Photo

Poll: Everyday Katyusha

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll: Everyday Katyusha (36 member(s) have cast votes)

How many copies of "Everyday Katyusha" did you buy?

1. 1 (5 votes [13.89%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.89%

2. 2 (5 votes [13.89%] - View)

3. 3 (2 votes [5.56%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

4. 4 (1 votes [2.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.78%

5. 5 (1 votes [2.78%] - View)

6. 6 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. 7 (0 votes [0.00%])

8. 8 (0 votes [0.00%])

9. 9 (0 votes [0.00%])

10. 10 (1 votes [2.78%] - View)

11. More than 10 (4 votes [11.11%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

12. I didn't buy a copy. (17 votes [47.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.22%

Was the inclusion of the senbatsu voting ticket a major factor that you bought multiple copies?

1. Yes, I want to support my Oshimen(s). (7 votes [19.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.44%

2. No, I always buy so many copies. (7 votes [19.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.44%

3. I only bought one copy. (5 votes [13.89%] - View)

4. I didn't buy a copy. (17 votes [47.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.22%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 dev-null

dev-null

#1 Kinoshita Haruna Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:24 AM

Since some people claim that the inclusion of the voting ticket was a major factor that the single broke tons of records let's find out by vote (and yes, I know it probably will lead to a one-sided result since we (probably) have a higher density of real hardcore wotas here than normal average everyday fans :lol: ).

Personally I think that it only amounts a smaller part of the record sale (less than 10% or such), different editions (Type A, Type B, etc.) are a more important factor generally. The previous singles also sold rather well and the extremely good result is mainly normal progress (many new fans and such).

If the senbatsu single is similar good like Heavy Rotation it should outsell "Everyday Katyusha" at least (like Heavy Rotation did outsell Ponytail). Just my opinion.

What do you think? :ph34r:

signature3.png

#2 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 01:55 AM

Bought 30+ copies myself... All votes going to Amina.

Usually I buy one of each version released, unless there's something specific going on, such as this (but there's no reason for me to buy say 10 copies of the same single unless there's something extra and special with it)

Its amazing sales figure is due to them having mainstream audience on their side. No amount of wotas can pull this off alone, you need other people too.
Look at Sakura no Ki ni Narou: 1,1 million sold copies, and there was no voting ticket there.

Basically it is as you say: More and more people come along and buy.

PS: I don't consider myself to be a wota, just a fan :)

#3 Kireny

Kireny

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2002 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:03 AM

I bought 3 versions (kinda by accident), I usually buy 2 versions - one Type A and one Type B. This time I asked pk91 if he could get them from HMV since he was in japan and could put the votes in for me...so I got a Type A and a Type B from him. I had completely forgot I had pre-ordered a copy of Type A with a few other releases until it showed up the other day :ph34r: I always buy buy one of each version (not the LE w/the event tickets since I'm not in Japan, I dont want to waste something another fan could use)
I think, while the ticket had some effect, its not the only reason. They sell a ton without voting tickets and they've become more mainstream in the last few years.

My votes did go to Yuko though.
Posted Image

-made by nono:)bbz, who is awesome

#4 BlackTsubaki

BlackTsubaki

Takamina

• Senpai
  • 1061 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 05:13 AM

I bought 11, 10 votes for Takamina and the last one to Haruu (shimada haruka). I don't buy this many unless there is something that I really must have, usually just get the A,K,B and theater versions of the CD and nothing more. As it is an election single I thought the inner fan needed to show my oshi some support outside of normal things I buy featuring her.

Plus other factors, while AKB is my favorite j-pop, the GazettE comes before all lol XD, and their new single along with a live DVD were released the same time Kachuusha was......so that sucked up most of my money.

This is the most I've ever bought of just the same single, it has to hold something special for me to buy more than the normal 4 editions.

Takamina I Shimada Haruka I Mayuyu

#5 gryzze

gryzze

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1443 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:53 AM

I bought 10 copies and put all my votes on Sasshi.
I usually get one copy of each Type like the others commenting here.

The wotas are vastly outnumbered nowadays so I don't think they're much of a factor.

I think the results at the last two Request Hour are proof of that.

#6 dev-null

dev-null

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:04 AM

What I always wonder what you people do with all this multiple double exemplars. Do you sell it later on eBay or something? :)

So far I only bought one edition of each release I bought. Sometimes it's hard too choose, of course. So I definitely can see to buy all types if they have different content to offer. I would do, if I had the money for it. :)

Usually I get the version where I like the cover better (that's why I got the normal edition instead the limited edition of Sakura no Ki ni Naro, f.ex.) or the version with more interesting DVD content (that's why I got Type B of Not yet's debut single, which had more to offer than Type A). When yesasia failed to send me the Miichan edition of No Sleeves' Answer I almost bought a second version, but in the end I just stuck with the Kojiharu version. :)

Assuming my copy of Everyday Katyusha (Type B, limited edition, if that matters — had more girls that didn't looked photoshopped into the picture. ;) ) arrives in time I have one single vote. Still thinking who to vote for. Maybe Yuka, because she has a fair chance to get into senbatsu, or Moeno, because she was missing in the first day list at all... or perhaps I give my vote to Nacchan (a girl that is usually not on my radar) as thanks for all the tracker uploads of our "Nacchan<3" fan. Just loud thinking... still unsure... would be easier with Erepyon still being a member, of course. :)

signature3.png

#7 dev-null

dev-null

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:08 AM

What I forgot to mention, since I'm here in Europe it's also rather risky to order many copies just for the votes (even if I wanted) since it often can take longer than a week (e.g. when stuff gets stuck in customs) to arrive. Then I had many double CDs bought for nothing if the election is over in the meantime. Usually yesasia stuff arrives in 1 to 2 weeks here, but it took longer already too (like more than 4 weeks once). Just something that one has to consider... dunno how you do play it safe here (assuming you're not living directly in Japan and this is not an issue for you). :ph34r:

signature3.png

#8 Lotty

Lotty

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 431 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:08 AM

I bought only 1 versio... as always...the Limited B version this time...
I think 1 version is enough. I don't need the CDs twice or more :P

#9 gryzze

gryzze

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1443 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:32 AM

I order from HMV and they always deliver within a week...

#10 Erin.

Erin.

Graduated Member

• Senpai
  • 3055 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:52 PM

...I didn't buy any. :c03: I feel bad, but after preordering Koko ni ita koto, I'm basically broke. Hopefully next year I'll have money. ^^
But if I were to have bought a copy, it would have been because of the election ticket so I could support my oshimen, Wasamin. I would have ordered limited or regular B, because I like the Undergirls' song.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users