247 replies to this topic

#21 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 04:30 PM

I never said I was the perfect fan! :P
I'm saying how to be a better fan. I know it was bad of me but sometimes you grow apart from people and maybe I should have waited longer to decide on oshimen, I was young and naive. I attempted to convey that it left me feeling very guilty for a while and even now when I think about it sometimes I feel quite bad about it.

I made this set to support her when she won that akbingo contest and never got around to changing it(it's shiichan on all the other forums I post on)
(I actually tried making a new one twice but ended up not liking either of them v.v seems I've run out artistic ideas v.v)

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#22 dev-null

dev-null

#1 Kinoshita Haruna Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 01:01 AM

Just stumbled over something... (perhaps just the translation being slightly off)

In one of Mayumi's current blog entries she answers questions, also in regards to her Oshimens :)

blog entry: http://ameblo.jp/uch...1017047182.html
translation: http://blog48.livejo...om/1678238.html

▽まゆちの推しめんは
誰ですか(´・ω・`)?

恥ずかしいからあんまり言わないけど
松原夏海さんですK4th新規です

▽Who is Mayuchii's Oshimen (´・ω・`)?

It's quite embarassing so I don't often say it but
It's Matsubara Natsumi-san in the Original K4th

So one can limit one's oshimen to a specific era (stage in this case), like "my Oshimen is Acchan from 2006 to 2007" or "...during A2"? :D

signature3.png

#23 LovelyPrincessP

LovelyPrincessP

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1015 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:05 AM

Thought this was a thread to share who your oshimen was and why. lol But this is a lot better and much more helpful.

I had wondered about the having different oshimen per group thing, I knew that a lot of people do it but being a foreigner and all didn't know if it was truly acceptable among Japanese wota. So glad that's cleared up.

My question though is if it's possible to have more than one oshimen in one group? As in having maybe two girls that you support to fullest equally over everyone else but can't rank one over the other? I haven't run into this problem yet but in case I do, it'd be good to know if it were acceptable or frowned upon.

Um, maybe this is a dumb question, but do people generally support the team that their oshi is part of? Do most people even pick a team to support?
Like, my oshimen is a member of Team A, so would I be obliged to support Team A over K and B?

My oshimen used to be in Team A, now she's in K but my favorite team is B. XD After the Team shuffle, some probably switched favorite teams to match with their oshimen but the way I look at it, as long as it doesn't diminish your support for the girl then it's fine to prefer a different Team over hers. I don't see it as much different from preferring say, SKE over AKB but you love your AKB oshi above all others.

DD is frown upon with the members. I rather be a MD than a DD. I love all the girls, really.

EDIT: I Been a fan since a month before katyusha came out. Maybe I will take ur advice and give it time

Yeah, just give it time. I'm currently in the process of finding my SKE and NGZ46 (yeah, the rival group XD ) oshimen. Some people find their oshi by watching and re-watching the Stages, studying the performances, analyzing the girls' actions on AKBingo! episodes and that works for them but I say, don't force it. When I first started listening to AKB48 I was crushing on Maeda ( ^^;) then Mariko but as I got more into the group, the girl that really called out to me was Tomochin. She and my NMB oshi, Keicchi both just had a quality to them that automatically drew me in and the details didn't matter, I just wanted to support them. It may be through a magazine shoot, a single performance, or just hearing a single line in a song but you'll know who your oshimen is soon enough. ^_^

Posted Image

~Forever A Koharu Kusumi Oshi~

#24 °Cal.Mer.Sac

°Cal.Mer.Sac

Let's tanobaru!!!

• Senpai
  • 4455 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:32 AM

yokoyama yui is my akb oshimen partly cause she resembles maimi. other reason is because shes so cute and she looks likes insecure sometimes. you cant help but root for her.
Posted Image

#25 Reaper XIII

Reaper XIII

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 02:57 PM

For me, my oshimen is SKE48's Takayanagi Akane. Why? Well she's cute and I like her voice. Not to mention that her voice goes screechy everty time her tension goes up which cracks me up every time. Not to mention Team KII leader XD

However I am unable to make up my mind on AKB48. I can only choose 1 but that's the hard part. I'm stuck on Takahashi Minami, Yokoyama Yui and Oya Shizuka.
Posted Image

#26 pastil

pastil

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2156 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:37 PM

^
Same for me. I know my oshimen in the entire ***48 family is Jurina but AKB is giving me a bit of a headache (though a good one, getting to know the girls better is fun!). I have really taken a great liking to Sakippe and Yui, not to mention Sae who I've liked since I got into AKB.

And I wonder if it's a surprise when I say my favorite team is K? :P

#27 Snapple

Snapple

The Empty Bullring

• Senpai
  • 1032 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 07:45 PM

^ Juritan is my SKE oshi, my AKB oshi is Miichan, and my entire ...48 oshi is NORO KAYO. Why isn't she ever in anything?! More SDN love!
Posted Image
ICHIGOGO Twitter Last.fm Excessive Drama
秋元才加 ♥ 峯岸みなみ ♥ 篠田麻里子 ♥ 松井珠理奈 ~ freezingkiss

#28 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:07 PM

Nonti isn't in much AKB-related TV stuff after her move to SDN48, because SDN48 tend to be separated. But she's in much of SDN48's own shows, like SDN48+10! and Suppon no Onnatachi.

#29 dev-null

dev-null

#1 Kinoshita Haruna Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:43 PM

Okay... stumbled about something new again...

Nonaka Misato calls Medusa-chan her 10th Generation Oshimen...

10期推しメンあんにん(´V`)

My 10th generation oshi Annin (´V`)

blog: http://nonakamisato....ogi.jp/?eid=159
translation: http://blog48.livejo...om/1687248.html

Either the girls don't know how the "Oshimen" stuff works either or this opens countless possibilities. In fact I probably can manage that way to make each of all 300 (or even more by now?) girls my Oshimen in some way or another. :santa:

"My 10th Generation Oshimen..."
"My 9th Generation Oshimen..."
"My K4 Oshimen..."
"My Team K Oshimen..."
"My Oshimen from the Original Team K..."
"My Seibu Dome Concert Oshimen..."
"My AKBINGO! Oshimen..."
"My AKB48 to SDN48 transfer Oshimen..."
"My Variety Oshimen..."
"My Takojaki Oshimen..."
"My Melon Bread Allicane Oshimen..." :blush:
etc.

BANZAI for all the possibilities!! :D

:good:

(I'm joking a bit, of course, but still I am a bit puzzled about the "Oshimen" usage by the girls themselves. It simply looks to my like they use it in a sense of a simple "favourite".)

signature3.png

#30 Logan ⭐

Logan ⭐

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 603 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 11:10 PM

I probably generalize the term 'oshimen' a bit too much, since I use it to describe my favorites in the 48 groups as a bad habit >_<;; but when I stick to the actual definition, Wasamin is 100% my oshimen <3 I don't really switch oshimen, and don't really have more than one true oshimen, but accidentally refer to favorites as my oshimen sometimes >_<;; //badfan

#31 LovelyPrincessP

LovelyPrincessP

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1015 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:11 AM

@dev-null: That is pretty interesting. It does seem like they use it more loosely in the terms of favorites or maybe they just have an oshimen for different categories? It does seem to broaden the field. XD

Posted Image

~Forever A Koharu Kusumi Oshi~

#32 chuxnon

chuxnon

no maro, no life

• Senpai
  • 5243 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:11 PM

I don't know how it should be used....and I just tend to say "my [insert group here] oshi is...". when I talk about my most most favorite idol, I talk about my favorite idol or kamioshi.
but idk if that's bad. >-<

keep your smile

last.fm || tumblr || twitter

#33 °Cal.Mer.Sac

°Cal.Mer.Sac

Let's tanobaru!!!

• Senpai
  • 4455 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:09 AM

i made a mistake... i guess im a oshihen... i really adore yui but masuda yuka is just so awesome.
Posted Image

#34 ✿ノAノ='ω') Shu!62%

✿ノAノ='ω') Shu!62%

あみぃ✖HAPPINESS

• Senpai
  • 761 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 12:58 AM

I was wondering, how many people have their ***48 oshimen as a kenkyuusei?

My ***48 oshi is Sasaki Yukari. I get teased a little about how it's a bit shaky to have an RS Oshi, but I have so much faith that she'll be promoted to a team (I'd love to see her in team B aha).

Does anyone else have a kenkyuusei as their oshimen?

#35 droopy10

droopy10

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1267 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:19 AM

After watching "uchikuru" kuro-chan mentioned Acchan as his "kami-oshi" and Yukirin as his "oni-oshi". Has anyone heard of this type of "oshi-ing" before and if so what are other oshis they have out there.

#36 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:50 PM

I think he's making a pun since kami=god(godly in this case) and oni=demon(demonic?).
And that many akb things are described as kami things like kami7 and such.

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#37 marikosuki

marikosuki

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 141 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 10:47 AM

I haven't determined my oshimen yet. There are so many adorable girls with different personalities. I'd say the member I have the biggest crush on is Mariko-sama. But the more I watch AKB, the more I come to discover and like various members.

#38 michi.K.O

michi.K.O

Fuku-hime's Royal Butler

• Senpai
  • 2387 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:05 PM

I don't think I really have an Oshimen. Unlike in current MM where I will support Fuku-chan in everything she does, in the 48 family there are a groups of girls the I love, and another group that I like, and another group that I don't care about and another group of girls that I practically have never seen an individual picture of let alone know their names. Most girls fall under the fourth group. Posted Image

But even in the group of the girls that I love, the amount of love and admiration for each girl change from time to time. Like, when I learned about Mariko-sama's history, I was so touched and gained so much respect for her. Then I saw Acchan on Majisuka Gakuen and really adores her. And later after watching Yuko on AKBingo and more recently on 'Watshi ga Renai Dekinai Riyuu' I really admire her personality and outstanding talent in acting. And there's Takamina who always manage to steal my attention and Mii-chan who has a very lovely singing voice.

Personally, I don't think it really matters who I stan with my life. I support the girls who gained my respect and adoration but at the same time I'm aware that there are many other girls who work so hard to help strengthen the group to be as it is today. Which is why I'm always open to recommendation on which RS students or low ranking member to watch. Posted Image

TEAM MIZUKINGDOM!

#39 Nessy

Nessy

Gaki taishou

• Senpai
  • 1909 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:04 PM

I actually have a question about this. I know this is pure semantics and all, but I am curious to figure out the mechanics of this vocabulary!

Me, I love all of the ***48 girls--and I've been a fan for years, but I've always been pretty wishy-washy with saying who I like best (I've done "rankings" before and stuff, but it has never been precise, I've never taken it seriously, and I quickly end up disagreeing with myself...because I just liked them all so much I couldn't pick.) I can say to myself: "Yeah, when it comes down to it, I probably like Yuko better than Acchan" (obvious example haha), but that doesn't really mean all that much, I love them both.
So what I am saying is that it has been this way for years, but recently I've encountered something a little different. I had basically stopped using the internet for awhile, real life etc was getting rough & all, and accordingly managed to miss SDN48's actual debut. I didn't end up getting back up to speed on the ***48 wagons for a few months, but once I did I found myself completely fascinated by Serina. It's weird, because I guess I would say that I "like" (to use the same example from before) Yuko more than Serina, like I can say to myself "Yuko is probably more the kind of person I can easily imagine being friends with." But I think about Serina way, way more often. I find myself watching her videos, looking up her pictures, more than almost any other idol. And, again, it's weird, because I can't pinpoint what it is that keeps drawing me--I can't list off any "traits" that I like about her the way I can for almost any other idol, I can't imagine hanging out with her--I can't imagine or articulate much of anything! I can't just say "oh, obviously I like this, this, and this." I'm not sure what I "like" about her at all. I just find myself, again and again, spending time thinking about or looking at her, wanting to spend (and spending) the little money I can on her merchandise as opposed to any other idol...I bought her photobook after I'd vowed to not buy a photobook again until I graduated school, for example, just on a whim--the only photobook I've purchased since 2009. Furthermore if I were to write a fan letter to any idol it would have to be her, mostly because I'm curious about her in a special way. But it's not just curiousity, that wouldn't be enough to hold me this long and this intensely. I am also obscurely enamored. I'm not satisfied with basic profile information. I want to share my words with her and hope to someday be able to read hers--to share with her, to watch over her, somehow. So....

My question:
Is THAT an oshimen? As opposed to just a "favorite member" or "an idol I like"? I'm just not sure if that's how the term "oshimen" would be used, exactly, although I do definitely feel like there's something different about how I feel towards her, less like she's my "favorite" and more like I'm in love or something lol

#40 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:25 PM

That would probably be it yes :)

It doesn't have to be some "fall in love" thing or something like that of course, but it's the one girl who ranks above all others - even a handful of girls you can call your "favorites". So you could say it's like this in terms of hierarchy: 1) Oshimen, 2) Favorites, 3) The rest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users