247 replies to this topic

#201 X_death-angel_X

X_death-angel_X

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 05:51 PM

Agree.. SKE48 is really the best... LOL

Yuria may be transferred in Team 8 but she's still SKE48 in my heart... :lol: :lol: :lol:

❤→Yagami Kumi, Kizaki Yuria Kashiwagi Yuki, Watanabe Mayu, Matsui Jurina, Matsui Rena, Watanabe Miyuki, Kitahara Rie, Takayanagi Akane, Furukawa Airi, Yabuki Nako←❤

#202 usagi_no_kami

usagi_no_kami

うさちゃんピース!!!

• Senpai
  • 11934 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 07:55 PM

LOL.. DD??? Well sort off..... But neither my wota friends called me that nor saying that I'm DD...  :P :P :P

Actually they said to me.. "Don't worry if you have many oshimens as long as you know who is (or are) your most priority."

It's unavoidable of having many oshimen, out of 300+ members (including the foreign sister group) you will choose, under some circumstances.

Let say my oshimen is Kizaki Yuria, but Kashiwagi Yuki is my oshimen too... I'll also make Takahashi Minami, Watanabe Mayu, Kojima Haruna, Matsui Rena and Matsui Jurina as my oshimen too. Despite of all these, you still have who is/are your main priority, hence Kami-oshi.

Let me redefine the meaning of oshimen, from the two words, oshi "push", and men which is shorten from the katakana word, menba "member"... By the definition, means a member that you'll support or push. The word oshimen can be pluralized, means members that you'll support or push. In short, there's no only one oshimen, even the word Kami-oshi can be pluralized.

When the member/s is/are graduated from the group, the word oshimen is not recommended as this word can only applied to those are still in the group. Instead, I will put it as favorite artist/idol. Kami-oshi can still apply on the graduated member. So if you include the graduated members, I have 2 Kami-oshis..

Main priority is important when you have many oshimen list as you can't balance all of them at the same time, even you like your oshis. Instead we will put it in ranking system, in short your own senbatsu. The top one is your highest priority while the bottom one is your lowest priority. Like the yearly senbatsu, the ranking can be change.. Who knows, even your lowest-ranked oshi will be placed either fifth or sixth, depends on how you will observe on her actions.

In short there's no only one oshimen or kami-oshi.. Instead, there are ("is" if you really push it to only one) no. 1 oshimens and Kami-oshi..

I know many people who have many oshimens, including my brother (Kami-7 + 3 ni-oshi).

As of now, out of all those 25 oshimens, I only have 1 kami-oshi. (can be increase, depends if I can find someone who can fill the other thrones). ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

To me it sounds as if you've only got one Oshi.... your Kami-oshi.

The other 25 are just other girls you like in the group, while the rest are just there or you don't know enough about them yet.

If your Kami-oshi is unmovable from her spot, as it seems being your Kami-oshi, she's your number one, your oshimen.

But since the other girls are likely to be promoted to "kami-oshi", this means they can also be demoted, meaning you don't really hold them in the same regard as your "kami-oishi" which really means they're just other girls you like to follow and not really Oshimen. (make sense? :c11: )

So rather than being "DD", you're more "MD" or "minna daisuki" since you do have an Oshimen, but you like a bunch of others as well.

That's how I am with H!P, my Kami-Oshi is Sayu, but I like everyone else too, just not at the same level as Sayu.

AKB is a bit different in that I have oshimen in the different groups, but there are a lot of other girls that I like too.

Though it gets really confusing sometimes with all the shuffling around they do! :P

#203 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 08:12 PM

A lot of Western idol fans misunderstands "oshimen" to mean "favorite member", and from there the confusion arises. 

#204 AragonDx

AragonDx

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 435 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:40 AM

^ so what does "oshimen" really means?

I don't really get it, even in my country there's a lot of fans who misunderstands "oshimen".

Untitled-1%2Bcopy22.png

Kimoto Kanon - Matsuoka Natsumi - Watanabe Mayu - Yagura Fuuko - Tanikawa Hijiri

#205 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 01:57 PM

You should read the conversation from this post and below http://www.hello-onl...n/#entry1304509

But put short, oshimen does not mean "favorite". Oshimen means the member you support and push. And that denotes something very specific that mere "favorite" does not. 

We must be careful to understand that a term has a meaning, and we should respect the meaning, and not use the same word but with a different meaning for it. It's like I said, if you say "orange", but what you're really talking about is "apple" then it's just confusing especially since there's already a word for it, which you should use instead of orange.

After AKB48 and its sister groups established their dominance in Japan, even non-48G idol fans have started using the word "oshimen", but most of them use "oshimen" as a "my favorite girl" term.

Anyways, as for myself, I have many favorites, and these are girls I really like a lot too. But all of them are not my oshimen though :)

#206 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:40 PM

The word has already evolved .. basically its used very generally for all idols even male ones? I think .. :unsure:

Especially in Japan .. with the raise of idols .. it is now randomly use as the idol you support, like, follow .. etc ..

Furthermore .. media didn't help by misusing it too .. even AKB48 on magazine or QnA misuse it like asking a member who is their oshimen ..and we know the answer from them is definitely should not mean the member they support and push or even like .. its usually the member they look up to or just someone they see as potential or just fan-girling ..

Basically .. its also useful as 1 word can tell people who you support .. like when you meet an idol and you only like got 3seconds .. 1 word tell them that you support them at a high level ..

for fans it also become an identity .. You meet other fan and you tell them your oshimen and they know who your are .. lol

In all .. its now very generally use especially for non-48 ..but to me .. word having a wide meaning is common .. you just got to know the situation ..

If you are at Budokan during the 48G senbatsu election result.. oshimen actually means your highest kami or the member you voted for..  but if you are in some random idol event then oshimen may just mean the idol you find interesting ..lol

#207 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:47 PM

This is all due to AKB48 bringing what used to be otaku-only terminology and activity, out to the wider public, making them not only recognize it but accept it as well. Morning Musume never achieved this because while they were idols in their golden era, they had a certain distance between themselves and the solid otaku sphere of things, whereas AKB48 was firmly placed in the middle of it, and not only that, but embraced it as well, and made it part of their image and philosophy.

#208 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:53 PM

^ .. actually .. most of our idol culture or wota culture are actually based on AKB48 ..

While it may not be started by AKB48 .. but it is popularize and made into a standard for idols ..

Stuff like the mix, catchphrase as your introduction, overture, and even massive handshake events ..

i know all these are not started by AKB48 but they set people mindset on what are the common "must have" for idol groups ..

#209 X_death-angel_X

X_death-angel_X

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:30 PM

I'm still using the word "oshimen" not to the single member...

As much as Yuria is my oshimen; Yukirin, Mayuyu, Takamina, Rena, Jurina, Airin, Churi(Too many to write), are also my oshimen... :lol: :lol: :lol:

So, even though I'm Takamina-oshi, I'm also Churi-oshi... And Rena-oshi, and so on..... :c18: :c18: :c18:

The real definition of the word "oshimen", according to Stage48, and also credit to Stage48 wiki:

The word "Oshimen" (押しメン) comes from "oshiteru member" ("The member you support"). It's the term used to describe a fan's favorite member. Even though oshimen generally refers to only one member, many fans have more than one oshimen per group (The favorite member among the oshimen is usually referred as Kami-oshi).

Kami-oshi is only used when you have more than two oshimen.

So if I have 25 favorite members, out of four 48-groups, means that I have 25 oshimen. And out of those 25 oshimen, I have 1 kami-oshi (I only didn't put only cause I know that I could have another kami-oshi).  :P :P :P

❤→Yagami Kumi, Kizaki Yuria Kashiwagi Yuki, Watanabe Mayu, Matsui Jurina, Matsui Rena, Watanabe Miyuki, Kitahara Rie, Takayanagi Akane, Furukawa Airi, Yabuki Nako←❤

#210 melonpan♪

melonpan♪

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2756 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 04:48 PM

Well my oshimen has changed drastically since i last posted here almost exactly 2 years ago.

Well to be honest i dont have a specific oshimen because i cant choose but its different people

Iwatate Saho - i had my eye on her since she was kenkyuusei 

Okada Nana - i had my eye on her since back then too but never imagined i would love her this much

Tanaka Miku  (HKT48)

#211 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:04 PM

X_death-angel_X,

Yes, you can cite a Wiki article. Wonderful. That doesn't mean what I said is wrong, because it's not. My source is the Japanese fandom in general, including Japanese friends. Some of which are friends with various TO's and long-time wotas, majority of which have been seen several times on various AKB48 TV shows. So in short the people who developed this fandom. Indeed, one can have more than one oshi (including from different groups), and usually one then says ichi-oshi, and ni-oshi, etc. But nobody are gonna accept some guy saying "I have 25 oshimen" or "I have 89 oshimen". This is just DD behaviour through and through.

#212 X_death-angel_X

X_death-angel_X

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:33 PM

To conclude that...

I'm DD, like you said.. 24 oshimen + 1 kami-oshi = 25 total oshimen... I totally accept that...  :P :P :P

But I also don't think that no one accepting me saying "I have 25 oshimen.". I have some 48-group wota friends, (mostly southeast Asians and some Japanese), have more than mine, mostly 27+ oshimen, the fewest number of oshimen they have is 10 oshimen. They ranked it as Kami-oshi, Ni-oshi and San-oshi. My brother (who's 48-group fan too), has 7 Kami-oshi (yeah man, seven highest level of oshimen) and 5 Ni-oshi....

I also watched some variety shows, of some Japanese fans showing their collection of their oshimen.. And I saw, they have more than 10 different members having each photosets (about 1-3 inches thick per member) they've possessed.. XD XD XD

#213 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:49 PM

Merely having photosets of different members doesn't say much other than liking that girl. I have lots of photos myself. Merely having photos of a certain member doesn't mean she's my oshimen. Nobody are criticizing anybody for liking a lot of girls. But it's wrong to call all of these girls for "oshimen". It's just stupid.

But well like the saying goes: Birds of a feather flock together...

#214 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:01 PM

^
^
LOL .. don't listen to others ..
I got my theory on oshimen and favorite ..
oshimen are not changeable or removable .. yes there is always oshihen but when you got multiple oshimen why would you need to oshihen unless you decide on oshimen randomly ..
favorite are changeable and removable .. you can love them one day and hate them another day .. totally acceptable ..

but the interesting thing you said is southeast Asian .. I am a southeast Asian ..lol

but i can only say .. I have read a southeast Asian friend facebook post about his 2shot with a bunch AKB48 idols..
He gave an translated account on all his encounter during the 2 shot ..
its basically a copy and paste template to everyone ..

"hi"
"you are my oshimen"
"I will vote for you for the senbatsu election" ..

looking at this .. there is no problem ..fandom wise ..to him, they are his oshimen and he did vote for them ..
totally fine .. just a little fact that the girls will think that she is the only one so he is cheating on their feelings ..

So you get the part about being a fan of your idols and not your fandom which I said before? .. :)
( this is good stuff .. you can't wiki this .. :P )

but anyway .. the huge shuffle did mess up a few oshimen structure .. but I was one of those "lucky" one that didn't get any oshimen moving over to another group .. :P
anyway to cite an article is good especially from a place that support your views .. but no matter .. I really don't see the need to use a source to justify your fandom ..
that's why i never use any source .. because its from the heart where your love for your idols come from ..

why don't you try scrap and build .. wipe out all your oshimen and see if the exact same oshimen come back to you ..
I am doing it now .. and sadly not all are coming back to me .. lol ..
kidding ..its kind of suicidal ... its just an good excuse to get rid of the old girls and get some new cute young one in my pocket without being flame by other fans .. :P

#215 X_death-angel_X

X_death-angel_X

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:14 PM

If you think it's wrong to call all of these girls as "oshimen", means it's also wrong to make them as favorite member?

It's also wrong to have 25 favorite members? It's wrong to have 1 favorite among 25 favorite members too?

Because that word describes a fan's favorite member. Not only the wiki, but to majority (including the members).

I also have a lots of photos, only my oshimen/s. For those member's pictures that's not my oshimen, I just sell/trade to the fan who's oshi-ing that member. :P :P :P

@Ares13 - LOL, I'm a Southeast Asian too. And, the only way to remove my oshimen to the list is when they're graduated from the group (with the exception of Kumi, she's my forever Kami XD).. In short, no oshihen will gonna happen. I have my own way of having oshimen (or rather multiple oshimen), and It's up to them whether they accept it or not.. :D :D

I love those 25 girls (32 girls when included the graduated members)... And that's why I make them as my oshimen.... XD

Especially to my two kami-oshis... XD

#216 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:26 PM

^ .. ok .. :D
have fun here .. lol :P

I think I will stop here for now .. because it becoming one of those "nothing is going to change" decisions ..
anyway .. i got to check on all my idols .. that is the fun part .. and not decisions and argument on fan principles and ideals ..

#217 X_death-angel_X

X_death-angel_X

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 06:34 PM

I'll stop here too.. Because I think I'm going to nowhere if I continue this...

Gonna look some other topics to comment... :P :P :P

Yoroshiku Onegaishimasu.. Ares13-senpai~~ :respect: :respect:

#218 Ohnox

Ohnox

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 09:30 PM

For me my ultimate (if I can say so) kamioshi is Oshima Yuko. She is someone I have liked since day one I walked in this fandom. Even that she has graduate from group this doesn't change. She is someone I support on good and bad days, be happy if something good happens to her (or she does something that makes her happy) and so on. 

Of course I have other members I like, it's normal after all group is so big. But I think if I can my second oshimen ( I think there was name for this title.. I saw video on dailymotion where EXILE member had to guess what is the name of second oshimen.. ) would be ether Kitahara or Aigasa.

Sorry to broke your conversation... : D

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."

☆★☆

#219 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 05:25 AM

I think its a lot easier to keep a graduated oshimen if she is still a media person and you still get to see her ..
But what if she disappear for good and no news ever turn up about her for years to come?

#220 Ohnox

Ohnox

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 22 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 01:37 PM

I think its a lot easier to keep a graduated oshimen if she is still a media person and you still get to see her ..
But what if she disappear for good and no news ever turn up about her for years to come?

Yes you are right. It is much easier to follow your oshimen when she is still in TV/movies etc. But if she one day choose to leave all that.

I would accept the fact. And disappearing you mean she would leave the career and start whole new life somewhere as a normal person?

I would accept the fact and be happy to her. For me if she is happy that's all I need. 

I think I would keep watching her shows/concerts etc ones a while and just remain me the past. For once a while I think I would thought what she is doing now, is she happy and everything. 

Also now days it is different. You can't really disappear for good like old days, because social media. Megumi is one good example, she updates her life on social media even thought she isn't idol anymore. 

"He who fights with monsters should be careful lest he thereby become a monster. And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee."

☆★☆

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users