Posted 13 February 2019 - 11:16 AM

#8322 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1053 posts

Posted 14 February 2019 - 03:56 AM

I love the song so much  <3

Also have they done rapping like this in other songs?

#8323 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 15 February 2019 - 05:39 PM

I've been listening to this song every now and then since the video went up, and... yeah. This song and dance are top notch. Very satisfied. Kodama Ameko + Michitomo = <3

^
I don't think they've rapped like this in other songs. They've done pop-rap-breaks here or there, but something that Japanese rap people would recognize (even if they didn't like it) is... I think... a first.
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#8324 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 06:13 AM

Does this count? This was the first time they tried to incorporate rap, but I think the speed of the rap is too fast for Sekki and Akari to pull off properly.

I prefer the rap they did in KIMIROSU.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#8325 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 17 February 2019 - 03:43 PM

^
I can't claim to be any kind of expert, but I find the two styles of rap very different. In Samurai Girls it is within a certain tempo and timing without pitch... so we call it 'rap' but the use of syllable emphasis in Kimi-Loss makes it much more like what the Japanese Rap-world recognizes as Japanese Rap.

But also, whoah that Samurai Girls PV was nostalgic. 7 members, short-haired Mori, Not-Blonde Furukawa, babyfat Saho (etc). Not to mention the 0 budget "We've got the live-house starting at 10am, so come in, we'll shoot the video and then get ready for the concert after that" :D
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#8326 davidguy3237

davidguy3237

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1625 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 12:35 PM

#8327 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 02:44 PM

^A very fun song :ongaku:

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#8328 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 18 February 2019 - 04:03 PM

HAHAH, they used themselves as one of the background "Typical Japanese scenes"

#8329 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 19 February 2019 - 08:30 AM

Its like Apuome, but I do not need to wait 1st Jan every year to listen to it :lol:

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#8330 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 02:45 PM

As a lark, UUG traded costumes among themselves for their Akiba Culture Theater show today.
Furukawa - orange
Mori - blue
Saho - green
Sekine - yellow
Arai - pink

It is remarkably disorienting even as a fan. But it must have been worse for the members... one (I think it was Furukawa, but I have already half forgotten) said it was really bizarre to see somebody else on stage in her costume. "Why am I right before my own eyes?!"

And they traded solo songs. Which was hit and miss.
Saho doing Mega Mori was rad. Instead of 90% of the "mega mori ni natte" she just did karate kata.
To:
Furukawa doing Kimi-iro Sky was... missable.

But also, they traded PARTS for Appare. And that was... brilliant. Sekine was responsible for the yelling that Saho does, and couldn't quite keep up (nobody has that much energy except Saho). Saho took Mori's position of trying to kiss "Arai" right before her machine-gun-rap, but Mori was not used to being on the receiving end, and got kissed... and in the shock of it blew a few lines, and ended up rapping, "I forgot my lines" before finding her place again. :D (etc)

#8331 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 02:49 PM

^LOL that Appare part with Mori was hilarious. Wished I could see that.

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

#8332 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9502 posts

Posted 03 March 2019 - 06:37 PM

I was wondering what was up. All I knew was something wasn't right. :D

Attached Files

#8333 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 04 April 2019 - 04:50 PM

After watching Kimi-loss for the 800th time (give or take 780) I have finally picked up on yet another great thing about that video... Furukawa's seruss-bizniss face. We almost never get to see that.

#8334 up up girls and yumeado

up up girls and yumeado

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 April 2019 - 11:58 PM

can some fans help me I am going back to Japan in June till July  and I would like to see up up girls again I have only seen them live once two years ago. Are the group going to be performing in Tokyo around mid June or early July

#8335 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 06 April 2019 - 12:45 AM

They’re actually on tour then, doing full shows. In Osaka June 15 and Nagoya June 16. Sapporo the week before.

Good timing but you’ll have to travel..

#8336 ruel

ruel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1222 posts

Posted 12 April 2019 - 12:33 PM

JNiysQ1.jpeg

#8337 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 14 April 2019 - 11:57 AM

#8338 blackknight07

blackknight07

The guy who posts videos @_@

• Senpai
  • 2078 posts

Posted 31 May 2019 - 10:08 PM

Hoping they do more non-kpop covers like this

#8339 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 01:49 AM

^
<3  :blush:  :nosebleed:

I liked the KPop covers a lot, but it's awesome to see actually modern street dance in Japan.

Edit to add: I went back and watched the choreo-video that UFZS went with... (it's not the official choreography that DJ Snake/CardiB/SelenaG. use) and it made my head explode. I forgot how awesome the 100% full time pros are.
Spoiler

Edited by Greyface, 02 June 2019 - 12:56 PM.

#8340 ruel

ruel

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1222 posts

Posted 21 June 2019 - 09:33 PM

"Da Dan Dance! / Heat Beat Island / 5 to the 5th Power"
26th single (triple a-side)to be released on june 25
9E0E24DD-DDA6-411D-B359-1A4A3A4CB0D2.jpe
Da Dan Dance! mv

Heat Beat Island mv

5 to the 5th Power(live)