• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#61 Ahiko

Ahiko

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 4274 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

Mariko, Yuko and Sasshi are my Favorites! Don't like the word Oshimen it's just strange.......i didn't liked AKB for some stupid reasons but fall in love with them since i discovered Sasshi with her Debut Single....haha

#62 msmairtan

msmairtan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 803 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

My Oshi is Miichan<33
It will always be Miichan~

#63 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:59 PM

I never understood the whole 'oshi' thing until I got my own <3
I still love lots of other girls which is why I'm MD. Oh and I have oshi's for different groups. (Like ske/nmb etc)
I'm currently worried I might accidently oshihen in nmb48 D: Nana is someone I've followed for years but kimoshita's so cool ;-;

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#64 Halcyon

Halcyon

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 254 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 02:42 AM

I never understood the word 'oshimen' when I first entered the 48 fandom; I just thought the meaning was equivalent to favorite member/ultimate bias or something, it wasn't until I started breaking into SKE that I started getting an idea of what the word meant.

First members I loved were Rena and Kumi I'm not saying I don't love them now they're still at the top of my ranking, Rena especially. So for a good while, I thought she was my oshimen but I never really put it out into words or anything like that so I figured, if I'm not comfortable admitting it then it wasn't true. It wasn't until around I saw photos of SKE's Nijigen Doukoukai, particularly this one that I grew interest in a member should be pretty obvious who it was.

It was just interest in the beginning but after scouring for more information about Nishishi and watching her in prfms, shows and MCs also for another more personal reason but let's not get into that; I guess my love for her started growing . Everything, absolutely everything,about Nishishi I love; even that sort of annoying cutesy voices she makes that I used to cringe at--now I kinda of like. /o/

I realized what oshimen really meant, member you support the most, it really does means you love and support them, that everything they do and want to do; you want to keep cheering them on, their triumphs and missed chances are really taken to heart as if you were actually right by their side. You support them by giving them your love like ripping my heart out of my chest love and even if they graduate and such, you want to keep following them and supporting them, hoping they achieve their dream.

Blegh I wrote too much...

#65 HappySensation

HappySensation

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 700 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:37 PM

Shiori Kaneko is my oshi out of all the 48 groups, but she's closely followed by Akicha. Kin-chan just stands out to me everywhere, she's so weird and cute and feels totally "unique" to me. I'm always on the lookout for her :wub: Akicha, well, makes me happy just to look at her. She became my fav AKB through Kimi no koto ga suki dakara, with her bright smile and attitude. She's wonderful, but doesnt come quite as close to Shori :lol:

COUNTRY GIRLS ~ ANGERME

#66 TheFicusWithSuperPowers

TheFicusWithSuperPowers

long may she reign

• Senpai
  • 3960 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:05 PM

My oshimen is Atsuko, Sasshi, Takamina and Tomochin!
But I also love Fujie Reina, Miyazawa Sae, Akimoto Sayaka.

iheartsaechanwithtext_zpsa8d1a9eb.jpg

cr: byutaereina and renaismile thank you, both of u.

Graphics thread. Tumblr. Twitter Fanfiction Goodreads

#67 Lacyrains

Lacyrains

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 556 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 03:44 AM

Well my Oshi is Oshima Yuko. She never fails to make me smile.

I also have great interest in Paruru who i will probably oshi once Yuko graduates.
Milky is rising star for me also she is just so damn cute.

#68 dev-null

dev-null

#1 Kinoshita Haruna Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:06 AM

My oshimen is Atsuko, Sasshi, Takamina and Tomochin!
But I also love Fujie Reina, Miyazawa Sae, Akimoto Sayaka.

While it's a borderline case when you have a oshimen per 48 group (e.g. one per AKB, SKE, NMB and HKT) you definitely can have only one oshimen per group :) What you have is a selection of favorites. :D

signature3.png

#69 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:19 PM

lol .. i never post here before ...
just really bored ... :P

not really .. you can have many many oshimen in the same group .. as long as you stay true to them ..
meaning you are not suppose to keep changing the list ..a selection of favorites allows you to keep changing ...

if you watch some shows .. some japanese may answer to "who is your oshimen in AKB48" .. quite a lot of time .. you may get XXX to XXX which is XXX and XXX

there are also a show that they said it is ok to add more oshimen but it is not ok to oshihen ..
(that is the theory I live by .. i have never oshihen)
but of course..there are people who oshihen and its fine .. because it is just a case of different fandom opinion ..

the idea of 1 oshimen .. is call tan-oshi .. which you declare you only got 1 or single oshimen ..
meaning unless you call her tan-oshi .. you got other oshimen ...lol

and also .. within a list of oshimen .. you can have 1 who is the most important .. the one that overrides all ...
this is helpful when you got to make a decision on just 1 ...like senbatsu election ..
its call Kami-oshi .. which is god level oshimen ..lol

So when you tell a japanese your oshimen is XXX .. they sometimes will ask you tan-oshi? ..
to confirm if you got 1 or more oshimens ...

but if you got a few oshimen but you just say your most important one .. you can just reply kami-oshi .. :)

and my kami-oshi is Maeda Ami (Aamin) .. and thats a understatement ...
because she cover my whole idol world ...not just the 48 ...

then there is kami-tan-oshi .. which means single god level oshimen ..to show that you are hardcore on that 1 idol ..
this word has been printed on the cards for each member that was given in 2011 senbatsu election magazine..but you are given just 1 sticker verification sticker "the mark of aki-P approval" ..lol sound so gaming .. :P

I always wear the Aamin card with the sticker when I handshake Aamin ..so she know I am freaking hardcore over her .. :P

anyway ..here come the strange and weird part ...
oshimen all are suppose to be no.1 .. there are no no.2 or 3 or 4...

you are suppose to tell the idol .. you are my oshimen ..
but please don't tell them you are my no. 2 .. lol

all oshimen is your no.1 ..
seem strange ...like you are cheating on them .. and it seem illogical ...

but one got to understand ... for idols .. fandom is never logical ..and love is not something you can rank ... :)

anyway this is all i learn in 1 and a half years of following 48 ...and I am still learning .. :)

#70 k♥chan

k♥chan

Matsui Rena ✰superfan✰

• Senpai
  • 2984 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:01 PM

My previous oshimen was Acchan because I fell in love with the 48 family because of her and she was the first AKB48 member I ever saw.
But now my AKB48 oshi is Watanabe Mayu and my SKE48 oshi is Matsui Rena. I also like Mariko, Yukopon, Acchan and Tomochin alot now because of Majisuka Gakuen.
Sasshi is also one of my favorite because of Soredemo Suki da yo but she's not my oshimen.

Posted Image

Matsui Rena & Suzuki Kanon super fan//tumblr//ameblo//

icon & siggie by me// graphics

#71 melonpan♪

melonpan♪

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2756 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:20 AM

My SKE and overall most loved oshimen is <3 Kanon Kimoto <3 god i love this girl, she's like my own personal mini mayuyu!
i also like Matsui Jurina, and Kumi Yagami

im pretty new to the AKB world so dont be surprised if i come back here in a few months with more Oishimen ;) hehe

#72 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:35 AM

lol .. my very long list

AKB48
Oshimen : Maeda Ami, Nakaya Sayaka, Takeuchi Miyu, Kato Rena
Fav/like: Nakatsuka Tomomi, Umeda Ayaka, Nakagawa Haruka, Katayama Haruka, Shimazaki Haruka, (pretty much rest of Team 4)
KKS : Oshima Ryoka

SKE48
Oshimen : Yagami Kumi, Kato Rumi, Matsumoto Rina, Kaneko Shiori
Fav/like: Takayanagi Akane, Ogiso Shiori, Furukawa Airi, (pretty much rest of Team KII)
KKS: Yamada Mizuho

NMB48
Oshimen : Kondo Rina, Yogi Keira, Hikawa Ayame
Fav/like: Jo Eriko, Kotani Riho, Watanabe Miyuki, Shiroma Miru,(pretty much rest of Team N)
KKS: Yabushita Shu

HKT48
Oshimen: Miyawaki Sakura

For Team .. I favor Team 4, KII, N :)
those in bold are the Kami of each group and Maeda Ami is the Kami for everything .. :P

thats a lot ... My heart will go on ...

#73 ☆れいな☆

☆れいな☆

一生♥れいな♥についていきます.

• Senpai
  • 1763 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:54 AM

My oshimen: Akimoto Sayaka :wub:
I mean, I also love Oshima Yuko, Miyazawa Sae, Oya Shizuka, Mitsumane Kaoru, Iwasa Misaki, W Matsui, etc..

But Sayaka is always my number one, and the one I put all my support for. <3

Reina-ist forever。♥ nv6pgm.pngAlways supporting Aibon。♥

田中れいな

加護亜依道重さゆみジュンジュン菅谷梨沙子佐藤優樹飯窪春菜福田花音島村唄

LoVendoRBiSHモーニング娘。テンテンコBillie IdleプラニメBerryz工房BiS

#74 dev-null

dev-null

#1 Kinoshita Haruna Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:17 AM

I believe some here greatly misunderstand the concept of oshimen :) If you have many oshimen (even just two) at the same time in all 48 groups you potentially get forced to constantly oshihening between both of them, that can't be liked by either of this girls.

Just assuming your 2 or n oshimen share the very same stage in a performance. You told all this girls "You are my oshimen" and they remember it. Now you stand in the first row at the concert... who's t-shirt will you wear and who will you cheer on? The girls who's t-shirt you don't wear and who you can't cheer on at the same time potentially will be very annoyed or sad about it. Of course with all the million fans they have these days they probably can't remember you as fan anyway, so you're probably safe, but potentially you might piss them off.

Also, it's impossible to 'track lock' your eyes on multiple girls at the same time (it's hard enough to follow on girl in a performance, even on a TV recording! :) )

So I strongly came to the conclusion that you only can have one active oshimen in all 48 groups 1. If someone has more he/she is just to weak to properly decide between his/her favorites! All this "kami-oshi" and "tan-oshi" terms are just excuses to justify this weakness of not being able to decide. Of course, it's not a problem to be a strong fan of many girls at once, but this has nothing to do with having a proper oshimen, IMHO. :)

That's how I see it. :)

(I have the feeling I repeat myself and wrote this somewhere already :D )

1) Why can't you have an oshimen per 48 group you ask? Well.. if things like normal AKB senbatsu, election, janken senbatsu or the recent transfers have proven anything is that your per-group-oshimen can 'collide' any time. Just assume someone had Sasshi as AKB48 oshimen and Haruppi as HKT48 oshimen, now they would be in the very same team. That's a no go. ;)

signature3.png

#75 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:06 PM

^ .. lol

well .. I am handling fine ... lol
The trick is your heart will tell you what to do .. :P
the only problem is it cost a lot to maintain so many .. :P

anyway .. its fine ..
this is a case of different fandom opinion..

there are fans that are even more strict ... 1 oshimen for all 48 groups ..
and they will call those who have 1 per group weak ...lol

there are people with 1 per team .. even ..

if one per group suit you then ...go for it ... lol

but letting you know it is not something that everyone have to follow ...
and there are many different type of fans ..because 48 is big and have many fans ..
So many fans follow different rules to this oshimen concept ..

======== divider ..lol

this part is just my guessing, analysis and opinion ...so it maybe wrong ..lol :P

I find that older fans subscribe more to the 1 oshimen theory ..
maybe they come from a time when AKB48 is not that big and members are much more competitive ..

anyway .. i find that they are now changing ... and I think Aki-P is saying so too ..
They seem to be promoting the multi-oshimen theory ..

I think having multi-oshimen .. you wouldn't lose interest so easily when your oshimen grad..
getting another one on the spot ain't that easy ...
it so much easier to move to another oshimen because you have been supporting her for a long time ..
and you can't let her down because she is your oshimen also..

and also ... AKB48 is big .. it will be a really sad case for all the newer members and KKS .. cos they can't get much support no matter how hard they try ..
So actually they don't mind .. most of them who are new know you go another oshimen that maybe more important than her ... but they are still very happy because they got fans..

anyway .. they will think so .. if you are Paruru/Ranran .. and a fan tell you are oshimen .. and wearing a T-shirt of yours .. there is only 2 high possibility in your mind .. 1) the fan got other oshimen that is not here .. or 2) you oshihen to her .. and honestly you will think oshihen is the worse .. because the fan may move again when the next cute girl comes along..

I know there are new fans .. but new fans are usually the senbatsu oshimen .. because the few famous senbatsu are the main face.. if you get hook .. the higher chance is it is a senbatsu that got you .. usually those lesser known are those that you find later as you are supporting the group already ..

and this is totally my impression ..
I got this feeling that SKE48 and NMB48 are not as competitive as AKB48 ..
because they seem less happy or excited if you tell them you are her oshimen ..
they seem to be more "team" or "group" loving people ..

lol .. thats my take .. lol

^
edit: did see too small ...
1) its really so so easy .. Kami .. :P thats why ... you can !!!

#76 Guest_StellaFleure_*

Guest_StellaFleure_*
  • Guests (Not logged in)

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

My oshimen definitely comes from NMB48, but I'm still not able to decide between Yamada Nana and Yamaguchi Yuuki aka Yuppie.

There are other members, especially from AKB48, that I find very interesting but for the only one oshimen it can only be one of these two girls :).

#77 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

Ares13,

"there are people with 1 per team .. even .."

That's not oshimen, that's just DD :P

Of course I am fine with favorites. Even saying "My favorite in A is... my favorite in B is...", but I go by the already established line of thought from 48-world, such as it's OK and perfectly fine to have an oshimen from each group - 1 from AKB, 1 from SKE, etc. (but you don't have oshimen from each team, oshimen from each sub-group.)

Note, you don't have to have an oshimen from each 48 group. If you only have one oshimen in total, that's fine.

Here however, if you do have one oshimen from each group, if you compare them, you can end up with the conclusion that one of these girls is your really number one oshimen, your kami-oshi, or whatever.
The distinction between oshimen and favorite should be understood well I think.

I have many favorites, but they're favorites, not oshimen. As a whole, I like everybody - I am MD in that regards. I have some girls who I am a fan of, meaning I like them a lot, but I have 1 oshimen from each group. In the end, there's one girl who ranks above all girls, including the three oshimen I have from the other groups. Shouldn't be hard to guess, but that girl is Amina. She is above everybody. I can't really describe me as tan-oshi, that doesn't work as I'm not.

dev-null,

As far as tan-oshi, if you ask the girls themselves, it is tan-oshi who are the most appreciated of all fans. I forget the nick, I believe it was Kojiharuniisan or similar. At any rate, he is an oldtime AKB48 fan, and he is tan-oshi of Kojiharu. Only her. This doesn't mean he ignores the other girls - far from it. In events etc. he can easily talk to the other girls, etc. And all the girls knows him, and likes him. But he is only Kojiharu-oshi, and that's where his support goes.

Saying "In AKB I have 7 oshimen, in SKE I have 8, in NMB I have 5, in HKT I have 3" and similar, is just DD-ism, nothing else. It's a case of extreme oshimashi, but I don't see how this isn't DD.

The problem with being extreme tan-oshi, if you never pay attention to any of the other girls, what they do, and so on, if your oshimen then graduates, you may just leave the fandom as well. Not that there's anything wrong with this per se, but you are extremely limited by being tan-oshi like this. It is in that case better to be tan-oshi with MD basis.

There is a difference between MD and DD, and just to say this, the girls don't like DD, but MD is fine. The reason is an MD has an oshimen.

#78 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

^ .. yes yes ...

that is the correct definition for beginners or the most simple way to explain it ..

there are just many special cases ...

Like .. even if you have 1 oshimen and you keep changing them for no good reason frequently .. you will also be considered a DD ..
because you fulfill the "anyone is fine" by moving around frequently ..

in the same way... you can prove that it is not "anyone is fine" .. you can have many and does not make you a DD ..

favorites are not oshimen ..you can change them as you like without oshihen .. technically it is just someone you a lot for that moment .. or someone you are fond of but not in love with ...

anyway ...

to me .. i know MD is usually a fine thing ... it is very welcome too ...
but it play along a narrow line between DD and MD ...
and MD .. sometimes fall into DD easily ..

For me .. by what I usually see ... finding the oshimen is not good enough ..
Find that kami-oshi .. that is the secret of a stable fandom ...

As long as you have a Kami-oshi ... you fail to be DD, MD and can play it anyway you want it ...

To me it rather sad sometimes .. because nowadays ... DD become some form of insult for people who just don't agree with your fandom ...

edit:

anyway .. i got a case study ...

I got a friend who only have 1 SKE48 oshimen...

but when he buy idol goods ..like T-shirt and photos ..
He would buy a bunch of people .. usually the senbatsu..
and when he go for a SKE48 handshake event .. he went and handshake a bunch .. usually the senbatsu..
do you know he is widely considered as a DD...

while i was never consider a DD for having so many oshimen ...
because i only buy my oshimen's stuff.. and i only handshake them over and over even though.. I have a bunch of tickets..

In the end it is the action that count ..

and the action is you "push" them.. and that is what the word is all about ..

and ...

find a way that suits you .. if you feel good with your fandom .. then it is fine ..

don't have to follow others and don't have to make others follow you ..

I don't really follow the Japanese because if a few foreign fans can't even agree .. chances is there is a bigger mess in Japan..
Do you know there is more than 1 accepted writing for the word oshi ? ..that alone speak a lot ..

===

edit :

anyway ... there is something I can't understand ... (as I said .. i am still learning)

I saw a show about a Yukirin Kami oshi media person ..and he printed his Yukirin T-shirt ..
He put Yukirin Kami oshi infront but he put a Sakura ____ oshi (i can't read the japanese word)behind...
according to meaning .. it mean "rush" or "sudden" oshi ... (hope I didn't get the meaning wrong ..)

I am not sure what that means .. a second rank Kami oshi ? ..lol

Dunno no idea.. >.< :unsure:

Edited by Ares13, 11 July 2012 - 06:17 PM.

#79 melonpan♪

melonpan♪

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2756 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:41 AM

oh i didnt know using the term oshimen was so strict. I thought it just meant favorite lol
i was all like "i'll be back in a couple months with more oshimen!" hahahaha wow i really i have alot to learn XD

anyway, in that case my oshi is kanon kimoto ^-^

#80 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:28 PM

^ .. yes it does .. lol

basically .. i use oshimen for big group that may not have you favorite in a single ...

for smaller group that have no such thing as senbatsu ... i use favorite .. lol
for big groups that have senbatsu ... i use oshimen ..
basically that's my guideline .. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users