Photo

The archives, by rokun (My One and Only - SayaIshi Graduation Special)

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#1 Ro-kun

Ro-kun

永久に不滅

• Headquarters
  • 3453 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:14 PM

Hello everyone. :) I thought I'd try posting this here since I've gotten to know many of you and I just started this new fic... inspired by the past weekend. If there's a good reception I'll maybe try posting some other stories here too. I hope you Enjoy! :)

Thread Contents

My One and Only (SayaIshi Graduation Special)

Tsuukai! Berryz Gakuen (begins below)

Berry Beautiful
Chapter 1

Sakura Chirari

The story below, for what it's worth, is dedicated to ChrNo, a beloved, talented and wonderful Miyabi and Berryz fan who has now left us. You inspired so many with your vision, and all I can do is try to help it continue.
(art by ChrNo)

NakedAnchor.png

Tsuukai! Berryz Gakuen

Prologue

“You really are beautiful, you know,” the man said as he looked into her eyes. His suit was only slightly disheveled due to the late hour, reflecting a concern and care for how he looked which the girl preferred in a date. It wouldn’t do after all for her to be seen walking around with some grungy loser with smudges on his collar or maybe a wrinkled shirt.

“Ah, Mister, you know you shouldn’t say such things!” she teased while pointing at him and twirling her finger around in small circles.

“I apologize,” he said with a grimace. “Just couldn’t help myself.” He glanced down at their empty plates and his face fell a little. “I guess we’re done here then, huh?”

The girl checked the time on her cell phone, a small plastic Mickey dangling off a strap. “There’s another five minutes or so, if you’d like Mister. You know, that’s just about enough time for dessert…” She glanced up dreamily, a slight grin forming at the corners of her lips.

“Waiter!” the man called immediately, and rather eagerly, raising a hand toward the direction of the kitchen.

The cake was delicious.

Ten minutes later, the man and girl stood out in the night. He adjusted his hair, and despite his general suavity glanced nervously down at the girl, who calmly adjusted the jacket over her fully untucked seifuku shirt before settling the strap of her bag against her shoulder.

After a moment the man calmed slightly before fishing out a few bills from his wallet. Pondering a moment while glancing at her, he added another to those in his fist. The girl’s eyes shined back at him. “Well I have to say, you’re well worth the rate,” he said in an appraising tone. “There’s a little extra in there for you, too.” And he handed the cash over to the girl, who counted it quickly with her eyes before making it disappear quickly into her jacket.

“You’re too kind, Mister,” she said in a warm voice. “It’s really you I have to thank for such an enjoyable night.”

She looked up into his eyes for a moment more, and could sense the wheels turning in his head. He was thinking about it – they all do – but the question was would he be brave enough to act? By now it was almost like a game to her.

“You have my number, right?” he asked, appearing even calmer now. “I would… like to see you again. The offer would be the same then too.” He considered her a second. “Maybe even a bit more.”

“Of course I do, Mister,” she said, flashing a broad smile at him.

“I-If I may I ask…” he began again, some of the nervousness suddenly returning and causing him to stutter. “May I… have one kiss?”

“Now Mister,” the girl said, grinning again and laying a finger lightly on his chest. The man stared down at it. “You know that’s against the rules. Although…” He looked eagerly back up to her. “You were very kind.” It truly wasn’t an ungenerous tip he’d given her – this one wasn’t too bad at all.

Standing on her tip-toes, she looked up into his face. He gulped, closed his eyes, and in a flash she pecked him lightly on the cheek. Not exactly where he was expecting, or perhaps hoping, but it would do. As she smiled and waved before turning away, she caught him raising a hand to his cheek.

“See ya, Mister,” she told him, and walked down the street. Yes, that would do. Such things were important for business after all – he’d now tell all his co-workers about Miyabi Natsuyaki, and somewhere in there a future client would surely be borne.

Lifting up her cell phone again, she cycled nimbly through her address book until she found the man’s number. Just as she had done many times before, when she pushed another button a confirmation popped up and she pressed yes to delete the number from her book, and once again to block it. Then she found another number and called it, humming to herself as she held the phone up to her ear.

“Chii?” she asked when the other end picked up. “Hey there!

“Yes, the date just finished. He actually gave me an extra five thousand!! I must be finally working my way into higher management,” she said with a giggle.

“Of course I won’t see him again. You know how I am with that. You should consider staying stricter to that too. I know how you get… Speaking of which, how about your night?

“No tip? The douchebag. At least he paid you in full. So whaddya think? Meet up in Shibuya after school tomorrow? Those boots at 109 have been calling my name since I saw them there the other day.

“Awesome! Well I’ll see you then, okay?”

And she clicked her phone shut, swapping it for a small wipe and tube of lipstick from her bag. After dabbing at her lips with the wipe, she gently donned a thin layer of the cherry. Sure she was going home now after the dinner “date”, but she had to look good all the time. Such was this small part of the life led by Miyabi Natsuyaki, second year high school student in the bountiful city of Tokyo.

#2 kagaki

kagaki

I love Captain too much...

• Senpai
  • 4781 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:03 PM

oh interesting :w00t:

83647689.jpg

Set created by reinalovesllamas~

Shimizu Saki and Okai Chisato

#3 mmsuki

mmsuki

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 567 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:32 PM

where should i comment? here or there? LOL.. anyway.. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU! <<the prude in me talking.. XD
well.. it is pretty interesting! Call girl Berryz?! x_x sadly such things exists in reality (not the Berryz but teens in general) enter such lifestyle just to support their luxuries they really can't afford.. :bad:
for now i am really excited about the pairings! :P (yes! i'm shallow like that.. hahahaha)

is this the story you mentioned where you got special plans for the C-ute members?.. ^^;

♫♪♫ A Rabid YajiSuzu Fangirl ♪♫♪

Posted Image
YTavie: xAPPLEcake ; siggie: CROWN.佐久alice

#4 pastil

pastil

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2156 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 11:29 PM

I'm usually a stalker... :ph34r: But you really caught my attention now, looking forward to read the next chapter. I'll make sure not to go back to the stalker mode lol. :P

#5 Ro-kun

Ro-kun

永久に不滅

• Headquarters
  • 3453 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 04:19 AM

Hey thanks for posting! :D Glad to see some of you from the girls' threads, and you better not go back to lurking pastil!!! lol.

mmsuki, feel free to post anywhere :D as long as you post!!

I didn't want to disrupt it at the beginning, but don't take what happened in this prologue as something that'll happen all the rest of the way through the fic. :lol: I just thought it'd be a bit of an amusing introduction to Miya's character...

Btw, if anyone went to Sakuracon, you might feel something familiar about this before too long...

#6 Ro-kun

Ro-kun

永久に不滅

• Headquarters
  • 3453 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:48 PM

Chapter 1: History & a Lesson

“Nacchan!” Miyabi heard coming from a voice that didn’t seem to exist. “Nacchan, wake up!!”

Miyabi murmured something unintelligible before realizing she was lying on something rather hard, and also in not the most comfortable position. In actuality, it was a position she was quite used to.

“Nacchan!” came the voice again, which she recognized to be Chinami’s.”Wake…!” But the girl cut off suddenly.

Groaning slightly, Miyabi sat up in her seat and stretched, smacking her lips a bit while brushing bright honey-colored threads of hair out of her face, her eyes blinking groggily at a form hovering above her. When it came into focus she finally recognized the features of Miki Fujimoto, her history sensei.

“Taking a nap are we, Miss Natsuyaki?” the woman said in a low, dangerous voice.

At first paying it no heed, Miyabi gazed blearily around to see her classmates all staring at her, some in amazement, some with condescending ‘I told you so’ looks, and others in fear of the impending confrontation.

“Only a little one,” Miyabi protested, finally looking up at her frowning sensei. She lifted her watch to check it. “Class has only been going on for like 20 minutes now, right? I haven’t had time for more.”

A hissing sound filled the room as many of the other students sucked in a collective breath.

“Well, Miss Sleepyhead,” sensei replied curtly, “Perhaps I won’t fail you for the day if you can tell me who the first of the great Ashikaga shoguns was?”

Miyabi stared blankly at the sensei before having her eyes caught by Chinami, who had glanced desperately in her book before looking up with bright eyes and mouthing syllables in her direction.

“Ta-ka…uji?” she eventually replied slowly, and not very convincingly.

Fujimoto-sensei stared at her a moment longer with arms folded beneath her breasts before spinning and heading back toward the front of the room. “Perhaps you won’t fail this day, Natsuyaki-chan,” she said sardonically. “However,” and she spun again upon reaching her desk, “Tokunaga-chan, you will.” Miyabi noticed her friend and cohort sink down into her chair. “It is cheating to give answers to other students.” An evil smile curled the sensei’s lips. “Somehow I doubt such a mark would hurt either of you more than you’ve already earned otherwise.”

Some of the other students stifled giggles at this, though at an all-encompassing glare from Miyabi most quieted. Except for a few boys in the corner, who didn’t even try to hide their laughter as they slapped each other on the shoulder playfully. Takeuchi and his so-called “gang” were perhaps the most annoying boys in the school, but the only harm they ever really did was try to look up some of the girls’ skirts.

However, they never touched Miyabi. She smoothed her long skirts as she tried to sit up more alertly in the chair. That was one of the reasons she liked to keep them long.

She glanced over at Chinami, who was still sulking in her seat. “Thanks for that,” she told the tanned girl. “But you didn’t need to. I could have handled old bat Fujimoto and the principal both if it came to it.”

“It’s just her eyes…” Chinami said, shaking her head aghast. “I’m all about egging on the teachers, but Miya, Fujimoto-sensei’s scary.”

“Well you just have to be scarier then,” Miyabi replied, gazing out from beneath her eyelashes at the sensei who had continued on again with the lesson.

She saw one or two of those boys still looking back at her, so she shot them a glare. Eyes widened and jaws dropped before they collected themselves and turned quickly back toward the front. Miyabi smiled in satisfaction, though the mere fact of her having to deal with them made her shiver.

“Kimoi!” she thought in disgust.

After class the students burst into the hallway, Miyabi as usual in the lead with Chinami right beside her. She had just remembered in horror that their next period was gym, before an abnormally tall girl from their class strode casually up to them. Some of the students behind gasped, and whispering broke out, but Miyabi stared back at their classmate nonplussed.

“You shouldn’t harass Fujimoto-sensei like that,” the girl said in a deep, slightly raspy tone. Despite her size she wore the seifuku expertly, her hair smooth and black and tied back into a long ponytail. Her appearance caused the boys they passed to stare and drop their books, and even many of the girls fluttered in awe. “Or any sensei for that matter. It disrupts the harmony of the classroom.”

“Harmony?” Chinami asked, eyes widening for a different reason before she fell into giggling.

Miyabi smirked. “I daren’t think it’s possible to harass Fujimoto-sama,” she replied, the appellation trailing venom in its wake. “Nothing disrupts her harmony, that’s for sure.” Then she adopted a thoughtful look. “You know, there could be a fun experiment…”

“Why do you insist on always pushing and pushing and then pushing some more?” the tall girl asked, unfazed herself.

Miyabi raised an eyebrow toward her. “Why are you following us to the gym? Aren’t you exempt from physical education due to your involvement in… what sport was it now?”

“Basketball,” Chinami chimed in helpfully, a smile beaming once again from her face.

“Ah yeah, that’s right,” Miyabi agreed. “So easy to forget such things.”

The face of the tall girl, one Yurina Kumai who was not just any basketball player but star of the varsity team and perhaps even of the whole school, darkened with every word Miyabi spoke, but it was someone comparatively tiny and pig-tailed bursting through them with books held tightly in her arms who broke the tension.

Miyabi at first thought some primary school girl had lost her way and might be soon to meet a very unlucky demise, but a second glance identified her seifuku as the same black-and-white as theirs and she realized she had actually seen the girl before, somewhere…

“Senpai…?” Chinami asked, and it clicked for Miyabi just as the girl whirled around to face them, pigtails flying, to stand with feet apart as if about to go to battle and her arms around the books as if she was trying to strangle them. Oddly, Miyabi noticed two pinky fingers stuck out straight from each fist.

The girl’s face glanced shyly up to Kumai’s before crinkled eyes fixed themselves on Miyabi, stopping her in her tracks. “Teasing others can be tolerated,” the girl almost squeaked out, “but NEVER dishonor Kumai-chan like that!”

“It’s really all right...” Kumai said, now looking uncomfortable as she scratched below her ear. “She’s free to have her own opinions about the…”

“It’s just not right!!” the girl chirped again, and then glanced around as if terrified at what she’d just said before yelping and dashing off down the hall ahead of them.

The three remaining girls stared after, stunned, as students flowed awkwardly around them. Almost each one gave an odd glance in their direction, although they tried to be subtle. Miyabi was used to such though, so recognized the expressions easily.

“Um,” Kumai said. “Well then…”

Other members of the team with similar heights came up behind her, laughing and urging her on with them. They ignored the two delinquents still standing to the side.

As she shuffled away awkwardly now herself, Kumai glanced back at them. “I never answered your question, did I?” she called back. “We’re off to run on the track!” And then they were already halfway down the hall.

With the star attraction gone, Miyabi noticed a group of girls who had apparently just been standing there watching suddenly start moving and brush past them down the hall as well, many shooting her dagger-like glares despite her reputation. After they passed they fell into hushed, girly conversation, some of which Miyabi managed to catch.

“Who was that little girl who stood up to Natsuyaki-san? Was she from the middle school?”

“No! She’s actually in third year just like us. I remember seeing her in some of my classes, but never knew her name since I don’t know if I’ve hardly ever seen her talk…”

“Tsugunaga Momoko!”

“Really? I heard that her papa…”

The rest of the conversation died out down the hallway in the shuffle of students between classes, most of them heading to the gym since it was time for the day’s physical education period.

“Those girls were senpai?” Miyabi asked, trying to keep a sneer from her face. “If I ever turn out like that Chinako, please gut me and make it quick.”

“Roger, Sukeban,” her friend said cheerily, and Miyabi groaned at her.

“I told you not to call me that anymore…” she said, taking the girl’s arm to drag her down the hall. “We’re hardly a gang now, after all.”

“There’s more than one of us still,” Chinami said brightly. “So that’s good enough for me! Being just the two of us isn’t that bad, is it?”

“I guess we do hold our own pretty well,” Miyabi replied, pondering sullenly as they walked, or rather marched, down the hall. At least it wasn’t a difficult march since whenever they were about to trample someone, the wise student jumped quickly out of their way. “You know, I might wanna skip P.E. today.”

“We can’t,” Chinami pointed out. “One more time and we can’t attend festival, remember?”

“Why would that be a bad thing again?” Miyabi brooded. “Oh, never mind. You’re right again as usual.”

The other’s face brightened at the compliment.

After having a whole aisle to themselves in the locker room to change, the two girls trotted out in sweats to see a flurry of activity already begun in the expansive facility. The gym was one of the largest in the area and the pride of the school, encompassing a center sports court with bleachers around it surrounded on either side by smaller courts, some with the basketball hoops lowered and some with nets strung for badminton or other activities.

Other multipurpose space surrounded the course, and along the border of the entire room ran a track. Miyabi noticed Kumai already running there surrounded by her teammates, some others jogging closely but not too closely behind in order to likely “keep an eye” on the stars.

As usual Chinami made a bee-line straight for the badminton court, disrupting the first-year class that was already using it. None complained at her arrival though, most bowing spontaneously and awkwardly at the well-known delinquent. Only one girl with full raven hair stood apart from the rest; she didn’t argue Chinami’s arrival either, but unlike the others stared almost regally when she appeared.

Miyabi shrugged and began stretching herself, watching everyone around her carefully. Like always no one dared come up to her, but she did catch a few boys and girls from the other side of the court she stood at giving her some glances and talking softly to each other. Again, nothing out of the ordinary.

She trotted to the outskirts of the grouping of students when her class – #3, 2nd year – was called over by Ishikawa-sensei, who today had decked herself out in gray sweats with pink edging. After doing roll-call, during which Miyabi nodded her name and the teacher glanced over at the badminton court upon calling Chinami’s, she informed them in that cutesy voice that the class activity today would be basketball.

Sighing in disappointment at an activity she did not want to do, especially with what happened along the way, without hesitation Miyabi walked away. She thought that maybe she’d hit the weight room again, and although that was on the other side of the building decided there was nothing better to do.

Along the way she passed by a few girls working on gymnastic equipment, each wearing tight tees and shorts, and Miyabi almost chuckled. You’d certainly never catch her alive in “clothing” like that. However, she found herself staring at the girls’ bodies as she adjusted her own baggy shirt and pants. There was something beautiful about their forms and the way they moved…

After a moment she realized that the girls, though pleasingly exerting themselves, were actually training only half-heartedly. They kept casting glances over to the mat spread out beside the equipment, and Miyabi continued walking until she got a better view of what they were looking at.

A single girl, rather small but stunning with dark brown hair tied back in a knot, twisted and occasionally tumbled in what Miyabi recognized from some corner of her mind as a floor routine. Her movements were graceful, and light reflected off a thin sheen of sweat that covered her body – most of it exposed since she also wore the tight tee and thigh-baring gym shorts. She also had the most perfect, rounded face with matted bangs falling just to her eyes…

After a moment, Miyabi realized she was actually blushing while staring at the girl, and snapped back straight again. She glared around her to make sure nobody saw, but the only ones close enough were the gymnasts. They were certainly focused on someone, but it was not her.

Refusing to look at the mat again, and now furious with herself, she stalked down a hall the short distance to the weight room and lay back on the bench. When she started the stimulating exertion of pumping iron, any such crazy thoughts from the gym left her head in her rhythm of movement.

After a moment she saw a group of boys draw nearby, but she continued on with the deep breathing and lifting as they talked quietly among themselves while darting glances her way. She thought she recognized them as from her year, though these were far from as annoying as the ones she’d had to glare at earlier in Fujimoto-sama’s classroom. A few of them might even be called cute.

As she knew they would, eventually one – the cutest even – broke apart from his peers and strode up to the side of her bench, his eyes on her the whole time. She pretended to ignore him, her eyes fixed on the ceiling as she drew labored breaths.

“Excuse me,” the boy said. “Miyabi-chan?”

Deciding to humor him, she lifted the barbell one last time before letting her hands guide it back to its rack. The boy even helped her as a spotter would, which almost made her chuckle.

“Yes?” she asked in a skeptical voice. “Um… Sakai-kun, right? What is it?”

A bit of nervousness seemed to strike the boy again, but he recovered quickly, his friends urging him on from a few steps away.

“I was just wondering…” he said, still politely, “Um, would you like to, you see, maybe hang out after school some day?”

Miyabi blinked. “With you?” she asked in disbelief.

“Yes,” he said, face equally blanked that the issue needed any clarification.

Miyabi stared at him a moment before suddenly bursting out laughing, and she sat up, taking a towel to wipe at her face.

The boy had frozen, still staring at her, and Miyabi saw redness coming into his cheeks. Surprisingly, she didn’t think it was from embarrassment. Maybe this Sakai was tougher than he looked. “You’re serious?” she asked, her laughter now having fallen into hoarse giggling.

“Yes I am!” he responded, and she could definitely sense the anger in his voice. “You think you’re so tough, so unlike a normal girl, that even though you’re beautiful you’re maybe going to end up old and alone, and someday miss what you could have easily had!!!”

Miyabi peered up at him, impressed at his tirade, and stood to look him in the eye. He was so close to the bench that it made him step back awkwardly, breaking the force of his attitude a bit.

“And what do you think I could have?” she asked quietly. “You?”

“Maybe,” he said, some of the anger fading now with the teenage hormones acting on him at her proximity. He glanced back at one of his friends, who nodded firmly. “Well since you like things tough I’ll give you a challenge,” he said, raising his chin in an attempt at pride.

Ah… Miyabi thought. Now they were getting to the heart of it. The boys obviously knew there was no hope in his initial proposal, so this had been the real plan all along. She couldn’t help but be a bit curious now what the boy had to say. If there was something that always piqued her interest, it was the idea of a challenge.

“So what challenge do you propose, then?” she asked amusedly.

He tilted his head toward the door. “There are boxing gloves and helmets in the equipment room next door. I hear you like to fight. How ‘bout we go out there and you show me what you got?”

This was becoming more amusing by the second. “What I got, huh?” she asked. “And what’s in it for me?”

“Reputation, I guess,” he said with a shrug. “That’s what you go for, isn’t it? Knocking a guy out in front of half the school would certainly improve your sukeban image.”

Miyabi’s amusement faded at what she thought the idiot might be implying, as if her image needed improvement. It wasn’t really a secret that her gang had been weakened yet again with Ishimura transferring to study abroad halfway through the school year. She had certainly not weakened though, and this boy seemed determined to learn that for himself.

“I can’t say it would suck,” she said offhandedly.

“But that won’t happen,” he said confidently, and she raised an eyebrow again. “And when it doesn’t, my reward will be that you go out on a date with me.” When the tips of her mouth curled as if to laugh out again, he continued quickly, “How ‘bout it? You accept the challenge or not?”

Stifling the laugh, she let her mouth fall into a wicked grin. Maybe she’d use a different tactic this time. She took a breath, and then gave an attempt at a sweet smile. “Always,” she replied calmly, and brushed past him toward the door. While passing his friends she winked at them, cracking up inside. “Oh,” she said when approaching the door as if just remembering something, and glanced back. “By the way, I don’t wear helmets.”

And she strode out of the room, beaming almost as widely as Chinami ever could.

#7 kagaki

kagaki

I love Captain too much...

• Senpai
  • 4781 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:41 PM

A challenge for Miyabi :ph34r:

83647689.jpg

Set created by reinalovesllamas~

Shimizu Saki and Okai Chisato

#8 mmsuki

mmsuki

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 567 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 12:23 AM

then i'll post here.. and occasionally there.. :P

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! OGs!! <3 Coach Ishikawa! but I am more than happy to see Miki! i miss her in fanfics.. :lol:
Miya is one tough cookie if she is not fazed by the likes of Miki.. lol but poor Chii.. XD
and other Berryz has made their appearance! :good:
Kuma-chan -the varsity star!
Momo -the stalker and defender of the varsity star.. (LOL! ^^; )
Captain -the awesomely graceful gymnast?! :D (right?)

i'm really excited about the whoopin' Miya is about to dish out on that guy!! :w00t:

Posted Image

#9 Glasseyelashes

Glasseyelashes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 10775 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:32 PM

WOW!! i love this story so far! so well written! i generally don't read stories involving the other h!p girls. ( i likes mah aichan and risa <3 ) but this is seriously good! i can't wait to see how this fight goes down with her classmate. and the mystery girl she was watching, i hope there's more to come from that.

#10 Ro-kun

Ro-kun

永久に不滅

• Headquarters
  • 3453 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:47 PM

^ Hey, glad to see you Glasseyelashes! :D Thanks for reading, and I'm glad I was able to entice you to a Berryz fic! XD

Chapter 2: Waterlogged

“She’s really not gonna wear a helmet,” the girl in question heard Sakai Taro say as she walked up the hall from the locker room to the mat beside the gymnastics equipment, adjusting her gloves along the way.

The boy’s friends crowded around him as they all stared at her, and she smirked at the helmet still seated atop Sakai’s head. “Why’d you suddenly have to run to the toilet then, eh?” one of the friends called out. “If you’re that scared of getting beat up you can forfeit now you know and just go on the date with Taro. You could do worse, anyway.” His eyes narrowed at her in distaste. “Much worse.”

She ignored them and glanced around. A couple girls were still on the equipment, but now they were watching the new scene unfolding on the mat. The dancing girl from before was gone, but the thought quickly left Miyabi’s mind as she approached the others.

“Well a girl’s gotta look pretty when she’s about to break some teeth,” she said, smiling with cherry red lips framed by her finely brushed honey locks. Her whole appearance stood out brightly in contrast with the nearest girls – those on the gymnastics props – whose black hair was tightly tied back around largely makeup-less faces. Miyabi supposed it made sense. They were doing hard work, and it would just get smudged. She herself had left the hard work behind in the weight room.

After she stepped on the mat, raising an eyebrow at the boys, they quickly whispered to themselves before Sakai appeared to win a short argument and tore off the helmet to hand to one of them. Then he stepped out onto the mat himself, his hands at his sides as he glanced uncertainly at her.

The girls nearby seemed to have forgotten what they were doing as they realized what was going on, and now either just sat on the equipment or leaned against it. Anyone else was still too far away to notice, though there were some runners starting to appear around a corner of the track, which ran within a few meters of the mat.

“Masa’s right,” the boy said, holding position a couple meters away. “We don’t have to do this.”

“Oh?” Miyabi asked. “You forfeit the challenge?”

Sakai’s eyes flashed. “No!” he replied. “Of course not.” Right well he shouldn’t, she thought. Giving a challenge like this away would be even worse than losing it. “I just…”

He paused as the runners came closer, and Miyabi noticed Kumai in the middle of the pack. The athlete also noticed them, and upon taking in what was going on slowed down. This of course caused the others with her to slow too, as well as those trailing behind. Suddenly they had a larger audience.

Sakai glanced at them with wide eyes before shifting his eyes between his friends and Miyabi, who was tapping her gloves together. “I mean,” he continued hesitantly, “I just don’t feel right about hitting a girl…”

“Well you better get over that feeling quickly,” Miyabi said as she advanced toward him, and before he could react she swung a glove at his face, causing him to topple backward.

There was a collective gasp around them as he staggered back, holding a glove up to a suddenly bleeding nose. Once recovering himself, he stared back at Miyabi over the glove in disbelief. Miyabi held ready in an aggressive stance, one foot in front of the other with gloves raised. The next moment she lunged again, though this time he dodged it, shuffling quickly to the side.

“You better fight, man,” the boy called Masa warned, his face now set. “I think she’s serious.”

“You’ve heard the stories!” another chimed in.

Sakai nodded to them, now warily circling her. “All right, I get it.” And then to her, “I won’t hold back, y’know.”

“I’m counting on it,” she replied dangerously, and thrust forward again.

This time though he parried her blow and undercut with his other glove, catching her in the stomach. She felt the air leave her lungs as she stumbled back a step to recover herself as quickly as possible. The onlookers gasped again, though louder this time since it was a girl who’d been hit.

Sakai had an almost apologetic look on his face and he lowered his hands slightly. The boy must have thought her weak and unable to stand up to a blow, but to Miyabi who was now in fighting mode, all it expressed to her was a weakness in her opponent. She darted forward in three quick strikes to head, shoulder and abdomen before he recovered, and unsteadily once again.

His next attacks whiffed as she slid to the right, and hers did the same. However, as they continued to trade blows, many more of hers connected as with her quickness she was able to deftly evade the majority of his increasingly strong thrusts. He was obviously no longer treating the fight with her lightly, but the physical toll on him rose quickly until a short time later he had trouble remaining erect while she still nimbly danced on the balls of her feet.

“Dude, hit her!” one of the other boys said. “I don’t think you’re gonna last much longer!”

“I’m trying to,” he growled back in a breathy voice. “Don’t you see I’m trying to!” Another swing and a miss, followed luckily by a near-miss by Miyabi as well. It was close though, and they both knew if he tired much more swipes like that would hit every time.

As for Miyabi, she was lost in the fight. It was no longer a school quarrel over a date, but a street fight she could not afford to lose. It wasn’t that she particularly got off on the violence, although it did give somewhat of a sense of satisfaction to knock someone to the ground, but it was a method of survival, of setting a claim to what she was due.

Time for play was over. The prey was weakened; time to go in for the kill. She drew back in a feint, shifting her weight to the right as if covering fatigue. Sakai bit, diving in aggressively. Deftly once again she spun around his advance, along the way jabbing low across her stomach against his side at the soft tissue just behind the ribs. Then as she maneuvered behind him she cracked her elbow back against the base of his skull. Knocked off his feet, he flew forward, sprawling to fall hard at the side of the mat.

While he moaned in pain at the hard strikes, she trotted up to kneel down, a knee against the small of his back. Leaning in, she rasped in a low voice, “Guess the only date you’ll have again tonight is with your right hand.”

Using his back as leverage and eliciting another groan, she pushed herself up and slipped off her gloves. Brushing at the hair beside her face with a hand, she commented, “Damn, I broke a sweat. Guess I’ll actually have to shower after class this time,” and turned away from her downed opponent.

Then she froze.

Kumai was still there, just off the track with her group of followers and a frown on her face, and so were the gymnasts. However, many others had apparently joined over the course of the fight as well, and she imagined half the gym must have turned out. She even saw Ishikawa-sensei, hands at her hips to the side of half of her class, the other half of which appeared to remain back at the court shooting hoops.

Another group included girls she knew as senpai, and some of them she recognized from martial arts clubs. Out of the corner of her eye she caught someone else with a towel over her shoulder walking up to them, and Miyabi recognized her as the girl dancing on the mat earlier. Her hair was now free and straight back as if just washed, and her face glistened above the white judo uniform she now wore tied neatly with a black silk belt at the waist.

The girl smiled as she greeted the others, who quickly filled her in on the spectacle. She glanced once or twice with mild curiosity in Miyabi’s direction, and despite herself Miyabi felt a light blush before looking away. Sakai was still on the ground, and had quickly been attended to by his friends who knelt and chattered above him.

Stifling a giggle, Miyabi shrugged and stepped off the mat toward the courts. She kept her eyes resolutely forward while passing through her classmates, who Ishikawa-sensei quickly herded back to the courts.

Eventually she located the badminton practice Chinami had invaded, and as expected Chinami herself was still involved in a match with one of the poor first years.

“Hey Chii!” she called out in between points, and the girl turned her way to beam a smile at her. “I’m gonna go hit the bath, okay? I’ll meet you in the hall whenever you’re done.”

“All right!” Chinami called back before readying another serve.

Miyabi spun, smiling to herself as well, to come face-to-face with Ishikawa-sensei. The surprise actually kept her off-balance a moment, and her smile didn’t flash as smoothly as usual… nor her thoughts.

“Ishikawa-sensei,” she said dumbly, “Can… I help you with something?”

“‘Can I help you with something,’” the teacher repeated chidingly, and Miyabi’s smile faded slightly. “While students are relatively free to pursue what activities they like during this period, you certainly do push it to the limit.”

“Lifting weights and kick-boxing practice are two officially sanctioned activities, you know,” Miyabi replied sarcastically.

“I hardly think that was simple ‘kick-boxing practice,” the teacher replied dryly.

“Well hey,” Miyabi said, tiring quickly of this exchange. “At least I look pretty doing it, right? Isn’t that your motto for us girls? ‘Whatever you do, do it cutely!’” she mocked, giving a little fist pump at the end in imitation of the teacher.

“I’m impressed you actually listened to something I told you,” Ishikawa-sensei replied with a grin. “You know you could actually put some of those physical talents of yours to good use in a variety of ways.”

“Oh?” Miyabi asked, raising an eyebrow. “I wouldn’t call them ‘talents’. I’ve just been fortunate to have plenty of experience in… certain things,” she said with a wink, then stepped forward to actually lay a finger on the sensei’s collarbone. “You really must be so proud to have me as a student,” she whispered just in front of her face before brushing past her shoulder and leaving the stunned teacher rooted to the spot.

The little exchange had apparently caught the attention of many of the first years who weren’t currently engaged in a badminton match, as well as some from her own class in the next court over. They stared after her as she headed for the locker room, some in amazement, some in disgust over how she appeared to be treating a teacher. For Ishikawa-sensei’s part, she had flushed slightly before turning back to her class, and marched over to them. A blow on her whistle jump-started their focus back onto their basketball drills.

When Miyabi reached the dressing room there were only a few others there, mainly athletes who had already completed the workout they came here for. Physical education was required all three years here, but those in good standing with an athletic club were exempt after the first since it was felt they already had a sufficient dedication to fitness.

Miyabi pondered while tugging off her clothes to toss in the basket. She had joined Chinami in pledging toward the badminton club during their first year, but as their other “extracurricular” activities increased and began to interfere with legitimate school life, they never graduated into full members of the club as most students did upon completing the year. Chinami had been saddened at the loss, but still managed to participate in the sport as she was doing right now back in the gym. It had really made no difference to Miyabi. She had no preference herself really and had just gone after badminton since it was Chii’s thing.

After dropping her underwear in the basket, she grabbed a towel while smiling at the others in the room who carefully did not look her direction. The bathing room was empty, as usual with no class being held at the pool, and she showered herself off before sinking into the small but hot bath with a long sigh.

Baths were a weakness of hers, with the caress of the steam cascading around her and drawing the sweat from her body, soon to be doused in the reinvigorating water which began the cycle anew as it heated to evaporation. It was one of the few things which could completely calm her, and nearly even put her at ease.

It might appear in contrast with her image, but most people tended to avoid the area when she was there, soaking in her nirvana of billowing haze. She needed it too. Beating up – what was his name again? – that guy had left her feeling rather soiled. She’d seen elementary school kids in the street put up a better fight than he had.

She hadn’t been in there a few minutes before the door slid open, and she gazed out through slitted eyes at a tall girl stepping carefully in. The newcomer glanced at her before sitting down to the shower. Miyabi was surprised that anyone cared to bother her in here, although if it was anyone, Yurina Kumai would certainly have the ability for such carelessness.

She let her eyes fall completely closed as the shower water ran, but after it stopped peeked again to see the girl stand up, her long hair now hanging heavy and sticking to her body. She’d never seen the athlete in the bath before, but her figure fit her size perfectly. It was an hourglass form, her abs tight below a well-rounded chest and her thighs thick with muscle. Almost like a work of art… she wondered idly, still drunk on the heat and steam.

The girl entered the bath across from her, and when she sat down peered over at Miyabi quietly. Miyabi could tell there was a lot hidden in those eyes, but she didn’t seem to know how to express it in words.

“Y’know there are very few people I’ve shared this bath with,” Miyabi commented finally, drawling slightly in her languor.

Kumai shrugged. “I felt icky from all that running,” she said offhandedly. “Besides, I thought you might be lonely.”

Miyabi almost barked a laugh at that. “Lonely?” she repeated sarcastically. “You do realize I tend to like to keep it that way, right?”

“Do you?” the girl said, and her round eyes peering into Miyabi’s own began to make her a bit self-conscious. Silence stretched out a moment before the girl continued tentatively, “I suppose… there was some specific reason you felt the need to treat Sakai-kun as a personal ragdoll.”

“He challenged me,” Miyabi said simply, rolling her eyes back as she brought her legs up to fold in front of her beneath the water.

“I see,” the girl replied. Miyabi was starting to get annoyed with her short responses. “So you feel weak enough now that you feel the need to pulverize random kids?”

Miyabi dropped her legs and almost lunged at the girl, but relaxed again quickly. It would be unsightly for her to get into a fight in the bath. Plus it would spoil one of her few refuges. Certainly it had nothing to do with the fact that this girl was almost twice her size. When she didn’t say anything, Kumai went on.

“I don’t know what you’re trying to prove,” she said honestly. Miyabi narrowed her eyes again. “He knows you’re tough. I know you’re tough. I think everybody in our class… probably almost everyone in the school knows. If you still have something to prove, I don’t think that’s the way to do it.”

Miyabi stared at her. Since they began at this high school together she’d hardly seen the girl say two full sentences to anyone, much less her, and to hear her talk this much now seemed to reflect thoughts going through her mind for a good while.

“What do you care?” she responded defensively, sinking further into the water to immerse the tip of her chin. “I think your reputation’s safe enough you don’t need to try and save the undesirables in this school.”

Kumai stared calmly a few seconds before shrugging and looking away. “I don’t know. I watch people. I may not say too much, but I notice things. Somehow you seem like you could almost be a sister to me.”

Miyabi stared again, and then really did laugh out. “Are you kidding!!” she exclaimed. “We are so not alike… I can’t even begin to describe the ways. I shouldn’t need to!!” When the girl only blinked calmly at her, she continued, “Tell me, in what way do you think we’re similar?”

The girl stared at her a long moment this time until Miyabi began to actually feel a bit creeped out, until finally the athlete said softly, “You call yourself undesirable, but I think you and I both know that’s not true or else you wouldn’t work so hard at it. Well, I’m sure there’s a special reason you felt the need to remind yourself how tough you are out there.” And then she suddenly rose from the bath, water cascading down her long form and dripping off of her, and she loped over to carefully grab her things and head back to the dressing room.

As the steam began curling once again around her, Miyabi kept very still, only bobbing slightly with the water stirred up by the other’s departure. Her eyes were fixed on the door, but her mind was a mist to match her surroundings.

The girl was an idiot. She was just showing she won’t back down from a challenge, that’s all. Then again, was that really it? Until that point she actually hadn’t minded the boy, even if she’d never thought…

Why hadn’t she agreed to date him? Was her judgment clouded completely now by the men she hung out with during those long evenings? Or did she just really like being alone?

They just weren’t up to her standards, she told herself. Well then who would be? He had really been cute enough…

“No,” she said out loud into the room, and the word reflected hollowly off the walls. Listen to yourself. You’re beginning to get philosophical! She had half a mind to run out into the gym right now, naked, and have Chii whack her on the head with a badminton racket.

“Damn, I need to get laid…” she murmured out loud once again, though quietly, and pulled herself out of the bath. She loved it, but she’d already been in there so long her fingers were starting to get crinkly.

#11 kolaiNik

kolaiNik

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 05:08 PM

Ahhhh, This is such a good fan-fic,

Please continue to do your best.

:D <3 kumai-chan <3
Life is a game, Keep playing till you get game over
熊井友里奈 私の愛

#12 Glasseyelashes

Glasseyelashes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 10775 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:30 PM

another awesome chapter! i love how smartly this is written. i'm glad she beat the crap outta that guy. boys can be SUCH a nuisance sometimes! :P

#13 mmsuki

mmsuki

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 567 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:01 AM

^ you should REALLY read his other stories!! :D its epic both in length and in plot!! :omg:

Circle of Three is.. just... <3 <3 i think i am on a 3rd or 4th time reading it.. :D plus.. Ai-chan is major character in that story.. :P you get Morning Musume members, Berryz and C-ute! so YEY!

great chapter! can't wait to read for more! ^_^ <3 (i made a more sensible comment over at jphip.. :P )

Posted Image

#14 Glasseyelashes

Glasseyelashes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 10775 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:34 AM

^ awesome! i can't wait to read it!

#15 Ro-kun

Ro-kun

永久に不滅

• Headquarters
  • 3453 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 01:27 PM

Hey thanks for all the compliments guys :blush: I'm really glad you're enjoying the writing!! I didn't think I'd even see praise for my other fics here lol. If you decide to check CoT out, Glasseyelashes, I hope you enjoy it!!! :D

And kolaiNik, you're a Kuma-chan fan? You should like the next chapter even more then! :D

#16 kolaiNik

kolaiNik

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 03:53 PM

I will look forward to it then

^.^ doomo arigatou Ro-kun ^.^
熊井友里奈 私の愛

#17 Glasseyelashes

Glasseyelashes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 10775 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 03:26 AM

^
^ oh, i checked it out, and i LOVE it! i get such a harry potter feel from it. last night i actually figured out the plot and ending, at least in the direction i thought the story may go anyway. i stayed awake in bed for like 30 minutes thinking about the story. (i had to be up at the butt crack of 4:30am too! XD )

#18 mmsuki

mmsuki

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 567 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:24 AM

^you think you have it figured out.. but rokun-san actually got a few major big curve ball up his sleeve.. :lol: especially nearing the end.. its just.. aksjdkasjdxcnsgjurllawuhf;kljkasdjh!! if you know what i'm saying.. (which i very much doubt).. ^^; his fic was a mind 'exercise' which i very much enjoy.. :D i didn't stayed awake after reading it because i was tired from the marathon of a read.. but i did dream about it a couple of times.. :P and oh,oh,oh! there is a sequel!!!!! :w00t: ;) *coughupdatethatonesooncough* :P

@Rokun-san its because i didn't comment on it even after reading it.. :whistle: so the least i can do is tell other people how awesome it is.. :D
sorry for going off topic.. XD

Posted Image

#19 pastil

pastil

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2156 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:46 PM

Just finished reading chapters 1&2~ Damn I love the way you write! Really tests my English skills, I think I need to brush up on them a bit lol.

A single girl, rather small but stunning with dark brown hair tied back in a knot, twisted and occasionally tumbled in what Miyabi recognized from some corner of her mind as a floor routine. Her movements were graceful, and light reflected off a thin sheen of sweat that covered her body – most of it exposed since she also wore the tight tee and thigh-baring gym shorts. She also had the most perfect, rounded face with matted bangs falling just to her eyes…

Could it be... :w00t: <3

She had half a mind to run out into the gym right now, naked, and have Chii whack her on the head with a badminton racket.

*imagination running wild*

Can't wait for the next chapter! ^^;

#20 kolaiNik

kolaiNik

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:56 PM

Hey Ro-kun!!! how long do you think it will be before the next chapter. im REALLY looking forward to it. ive been checking this topic EVERYDAY hoping it would be up :P
熊井友里奈 私の愛

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users