• Please log in to reply
217 replies to this topic

#41 Corrugo

Corrugo

Student of Life

• Senpai
  • 675 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 01:28 PM

I was scared I read the news update but here it is.. Mogi's thread.. so great and awesome (Riho and Mogi was who I was rooting for the 9th gen auditions ^^)
Posted Image

#42 Chimai

Chimai

Kamonegikkusu~

• Senpai
  • 4214 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 02:38 PM

^ Why were you scared? XD You didn't think it was true?

#43 nadirahani

nadirahani

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 640 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 03:58 PM

OMG!!!! I can't believe she's BACK!!!! I'm so happy!!! :w00t:
I think people really harsh to her... <_<
Poor Mogi.. :sob:
When I saw the news "Six New Hello! Pro Egg members" I was like "Six? I thought only three?" then I saw Mogi's pic I was like "Are you serious?????" I'm glad she's in H!P!!
I bet she's become stronger than before now..
Mogi Minami, GOOD LUCK!!!!

Did she have a nickname?? What should I call her??

#44 Welniuke

Welniuke

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 875 posts

Posted 21 June 2011 - 04:08 PM

^
Mogimi would be a cute nickname...

#45 Lotty

Lotty

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 431 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:21 AM

Mogibon! :D

I'm glad they gave her a chance...she was just too young for Momusu now she has the chance to grow and to learn. :D Ganbatte!

#46 MimiChama

MimiChama

*~* 1/3 of the Musketeers of Miyaness *~*

• Senpai
  • 7723 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 01:39 AM

Hahahha Mogi... she is really splitting up the fans in haters and lovers, reminds me of Koharu~~

I'm glad she's back - i don't think she was ready for MM but with training... I trust Tsunku's eye for idols ;) I bet she'll turn into a real diamond!

#47 Corrugo

Corrugo

Student of Life

• Senpai
  • 675 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:57 AM

^ Why were you scared? XD You didn't think it was true?

Haha yeah, I didn't wanna get my hopes up and thought maybe I misunderstood it.. but nope! Can't wait to see where she'll go and how she'll improve ^-^
Posted Image

#48 NaNa_JuuIchi

NaNa_JuuIchi

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1886 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 06:46 AM

Yeah~ Mogi thread \(^o^)/

Thanks goodness we got her as new egg.

FC みやび : 2578-3091-8161 / PKMB2 : 5458-5718-1550
Now playing : [3DS] モンスターハンター4G
GLOW_02.jpg

#49 Chimai

Chimai

Kamonegikkusu~

• Senpai
  • 4214 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:14 PM

^ I know! I hope they train her well and bring out her true potential. I want her to debut!

#50 Kitsuiko

Kitsuiko

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1158 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 03:28 PM

She improved so drastically during training - I mean she and Kanon really blew my mind with what they were able to do after having been so miserable at dancing to begin with - so going in for one or two more years of polish is good.

Reina auditioned twice, when she was 11 and then, you know, legitimately, and it worked out for her.

I wonder what sort of character she'll have? We only saw her when she was, frankly, terrified and lacked a lot of confidence. I'm really curious to see what experienced, more mature and more mentally ready Mogi is like. My favorite part of the H!P is seeing how these girls grow and become these dynamos from just every day kids and how confident they get, and how they perform just fearlessly.. so Mogi by that very token is kinda destined to be one of my favorites. (lol)

I won't lie: Miyabi became my favorite BerryZ member when she forgot her lines during their first concert, Kanon is my favorite Musume right now because she bravely dances badly and just goes all in. It's like having a huge company full of nieces or something that I can cheer on.

I was talking about improvement and it made me think of this:

THAT's Fujimoto. The vocal powerhouse that could belt down a house with or without a microphone most distinctive voice in the hello project Fujimoto. Don't get me wrong; her voice is okay there and she could have been just fine.. but, they told her to be a receptionist for a few years instead of putting her in Morning Musume while she was training.

Three years later, this is the girl we got:

Now, admittedly Fujimoto started out good but this isn't just good anymore. She's one of the few H!P people who was able to dance that hard and STILL keep vocal control - she's HOPPING while singing and still fine live - whereas even Takahashi is mostly still on her lines. She didn't have any dance training at all to begin with and if you look at how fluid she is on her moves here and Romantic Ukare Mode it might not seem much... but watch Ayaya dance after that time. All that from a girl that was 'just okay' to start but the company thought she should get more polish first.

Mogi'll be just fine.

#51 kantutanTayo14

kantutanTayo14

12th gen member

• Banned
  • 7540 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 05:04 PM

^
I know the Egg system made Linlin, Sakichy, Kanyon, & Kikka, but don't expect it could polish Mogi to within an inch as good as Mikitty ^^;

#52 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 02:32 AM

^
Wierder things had happen before, you will never know the power of Tsunku :lol: XD

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#53 Kitsuiko

Kitsuiko

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1158 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:04 AM

^
I know the Egg system made Linlin, Sakichy, Kanyon, & Kikka, but don't expect it could polish Mogi to within an inch as good as Mikitty ^^;

She's 11 and effectively going into the Idol version of Navy Seal training. Bearing in mind she seemed practically emotionally traumatized during her auditions, I'm presuming she really wanted this enough to stick on. Let's say she has.. 3 years to debut around 14? 3 years of dance and voice lessons for a determined person?

Her weakest scenario is that she's going to follow Nono's path, and, despite not being able to find her key without hearing the sound first - that's not precisely a weak vocal match up. Admittedly, she's coming from a deficit being trained in Japan imho. The fact that Japan doesn't have a really strong choral tradition really shows in the raw talent of most of the girls and I keep on reminding myself to scale back my expectations from "good" to "good in Japan" even with most veterans...

Anyhow, back on track. Frankly when it comes down to it if you can hear pitch then singing isn't really all that hard to teach. It's all about learning how to breathe, learning where you're singing from and where you SHOULD be singing from (oh god girls seriously stop singing through your noses the whine.. oh god the whine..), supporting your notes, and learning where your voice is coming from - not necessarily a magical talent that only touches a few girls. She can obviously hear and pitch match even if her vocal quality isn't the most beautiful thing; this isn't a ground up project. Most American choir teachers could probably fix her major problems in a one on one over at most 3 class periods (open your mouth, stop singing through your nose, there's a thing called your diaphragm, we breathe when we sing to support our notes, make a warm sound by making a warm space with your mouth).

So, giving Japan 3 years... that should clear it up.

#54 Corrugo

Corrugo

Student of Life

• Senpai
  • 675 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:22 AM

Imagine getting the news that she made it as an egg - how upset she'd be at not making 9th Gen then get good news like that.. she very well may have had an emotional implosion.
Posted Image

#55 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 05:18 AM

@Kitsuiko
Thank you for the technical input. It sounds like singing is as hard as launching a rocket into space XD

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#56 Chimai

Chimai

Kamonegikkusu~

• Senpai
  • 4214 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:42 PM

^
^
^ YESSS. Well, I for one am just glad that someone understands SOMETHING about singing in this forum.

Anyways...

Anyone can learn how to sing, they just need proper training and determination. 3 years seems like plenty of time for vocal training, doesn't it? Even in Japan. Really, singing isn't rocket science, but it's not the easiest thing in the world, either. You just need proper training. As long as you're not tone deaf, through proper training you can become a good singer. Or at least decent.

So, let's hope that the supposedly new training program the eggs are going to be in that we have heard about is good.

#57 Welniuke

Welniuke

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 875 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 04:53 PM

^
Actually it's impossible to learn singing if You're tone deaf... There really are some people who are just not meant for singing(example: me).

#58 Corrugo

Corrugo

Student of Life

• Senpai
  • 675 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 07:47 PM

Beethoven still managed to be awesome and he was completely deaf, ne? I think it still comes down to determination
Posted Image

#59 Welniuke

Welniuke

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 875 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:03 PM

^
But Beethoven wasn't a singer. He was a composer which is somewhat different from a singer/idol. I think he wasn't deaf(I didn't learn any history about him so I don't know the facts) when he was little and he only grew to be deaf. It might have given him time to remember how the notes sound and learn about them. When You know the notes and how they sound it's easier to make music and is possible to create it even when You are deaf.
But if You are tone deaf in singing, there really isn't that much help for You. You can be trained to sing better but You probably will never become something extremely big or known. Also You could never have the case of Mikitty, Kikka, LinLin simply because if there's nothing to begin with there's nothing to finish with either :/

Though of course Mogi is a different case. Mogi isn't tone deaf or anything, has great potential and a good singing ability(I think the song "Aitai Lonely Christmas" didn't show the girls real singing powers). With a little bit of training she can easily become a great artist <3

#60 Corrugo

Corrugo

Student of Life

• Senpai
  • 675 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:21 AM

Her weakest scenario is that she's going to follow Nono's path,

Assuming Nono is Tsuji I really look forward to that - I think Tsuji has a really pretty voice, especially her Furusato <3

Edit - This

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users