• Please log in to reply
177 replies to this topic

#161 LoveRice

LoveRice

Your favorite user

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 04:36 AM

I showed my mom S/mileage once and she's like " woah they're sexy" LOL. She also said it would've been better if she can understand them. She liked it LOL.

Meanwhile my brothers don't mind

#162 weeaboowoman

weeaboowoman

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 395 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 11:22 AM

Most of my family are just like "Oh it's this weird Japanese shit again". I don't get scolded for it, since I've been a fan of many Japanese things since my pre-teen years they kind of expect it, they just don't like hearing it. My boyfriend (whom I've been together long enough that he might as well count; most people are surprised that we're not engaged yet) is indifferent to most songs (though I've got him into LoVendoR if that counts), but he thinks some of the members are attractive (mainly Sayu and Ai-chan, I say, good choice). He also thinks my fangirling is cute, though that's towards my many fandoms in general rather than just H!P.

Kago Ai - Mitsui Aika - Aikawa Maho - Yamagishi Riko

#163 sheikhyerbutay

sheikhyerbutay

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 799 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 01:37 PM

My wife hates it.  Is jealous of it.  Is embarrassed by it.  Thinks others will see me as a pedophile.  Yet, she has stacks & stacks of MALE artist's CD's laying around the house and somehow that is entirely different.  For her, that's normal, for me it's abnormal.  So much for "equality", eh?

Very few of my friends get it. 

#164 Sanalui

Sanalui

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 211 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 06:51 PM

one time, when i shared computer with my older sister who so into grunge music *nirvana*, look at my private folder, and at that time, i still just know MoMusu... then she reads their name... Morning Mesum? she says well... mesum in my country means hentai or ecchi lol.... and since that she always said MoMusu's name like that. Other than myself, no one in my family really into idol songs so they're sometimes ask me "what so interesting about them??" and i just, mind your own bussinessss hahaha.... im fine with it.

mYJHMOa.png

~ SATO MASAKI :arrow: HAMAURA AYANO  :arrow: ALL H!P MEMBERS  :arrow:  LOVE THEM ALL    :chuu: ~

#165 Otsukaranya

Otsukaranya

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:03 PM

My family calls me the Chinese and it's kinda boring honestly...

" MICHISHIGE SAYUMI IS MY SOUL , MORNING MUSUME IS MY LIFE "

Michishige Sayumi Kudo HarukaKaga KaedeMakino MariaMorito Chisaki ♥ all Morning Musume ♥ Sasaki Rikako ♥ Kamikokuryou MoeFunaki Musubu ♥ Kawamura AyanoMiyamoto Karin Yanagawa Nanami Nomura MinamiInoue Rei ♥ Ichioka Reina ♥ Inoue Hikaru ♥ Horie Kizuki

Kaga Kaede's first official FB fanpage here

#166 Konohita

Konohita

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 196 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 02:35 AM

My family doesn't know/care that I like Morning Musume. My boyfriend does know that I love Sayumi and Maachan, he likes some of Momusu singles (Wagamama ki no mama ai no joke, One Two Three, TokiSora to name a few) and he always drops me by to my friend's house for Momusu dance practice. I'm lucky :lol:

#167 ShiningLight445

ShiningLight445

Amateur Family Historian

• Senpai
  • 2247 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 04:13 AM

My boyfriend hates idol Jpop. Says young girls should not be like that, dressing as they do and doing some sexy moves now and then.

My mom really doesn't like it that I buy stuff from Japan. That's pretty much it for that. I have explained the concept of Momusu and showed her my TIKI BUN cd. She said she liked Eripon lol

My dad is meh. lol that's pretty much it. XD

I really don't share it that I love idols to anyone. They might find me weird :/ In terms of regular Jpop, I still don't tell anyone because they might do like they say kpop,that "it's weird and I don't understand it".

" ’15 has become a completely new Morning Musume。, but I want to treat the history that has been handed down to us preciously.  If there was a book about Morning Musume。’s history, I think I would be happy to see my name left there."

~Oda Sakura

"Masaki loves all music made by Tsunku-san. Every single note and word stabs me right in my soul! I mean it in a good way!" (translated by Ronin - thanks!)

~Sato Masaki

#168 LittleBerry

LittleBerry

Ee • Ee AH • Ee Et c e t e ra • Oh

• Senpai
  • 643 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:25 AM

Well, my family knows that I like things from Japan (anime, music, videogames...) but I've never really showed any of them what I listen to, so... they don't really know what H!P, let alone idols are or what kind of J-music I listen to. But wait... just once I showed my dad a MV of a group of artists (not idols) I like and he said that it was nice and commented that he "liked Japanese music". That was nice but I haven't felt like showing him more of my Japanese music, I think it's not too important :P The only Japanese artist we both listen to is a man called Kitaro who has some beautiful pieces.

And this is technically not about my family (though I consider close friends to be something like an extended family <3 ) but I'll say it anyway XP. I've tried to get my close friends into J-pop and the response ranges from "mmm, no, it's not my thing" (because it's in a language they don't understand/find weird, which is ironic considering I'm not from an English-speaking country yet these friends of mine love music in English without understanding a word of it, unlike me, lol; they respect it though, but these people are the type that refer to it as "that Chinese music you like" no matter how many times I've told them "it's not Chinese, it's Japanese XP " to which they always reply with something like "it's kinda the same, isn't it?") to "cool! They're good" (though the people who have said this haven't really become FANS like me, they just think it's good/nice music). I'm still trying though, I want us to fangirl/fanboy together </3 I think one day I will find a song that will change everything for them MWAHAHAHA XD

I BK

tumblr_px0vo1G83A1wnyk0uo1_640.png

Maihacchi Maa Kumaicho Momochi Megu Ume-chan Chissa Kishimon Maopin Kiki Omizu  Reirei Riorio Sako Minamina Yanamin Uta-chan Yamakki Aarii Riai Fuyutan Moe Maro Ayacho Meimei Rikako Rin Yuha Miimi Momohime Saya Rika Icchan Miyo Honoka Mikapon Muracchi Hikarun • Ruri • Yuriyan Mittsi Panmei Kaedy Nonyaka Yokoyan Niheyan

#169 waifusayu

waifusayu

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 404 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:00 AM

My family have "my car...my rule" thing so when we I drove for 7 hours with the family it was all Morning Musume music with some anime OST.  :lol:  They never said a single thing because they know I love Japanese culture. 

Proud Usachan Creep

#170 SZA

SZA

the love galore

• Senpai
  • 709 posts

Posted 19 April 2017 - 12:38 PM

My sister listened to Shabondama once and liked it but then when I had her listen to the newer songs she said kpop was better...shook.
Sato Masaki <3 Ishida Ayumi

#171 miyooooons

miyooooons

mother

• Senpai
  • 2126 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 07:01 AM

My mom LOVES watching H!P concerts. I'll often torrent Morning Musume concerts and Hello Cons just to watch with her. I don't live with her, but I go to her house usually once or twice a week. Before I come over, she's always like "Bring a concert for us to watch!!" and we do XD she loves learning about the groups and the members and she's always asking questions which I love because I love telling people about H!P.

She really likes Sakura, Eripon, Yanamin, Airi and ReiRei haha.

The rest of my family is completely cool with it, but they just don't take interest. I've been a Kpop fan since I was 15 and I'm 21 now so being an H!P fan isn't any different in their eyes. They'll just be like "oh yeah, that's just Vince's asian pop stuff XD " lol

MM:  A: 

J=J: ⬤ TF: 

BY:   ON: 

ALUM: Meimi Maasa KSSU'23: Yulia / Hinoha / Rena ~ edited: 2023/12/29

#172 rinafest'19

rinafest'19

slow release schedule apologist

• Senpai
  • 1848 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 04:52 PM

Well my parents were always like "Ehh..whatever" when it came to anime and sutff like that, so when I started listening to H!P from Shugo Chara (a few years later after Shugo Chara started...) but they honestly don't care I'm into Jpop, as long as I keep my head phones in..

5 year update: Exactly the same but I get my sister to listen to more stuff lately. She also really likes Yurina

MizukiRina

Twitter

#173 Sielde

Sielde

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 46 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 06:14 PM

My family have no idea who they are. When I went to MM '14 NYC, all I said was that I was going to see a "group from Japan that I've been following for a long time". My parents were so focused on me getting safely to/through/from the city by myself that the identity of this Japanese group was of no concern. And tbh, my brother would probably think that H!P is dumb, so... :/

MM: Yokoyan - Miki - Mei || ANGERME: Rikako - Ayano - Shion || J=J: Ruru - Riai || Tsubaki: Yuumi || BEYOOOOOONDS: Miyo - Rika

#174 kakkowarui

kakkowarui

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 126 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 04:22 PM

My family knows I'm into jpop, but they wouldn't even be able to name any Japanese artists I like

#175 arcothewonderdog

arcothewonderdog

6th gen member

• Validating
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 11:09 PM

Throughout my life, I've been into a myriad of Japanese "things", like manga and anime, music, culture, etc, and my parents have always been fine with it. My mom doesn't mind being shown anything at all, and she's even watched anime and H!P things (Haromoni!!) with me plenty of times. My dad doesn't like anything that isn't American, so he doesn't have an interest in it, but he doesn't ridicule my own interest all that much compared to what I've seen from others' parents.

My mom even had her favorite MM member... Yossie!

#176 ☆れいな☆

☆れいな☆

一生♥れいな♥についていきます.

• Senpai
  • 1763 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:43 AM

My mom took me to Berryz in New Jersey. My brother became a Chinami wota there and then, and is even on the dvd. He was a youngin, and now he still follows her on instagram and likes her posts. My mom sings some of the older MM singles, like Sexy Boy. It's mostly gibberish and humming, but she still sings the tunes. She also follows Chinami, Reina, and I think Ai on instagram. She also finds photos of Momochi and other H!P girls randomly, and tags me in them on facebook, asking me "this is momochi right?" "isn't this a girl from hello?". My sister used to listen and watch the videos with me up until 2011ish, and then sporadically until 2013. She lost interest after Platinum Era graduated. Her favourite was W, and her favourite member was Tsuji. My dad doesn't actively like H!P or anything, but will give other Japanese music a listen. He's more of a rock/metal fan. Though.. he really likes Sayumi lol.

My fiance doesn't like it or dislike it. He's happy that it makes me happy, and knows I love Reina a lot. He'll give me money and say "here, buy yourself something Reina, because I don't know what you already have." lol. He likes some of the songs, his favourite is Tiki Bun, but he also likes the mandarin version of Ame no furanai. He prefers when I listen to BiSH or LoVendoR though. He's thinking of coming with me to see Juice=Juice if they're coming to the east coast.

All in all, I guess I'm pretty lucky <3

Reina-ist forever。♥ nv6pgm.pngAlways supporting Aibon。♥

田中れいな

加護亜依道重さゆみジュンジュン菅谷梨沙子佐藤優樹飯窪春菜福田花音島村唄

LoVendoRBiSHモーニング娘。テンテンコBillie IdleプラニメBerryz工房BiS

#177 Yossie_Saikou

Yossie_Saikou

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 174 posts

Posted 03 July 2017 - 04:27 PM

Well in my family, we're all otakus and japanese culture fans! My dad can't stop watching Naruto, my mom likes some animes and japanese songs, and my brothers watch Momusu with me. We love japanese culture a lot! 

MORNING MUSUME! NONAKA MIKI! IKUTA ERINA! FUKUMURA MIZUKI! KAGA KAEDE!  <3 JUICE = JUICE! TAKAGI SAYUKI! DAMBARA RURU!  <3 KOBUSHI FACTORY <3 BUONO  <3

#178 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

Official fanclub for Yokoyan's smile - it saves lives.

• Senpai
  • 1685 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 03:33 PM

My mom is sweet about it.. she lets me listen to C-ute and Morning Musume loudly when I cook and she actually tries to listen to me when i fangirl. She has even said that C-ute's songs are pleasant.

My dad is ok, he likes a couple of songs, and when i listen to it with him alone, he never complains, but when my sister is there, he and she usually make fun of the music and make borderline racist impressions of the Japanese language. That bothers me a whole lot, and when I told them it was stupid they called me sensitive and that "i shouldnt even care since im not Asian" .. 

oh and my sister goes out of her way to underline how "they all look alike" to her and how "their voices suck and they're all children (she said that about platinum era musume)", but she has a habit of undermining everything i love anyway - so eh. 

needless to say that i dont share it with them anymore - especially my sister. 

My boyfriend used to be a brat about it, but now he begs me to fangirl to him and even listens to the songs i send him (and even sometimes likes them and remembers them), so thats neato burrito.

so yeah.. pretty average, methinks

Current Ultras: Yokoyama Reina Sasaki Rikako Asakura Kiki, Akiyama Mao Yamazaki YuhaneMaeda Kokoro♥ 

TSUBAKI FACTORY

Current Casual: Oda Sakura, Nonaka Miki, Haga AkaneTanimoto Ami Ise Layla, Kawamura Ayano,  

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users