• Please log in to reply
537 replies to this topic

#341 JennyInTokyo

JennyInTokyo

Takahashi Ai wota! ♥

• Senpai
  • 3451 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:13 PM

Whether the scandal and anxiety is intertwined or two separate things is something we can discuss until the end of time. However, you cannot deny that the pictures do not look good for Rena. I can't imagine what the management will say to make us believe they are not a couple. I do feel bad for Rena because anxiety is something I would never wish on anyone because it's awful to live with, but she should have had better responsibility with the photos. There have been occasions where idols have been found with suspicious photos and most of them time they are taken from private social media accounts. Management can monitor them to see they have no private social medias but these young girls could easily cover their tracks. But no privacy on a social media account can stop people screen shooting something and spreading it around.

<3NECRONOMIDOL <3PASSCODE <3BABYMETAL <3ZOMBIE POWDER <3MANACLE <3

#342 yeahman

yeahman

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 329 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 11:25 PM

Dammit this shit just keeps getting worse. I'm a huge fan of Renako and it would suck incredibly much if this is how her KF tenure ends. Scandal + on medical leave means her end will be as unceremonious and anonymous as Rio.

I agree with whoever it was further up in the thread: I really hate that this scandal will be mixed up with her anxiety issues. Anxiety and other mental health issues are already not taken that seriously, and now this scandal gives people ammo that her anxiety may not even be real and is just a cover up for her scandal. Sigh.

#343 KawaiiLand

KawaiiLand

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1626 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:38 AM

All these have connections with Rio (just my wild speculation)

#344 Kinjiru

Kinjiru

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1890 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 10:17 AM

It could also be that Up-Front knew about this and decided to penalize her by barring her from Hello Con. They would have to come up with a reason why she isn't participating and simply said anxiety. The possibility exists.

#345 Danes83

Danes83

ハロ!プロヲタ

• Senpai
  • 2287 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 11:03 AM

Still waiting for official announcement. I hope the decision is the best for all parties (management, the member & her family, and of course the fans)

It could also be that Up-Front knew about this and decided to penalize her by barring her from Hello Con. They would have to come up with a reason why she isn't participating and simply said anxiety. The possibility exists.

I could say, they're the one who know first. The real question, is that a real reason or just an "excuse" for her "scandal". Somehow i see this event exactly same as Dorama BUDOKAN, where Karin fall in love while still in Idol group.

momusu1_zps50b105cb.png

#346 DomScatterbrain

DomScatterbrain

The Watcher

• Senpai
  • 4414 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 02:28 PM

Still waiting for official announcement.

This should be:
I hope there is no official statement at all

- - - - - 小  

(Now the list has been completed still not yet complete)

jhrVBR6.png

#347 MaKrena

MaKrena

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 377 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 09:47 PM

I could say, they're the one who know first. The real question, is that a real reason or just an "excuse" for her "scandal". Somehow i see this event exactly same as Dorama BUDOKAN, where Karin fall in love while still in Idol group.

lol yes, every time something like this happens, i remember that scene from Budokan XD

#348 SailorKame

SailorKame

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 875 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 10:46 PM

Considering this has been out for days and nary a peep from the agency, I think they probably just want this to go away on its own.

#349 thegabriel

thegabriel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4360 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 02:59 AM

I'm hoping she returns, 

I just don't want it to turn out like Arihara Kanna's bunion.

BF rumors, a legit injury, but after time off she did not return. 

J=J-段原瑠々

MM.'24-櫻井梨央  ON-中山夏月姫 

A-川村文乃  BYD-島倉りか  

TF-河西結心  KSSU-橋田歩果

#350 Yaminata

Yaminata

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 347 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:08 AM

According to H!P's official website and Up-Front Link, "there is no sign of recovery" and her physical condition is "still not stable". She'll remain on hiatus.
https://m.facebook.c...75/?type=3&fs=5
http://www.helloproject.com/news/7479/

I can't live without Berryz!

Otomomochi & Team Mizukingdom
Berryz Koubou SNS Stalker Watcher

#351 KumaixKamei

KumaixKamei

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3263 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:33 AM

Poor Rena. I hope she is alright, scandal or not...

She could also have anxiety due to the whole scandal? Like what probably happend with Megumi from C-ute?

I hope Kobushi will remain a strong group and I hope Rena will make the right decision for herself...

Morning Musume    ANGERME                  Juice=Juice                  Tsubaki Factory          BEYOOOOONDS

1. Oda Sakura        1. Kamikokuryou Moe  1. Kanazawa Tomoko   1. Ono Mizuho             1. Yamazaki Yuhane

2. Morito Chisaki    2. Ise Layla.                  2. Dambara Ruru          2.  Niinuma Kisora       2. Eguchi Saya

3. Ikuta Erina.         3. Kawana Rin.             3. Matsunaga Riai         3. Kishimoto Yumeno  3. Hirai Miho

#352 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 12:53 PM

Im pretty sure thats due to the scandal, else they are covering it or she is afraid to come back... They even pulled out some of her goods.
Such a shame she is a good idol

#353 Esty

Esty

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 556 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 05:32 PM

I fear she will meet the "Manakan" fate, and just disappear in her hiatus. :(

#354 Gabby

Gabby

Keep your smile

• Senpai
  • 2224 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:39 PM

Yeah but with Manaka we didn't get any announcements she just left during that time. So the fact we are getting updates means they are trying to work somethign out.

HLxdmXb.png

#355 RenaiHunter

RenaiHunter

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3876 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 08:44 PM

Western fans have some harsh comments on UF Link's recent facebook post on Rena...

#356 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:04 PM

Western fans have some harsh comments on UF Link's recent facebook post on Rena...

It's probably not that different from the harsh comments made by Japanese on 2ch for example. But I find it baffling how some of those people would openly spew some very hateful things while displaying their real name and face.

Don't know what to think of this situation to be honest. I feel like it's very hard to come to a consistent conclusion that makes sense. Part of me wants to believe her condition and current situation has nothing to do with the photos. Seeing the recent increase of girls in H!P who seem to slowly fade out because of mental diseases is worrying. It might just be it being more accepted and considered a valid reason nowadays but then I also wonder why it seems to happen "so often" in H!P. And then there's the super paranoid part of me that believes they are just using mental diseases as an excuse for something else. That would be so disrespectful. As stupid as it sounds I actually want her to be sick if you get what I mean.

The office doesn't have the best track record of dealing with scandals in my opinion but I might not be thinking "Japanese" enough for that. I was never a fan of just ignoring issues, not taking a stand. They either (seemingly) used health reasons as a surrogate (Kanna) or ignored it completely (Miyabi, Airi...) probably because the girls were too big for the company. I wish they'd just take a stand and acknowledge the girls' right to have a private life. So in Rena's case either deny it's her or admit it's her and support her choices.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#357 blackknight07

blackknight07

The guy who posts videos @_@

• Senpai
  • 2078 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 10:17 PM

Got the bad feeling that she won't come back from this. Such a shame. I really liked her

#358 Yaminata

Yaminata

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 347 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 11:53 PM

True... I honestly didn't expect so many people to talk openly and harshly about the scandal. I had almost forget about it tbh.

The thing is H!P is taking to much time to give us a stupid excuse. People are running out of patience aren't they ?
Maybe it would be better for her to graduate...I kind of like her and don't want her to leave. I just think it might be the best solution.

I can't live without Berryz!

Otomomochi & Team Mizukingdom
Berryz Koubou SNS Stalker Watcher

#359 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 12:08 AM

Unless they've been deleting comments, it looked like there was only one person that really seemed very negative and bashing Rena directly, or some people talking about contract issues.  Most of the negativity does seem to be mostly directed at UF possibly not being up front about things.

#360 Esty

Esty

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 556 posts

Posted 17 August 2017 - 03:17 PM

I'm pretty sure they've been deleting hateful comments. I've just checked it and it's all just about wishing Rena a fast recovery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users