2458 replies to this topic

#41 Lyra

Lyra

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 347 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:06 PM

I'm SUPER EXCITED about this! :w00t:

But then again they called it "Dream Momusu" for a reason, I guess, huh? :)
I really hope Tsuji will join in too at a later stage. Right now she's focusing on bringing up her baby, but....

Also, seeing as their album will be entitled "Dreamusu 1"(Dreams 1 or DreaMusu 1, it all depends on how you choose to read it) ...does that mean we can expect more albums from this group?
All the other H!P albums have had titles with the numbers added, save for those that were a one-shot, so... I really hope so!

I've been wanting to see these girls back on stage doing what they love for ages. It seems that my wish has been granted! :D

Posted Image

#42 liamers

liamers

2nd in command of the Gaki Green Shoes Club!

• Senpai
  • 2740 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:16 PM

I am really excited by this. Just yesterday I posted in the miki thread that I wanted her to go back to singing...

just wondering though. Is it not a kick in the teeth for current MM for this group to be called DREAM mm. it makes it seem that current MM is crap compared to them.... which I know a lot of people feel anyway

#43 aussie

aussie

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1822 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:30 PM

Couldn't they even be bothered to come up with a new name for the group rather than using the 'Morning Musume' name? I agree with those who are suggesting this is completely undermining current MM. I mean, yeah it's cool that OGs get to form a new unit and perform again, but couldn't they be a bit more original? Nice concept, but poorly executed. UFA could have done better. Then again, this is UFA. They never seem to get things right.

#44 Surenda

Surenda

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 522 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:32 PM

YAY Koharu and Mari :good: :good:

Posted Image

#45 Lyra

Lyra

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 347 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:37 PM

@ aussie I think the title fits, because for a lot of fans it'll be a dream come true to see all these members come together and perform again.

Considering the current Momusu, I don't think there's any need to worry. I think the current Momusu will have more of the fresh, young(er)
image of an idol group (especially considering the newly added 9th gens), while as Dream Momusu might have a more mature feel to it,
spread the love for some of the more long-standing idol girls and allow for a lot of reminiscing.

In that way I think there will be something for everyone, seeing as the groups will offer different things to different fans. I would suppose there are also some fans who
might return to H!P if some of their old favourites now start performing again - admittedly Momusu is not as popular as it once was. Bringing some of the older, well established girls
(including their fan base) back into H!P might not be a bad move at all. At any rate, it should give UFA more money and publicity to work with, which will be good news for both the current and the Dream Momusu.

Posted Image

#46 Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man

Mononofu 4 Life

• Senpai
  • 2108 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:39 PM

^ I just hope it goes how you say.. it'd be awesome then

Posted Image

Signature made by MayaChanShiDae

#47 lala

lala

♥ Voted KY greatest fan 2011 ♥

• Senpai
  • 4428 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:39 PM

But they are the original musume

Posted Image

♥ Voted as KY greatest fan 2011 ♥ Thank you for voting for me everyone ♥

♥ My KY fanblog ♥

♥ JunJun . KY Ikuta . (B)Nacchan . (S)Kanakana . (N)Sayaka . (HKT)Anna . (Nogizaka46)Ikuchan♥

#48 aussie

aussie

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1822 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:50 PM

@ aussie I think the title fits, because for a lot of fans it'll be a dream come true to see all these members come together and perform again.

Considering the current Momusu, I don't think there's any need to worry. I think the current Momusu will have more of the fresh, young(er)
image of an idol group (especially considering the newly added 9th gens), while as Dream Momusu might have a more mature feel to it,
spread the love for some of the more long-standing idol girls and allow for a lot of reminiscing.

In that way I think there will be something for everyone, seeing as the groups will offer different things to different fans. I would suppose there are also some fans who
might return to H!P if some of their old favourites now start performing again - admittedly Momusu is not as popular as it once was. Bringing some of the older, well established girls
(including their fan base) back into H!P might not be a bad move at all. At any rate, it should give UFA more money and publicity to work with, which will be good news for both the current and the Dream Momusu.

I still find the title not appropriate, especially using the MM name in that regard. They should have chosen a more original name, not falling back on the name that brought them fame and is largely the reason they are still relevant in the business.
People don't care about current MM as it is, and to chuck in another group into the mix consisting of OGs with the name 'Morning Musume' in there....I don't see how this will impact current MM positively. I thought management was supposed to promote MM, not butcher it with its own resources.

(I'm not against the OG unit itself, just the way it has been chosen to be promoted by UFA)

#49 temeri

temeri

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 754 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:57 PM

Watch the current MM disband after This group sells x5, x10 more.

#50 chichi

chichi

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 233 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:01 PM

I think the same. if dream momusu sells better than momusu momusu will disband
Posted Image

#51 kantutanTayo14

kantutanTayo14

12th gen member

• Banned
  • 7540 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:05 PM

^
^
DMM may seem to be "Best of All-Stars" but current still has Aichan, Reina, & Risa holding the fort, & Riho+Fukuchan seem potentially promising

#52 chichi

chichi

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 233 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:07 PM

^True. Or maybe DMM will join H!P? (just a wish from my side)
Posted Image

#53 Sugaya Risako

Sugaya Risako

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2468 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:14 PM

I think the same. if dream momusu sells better than momusu momusu will disband

i sincerely hope it doesn't happen.

<p><p>Morning musume, amo vocês !!!!!! Mizukitty,obrigada por tudo, sentirei saudades!

#54 kantutanTayo14

kantutanTayo14

12th gen member

• Banned
  • 7540 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:18 PM

^Better scenario would be Dream absorbing current in, & it'll be named Morning Musume, with graduations (after Ai's) & additions indefinitely halted

#55 Nowhere Man

Nowhere Man

Mononofu 4 Life

• Senpai
  • 2108 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:19 PM

^ That'd be the real dream, actually

Posted Image

Signature made by MayaChanShiDae

#56 바니 「вσηкyυ」

바니 「вσηкyυ」

愛してる ジュンジュン ♥

• Senpai
  • 1456 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:24 PM

Okay~ here is the thing.

There is NO POSSIBLE WAY Morning Musume will disband if 'Dream Morning Musume' does well, even after Ai-chan graduates. One, it would be completely ridiculous on their part to disband a group that keeps on growing and changing. Two, um... 9th gen anyone? They're a force to be reckoned with and what MoMusu needs to be on top again. Three, why would they disband a group that made the members of 'Dream Morning Musume' what they are today? Nonsense.

Why not let then use the same name as the current group? They all came from Morning Musume, became OGs, still very active with MoMusu members. So I see no problem with there being any issue name wise.

Not to mention, can anyone say power house? Every member has an amazing singing ability~

Adding Koharu was a smart move even though she graduated a year ago~

So how about we focus more on how amazing this group is going to be instead of "OMG THEY'RE GOING TO OVERSHADOW CURRENT MORNING MUSUME!?"

Posted Image
sig made by haru™

nono:)bbz is my internet wife
Thank you so much for voting me JunJun's greatest fan in 2011 ♥ it means the world to me.

#57 sswishbone

sswishbone

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 6554 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:46 PM

For me this is part of a plan to get H!P back in arena for their super shows. Think on this, current MM, Dream MM, Berryz, C-ute, Mano, s/Mileage, Kikka. Then think on this current, Shin mini moni currently a trio, possible reunion with the original leader to have four? Tanpopo# currently a trio, possible reunion with johnson for a new quartet? Zoku Vyuden, currently a duo, possible return of Rika to make that a trio again? So right there you have full mini moni, Tanpopo and Vyuden to add to the ranks as well. 2012, there will be a super show in some arena I reckon.

#58 AdehhRR

AdehhRR

Converted Kanon-wota

• Senpai
  • 2906 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:56 PM

It is safe to say, I dont think theyll out do current MM.

#59 Verilian

Verilian

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1199 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:59 PM

I don't think they'll lead to the current MM disbanding - Dream MM is here to play old, nostalgic songs, and I think with Dream MM current MM will have the pressure of catering to its nostalgic fan-base eased so they can sing more new songs at concerts and go in different directions whereas Dream MM will give everyone the good ol' classic MM that everyone loves. I think it's a great idea. :) Besides, there are a lot of people who are interested in current MM who weren't into old MM, and vice-versa.

Mizuki, Rio // Ayano, Yuki // Rei, Ichika // Riko, Mao, Marine, Runo // Rika, Momohime

♥ Karin, Sakura, Mifu

#60 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:05 PM

Fantastic news. However its very hard to say how well they will do. UFA can get things so wrong its unbeliveable.

They clearly have the larger fanbase historically (compared to the more recent lineups). However that was quite a few years ago and many of these fans could of lost track completly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users