote of confidence Aki-P is giving each of these new girls is striking, it may also be setting them up for a fall since they’re contending with top AKB girls, who would of course have the strongest fan bases. The five AKB idols being given official rivals are Itano Tomomi (who gets the Nogizaka46 center, fourteen-year old Yoshimoto Ayaka), Atusko Maeda, Kojima Haruna, Sashihara Rino, and… Eguchi Aimi? Seriously? Glicostein’s Monster deserves her own flesh-and-blood rival?

For some reason, this one-on-one rivalry pairing is what makes me most suspicious of some kind of marketing shenanigans going on. It can’t just be overconfidence at work here, can it? And Aki-P must realize he’s setting up some girls for humiliation, whether on the Nogizaka or AKB side, just by pairing them up and forcing people to take sides.

Personally, I couldn’t be more excited. Part of it is because I never really got to figure out who’s who in the AKB-verse and the franchises just kept multiplying and growing until I had no hope of catching up. Here, I can maybe start from scratch and place all the names to faces without being overwhelmed. I’ll admit that a lot of these initial profile photos aren’t as… attractive… as they could be. Actually, some of the girls look positively fug, like they thought they were join Sadako 48 and being asked to climb down the well. However, it’s just a matter of some warpaint and a good hairdresser and any of these girls could look idol-esque enough. PIH’s Gaki lists the Nogizaka members who have been in previous idol units, including an ex-member of Momoiro Clover and someone from H!P Kansai – so I wouldn’t exactly call them ringers, but there’s some seasoned idols in the mix, which should help.

And already, a 48 franchise has responded to the threat of this new group. I didn’t expect the first such call-out to be from SDN48, but there you have it: SDN’s Serina told reporters that their two years of experience will keep Nogizaka 46 from surpassing them. As IXA Ready points out, this is especially risible given the marketing firepower of Sony will bring to this. Add extra chuckles if you consider the stagnating sales of various AKB subunits and SDN themselves, whose latest single hasn’t lived up to expectations.

And while there’s a bit of a delicious irony in Aki-P setting up rivals for AKB just when they’re at the height of their popularity, I have to wonder about the inevitable fallout from the way the rivalry is being framed. Feelings will be hurt, there will be a sense of betrayal for some… And who’s to say this mad scheme will work in the first place? If it’s an aleborate joke or simply fizzle out over time, who can tell what fan reactions will do for both Nogiazaka46 or the AKB franchises. And perhaps in trying to anticipate AKB’s eventual loss of popularity and a downward cycle in idols, Aki-P has actually sped up the process by going one idol collective too far.

There’s so much that could go wrong. But that’s the risk one takes when one’s a pop idol mogul, I guess. In the meanwhile, we should just enjoy the theatrics for what it is… whatever it is.

I think ppl have forgotten, even I was reminded because of this article. The music puppeteers at war here is SONY & avex. And SONY Most of all doesn't want to lose to avex. If anyone is happy to have a group with the blessings of Father Akimoto its SONY, *cough* DefStar *cough*. Don't expect 46 to half ass anything or this rivary to be crap. The company putting their gas into this shiny new car is a company that truely rivals avex.

I wonder before their shows premieres, how will non Senbatsu members show their appeal to get votes. And if people who can't appeal without a tv show, how will Sony promote them in the mean time.

Sony! Avex! Use the tools that AkiP has given to both of u and use ur own money to battle to to a idol apocalypse haha

Edited by drznoriega, 23 August 2011 - 03:48 AM.

#57 awesomecakes

awesomecakes

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:27 AM

^ Majisuka Gakuen season 3 would be somewhere along the lines of a nationwide civil war, wouldn't it?
Spoiler

Nogizaka46 actually looks like they have promise. I don't know if I should be excited or worried at this point. Personally, I don't see them coming up to quite the level of AKB48 overnight. They could deflect some AKB48 fans, but I doubt they will really be more successful than AKB48 unless their marketing is flawless, since they need to gain more popularity than AKB48 in a shorter amount of time. Aki-P already did an amazing job, but I guess we'll see if they can do better...

#58 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 07:51 AM

^ Majisuka Gakuen season 3 would be somewhere along the lines of a nationwide civil war, wouldn't it?

Spoiler

Nogizaka46 actually looks like they have promise. I don't know if I should be excited or worried at this point. Personally, I don't see them coming up to quite the level of AKB48 overnight. They could deflect some AKB48 fans, but I doubt they will really be more successful than AKB48 unless their marketing is flawless, since they need to gain more popularity than AKB48 in a shorter amount of time. Aki-P already did an amazing job, but I guess we'll see if they can do better...

AKIP did say for what akb did in a year, this group will do in some months. I expect him to push this group unlike any group he has ever produced. I expect this group to be everywhere in Japan. U pick up a stone, there a pic of the center with the logo of the group lol. Something unlike fans have never seen before. That's the way for AkiP to back up what he said. I wouldn't be surprised to see a photobook or another tv show that focuses on the group or invading prefectures and regions that is other idols' turf. And media is AkiP's ally so k expect them to in the media almost daily when activities pick up. I wouldn't be surprised to see a lil trash talk and ダメ出し. Anything u can imagine might happen. That's how hyped up this group is and how much promise their Father has given them. If they fail, I won't be picking fingers at the girls, Akimoto.

I hope for one, the seasoned idols have personality to entertain right out the gate. I can't wait for them to character develope like nmb is, or was. Help the newbies out. I don't worry about the staff. I'm sure their motivated, but every girl has to be full of motivation to kick the craps out of AKB48 with no mercy. It's harsh but when a promising talent challenges a legend, the height of expectation and criticism Kant be helped. Fans show no mercy on this group and hope they use those expectations as power. That, luck, and time is the right way to get up in the ranks of the idol world in order for akb to TRULY fear this group for their crown.

I wanna see something go down, so I'm watching. よろしく

#59 goratnik

goratnik

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1187 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 10:48 AM

(Maybe time to rename forum to "AKB48, SKE48, SDN48, NMB48, HKT48 and NGZ46"? Things got serious. Or maybe instead just "Akimoto's girls"?)

Posted Image

#60 awesomecakes

awesomecakes

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 153 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:16 PM

Or maybe instead just "Akimoto's girls"?

Poor OJS48 is always forgotten.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users