Photo

The archives, by rokun (My One and Only - SayaIshi Graduation Special)

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#21 Ro-kun

Ro-kun

永久に不滅

• Headquarters
  • 3453 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 11:48 PM

Aww haha, I'm sorry! I've been working on the next chapter... hope to have it up sometime in the next day or two. ^^ It's in a bit different... tone than what I normally write, so it's coming a bit slowly. ^^;

And mmsuki - no problem! :lol: Thanks for the referral! :D Although you know, it's probably too late now, but feel free to post to threads like Circle of Three's too. :)

You know, all the blog translation I do takes a good bite outta my writing time... lol. Hopefully I can get it out tomorrow. I'll be getting a bit busy for a week or so come Wednesday...

#22 kolaiNik

kolaiNik

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 01:54 PM

BUMP!!!!

Ro-kun, Just a bump, PLEASE update soon, im missing this story. SOOOOOO much. its really good!!!!!!
Life is a game, Keep playing till you get game over
熊井友里奈 私の愛

#23 Ro-kun

Ro-kun

永久に不滅

• Headquarters
  • 3453 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:37 PM

Sorry it took so long!!! ^^; I know you guys aren't used to slower updates as much... Well I'll try to update a bit more often than usual ^^; That's part of why I'm only posting this here now lol... Anyway~

Chapter 3: Role Model

“Now I’ll ask someone to repeat what I said,” the young teacher finished in English. “Kumai-san, how about you?”

Yurina stared at the woman while still slouched in her chair. Sitting up, she cleared her throat. “Um… Enjoy?”

“Very good!” the teacher, Sudou-sensei, praised her. “Now can anyone use it in a sentence?”

English was not Yurina’s best subject, but she tried hard. That was a mark of most successful athletes here, doing their best in whatever it was they did, and was one of the reasons they were so well-respected. Sometimes it was hard to identify in Yurina herself since she didn’t talk often, but those who got to know her better, as well as those who thought a bit at the success she’d had, knew the truth of her deceptively quiet nature.

She could perhaps have gotten into a more “prestigious” academic private school, but it would have been far from guaranteed, and the basketball program here was known across Tokyo. Since she really had no clear aspirations of college or such beyond graduation, she was content to be able to pursue her sports and live her current dream.

As one of the boys in the class expanded on her answer to Sudou-sensei, she gazed toward the back corner of the room at Miyabi-chan, who as usual was slumped in her chair and appeared asleep. Tokunaga next to her was just staring into space, her mouth slightly open while she held a pencil in front of her that waved slowly back and forth.

Yurina didn’t really know what came over her to make her join the delinquent in the bath and have that conversation which, albeit short, was longer than she had with many people. It was almost an impulse that drove her to follow the girl as she went to the locker room after knocking out that boy. The girl had intrigued her, but she’d also developed concern over her after watching her over time, of a type that made her feel like a bit of a big sister.

She just realized that must be something new to the other – having known her since they both started going to this school, she as well as the other students knew how Miyabi Natsuyaki had quite an independent streak, doing her own thing while everyone else did their best to keep up with the rat race.

Yurina herself wasn’t necessarily concerned with the rat race either, but in her case it was more from a “my pace” sense of nonchalance. She didn’t actively try to stand out as Miyabi seemed to, but she somehow ended up doing so anyway in her seeming indifference to most things.

“Kumai-san,” the teacher addressed her again, “Would you like to pair up with Sakamoto-san for this role play?”

Yurina gazed at her blankly for a moment, having been lost in her thoughts, but then nodded and rose. She came to the front of the classroom along with a boy that was at least ten centimeters shorter than her. The boy glanced up at her from time to time with wide eyes, but mostly kept them to the ground.

She was used to this type of reaction from boys since, although she was strangely tall for a girl or even a Japanese person in general, she was also remarkably pretty. Especially after turning 16 and now entering second year, she regularly received comments about how she should look into modeling. It was something she hadn’t really thought of before, but it didn’t sound terrible. She was certainly in a great location for it. If nothing else, it gave her something else to think about for possible post-graduation activities.

She knew that many successful athletes worked in modeling and endorsements, for example Mao Asada… Maybe she could do that if she managed to make the National Basketball team someday.

“Are you ready for the conversation?” Sudou-sensei asked, peering at each of them from beneath dark bangs. Yurina was about to say that no, she had no idea what they were doing, before the teacher continued, “All right, go for it!”

And then she stared at the boy.

“What… is your favorite color?” he asked in a somewhat stuttering voice.

“Green!” she answered almost immediately, startling him. “How about yours?”

“Um…” he stuttered, staring at her. “Um……”

Yurina sighed. She really wished people would stop doing that around her. She glanced out at the audience. It seemed like about half the class was staring at her dreamily, while half of the rest were glaring daggers at the pitiable boy who had her sole attention at the moment.

Turning back to him, she smiled. “Do you like blue?” she asked, gesturing at a pin on his jacket.

He blinked before starting to say “Hai…” and instead, with a quick glance at the teacher, changing it to the English, “Yes. Thank you very much.”

“You’re welcome!” Yurina replied, satisfied.

The boy looked positively radiant at having what must have seemed a relatively successful exchange with her, and Yurina kept her smile on as she returned to her seat. However she didn’t share it only with him, and instead tried to make eye contact with some of the other students who had been staring at her along the way. It all went by too quickly for her to know how successful she had been though, and eventually she managed to retake her seat.

In an unconscious glance at Miyabi, she noticed that the girl had woken, and was now staring heavy-lidded in her direction. Her face was a puzzle, and Yurina somehow got the feeling that she was running their encounter earlier through her head once again. Yes, definitely an intriguing girl.

She glanced around at the other students again, some still of course looking her way, before settling her eyes on the desk. She didn’t mind the attention – as with most everything else, she generally didn’t think one way or another about it – but it had recently begun saddening her at the same time as well, especially with the boys.

That was because she knew now that no matter what they did, how one or another might try to earn her attention, she could likely never return their affections. The reason for this was that she’d recently realized something.

Kumai Yurina likes other girls.

She didn’t know if it meant there was something wrong with her, or if it was something that happened commonly to girls like her since she’d heard rumors of other female athletes who felt the same way. Whatever the case, it is what it is.

She first really realized it one day while watching the cheerleaders during a game, and since then she’d found herself thinking about what it might be like to hug, and maybe even kiss, a cute girl like that in a more than friendly way.

After the realization she’d discovered the great opportunity she had since she regularly bathed and showered with other members of her team. She felt bad about thinking of them in that way though since they didn’t expect a thing, and so kept her eyes averted as much as she could. Somehow though, the fact she seemed to have trouble making eye contact with her teammates and others had served only to enhance her mystique.

However, there was another thing she supposed she was glad of. Even if she might be into girls, she generally wasn’t attracted to most of the other athletes. They were too much like her in being tall and lanky or muscular… not your typical image of “cute” in other words. And Yurina liked cuteness. She hadn’t yet found a suitable cute girl that might share interest in her to test these feelings out with though…

She glanced at Miyabi again, who was yawning with half-slitted eyes. She was cute, but had she even felt attracted to the girl, she knew there was way too much baggage that would come with it. Her eyes drifted to her friend Chinami next to her, and she thought much the same thing. Cute, but bad news. Not that she wanted to stay away from them – Yurina had a habit of quietly sticking her nose into places where maybe it didn’t belong – but she really did feel more like a protective big sister type in regard to those two, if they even needed it. After all, their independence was what generally made them stand out.

The rest of the class passed fairly quietly for her, and her mind wandered to the basketball court and the formations they’d been going over in practice. She felt refreshed after the run earlier, but would be happy when school got out and she had some time to work out before heading home to study.

Even so, the studying wouldn’t be too intensive, since at this point she didn’t even bother with cram school. Her parents and friends had recommended it to her at times, and that she should think more about her “future”, but she was generally just content to spend her time out of the classroom focused on sports and socializing. The two had until now generally gone hand-in-hand, but since talking to Miyabi in the bath earlier, she wondered if perhaps Kumai Yurina was turning over a new socialization leaf.

If so, she knew some people would certainly object to who exactly she was choosing to experiment with. In fact, some did. There were some of her teammates earlier, and now, as she was heading out of the room after English class…

“Kumai-san,” Sudou-sensei called over before she could leave, and Yurina glanced to see the teacher sitting at her desk in front of some papers, having now also donned some glasses, before walking over to stand in front of the desk.

“Sensei,” she said, “What’s up?”

A few of the straggling students still leaving the class gawked at her talking to the teacher, impressed again at how she spoke to her in such a relaxed way… even if she didn’t say all that much. Yurina almost sighed again. These people seemed to watch her all the time… shouldn’t they know her well enough by now!?

That said, some of the students were perhaps staring at the teacher as much as her. Sudou-sensei, with her long and elegant black hair and youthful appearance, was almost as much of an idol in the school as the more popular students. She’d just started this year, and it was rumored she may not have even completed college first. She sure didn’t look it, since despite her mature style she certainly had many innocent features as well, such as the silky smooth skin of youth.

It’s not that it was unusual for this school to have young teachers. Being a mid-city school serving primarily one of the rougher Tokyo neighborhoods, and in the shadow of the high-class Azabu hills district, it was a kind of “proving ground” for teachers new to the system. Most were also women who had even less options elsewhere.

So although many of the other teachers were attractive and captivating in their own right, Sudou-sensei’s youthful appearance offered her a mystique the others did not, especially since many tried to appear more mature and professional in order to look more appealing for advancement… and normally, out of this school.

“How’s the basketball team looking so far this fall?” the teacher asked, pulling Yurina out of her thoughts once again.

“The team?” Yurina asked blankly. “Um, it’s all right I guess.”

Sudou-sensei smiled patiently. “All right?” she replied. “That’s an understatement, as far as I hear it. I hear many think you’ll have a run at the city championship, and that you personally of course have a lot to do with it.”

“I don’t know about that…” Yurina said, shifting her feet in embarrassment. “All the girls are really working hard this year.”

“So I see,” the teacher replied, amusement dancing in her features. She stood up from behind her desk, walking around it in her long, tightly wrapped black skirt. “I played basketball when I was a schoolgirl. Did you know that?”

Yurina stared at her. Of course nobody knew anything about the teacher’s history, aside from all the rumors floating around about what kind of college experience she may have had.

“No I didn’t,” she replied evenly, swallowing under the focused gaze the teacher directed at her.

“You’re an example for the rest of the school – a role model, if you will. The girls around here, even some of the boys, they need that. Teachers can only do so much; it’s the students who can and should have the most effect on each other.”

Again Yurina was very aware of the truth of what the woman was telling her, but her humility couldn’t very well let her agree easily. “Mmm…” she murmured uncertainly. Why was this teacher trying to talk to her so much anyway? Surely she knew as everyone else did that Yurina was not the best conversationalist.

“All right, I’ll just get to the heart of the matter,” Sudou-sensei said with a long sigh. “I hear you’ve been seen with Natsuyaki-san more often recently.”

Yurina stared again. Now that was something she hadn’t really expected. “Is that so?” she asked quietly. “I don’t really pay attention to things like that. If someone has something to say to me, we talk. If I have an observation to make to someone, I’ll make it.”

“It doesn’t bother you?” Sudou-sensei asked, peering curiously at her as if the line of her gaze held enticing bait out to a fascinating specimen.

“Excuse me, but doesn’t what bother me?” Yurina asked in return.

“I’m sure you know her history, and that of Tokunaga-san I suppose, although Natsuyaki’s would appear far more interesting.”

“Would it?” Yurina asked, walking slowly around the desk, gazing around the room as if with no purpose while the teacher followed her around the other side.

“I would think a role model for hundreds of young women would be careful of her associations.”

“We’ve been in the same homeroom for a year and a half now. She’s a classmate of mine, just like any of the others.”

“I see,” the teacher replied, “You look at her no differently despite her family.”

“That’s right.”

“Perhaps you’re a better role model than I even thought at first.”

“I don’t try to be anything. I’m just Yurina Kumai. May I go now? I have to prepare for my next class.”

“Of course,” the teacher said as she managed to find her way back around the desk to her chair, and sat in it. This caused Yurina to come to a stop in front of it as well. “Your English is improving lately,” she continued as she glanced down at the papers in front of her. “I’m sure it’s not necessary to tell you, but keep up the hard work.”

“Thank you, Sensei,” Yurina said, and bowed and left the room.

There were only a couple more periods before the day was over, and as she walked toward the gym for practice she saw Miyabi and Chinami walking quickly together, their heads bowed as they conversed and typed rapidly on their cell phones. She wondered idly how much money they would extort from their poor victims tonight.

As with much of the rest of the school – many of the other girls also glanced their way as if trying to pick up any little scraps of information they could for their own purposes – she knew about the enjo kosai the two of them practiced on many nights. They weren’t the only girls in the school who ran such a service since for many of them expendable cash was at a premium, but they were certainly two of the most successful.

Chinami had even asked Yurina once if she wanted to join them not long after the year began, gushing about how beautiful she was and how she’d have the men eating out of the palm of her hand. Yurina wasn’t so sure of that since she felt she might be a bit… different from the type most of the men seemed to pursue, but either way she declined, citing her busy practice schedule.

The mention of her practice schedule had seemed to make the girl’s face fall, and Yurina remembered how she’d gone out for badminton club in their first year. Like Miyabi though, she hadn’t followed through with it. It made sense for Miyabi, but she wondered why the other girl didn’t continue on. She seemed to quite enjoy the sport. Then again, sports were not the most significant part of most girls’ lives, unlike for Yurina.

As she was watching her two classmates, she bumped heavily into something she’d apparently walked into, and almost tripped over what she now found to be a small girl. More accurately, the small girl who’d risen up to her defense in front of the two delinquents earlier in the day.

“Excuse me!!” the girl squeaked, appearing mortified, and started bowing all over herself as she stumbled and regained her feet. She was obviously not the most coordinated person, and not the athlete Yurina was used to in most she knew.

“It’s all right,” Yurina said, holding a hand out to the wall to prop herself up as she peered down at the girl in pristinely tidy seifuku despite the end of the day, and her pigtails waving around as she bowed. “I saw you earlier, didn’t I?”

The girl’s eyes widened as if in pure amazement she’d remembered. “I… um… I…” the girl stuttered. “I’m sorry for bothering you!” she said with another furious bow, and turned as if to flee again.

“Wait,” Yurina said, reaching out a hand to grip the girl’s slim arm just below the shoulder.

At her touch the other froze, staring at her hand as if a snake had risen up and was trying to bite off her arm.

“Sorry,” Yurina said, withdrawing her hand. They were now getting the attention of no few of the other students passing by, most casting them furtive looks, and the other’s eyes darted around self-consciously. “I didn’t mean to frighten you. What’s your name?”

“Tsu…Tsugunaga,” the girl replied. “Tsugunaga Momoko.”

Yurina furrowed her brow in thought. “I heard somebody say earlier they thought you were a third year. Is that right?”

This Momoko’s eyes widened again. “Mmm…hmm…” she said unsteadily. “I’m sorry!!” she said again. “I must look so silly to you…”

“No,” Yurina replied soothingly. “Of course not. I should be the one to apologize, senpai.” And she bowed smoothly. When she looked up, the girl was frozen staring at her again.

“You are… cute,” Yurina said as she rose, a light smile coming to her lips. “You know that?”

A crooked smile came to the other girl as well. “Of course,” she replied uncertainly, though not really as if she doubted it. “The cutest.”

This time Yurina’s smile widened. “I need to head to basketball practice…” she began, and saw the other girl’s features fall in disappointment. “…Would you like to walk with me to the gym?”

The girl lightened up again, although at the same time an almost terrified shadow crossed her face at the idea of going to the gym.

Yurina kept smiling though as the girl didn’t move to reject her invitation. Wouldn’t it be scandalous for Yurina Kumai to be walking to the gym with a quite obviously unathletic girl who almost looked like she could be a princess, no matter how cute she might be.

The cutest, she’d said? Yes, how positively delightful!

#24 mmsuki

mmsuki

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 567 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:53 PM

LOL!.. people here are definitely not used to your update 'speed' XD

*will edit when done reading.. and done eating breakfast.. :P *

arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! i was gonna post my quote by quote comment.. but.. this message appeared.. "You have posted more than the allowed number of quoted blocks of text" LOL!!! so i posted it on the other site.. XD i now know better.. if i do a quote by quote comment, i'll do it on the other site.. ^^;

♫♪♫ A Rabid YajiSuzu Fangirl ♪♫♪

Posted Image
YTavie: xAPPLEcake ; siggie: CROWN.佐久alice

#25 kolaiNik

kolaiNik

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:31 PM

EHHHHHHHHH T_T well thats... awesome and depressing all in one short post T_T

KUMAI YURINA... like's... girls... :S ahahaha :P i guess, if i go by this, kumai-chan and i have more in common :P heh.

Really nice work. it's soooo realistic, even if i really wish it isnt, your such a good writer Ro-kun, Can't wait for the next chapter
\^.^/
熊井友里奈 私の愛

#26 Glasseyelashes

Glasseyelashes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 10775 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:44 PM

before i forget the word, what exactly is "enjo kosai"?

awesome, awesome chapter! i love how unpredictable it is. just when i thought yurina would go for miyabi, she meets momo instead. you wrote that yurina likes cute, well momo is just about as cute as it gets. :P i really love this story!

#27 mmsuki

mmsuki

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 567 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 05:01 AM

^ with the help of google... its compensated dating.. :omg: it was what Miya was doing in the prologue of the story.. ^_^
according to wiki :is a practice where older men give money and/or luxury gifts to attractive women for their companionship, and possibly sexual favors. x_x
sort of like escort service for teens?.. XD :unsure: << thats just my opinion.. :P

Posted Image

#28 Ro-kun

Ro-kun

永久に不滅

• Headquarters
  • 3453 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:24 AM

Sorry about that ^^; There was a bit of a discussion on that in another place, so I didn't think much of just mentioning it in the chapter... Forgot it hadn't come up here really. XD

mmsuki is right on though! :good: There's not really something to relate "compensated dating" to in our Western world though, so that's why I kept the Japanese :lol: since it's common there. More about that will come up in later chapters... although I'll say it isn't actually a significant part of the story ^^; Or at least... I don't plan it to be. It may end up having quite an effect of some kind... lol.

And kolaiNik... sorry to bother you? ^^; I guess I've been in H!P fanficdom for too long... that kind of thing has become natural to me. XD I hope you continue to Enjoy. ^^

#29 Glasseyelashes

Glasseyelashes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 10775 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 06:29 AM

^ the closest to it would be prostitution, i would think. then again, prostitution is sexual favors only.

#30 twintt

twintt

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:27 PM

such an awesome story!! :w00t:
can't wait for more :P

a bit shocked at the prologue ^^; >>wondered what kind of girl Miya is :lol:
Please update soon :respect:

#31 Ro-kun

Ro-kun

永久に不滅

• Headquarters
  • 3453 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:52 PM

^ the closest to it would be prostitution, i would think. then again, prostitution is sexual favors only.

That is true, but that doesn't work because enjo kosai does not at all necessarily include sexual favors (only time spent on dates like going to eat or something), and many girls who participate in it speak become very affronted if asked if they include sexual favors too :lol:

...that said, don't take that to mean Miya (and/or Chinami) isn't necessarily a very naughty girl in this story :lol: Because, well, she has been through a lot. XD

#32 Glasseyelashes

Glasseyelashes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 10775 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 05:25 AM

^ oh i can tell! just from the way you write her. she's quite the little minx.

#33 Ro-kun

Ro-kun

永久に不滅

• Headquarters
  • 3453 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 03:50 PM

^ Great! :D And here you go, another update!!!

Chapter 4 - Rival

“BE-RI-KOU! BE-RI-KOU! BE-RI-KOU!”

“Did you take in the full 5k last night?” Miyabi asked in a bored voice.

“Double! You know the manager from Parco from last week? He called again!”

“That’s wonderful!” she praised, shivering inside. Retail managers… She was so glad it had been a long while since she’d had the ‘pleasure’ of one of them. “So the regular thirty percent cut is… three thousand. I do like things even.”

“…Here you go. You know, I was thinking lately about going on my own. I mean, this is my second call in a week.”

“Nearing the end of the third quarter the score is tied, 37 all. Kumai gets the ball… Score!”

Since her reply was drowned in the sudden cheer, Miyabi straightened her face and repeated again, “You still have no idea what you’re doing. You can’t even imagine a real customer yet. Or do you want to serve retail managers the rest of your life? You might as well drop out and go work tables at a maid café.”

“Irasshaimase~ Goshujin~sama!” Chinami chimed from beside her, smiling wide and giving a suitably servile bow. Miyabi elbowed her in the rubs, causing the girl to grunt at the lost breath. Her smile only halfway faded though.

Miyabi readjusted the hoodie which hung low past her waist, but not low enough to cover the chain dangling from her sash. It was the only accessory visible on her otherwise standard uniform, though her hair splayed out in a tail from a gold-threaded band behind 10-yen coin-sized golden hoops hanging from her ears. Three additional small rings pierced the back of her left ear as well.

“Retail managers aren’t all that bad…” the first-year said in a quieter voice. “Does the company even matter?”

“Trust me,” Chinami said, wincing slightly as she rose up straight again, “It does. If you trust us, you’ll find out what we mean eventually too.”

“Besides, what’s seven thousand gonna buy you?” Miyabi asked, her head tilted slightly. “And that’s even after working half the night.”

“A-as you say…” the girl stammered. “Natsuyaki-san.”

Miyabi resisted the urge to hold her ears as the buzzer sounded.

“And that’s the third quarter! 41-39 is the score as we head into the final period…”

“Don’t you find that announcer annoying sometimes?” Chinami asked, scratching her chin as she watched the girl they just completed business with make her way through the bleacher supports and disappear back into the crowd.

“Why do you say that?” Miyabi replied indifferently, searching the crowds as she carefully counted the cash in her hand before stuffing it into her shirt. “It’s no louder than your normal voice.”

Chinami grimaced, leaning her head forward to scratch the back of it. “You got me there…”

“Oi, Natsuyaki,” came a voice from the crowd, and Miyabi’s eyes darted to see two girls in black, red-threaded seifuku separate themselves from the crowd. One had mid-length, red-streaked bushy brown hair, and two chains hanging from her waist, as well as a white leather jacket that certainly wasn’t part of the uniform. The jacket had colorful designs sewn over each side pocket, and on each shoulder. The other had long black hair tied in a ponytail as well and held her chin up, chewing gum in a fancy red jacket that Miyabi thought must have been Gucci. The skirt of the first hung well past the knees, while the other’s was actually quite short, almost to the thighs.

“You knew they would come, didn’t you?” Chinami asked in a toneless voice at her side, but Miyabi kept her eyes on the newcomers.

“It’s the one time of the year CTG deigns to come play in our gym, even though theirs is no better. Of course they’d come. I didn’t know who it’d be though.”

When they approached, the girl with the red streak slightly in front of the other who almost seemed to prefer to stick to the shadows of the bleachers above, they scrutinized and sized each other up carefully.

“Who’s the whelp?” Miyabi asked, gesturing with her chin at the girl in back.

“Nakajima,” the front one said slowly, “Would you like to introduce yourself to our friends here? We’re guests in their house, after all.”

“You better keep that in mind,” Chinami said, arms now crossed at her chest.

The named girl stepped forward, though still behind the other. “Nakajima Saki,” she said in a somewhat drawling voice. “First year, Cutie Gakuen. Nice to meet you.” Despite the gum-chewing and dumb-sounding tone, Miyabi watched her carefully. First years were never the best actors.

“You brought a first year to us!?” Chinami squawked indignantly, stepping forward, but Miyabi threw out an arm to hold her back. “Might as well serve us a challenge right here and now!”

“Easy, Chii,” Miyabi said. “I’m sure there’s more to the story.” Her head swung back to the girl in front. “Isn’t there, Murakami?”

Murakami Megumi grinned, that puckered smile seeming to imply some private joke she was just on the brink of laughing at, and her eyes sparkled dangerously. Miyabi knew it wasn’t just for show.

“Of course,” she said in a condescending manner. “After all, I wouldn’t want it to look like we were… neglecting you.”

“You could’ve just let us carry on with our business,” Chinami grumbled.

“We couldn’t just pass up the chance to say ‘Hi’ while we’re all gathered here together, now could we?” Murakami said with a flourish at the stands. Miyabi glanced to the side herself and saw the team huddled up with their coach, a tall woman with long black hair and a relaxed disposition. When she spotted Kumai, the girl was gazing directly back at her as she breathed heavily.

What was up with the athlete lately? She seemed to be paying Miyabi an inordinate amount of attention, and there was that day in the bath too… Ah, it wasn’t like she was the only one interested in what she and Chinami were doing down here, even if Miyabi wouldn’t have expected it from the girl. She was sure there were many eyes on them right now, and she wished she knew who they all were.

“She’s right though,” she responded matter-of-factly, “We are just trying to conduct business here.”

“Well you see that’s the problem,” Murakami said with sarcastic regret, “Your business is interfering with our business, which goes on to interfere in the school’s business. We can’t have this school of yours moving up on our turf around here.”

Miyabi felt Chinami light up at that, and she hoped the girl would use some of that wit of hers to try and conceal it as best she could. She felt her own spirits rise at that. So they were taking notice, were they? Well that was the plan after all, and Miyabi Natsuyaki was no longer used to anything but success in projects she put in the effort to plan.

Instead, she responded as expected to the slight. “That’s BeriKou Gakuen,” she stated seriously, and nodded her head toward the other girl again. “Now, are you gonna tell me who the first year really is, or should we just walk away right now?”

Somewhat surprisingly, the younger girl stepped up beside Murakami, peering calculatingly into Miyabi’s eyes. “I represent… a new element in Cutie Gakuen,” she said almost sweetly. “With our Megu-chan here thinking of transferring, and graduation coming up in so very few months, there may be certain… opportunities available for those who seek them.”

Miyabi studied her a moment as the other girl gazed back with eyes that almost seemed to be dancing. The girl had apparently dispensed with the dumbness act. Such a show of confidence worried her more than the acting. “But you aren’t one of those, are you?” she countered astutely, and Miyabi identified a slight quaver in the other’s gaze as at least mild surprise.

Then she looked back to Murakami. Despite her apparently correct guess about the first year, she also most certainly noticed how familiarly she addressed her senpai. Except for perhaps a slight tightening of lips though, the older girl didn’t react to it.

“You might be transferring?” Miyabi asked the fellow second year, her mood falling slightly at a memory. “Gonna join her?”

The other’s face darkened. “That is none of your business, Natsuyaki.”

Just after she spoke a buzzer sounded, and the referees signaled the beginning to the final quarter. Miyabi glanced through the spectators again, but the teams were already back on the court and resuming play.

“She was my friend too, you know,” she said quietly, still gazing toward the court.

“And mine,” Chinami added from beside her.

“Just watch your step,” Murakami advised. “Remember who runs this district.”

“Oh?” Miyabi asked idly. “I thought we weren’t so competitive any longer.”

“Things change,” Nakajima said quietly, drawing all eyes to her. “People graduate. Others enter. Would think you’d know about that too.” She gazed placidly into Miyabi’s face. “Or maybe you don’t?”

Miyabi shrugged, pulling her red-and-gold-embossed black hoodie tighter around her shoulders. “I’ve never really paid much attention to such troubles except those which have found me.” This time she had even Chinami glancing askance at her.

“That’s a pity,” Nakajima replied. “Maybe you should start to show a bit more school spirit.”

Miyabi glanced at Chinami, who stared back a moment before shrugging with her eyes and turning away. Then suddenly, the girl’s temperament changed.

“Now you listen here,” she said, her ever-present smile only emphasizing her words in its contrast. “Don’t think I’ll just stand by while you tell another student of this school, and coincidentally my close friend, what to do.” Then she pulled out a lollipop from her jacket and began to lick at it, still staring hard at the two rivals. “Unless you’re lookin’ to start something here and now?”

The two Cutie girls looked between the two Berries before glancing at each other, though Murakami lowered her eyes quickly. Miyabi was amazed to see a lone wolf like Megu defer so easily to anyone, much less a junior, and decided that she’d have to look into what was going on down the street after all. She couldn’t have any potential upstarts begin hurting her business.

Then Murakami’s eyes came up, and they suddenly looked hard as stone. “You know as well as me this isn’t the place, Tokunaga. Though maybe we could arrange for something in the park later?”

“Maybe we should!” Chinami shot back, leaning forward and brandishing the lollipop like a weapon, but Miyabi threw out an arm to hold her back.

“Not now, Chii,” she said in a calming voice. Suddenly they heard a loud cheer come up from the crowd, and the PA announcer came through barely over the noise, “51-46 after a dunk by Kumai! I think we might be on our way to victory!” Within all the cheering a perhaps shriller chorus of boos echoed from the other side of the stands as well. The games between the two schools always brought out most of the two student bodies, especially since they were located so close together, and tonight was no different.

“Sounds like we’re gonna beat you tonight,” Miyabi said, a smirk forming on the corner of her lips.

“Don’t get overconfident,” Murakami replied, though she also glanced a bit nervously toward the court, where the Berries had just made another steal.

“So why exactly did you come down here anyway?” Miyabi asked as she peered suspiciously at the two again.

“Ouch, I’m hurt. Can’t friends just catch up with each other from time to time?” Murakami asked with a wicked grin.

Chinami laughed out loud. “Friends!” she burst out. “Last I saw you, Miya had left you under a bridge in the park all bruised and battered.”

Suddenly the other scowled, and took a challenging step toward Chinami before Nakajima reached out and grabbed her wrist, stopping the girl in her tracks. It certainly didn’t stop her scowl from deepening though.

“Natsuyaki’s right,” she said, eyeing both Berries warily. “This isn’t the place.” Then Miyabi noticed her eyes focus on Chinami a moment. She seemed to realize as Miyabi did too that eventually this confrontation would have to happen. She would have to help prepare her friend for it… somehow.

“As for why we came here, it was to let you know that things will be changing soon.” This time the first year looked back at Miyabi. “Yes. By next year things will certainly be changing.” And with that her lips turned up in a smile for the first time, and she broke out in quiet laughter that quickly became a bit wild. As she laughed, she pulled her older companion back the way they came, Murakami glaring daggers back at them for a few steps before finally turning away.

When they disappeared into the crowd again Miyabi did her best not to exhale too loudly. When she glanced at Chinami the other girl’s eyes were still focused where the others had disappeared, and though her smile was still there, it was very tight. After a moment she broke out of her spell and glanced to Miyabi.

“I want to kick her ass soon,” Chinami told her through her beaming smile. “I really, really want to…”

“You will,” Miyabi said absently, patting her friend’s shoulder as she stared off blankly into the crowd. Yes, she had some work to do. But since when would that be something new?

After a time a small cough brought them out of her personal reveries, and Miyabi glanced over to see another girl who had detached herself from the crowd and was looking their way. She wore her BeriKou seifuku very elegantly, without any extra accoutrements aside from a shiny chain necklace, and had long silky black hair braided close to the scalp at the top. She seemed familiar to Miyabi somehow, but she couldn’t think of why.

“Oi,” she called out to her. “Good girls shouldn’t come underneath the bleachers. It’s dirty here.” As if to emphasize her point a PET bottle fell from a bleacher just above the girl, but she cleanly just stepped aside to let it fall to the floor where it gave a small bounce before rolling to a rest. Miyabi squinted harder at the girl, and she felt Chinami do the same. “You’re a first year, aren’t you?”

“That’s right,” the girl said, calmly stepping closer. Miyabi stuck her hands in the pockets of her hoodie to glare as she closed in.

“How are your studies going so far?” Chinami asked, and Miyabi blinked at her smiling friend. Sometimes it was hard even for her to tell if the girl’s smile was as kind as it looked or hiding fangs that might be about to strike. That skill at deception was one of her strengths.

Kind it might have been, but the approaching girl stopped and glanced at Chinami with a look of innocent surprise from which she quickly recovered. “They are well,” she said in what sounded to Miyabi like an uppity voice. She was quickly starting to dislike this girl. “They’re hardly competitive at this school after all, are they not? Although the teachers do try hard.”

“Look, just scram, all right?” Miyabi said with a sour face. “We’re a bit busy here.” They needed to recount the haul they’d taken in over the course of the game, and discuss whether they might need to make any personnel management decisions.

However, Chinami gave her a level look, and she said no more, now pouting slightly as well. “Have you thought about being more active in the school and with your other classmates yet?” her friend asked warmly. Was Chinami actually trying to recruit her? Miyabi appraised the young girl again. She was certainly pretty. That was, if you could get past the annoying snobbishness. Some guys did like that sort of thing. In fact, you could always find a guy who was into pretty much anything… as long as a young teenaged girl was involved.

“I may be beginning to,” the other said, considering them thoughtfully. “I have been watching you tonight.”

“Have you now?” Miyabi asked, mocking her tone a bit, her voice dangerous. This time Chinami lifted a hand to make a calming gesture toward her.

“Excuse me,” the girl replied, bowing her head slightly. “I haven’t introduced myself. I’m Sugaya Risako.”

“I don’t care…” Miyabi felt like growling before punching the girl’s lights out, but she stayed quiet in consent to Chinami’s wish. If her associate wanted to use her, fine, she had her own girls. Miyabi Natsuyaki would just certainly not manage her.

“Nice to meet you,” Chinami replied with a smile of her own, though without a bow. At least she was firmly establishing who was in charge here. “I’m Chinami.” She gestured to Miyabi. “This is Miyabi.”

“I know who you are,” the girl said mildly. “Most of the school does, or at least those who would care about the things you do.”

Chinami glanced over to Miyabi with an “I told you so,” smile, but she wouldn’t give the girl the pleasure of agreement. “If you’re looking for work, we already have a full complement of girls,” she said instead, “But there’s always a chance we could find new clients.”

Sugaya’s lips puckered in distaste. “Work?” she asked as if it was an unfamiliar word. “Oh no, I don’t need that.”

“Then stop wasting our time,” Miyabi growled.

“I was actually thinking of taking a more active part in your gang.”

Miyabi found herself staring a moment before completely breaking out in laughter. “You?” she asked, almost hysterically. “Join us? That’s a hoot! I’ve barely known you five minutes and already I can’t stand you. What makes you think I’d even consider you as an associate?” This time even Chinami stared in disbelief at the younger girl. She may have been more reasonable to begin with, but a request like this was just absurd.

The other’s cheeks flushed though in what appeared to be a small amount of anger, and she said in a hard voice, “There’s just the two of you now, isn’t there? You were small to begin with, but after that girl transferred I imagine you’re severely limited with just the two of you. All a rival would have to do is split you down the middle. Am I wrong?”

The knowledge she displayed of Maiha transferring made Miyabi stop laughing, and instead she narrowed her eyes at the girl. However, the younger girl didn’t stop there as she appeared decide on something, and her eyes settled on Miyabi. “Natsuyaki Miyabi, daughter of Natsuyaki Satoichi of the Sumiyoshi-kai Yakuza, currently residing above a club in Azabu Juban with your mother and doing your best to make your own way apart from your parents’ legacy.”

Leaving a stunned Miyabi in front of her, she then turned to Chinami, who stared back at her with wide eyes, smile gone. “Tokunaga Chinami…” she began, gazing thoughtfully into her face. “Unremarkable background, your father a middle management salaryman, so I’m guessing you fell in with the wrong group by chance and now are trying to establish your independence and prove yourself to your more… legitimate friends and associates.” It looked like she wanted to say more, but instead closed her lips and left the effect on the two girls across from her.

However, Miyabi didn’t get to this point without being able to deal with a wide variety of surprises such as this, so she recovered quickly. “So you know who we are.” She appraised the girl again; her neat hair and smart uniform. “I’m guessing you didn’t learn all that by beating up informants on the street. Though you know, that is more the type of thing we tend to do.”

“I did mostly learn about it through my family connections,” the girl replied. “They could be helpful to you too, I would imagine.”

“You don’t expect me to believe you’re some secret Yakuza daughter, do you?” Miyabi shot back, with Chinami glancing at her again.

Sugaya giggled at that. “Oh no, of course not,” she replied. “My father is in real business.”

Miyabi glowered. “Tell us again why we’d care to have you around?”

“It’s just something I wanted to give you to think about,” she replied with a warm smile, looking between them. “Three can accomplish more than two, after all.” And with that, and what Miyabi thought was a bit of a lingering glance at Chinami, she turned and walked back into the crowd.

“You know,” Chinami said, staring after, “She might have a point.”

“Say any more and I’ll kill you myself right now,” Miyabi grumbled, and she noticed the crowd seemed to be getting louder. When she glanced up, she saw all the fans on their feet cheering wildly. “I take it the game’s almost over?”

The two girls walked just out of their space below the bleachers so they could actually see the game, and as she thought, there were only seconds left. BeriKou was even actually up by five.

“Five… four… three… two… one…!” the crowd shouted, and the ball flew as the final buzzer sounded to deafening cheers from above them, with almost equally loud boos on the other side.

“Wow, look at that,” Chinami mused beside her. “We actually won.”

As the stands began emptying out, two seniors kept their seats, their long legs stretched out onto the purposefully empty bleacher just below them. “I can’t believe they actually blew it!” the taller one said, pulling her thick trench coat around her and staring at the star member of the BeriKou team who was now being mobbed by other team members and fans.

“It’s just a regular season game,” the other replied, her eyes drifting lazily and seemingly aimlessly across the opposite bleachers as they emptied out below. “The tournament is what’s important.”

“Still, it’s the first time we’ve seen them lose any game, isn’t it?” the first mused. “Although,” she said, glancing with a grin over at her friend. “There’s always the finish to track season as well.”

“Right…” the other said distractedly, as her eyes rested on two girls just emerging from below the bleachers. They were obviously attempting to be discreet, and doing a fairly good job of it, but for those who were looking, they also stood out with decorated uniforms and the hoodie one was just now pulling up over her ponytailed hair.

“Hello~” her companion said, waving a hand in front of her face. “You spacing out already? We’ve still got a busy night tonight, though I’m not sure why you still try. We have a free pass to the college if we want it.”

“Studying is still important,” the other responded, knocking her hand away, though now focusing on other girls still in the stands including a shorter one with a black sash tied as the obi for her skirt. “You can’t get anywhere without knowledge, after all.”

“Yeah, like you need it,” the taller said. “Cmon,” she continued, offering a hand as she stood. “Let’s go. I think this place is gonna get unfriendly soon.” She eyed the crowd gathering on the court. “Or at least, for those of us who aren’t you and have nothing to worry about. Plus,” she continued with suddenly bright eyes, “I want some after-game cake! You know how competition makes me crave sweets…”

“Whatever you say,” came the response, and the girls quickly made their way from the bleachers, smiling and giggling.

It was only a regular season game, but still, the Cutie Gakuen track star who doubled as almost universally respected school leader left the gym with a sour feeling in her stomach. Everyone knew that despite her other significant skills she also had a gift of connection with fate and even fortune telling. The final buzzer had caused something to reverberate within her as if signaling an omen, though she didn’t yet know of what.

Only five months remained until graduation, and despite a fulfilling career something was still missing. The winds were changing, and she just hoped they didn’t bring a typhoon along with them.

#34 kolaiNik

kolaiNik

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:15 AM

Eh, that was a nice chapter, though i would love to see more chapter's like the third ( Yurina kumai <3 ) it was REALLY interesting, especially with the miya-chi gang :P and risako being a snob, ya know, you REALLY have a way with words Ro-Kun. ^.^

Once again, really enjoyable, cant wait for chapter 5 ^.^
熊井友里奈 私の愛

#35 kolaiNik

kolaiNik

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:15 AM

Eh, that was a nice chapter, though i would love to see more chapter's like the third ( Yurina kumai <3 ) it was REALLY interesting, especially with the miya-chi gang :P and risako being a snob, ya know, you REALLY have a way with words Ro-Kun. ^.^

Once again, really enjoyable, cant wait for chapter 5 ^.^
熊井友里奈 私の愛

#36 ℗ani©kof¶àίи

℗ani©kof¶àίи

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2564 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:44 AM

I haven't read this yet... So sorry! m(_ _)m
Been busy... haven't even started writing chapter 16 of HFC.. lol

Will read this someday. Promise, then will post a good comment. :D

#37 kolaiNik

kolaiNik

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:14 PM

BUMP!! Hey Ro-kun, when can we look forward to the next installment? im so excited i cant wait to read it!
熊井友里奈 私の愛

#38 Ro-kun

Ro-kun

永久に不滅

• Headquarters
  • 3453 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:22 PM

Hey! Sorry it took so long :) But I'm back~ Been randomly hiding away from forums lately lol. I think this is a bit of a shocking chapter ^^; for many reasons, but I hope you enjoy it :) panick, you better get on reading! *cracks the whip* :P and kolaiNik, lots of people seem to have enjoyed the Yurina chapter, so I think I'll have to do more of them as the story progresses :)

Chapter 5 – Fly High

Miyabi picked at a boxed meal she’d bought for dinner almost to the rhythm of the bass reverberating through the floor below her. It wasn’t too loud a couple floors up, but those low tones at least could certainly still be felt. The club always wound up the live music by ten or eleven though, causing it to die out to nothing more than a low hum, and even that vanished by one when it closed.

She sat at what was only a small card table in a cramped eat-in kitchen, faded paint peeling on the walls and tile covering the floor which had long lost the ability to boast its original color. Such structural issues notwithstanding since they couldn’t be helped, Miyabi did her best to keep the place at least clean and tidy since nobody else around here deigned to lift a hand.

The clock ticked past 8:30 as she stuffed a bit more rice in her mouth. She really enjoyed this solitude and semi-silence since it let her unwind a bit after being out for the evening. Sometimes she’d be out later, but mostly it was just for dinner and maybe going to an arcade or something afterward. When she eventually made it back to her house, it was a good way to try and wind down from the high of the dates or having fun with friends.

The silence was even more enjoyable since her younger brother was off who knew where and her mother was not yet back. Of course there was no guarantee she even would be back, though she usually dropped by to freshen up before hitting the clubs. There were many nights the both of them would be out, but there still weren’t too many chances for Miyabi to have the place, for what it was worth, to herself.

Tonight though, she felt rather restless for some reason. The news they heard at the game the other day had been troubling her, her somewhat surprising conversations with Kumai had been troubling her, and there was something more personal she couldn’t quite pinpoint, but that seemed to be somehow related to the other issues as well.

After polishing off the meal, though leaving some garnish, Miyabi stood up and without bothering to clean grabbed her jacket to head out for a walk. The autumn chill hit her right away after she found her way outside and down the rickety metal stairs at the side of the club, and she wondered if the changing weather was also something that’d been bothering her.

After a block or two she decided to walk down by the river, and so after passing through the station, she took the steps at the side of the road down to its concrete banks. She daydreamed a bit while walking and staring into the reflection of the city lights in the dark water, and although she was certainly not the only one walking through such a popular hangout area, when some rough-looking people took notice of her uniform they generally ignored her and went back to their business. If the uniform wasn’t enough for them, once they got close enough to recognize her personally, her nonchalant features certainly were.

She knew some of the boys and girls and sometimes older men, even ones she knew rather “intimately” – those ignored her the most studiously – yet even those she didn’t generally knew of her or at least her family. The girls she looked at most warily, since they were the most dangerous. Guys she’d learned quite well how to handle, but no one was more devious and two-faced than a yankii schoolgirl.

Eventually, while glancing up at the blinking lights of Tokyo Tower which, this close by, could be seen from almost anywhere, she realized she was about halfway to Shiba Park. Briefly debating over whether to head on over there and see if any good tousle was going on tonight, she was distracted by the aroma of a sweet smoke.

Noticing the entrance to a tunnel just ahead which passed under the freeway, she headed curiously toward it. Indeed, the smell was stronger as she got closer, and when she reached the entrance could see through the dark the pinpricks of embers at the ends of the wrapped joints several people seemed to be partaking of.

Conversation had quieted just before she reached the mouth, and when she stopped there a familiar somewhat scratchy voice called out, “Who’s there?”

“You’re not very stealthy, you know,” Miyabi said carelessly, brandishing a lighter from within her jacket. “If I was a cop you’d be gettin’ ready to spend your next year or two in prison.” She flicked the lighter on to illuminate hers as well as several other faces deeper in the tunnel before lighting a cigarette of her own at her lips.

As she expected, those in view were all girls.

“Miya!” Chinami said, flushed in the light, and suddenly broke into a cough. “You nearly gave me a heart attack…”

“Natsuyaki-san,” one of the others said nervously, and looked anxiously around at the others as if not knowing what she should do.

“Do you have the whole badminton club in here?” Miyabi asked.

Recovering from her cough, Chinami replied, “Um, just about. I think Mii-chan was busy with some—”

“Oh, please don’t tell anyone about this!” one of the others said, a bright-cheeked young girl who looked like about as innocent a first year as you could find. “If word got around that we were…”

“What?” Miyabi asked. “Smoking weed? Hanging out with a delinquent?” She grinned at the girl’s wide eyes. Then she sized up Chinami again, who was looking rather guilty herself. “How on earth were you able to find it anyway? I don’t know of anyone at BeriKou who sells the stuff.”

Suddenly Chinami brightened, and the guilty expression turned more into one of pride. “Students from the university,” she beamed. “One of them just graduated CTG last year, and was an acquaintance through the badminton club.”

“Chii was the one who approached them though,” one of the older girls said quickly, defensively. “We would have never known about it if not for her.”

Miyabi’s grin had disappeared, and instead her blank face turned deadly serious. “Cutie girls are dealing pot?” she stated in a flat voice.

“Well… not the schoolgirls,” one of the second-years said uncertainly. “She’s graduated.”

“Yes, but if one of them has found a connection already, it won’t be long before it reaches at least the third years too… if it hasn’t already.”

“But that’s all right, isn’t it?” Chinami asked, her smile only faded slightly. “After all, we don’t do anything like that. We don’t want to do anything like that!”

Carelessly, now completely devoid the desire, Miyabi dropped the cigarette she’d barely puffed and stamped it with her high heel. “Yeah,” she said, taking a moment to think. “We don’t.” Then she glanced at her friend again.

After the initial shock of the revelation about the source of their drug, Miyabi suddenly felt very impressed by Chinami. She was certainly a reliable friend and cohort… in her own way… but finding a connection with a dealer was something that Miyabi herself had hardly even imagined. Her father of course surely knew a bit of such trades, but it was the kind of information she would never be able to uncover herself through those avenues.

Well, this was certainly something to keep in mind, but perhaps they were right. It might still be a good while before schoolgirls managed to get their hands on the source. In any case, it wasn’t really the style of CTG’s current leaders. Of course it was only a few short months until graduation now… Megumi came into her thoughts, and that dangerous girl who’d been with her at the game, but she quickly squashed them.

“Don’t worry,” she said with a bit of a grin, turning back to the rest of the nervous girls. “You certainly don’t have anything to fear about being reported by me.” She could almost feel the relief throughout the dank space. Amateurs… she thought in slight annoyance. They have no idea what they might be getting themselves into.

She glanced back at Chinami, who was now smiling at her again. Despite her idiotically angelic appearance, she had an even stronger feeling now though that her friend did know.

“Um…” Chinami began, “Well, would you like to try it at least?” And she offered her wrap to Miyabi.

Miyabi finally smiled again. “I was wondering if you’d ask.” Before taking it though, she glanced back out toward the river. “Wouldn’t it be better to head a bit deeper into the tunnel? You never know who might pass by here, and I think there’s a subway grate about halfway down.”

“Oh,” the older girl said. Miyabi thought she might be the club’s captain. “That’s a good idea…”

A short while later Miyabi and Chinami were walking the opposite direction back toward her apartment, and they almost couldn’t stop giggling.

“I can see why you dropped out of the club,” Miyabi managed between giggles. “Those girls are just clueless!!”

“I know, right?” Chinami replied through giggles of her own, then suddenly stopped. “Hey!”

Miyabi laughed even harder.

Eventually they made it to the metal stairs leading up to Miyabi’s apartment, and as they were walking up with the music reverberating through the walls, Chinami suddenly stopped and started banging on them.

“Hey you idiots!!” she yelled, which barely outdid the clamor even out here. “People live here, y’know!!!” Then, giggling again, she ran up to grab onto Miyabi’s arm as they made the rest of their way to the door.

“Thanks for that,” Miyabi said dryly. “I’m sure they’ll shut up now ‘cause Chinami Tokunaga told ‘em off!”

Chinami had just opened her mouth to respond when the music actually did stop. The girls stood stock still as if waiting for it to resume, but when it didn’t after almost a minute, Chinami glanced wide-eyed at Miyabi. “You don’t think…?”

“Oh my god!” Miyabi replied after a short hesitation, and the girls recklessly scampered the rest of the way to the door and into the apartment after Miyabi unlocked it, before slamming the door behind them and leaning back against it, breathing heavily.

After a moment they looked at each other, and just held that glance before breaking out into even louder giggles.

“Tokunaga Power!!!” Chinami cried, and Miyabi could hardly regain her voice to disagree… even though she’d glanced at the clock and saw it was past ten, which was the normal time for the too-loud live music to end.

Obviously her brother and mother were still out, likely until into the morning hours by now, so Miyabi pulled her friend after her into her room. They threw aside their jackets and dropped down onto Miyabi’s futon, leaning back against the wall as if they couldn’t support themselves any longer.

“So that’s what it’s like to smoke pot, huh?” Chinami mused after a moment, her eyes half-closed.

“Mhm…” Miyabi replied, glancing sideways toward her. “So you’d never tried it before?”

“Well I never had the opportunity!” Chinami replied in exasperation. “That stuff isn’t easy to come by, after all!!” Then her eyes narrowed again, though this time not from sleep, as she glanced back at her friend. “You saying you have tried it before?”

Miyabi looked forward again, grimacing. She’d thought about it earlier in the evening too, but had been able to ignore the bad memories. “Yes,” she replied simply, and Chinami continued watching her but stayed quiet for the moment.

“No matter what I do, you’re always gonna’ve done more, aren’t you?” Chinami asked, although in less of a jealous tone and more of an awed one. “Whenever I think of it, it’s like, man, Miya’s lived some life…”

Miyabi’s eyes turned sharply on her. “It’s not a life to be envious of,” she told the girl harshly, and Chinami blinked.

Taken aback by her friend’s words, Chinami looked around the room idly. Miyabi had done her best to make the place look as great as possible, but there were still visible patches in the walls that had just been painted over. Some of the drywall also wasn’t completely straight, and there were spots in the corners which looked like part of it had broken apart somewhat. Of course this was also Miyabi’s room. Out in the rest of the house it was easy to tell the differences in effort.

However, in their current state, such serious thoughts quickly flew from their minds and soon the two girls were giggling together again talking about how dumb the boys at their school were.

“It was so awesome that you just kicked his ass, right there in the middle of the gym!!!” Chinami went on, laughing with glazed eyes while she hugged her knees up toward her chest. Her skirt fell down her thighs a bit, and for some reason Miyabi found herself staring at long slim legs that were tinted slightly brown, or at least a bit more than her own.

“Stupid kids,” she replied, her eyes wandering as in a bit of a daze herself. It’d been a long while since she was high, and though it brought back memories like when she’d snapped at her friend earlier, there were definitely enjoyable things about it too. The feeling of freedom, freedom from thought, freedom from inhibitions… It was a bit like being drunk, only without the stomachache that usually came afterward. She really wondered sometimes why it was illegal…

“Give me a nice, handsome, clean-shaven man dressed properly in a suit any day,” Chinami continued, still staring off into nothing. She seemed to be enjoying it as much as Miyabi, and in a way she envied her first time.

“I know that’s what you like,” Miyabi said, grinning, and leaned in toward her face with a sparkle in her eye, finally catching the older girl’s attention. “You like confident men, men who will take charge and tell you what to do and what they want.”

Chinami blinked at her and smiled nervously. “Well I don’t know if I’d really put it that way…”

“But it’s true, isn’t it?” Miyabi pressed, gripping the girl’s shoulders in her hands. “When you date them it’s all about feeling protected… taken care of. I guess they are taking care of you with their money, huh?”

“Well it’s only logical they get what they pay for, isn’t it?” Chinami asked, eyes wide.

“Should I pay you?” Miyabi asked, her grin widening, and Chinami’s brows furrowed in confusion.

“What are you talking about, Miya?”

Miyabi blinked, and her grin faded somewhat. What was she talking about? As she looked into her friend’s face, she realized ever since she’d come across the girls in the tunnel that she’d been getting more and more restless and riled up. That thing that was bothering her earlier, for some reason it seemed to be pulsing in her now. Pulsing as she held her friend in front of her.

Carefully, she lifted her leg over Chinami’s, her skirt brushing atop the other’s, and sat down almost in her lap, straddling her.

“Miya, what are you doing?” Chinami asked, trying to register the situation through her still rather glazed eyes.

“Experimenting,” Miyabi replied with a smile. “Haven’t you ever experimented with a friend before?”

“Experimenting… how?” Chinami asked, peering into her eyes. There was enough focus for Miyabi to tell that Chinami was fully alert to her actions.

In response, Miyabi leaned forward and pressed her lips against her friend’s. Chinami gurgled a bit, but Miyabi held the kiss a short while before pulling back. Chinami’s eyes were almost wide as saucers staring back at her.

“To be honest, I haven’t actually either. So Chinami, you’re always talking about how I’ve done so much more than you… which of course is not really true anyway… but how about both of us try something else out?”

“You… you kissed me,” Chinami said dreamily, and after a second she giggled.

Now it was Miyabi’s turn for surprise. “What? What is it?”

“Miyabi Natsuyaki kissed me,” Chinami replied through her soft giggles. “I feel like that makes me… special or something.”

With that, Miyabi narrowed her eyes. “Does it now?” she said flatly. “Well this should make you feel real special then.” And she moved her hand to the girl’s stomach and her untucked shirt to slip it beneath the waistline of her skirt.

“Miya,” Chinami breathed, and her eyes glazed over again, though this time because of what Miyabi was doing to her. Instead of resisting though, her arms slipped around Miyabi’s back to pull her closer. “Make love to me, Miya,” the girl whispered at her ear, and Miyabi’s thoughts skidded to a halt in surprise until Chinami’s lips met hers once again. After that, she had no thoughts for much anything for a good while.

It took a minute for her eyes to open to the early morning light seeping in between her window blinds, and when she did she immediately recognized the familiar sensation of not being alone beneath her sheets. Her cotton-filled brain scrambled almost in a panic to remember what happened, who might have taken her to his home this time, until she realized fully that she was in her own room in her own house.

That was funny. She didn’t usually come here, despite its convenience to the lounge. Then she remembered it had been quite a while since she would have had anyone to bring back anyway, and panicked again wondering if she got too drunk or high to control what she was doing. High…

As it slowly came back to her, her door swung open and her brother stepped in. “Miyabi,” he mumbled in his white t-shirt and cute little heart-covered boxers, apparently having just woken up himself, “Where did you put my toothbrush…?” But when his eyes drifted up to her, he just stared, if without much reaction.

Miyabi finally rolled her head to the side to see Chinami, her hair tousled and bare from shoulders down to where the sheet ended at mid-chest, and the rest of the night came back to her… if in somewhat of a smoky blur.

“Well,” her brother said, and after a moment again, “Well, I see you’re… um… busy...” Seeing as how he couldn’t seem to stop staring, Miyabi pulled the sheet up further to their necks, and was quickly developing an early morning glare. “I’ll just find another toothbrush…” And he turned and pulled the door shut behind him.

Miyabi lying stock still, Chinami rustled beside her as she woke as well. “Miya,” she began, and she saw the girl smile and reach over as if to hug her. She deftly evaded though and slipped out of the futon to pull on some underwear that would last until she would be able to bathe.

Chinami sat up, rubbing her eyes as the sheet fell down to her waist. Yep, she certainly was naked. “Was someone just in here?” she asked, yawning.

“I dunno,” Miyabi replied non-committally, pulling some pajama bottoms on. When she looked back, Chinami was peering curiously at her.

“We just slept together, didn’t we?” she asked, and Miyabi stared back before swallowing.

“Yep,” she replied simply.

Then Chinami flashed her trademark smile. “It was really fun,” she said warmly.

Miyabi stood up, not bothering with a top to go over the bra. “You know you’re my best friend, right?” she asked, capturing the girl’s eyes sharply with hers.

“I know,” Chinami replied quietly.

Miyabi’s eyes flickered to the clock. “I’m sorry we only have the one bathroom, and my stupid brother’s using it now, but he won’t be long. There’s plenty of time before school at least… if we’d care to be on time.”

“I think I feel like being on time today,” Chinami said, her face seeming brighter than usual behind the omnipresent smile. Miyabi looked on as she turned away to the edge of the bed and slowly rose herself, getting a view of the entire package. She really did admire the girl’s body, after fully noticing for the first time. And she really did have fun last night too. It was… different… than anything she’d experienced before. That restless urge within her seemed to be gone as well, or rather… satisfied. Then she wondered…

Had she unknowingly found the answer she’d been searching for?

#39 mmsuki

mmsuki

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 567 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:19 AM

this is the last thing i read before going to sleep last night.. :lol: i went to sleep with a smile because of it.. :P

I think this is a bit of a shocking chapter ^^;

nah... it didn't shock me at all.. :P i saw it coming.. XD at first i thought there was going to be a death in the chapter..
but as i read along... i 'smelled' it coming.. i don't know if i should be proud of that though.. ^^;

it was late at night..
there was no one home except for Miya..
then they got high
↑ its the perfect formula for something to happen.. plus considering Miya's character in the story.... it was definitely bound to happen.. :D

Had she unknowingly found the answer she’d been searching for?

:rolleyes: it looks like the experiment was a success.. Miya finally have a conclusive answer to all her questionings.. :P

makes me wonder though if this experiment would put a strain to their friendship... *sigh* what will happen now..
will Chii be a love sick puppy following Miya around, while she ignores her and pretend nothing happened.. :huh:
will Miya now have to courage to face the reality of what she truly is.... :S or continue living a lie... (or at least a few more chapters of living
a lie.. ^^; ) so many possibilities.. :S

Posted Image

#40 kolaiNik

kolaiNik

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:08 AM

Gao >.< nahhh that wasnt really that shocking. :P it WAS a good chapter, i didnt see it coming to start with, then as it progressed, i knew it had to happen... or did i hope O_o God Gammit Ro-kun, i swear your trying to turn me into a Miya Fan boy :P as if it isnt hard enough without miyachi love happening :P

But Deffinately more Yurina involvement would be awesome ^.^

Keep up the good work ne. i will continue to look forward to your story ^.^
熊井友里奈 私の愛

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users