• Please log in to reply
368 replies to this topic

#1 LunaLupus

LunaLupus

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 341 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:54 AM

DISCLAIMER: It's difficult to find much information in English, so this may not be 100% accurate. Feel free to add to/correct my information, or ask questions.

Before Dream5, there was avex audition 2006. This audition led to the discovery of multiple talented individuals, such as Shigemoto Kotori (Off-topic: Arai Hitomi was another). Kotori became a regular on the NHK program, Tensai TV Kun MAX. In November 2009, Tensai TV Kun MAX held auditions for four boys and girls who could sing and dance. This led to the discovery of Hibi Mikoto, Takano Akira (the only boy in the group), and Oohara Yuuno. Tamagawa Momona didn't actually take part in the audition, but was added by the judges at some point.

Releases

Singles
I don't obey - Bokura no Pride
Bokura no Natsu!!
Koi no Dial 6700
Like & Peace

Mini-Albums
RUN TO THE FUTURE
DAYS

Vocalists

Posted Image

重本ことり Shigemoto Kotori
Date of Birth: October 5, 1996
Hometown: Tokushima Prefecture
Horoscope: Libra
Blood Type: Unknown
Height: 146cm

Posted Image

日比美思 Hibi Mikoto
Date of Birth: September 20, 1998
Hometown: Kanagawa Prefecture
Horoscope: Virgo
Blood type: B
Height: 145cm

Dancers

Posted Image

高野洸 Takano Akira
Date of Birth: July 22, 1997
Hometown: Fukuoka Prefecture
Zodiac Sign: Cancer
Blood type: B
Height: 144cm

Posted Image

大原優乃 Oohara Yuuno
Date of Birth: October 8, 1999
Birthplace: Kagoshima Prefecture
Horoscope: Libra
Blood type: A type
Height: 133cm

Posted Image

玉川桃奈 Tamagawa Momona
Date of Birth: March 24, 1997
Hometown: Miyagi Prefecture
Horoscope: Taurus
Blood type: O type
Height: 151cm

Helpful Links:

Official Site: http://www.avexnet.o...eam5/index.html
Official Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/Dream5staff
Dream5 Blog: http://ameblo.jp/dream5-official/
Kotori's Blog: http://ameblo.jp/shigemoto-kotori/
Yujin-chan's Blog/Mailmag Translations: http://thedancing5.blogspot.com/

PVs:

It's hard to find the PVs online, so forgive the quality. This is mirrored and missing the end, but Tabidachi no Uta is a great ballad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfRdEay5hWg

This song is more fast-paced, but has no PV.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbPgRoWOkw0&feature=related

Edited by LunaLupus, 20 August 2011 - 11:32 PM.

#2 iheartmomusu

iheartmomusu

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2163 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:20 AM

I remember this group! I watched their cover of koi no dial 6700 a few months ago and remembered liking it (especially since there were AAA members in it lol). Not too acquainted wit this group but I would like to see more from them.

One thin I don't get is... why is there one random boy in the group? XD Or is Takano Akira a girl? O.o

#3 LunaLupus

LunaLupus

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 341 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:32 AM

No, Akira is a boy. I guess they just chose the best, and they just happened to be mostly girls.

Akira is pretty cool. Check him (and the rest) out in the Bokura no Natsu Dance Shot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1t0CB1gTSg

#4 snoboat

snoboat

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 258 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 06:43 AM

Well I'll check through these videos slowly, thanks for the detailed intro!
btw, the text from the spoiler said: She didn't apply for the MTK National Auditions, but in the 1st round audition she was spotted dancing with another entrant in her application video, so they called her for the 2nd round auditions. She's the tallest member, and she has a lot of outfits where she wears a hat. (I guess it's for Momona, since it says the tallest member and from Miyagi-ken)
Posted Image

Set by: S-N-I-P-E-R

#5 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:13 AM

I wanted to be the first to post, but I had to wait until my migraine died down a bit, and my neighborhood got a little quiet. ^^;

I clicked on your blog link a few days ago and watched a couple videos, including "I Don't Obey" and "Koi No Dial 6700". I just watched the two videos from YouTube you linked (with headphones on, so I won't disturb the neighbors, and my migraine can get worse.) I like this group, although I don't have a favorite member yet. (It probably won't be the boy. XD ) I noticed that the "dancers" sometimes sing background vocals. This is like another Avex group, Tokyo Girls' Style, not to mention every H!P group. XD And it's too bad they don't wear glasses. I like girls with glasses! :blush:

Spoiler

"Sakura Gakuin 2010 ~message~" is the greatest album released in the 21st Century! Get your copy today and find out why!

Proudly supporting lots of idols... Sakura Gakuin ~ Caramel ☆ Ribbon ~ Aither ~ Prizmmy☆ ~ NA-NA ~ Himekko 5 ~ Candy Kiss ~ Sakuran Bom Bom ~ Onigokko 

The Most Rebellious Japanese Idol Blog: This Is Your Wake Up Call!  /  Young Idol Singers (Facebook) / Sensational Idols (Website)  

#6 LunaLupus

LunaLupus

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 341 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 07:47 AM

^
^ Thank you! Do you mind if I summarize that in the first post?

^ Good to see you here, but that migraine needs to get lost. :(

My favorite is probably Kotori. I love that husky voice of hers. The dancing/singing thing mostly refers to their specialty. (Although one of the singers, Kotori, is apparently a skilled belly-dancer. :o ) I kind of like the idea that they tell you that, though. Although, there is a song where they all (I think) get solos. As for the glasses, I wish Mikoto wore them all the time. So cute! :wub:

As a bonus, here's a pre-Dream5 Kotori video from Tensai TV Kun MAX:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sq7FDChS8tY

Spoiler

#7 Yujin-chan

Yujin-chan

The president of RisaKei Fandom

• Senpai
  • 2126 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 08:19 AM

I'm in a total in love with Akira! I'm happy to see their thread, I've been browsing the Music thread like forever!

Posted Image

Eternity Page//Ava and Sig by Me//Click my siggy 4 my blog//I'm RisaKei fan//Dream5 Information Site

#8 LunaLupus

LunaLupus

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 341 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:43 AM

^ When I think about it, you don't really see many groups with any boys that age. That makes them quite unique among the current Japanese groups. I almost typed "idols", but that term doesn't really fit, does it? :unsure:

#9 Cecilie

Cecilie

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1327 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:55 AM

This group seems really nice! I will look into them, when I get home from school ;D
I like that this group has a boy and the girls wear boyish clothing to match x3

ibw7ZYz51g6Htr.png
Banner and avatar made by me~ My blog ~
 Berryz工房 [ももち] モーニング娘。[工藤] フェアリーズ [みきみき] Little Glee Monster [芹奈] BABYMETAL [SU-METAL]

#10 Hollerama

Hollerama

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 10:01 AM

Oh whoa. I've watched a couple of their PVs, but did NOT realize that one of them is a guy XD that sort of just blew my mind, haha. That actually makes me want to follow them more closely now.....

From what I've seen so far, they seem like a pretty fun group.

#11 Welniuke

Welniuke

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 875 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:54 AM

I really Love this group!!!
Mainly because they're Young and it's hard to find idols or artists at this age. Especially with 4 girls and 1 boy.
Akira is probably my favourite member <3 I'm not really sure since I don't know much about them all... Though they all seem really fun ^^

There is a person that has created a forum for Dream5 fans (it's also about 9nine and Satake Uki)
http://utssxtnu.forumotion.ca/
And that same person has crested a site for Dream5 ^^
http://dream5avex.webs.com/

I'm not sure if I should post these links here but since they're for Dream5 I though I could share it with their fans... Those sites are still pretty new, but maybe they'll become active soon ^^

#12 LunaLupus

LunaLupus

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 341 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 11:11 PM

^
^
^ I didn't really notice, but you're right. Interestingly, I think all the girls probably have long hair to offset that. It's like everything is balanced so it's not too boyish or girlish. If that makes sense?

^
^ I wasn't really sure what Akira was at first. So, you aren't alone.

^ Their average age is lower than most groups. Also, I actually belong to the forum you linked, and it is kind of empty right now.

EDIT: I've edited the first post a bit.

Edited by LunaLupus, 16 February 2011 - 11:42 PM.

#13 iheartmanochan

iheartmanochan

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 560 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 01:03 AM

I love this group. They have great vocals, dancing, and a mix of songs. My favorite member is Hibi Mikoto, because I like her "childish" and high sounding voice, plus, she's cute! I really love Akira too! He's cute! My favorite songs are Tabidachi no Uta and Bokura no Natsu!! But Tabidachi no Uta is my absolute favorite~

I hope this group gains more popularity. They deserve it.

Tokyo Girls Style  PASSPO☆★ Fairies ★ MM ANGERME

Juice=JuiceE-girlsSilent SirenFAKY

Jpop Music Review Blog

#14 Kira-Chan

Kira-Chan

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:33 AM

@Lunalupus i was reading another thread and noticed your banner. Thanks for your comment and thanks for starting up this thread.

#15 LunaLupus

LunaLupus

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 341 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 05:30 AM

^
^ I was blown away by them from the first moment I saw them. Mikoto is really cute, and I find her voice very unique. Tabidachi no Uta was the first song I heard from them, and it's my favorite, too. (The first thing I saw from them was I Don't Obey, but avex had disabled the sound and I couldn't find any other videos. That was more than a year ago, I think.)

^ It took me a few seconds longer than it should have, but it dawned on me who you are. Anyway, you're welcome, and thank you for posting here. I hope I gained your blog a few more visitors with my link.

To make it clear to everyone, Kira-Chan is the Kira whose blog is linked in my signature. If anyone hasn't visited, there are a couple videos you can see there, that aren't here (since I can't embed them like the youtube videos).

Edited by LunaLupus, 17 February 2011 - 05:54 AM.

#16 Kira-Chan

Kira-Chan

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 105 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 11:56 PM

Thanks for that.

I finally got their recent single and their mini album. Loving them. Can't wait to see/hear what they come up with next.

#17 LunaLupus

LunaLupus

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 341 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:46 AM

I have good (but late ^^; ) news! I know little Japanese, so I haven't been checking Kotori's blog lately. According to her blog, they were recording last week, and they've been having dance lessons since then. Also, if I understand correctly, two days ago they had measurements taken for new outfits! :good:

Some blog pics in the spoiler. You can click for bigger pics if I linked them correctly.

Spoiler

#18 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 07:01 PM

I saw the photos in your spoiler. So, one of those girls does wear glasses! :wub: Yay!

"Sakura Gakuin 2010 ~message~" is the greatest album released in the 21st Century! Get your copy today and find out why!

Proudly supporting lots of idols... Sakura Gakuin ~ Caramel ☆ Ribbon ~ Aither ~ Prizmmy☆ ~ NA-NA ~ Himekko 5 ~ Candy Kiss ~ Sakuran Bom Bom ~ Onigokko 

The Most Rebellious Japanese Idol Blog: This Is Your Wake Up Call!  /  Young Idol Singers (Facebook) / Sensational Idols (Website)  

#19 Yujin-chan

Yujin-chan

The president of RisaKei Fandom

• Senpai
  • 2126 posts

Posted 19 February 2011 - 07:11 AM

I feel like hugging Akira now! He looks so kewl and cute in that hairstyle. He has a very good skill in dancing!
The epicness of him started from his name I guess! Oh, love him! <3

Posted Image

Eternity Page//Ava and Sig by Me//Click my siggy 4 my blog//I'm RisaKei fan//Dream5 Information Site

#20 Kira-Chan

Kira-Chan

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 105 posts

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:30 AM

Mikoto + glasses = WIN.

that video of Kotori, how old was she when i was filmed? Shuch a beautiful from such a young girl.

I've got this feeling Akira is gonna break a few hearts as he gets older

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users