• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5047 replies to this topic

#5021 Corpenicus62

Corpenicus62

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3603 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 02:26 AM

The 10th gen are rising very quickly. Do you know if this is faster than the 9th gen rose?
I'm really impressed with how quickly they're gaining popularity!

Good question.

Mixi ratings for 9th gen on January 10 of this year:

Fukumura Mizuki- 330
Ikuta Erina- 165
Sayashi Riho- 539
Suzuki Kanon - 268

Roughly compared to:

Kudo Haruka- 496
Sato Masaki- 123
Ishida Ayumi- 99
Ikubo Haruna- 78

In short, Haruka's awesome, but the other 3 are lagging far behind 9th gen's numbers.

#5022 taylorniw

taylorniw

no

• Senpai
  • 5495 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:16 AM

They're in different situations, though. 9th gen were the newest generation in 3 years. 10th gen followed a still new generation and still haven't showed up on anyone's blogs or anything. Plus they were overshadowed by Takahashi's graduation.

^I think it's an exaggeration to say that performance skills don't count for anything. Sara wasn't the cutest, but she was very popular during the auditions (with the japanese fans as well) because of her singing ability. Looks are more important, I agree, but Ayumi is pretty too. I think her skills on stage could give her an edge later on. She may end up with more solo lines than Masaki simply because she can handle them better right now, and that could result in more attention for her.

Don't be mad at me for saying this, but Miyabi really isn't the prettiest girl in Berryz (that chin!), and she's not the most bubbly and outgoing either, but she IS (arguably) the best singer, so she gets a lot of lines, and she has a lot of fans as well.

(Another example would be Chisato, who's not the most conventionally pretty member of c-ute, but has been gaining a lot of fans this past year or so since she's started being able to show off her vocals and dancing skills more)

Well, like I said, looks are really a matter of debate. And Miyabi's personality is very safe. The front girls in most groups are always the safe, somewhat boring ones, because they're less likely to offend. People with dynamic personalities are rarely the most popular anymore because they get less of a push. And it's UFA who gave her the lines because they think she can sing. Even if she couldn't, if she was pushed, she would still have plenty of fans.

#5023 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:52 AM

Of course, popularity is a complicated thing. I'm just saying, I think talent is one of the many factors influencing it. You can't just discount talent entirely. Maybe Miyabi gets more lines because she's a good singer, and she's more popular because she gets more lines. Even if it's only having more lines that makes her popular, indirectly, she still is more popular because she's a better singer. The point is if Miyabi (not the prettiest and not the most interesting in the group*) also had a poor voice, she almost certainly wouldn't be pushed, so she wouldn't get the lines, so she wouldn't be popular.

It's easy to say that if a girl gets pushed more, she will become more popular, BUT they don't pick girls to push (or even add to the groups) at random (despite what some people here seem to think). They push the girls they think can draw in the most fans, so it's really a cyclical thing. They want to push the girls who have "star power", some outstanding qualities. Maybe it's a pretty face (Sayumi), maybe it's an entertaining personality (Koharu), maybe it's outstanding dancing skills...and loli wota appeal (Riho) or maybe it's a stand-out voice (Ai-chan). Part of the reason Ai-chan became such a star was her voice. I very much doubt she'd have become as popular as she did if she was a mediocre singer, both because she wouldn't have gotten such an overwhelming amount of lines, and because some people really are her fans because she has a lovely voice.

Right now, we've seen very little of 10th gen performing, but I expect Ayumi to get more of a prominent role in the songs than Masaki at first just because Masaki will likely struggle more with her singing and dancing, so they won't want to put her in front before she's ready. And IF I'm correct in that guess, Ayumi could end up catching up to or passing Masaki.

*I don't dislike Miyabi. I'm just trying to look at it objectively

Currently Stuck In My Head: Nippon no DNA

Hello!Online Top H!p Songs of 2019 Results Posted

#5024 chuxnon

chuxnon

no maro, no life

• Senpai
  • 5243 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:49 AM

with Haruna's looks, I can see her and Ayumi both surpassing Masaki. or idk. but that's just how I see it - Masaki is really cute though but she just gives me this underdog vibe xux

keep your smile

last.fm || tumblr || twitter

#5025 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:53 PM

Kudo Haruka- 496
Sato Masaki- 123
Ishida Ayumi- 99
Ikubo Haruna- 78

In short, Haruka's awesome, but the other 3 are lagging far behind 9th gen's numbers.

I think Kudou-chan had a head start since she was an Egg and was already on this Maxi rating.

Don't be mad at me for saying this, but Miyabi really isn't the prettiest girl in Berryz (that chin!), and she's not the most bubbly and outgoing either, but she IS (arguably) the best singer, so she gets a lot of lines, and she has a lot of fans as well.

I agree Miya is not the prettiest in Berryz but its not becoz of her chin. It just that Risako and Yurina just looks better XD - that just my personal opinion anyway :P... Anyways Miya's chin gives Miya her unique characteristic look. And Miya was the most bubbly and outgoing member until that "rumour" spread by fans that nearly ruined her career. Blame it on the fans for making Miya more guarded and conservative.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#5026 k♥chan

k♥chan

Matsui Rena ✰superfan✰

• Senpai
  • 2984 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 05:32 PM

For those who are wondering:
In January 25 2011, Haruka started with 97. Source

If we add the other 10th gen members:

Kudo Haruka- 97
Sato Masaki- 123
Ishida Ayumi- 99
Ikubo Haruna- 78

Satou is 'the most popular' in a way...

Posted Image

Matsui Rena & Suzuki Kanon super fan//tumblr//ameblo//

icon & siggie by me// graphics

#5027 Violetbutterfly

Violetbutterfly

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 219 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:22 PM

For those who are wondering:
In January 25 2011, Haruka started with 97. Source

If we add the other 10th gen members:

Kudo Haruka- 97
Sato Masaki- 123
Ishida Ayumi- 99
Ikubo Haruna- 78

Satou is 'the most popular' in a way...

I'm pretty sure it's not fair to use the ranking from when she was still egg...Now if you take away the 97 from her score now which is more representative of the fans shes gained since passing (even though there are several months inbetween its still better than just using the 97...coz well that makes no sense. if somebody can find something from just before the auditions thatd be even better) you'd end up with something more like this:
Kudo Haruka- 399
Sato Masaki- 123
Ishida Ayumi- 99
Ikubo Haruna- 78

not that any of this is relevant...just thought i'd point out the massive flaw in that logic

edit:
July mixi kudo was 136
so even if you go from then the difference is still 194

#5028 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:29 PM

However you look at it, Haruka is the most popular of 10th gen right now (and by a pretty big margin).

Plus, it's not even totally fair to subtract all the fans she already had, because those were people she couldn't add as new fans once she passed the audition. Some of those people might have joined her community once she joined h!p anyway, if she was brand new to h!p. Er... didn't explain that very well but I hope it makes sense.

#5029 mydnightzx

mydnightzx

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1206 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:52 PM

Kudou is the most popular among the wotas with or without mixi
This is what I posted on Kudou Thread

I'm just going to mention how big is Kudou fanbase is with the wotas.

There's a reason why she was the last one announced during the 10th gen announcement on the 29th.
When her name was announced, the arena basically went wild.

And someone mention to me that her photocard that was sold on the 30th,sold out...........

In the nearby future, it will be a Kudou and Riho show.

#5030 asuka

asuka

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 300 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:00 PM

Though, UFA won´t give all of them the spotlight. But I have the feeling that Haruka and Masaki will be pushed the most out of all 10th gen members... Haruna will follow in Sayumi footsteps and Ayumi will be pushed to the front somewhere in the future.

#5031 k♥chan

k♥chan

Matsui Rena ✰superfan✰

• Senpai
  • 2984 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:27 PM

No source or anything else but I believe Satou is going to be pushed with various promotions, Haruka in PV, Ayumi.. I don't know maybe in popular magazine like UTB and Haruna on TV but not in the same time.

Posted Image

Matsui Rena & Suzuki Kanon super fan//tumblr//ameblo//

icon & siggie by me// graphics

#5032 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:13 AM

Nah, Masaki will probably always have the advantage of being (debatablyeof course) cuter than Ayumi. Being a better performer won't really help her all that much in terms of popularity since it really isn't all that important. I don't think there are any idols who are popular because of their ability anymore.

Huh. I thought the start of Riho's popularity was because of her awesome dance skills shown during her auditions. Also, personally, I think Takahashi was the least cute of all the 5th gen (and for a while pretty much all of MM) and yet to date she's the most popular member. Looks help, but talent does as well.

I hope 10th gen performs something soon, because it's been a whole week since their announcement I really want to see the new girls in action. x)

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#5033 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:21 AM

^The 10th gen minus Kudou-chan will be on Sayu's ustream channel "Mobekimasu tte Nani?" ( What is Mobekimasu? ) this week.
Sorry I don't remember the exact time and day for this ^^;

Kudou-chan will be busy with Momusu's Reborn musical stage play.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#5034 wahashimoto

wahashimoto

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 805 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 05:47 AM

I hope everyone's eating their words about Harunan's singing. Tsunku explicitly said her singing was very good. :good:

@Zam: thanks for bringing that up about Miya. I was going to but I felt it a bit off topic XD

Avvie made by me! :3

miya.mikitty.gaki-san.chisa.kanon

#5035 Icee

Icee

daredemoヾ(*´∇`)ノ daisuki

• Senpai
  • 689 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:23 AM

Yay 10th gen exposure!
I feel like for 9th gen we waited forever to get something that showed their personalities. XD
Hopefully Sayu will bring out the best in them, if she doesn't obsess over how cute they are. lol

#5036 kantutanTayo14

kantutanTayo14

12th gen member

• Banned
  • 7540 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:56 AM

Of course, popularity is a complicated thing. I'm just saying, I think talent is one of the many factors influencing it. You can't just discount talent entirely. Maybe Miyabi gets more lines because she's a good singer, and she's more popular because she gets more lines. Even if it's only having more lines that makes her popular, indirectly, she still is more popular because she's a better singer. The point is if Miyabi (not the prettiest and not the most interesting in the group*) also had a poor voice, she almost certainly wouldn't be pushed, so she wouldn't get the lines, so she wouldn't be popular.

...or maybe it's a stand-out voice (Ai-chan). Part of the reason Ai-chan became such a star was her voice. I very much doubt she'd have become as popular as she did if she was a mediocre singer, both because she wouldn't have gotten such an overwhelming amount of lines, and because some people really are her fans because she has a lovely voice.

Right now, we've seen very little of 10th gen performing, but I expect Ayumi to get more of a prominent role in the songs than Masaki at first just because Masaki will likely struggle more with her singing and dancing, so they won't want to put her in front before she's ready. And IF I'm correct in that guess, Ayumi could end up catching up to or passing Masaki.

Kirari, Dawa, Mano, & Yurina got pushed, good singer Linlin didn't get pushed. So stop saying vocal singing talent matters in a gravure agency of Kiraris, Dawas, Yurinas, Manos, Sayus, & Ikutas

#5037 ian87

ian87

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 144 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:32 AM

So H!P is just a gravure agency now huh :rolleyes: ?
To be perfectly honest minus the jailbaits i really wouldn't mind that lawl

I'm okay with this audition results, though never really fussed about it much and just try to enjoy what i can and forget what i can't (7th and 8th gen auditions? huh i'm sorry, what are you talking about?)
Looking forward to see the jukkies growth :)

#5038 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:51 PM

So stop saying vocal singing talent matters in a gravure agency of Kiraris, Dawas, Yurinas, Manos, Sayus, & Ikutas

KT you better just step back and calm down before you make another stupid comment like that. You seem to be more agitated than usual.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#5039 celestia414

celestia414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2832 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:55 PM

You're right. LinLin was a good singer. She was also CHINESE which was a huge strike against her, unfortunately. Talent DOES count, but there are other factors as well.

#5040 kantutanTayo14

kantutanTayo14

12th gen member

• Banned
  • 7540 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 04:43 PM

zam & celestia414
Prove my previous post wrong by backing up with evidence

If talent "DOES count as one of the factors" why is it that it's Sayu & Mano that gets pushed the most?
Why is it that once Kirari becomes Koharu & starts singing good with NR, she gets graduated like a Junjun or a Linlin?

And why were Vampire & Kanana chosen for s/m#2 instead of the more talented Karin, & Sara passed over for the less talented Haruna if H!P/UF is not in fact a gravure agency?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users