can't say i didn't see it coming...

i'm so sad

#322 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 03:34 PM

End of an era I guess. Lost interest a long time ago...hope the individual members will still do some in the industry.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#323 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 04:19 PM

damn, i liked them. it was expected but it's still sad :/ 

tumblr_lygzzoSBD21r56dlh.gif
  tanimoto ami • ise layla • sato masaki  ❤ 

#324 Mixi

Mixi

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 09:22 PM

I think there are 2 reasons for the disbandment:

1. Nearly all members will be out of high school in 2017. They started as elementary school students more than 5 years ago and their contracts are coming to an end. This, and the age factor, means some of them wanted to move on to bigger things. (Speaking of which, Kotori left Avex for a smaller agency a few days ago just before the break up announcement. She technically isn't in the group anymore and there are currently only 3 Dream5 members left until the 31st.)

2. They had a smash hit thanks to Youkai Watch, but all their songs after that flopped comparatively as YW itself declined. Their non-anime songs before YW never did well and as mentioned, they're getting too old to be doing anime songs for another 5 years. They were mostly doing unrelated solo activities in the past year anyway.

It's sad because they were such a talented, charismatic and unique co-ed idol group. I'm sure we'll see the members elsewhere again soon. :)

#325 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 28 December 2016 - 09:36 PM

(Speaking of which, Kotori left Avex for a smaller agency a few days ago just before the break up announcement. She technically isn't in the group anymore and there are currently only 3 Dream5 members left until the 31st.)

That's interesting because it's the second case I know of that happening with someone from avex. The other one being Kyoka who is now in Predianna. As far as I know she did some solo work when she was with avex. I don't know which agency Kotori left for, but seeing how Kyoka left for quite the indie agency that manages Predianna it makes me wonder how desperate or hopeless they felt with avex that they (seemingly) downgrade this much. Seeing how popular and skilled Kotori is I really wonder where she went.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#326 Mixi

Mixi

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:25 AM

Kotori is now with GOLD, which mostly manages DJs and is based in Hiroshima. Unless she's planning to become some kind of DJ/radio personality in that area (it's closer to her home prefecture at least), it's a very strange move, to be honest. It's a really small agency with only 4 regular staff members. Japanese fans seem worried about this too because it's a downgrade for someone like her.

It was confirmed that Akira will focus on stage plays. Hoping he gets to dance a lot too!

#327 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 04:12 AM

Damn, i wonder what kotori is thinking haha. it's sad that avex just doesn't give a shit about the artists who don't make them lots of cash, and move onto their next gimmick pretty quickly. nice to see Akira staying in the showbiz somehow. Hopefully he gets major roles someday.

#328 GrayScales

GrayScales

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 193 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 04:20 AM

Kotori was my favorite ever since a live Dream5 did with TGS and she was making fun of Ayano's powerful and deep singing voice. Though I was also saddened when Momona left because I felt she was Dream5's best dancer and she didn't trail Kotori by much in my admiration.

logo.png

mainImgae01.jpg

In her profile she mentions being the leader of a dance and vocal group but does not name it as Dream5 nor it being part of AVEX.

From her twitter

CZx8tfV.jpg

#329 msmairtan

msmairtan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 803 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 07:16 AM

Yeah I saw Kotori left/contract expired on the Dream5 website. I'm surprised to see her leave avex completely. I thought something was up when I saw her twitter account. She's one of my favorite voices ever. So sad they won't be doing a goodbye show. I have mixed feeling because I'm relieved that they didn't continue performing without Momona but I'm frustrated that we won't see them do anything together at all.

I know Akira & Yuno will be fine...but I'm really worried about Mikoto. She seems to be the most affected, as expected because she really loved being an idol. I don't know what she will do afterwards. 

#330 Mixi

Mixi

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 121 posts

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:16 PM

Dream5 isn't mentioned by name at all in her profile, which is probably something Avex asked for. It's just another line on her resume that takes less space than her work with Youkai Watch. :(

#331 msmairtan

msmairtan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 803 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:07 AM

akira, mikoto, and yuno opened twitter accounts

https://twitter.com/AKIRAT_official

https://twitter.com/mikoto__hibi

https://twitter.com/Yuno__official

no one is following kotori and vice versa

i'm guessing dream5 disbanded because kotori left avex and they are not allowed to communicate anymore?

#332 GrayScales

GrayScales

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 193 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 03:04 AM

Kotori is voicing the lead of the Sexy Rabbit Trio in the Japanese dub of the animated movie SING

usagi.jpg

In the short profile it mentions her being the leader of Dream5 and their rise in popularity due to Youkai Watch and the recent end of their activities.

header.jpg

Good for her! :good:

#333 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:19 AM

DDOOTosUMAETGC3.jpg

DDOOTorUwAAk_9H.jpg

DDOOTo0VwAAIBXg.jpg

https://twitter.com/...202839003668480

https://twitter.com/...196035024920578

https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/1696225

:nosebleed:  :nosebleed:  :nosebleed:  :nosebleed:  :nosebleed:  :nosebleed:  :nosebleed:  :nosebleed:

That was unexpected but wow she's gorgeous, had no idea she was that gifted. Managed to hide it well.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#334 minaeshi

minaeshi

Mahou Idoru Shoujo ♥

• Senpai
  • 4427 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:37 PM

i feel like those photos went from 10 to 100 lmao 

she looks gorgeous 

#335 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:12 PM

To add, according to a friend who helped translate a few bits, it seems like she actually wants to keep pursuing the gravure path. Goals are a front cover and she wants to be on something like Shuukan Playboy's 50 year anniversary poster. She certainly has the looks for it as she proved with that photo shoot so I'm definitely follow her work. ^^;

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#336 msmairtan

msmairtan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 803 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 04:46 AM

MY JAW DROPPED OH MY GODDDDD

#337 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 03:34 PM

DDUcc5BUwAAO-6y.jpg

DDUcc5aUQAEm5Ee.jpg

Some more gorgeous bikini goodness :nosebleed:

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#338 Logan ⭐

Logan ⭐

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 603 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 04:47 AM

Oh titties

#339 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 01 July 2017 - 10:20 AM

KUUgd3X.jpg

wRWdea7.jpg

zB2f3z4.jpg

Her pages from the 28th issue of Weekly Playboy. 

There also seem to be PPV videos of her photo shooting online with more outfits and all that. If you got access to that stuff feel free to drop it somewhere.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#340 Margie GiGi

Margie GiGi

Fansubber

• Senpai
  • 1704 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 03:19 AM

I know their last live as five members was shown live on line. Does anyone know where I could watch or download it from?

CgyskxpU8AAsWLE.jpg

Cgt-ZJRUUAI9l78.jpg

zSP0uV1.gif

Team! °C-ute &

Cho TokimekiSendenbu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users