Photo

Internet Connection Speed Issues

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
78 replies to this topic

#41 Camui

Camui

Addicted To Hitomi

• Dai-Senpai
  • 584 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 02:36 AM

First of all what 'Bittorrent' client are you using ?

You may be firewalled. Do you have a firewall on your computer or a router?

What kind of connection do you have?

#42 vicemonitor

vicemonitor

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:24 AM

I am using BitComet

I do not have router.

How to detect whether i have firewall or not?

I am using a cable modern

#43 vicemonitor

vicemonitor

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:31 AM

i am connecting with 20 seeds..but the speed of downloading is only 1xkb/s..
anyone help?

#44 nyekobug

nyekobug

nyekobooger

• Senpai
  • 511 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:45 AM

Heh, from personal experience, connections to dcpoor have been really slow (like 0.1 k/sec), but thankfully he sticks around until the files are completed :]. I think he's trying to seed like 20+ torrents at once....

Which one are you trying to connect to that has 20 seeds?

Camui and I both think that you could be behind a firewall - do you have windows' firewall turned on (control panel -> network connections, see if your local area network connection says "firewalled"). If so, you will need to make an exception for your bitcomet port (you can find out what port bitcomet is using by going to bitcomet -> preferences -> connectin -> listen port) and put that in your windows exception list.

-nyekobug
1.95TB uploaded!!!! \^.^/ Unofficially in charge of the HM2000 reseed project. My favorites: infidelguy.com, Digitally Imported FM (my playlist), 2 the Ranting Gryphon and Opie and Anthony. Visit the 塊魂 (Katamari Damashii) message board too!

Server is offline pretty much indefinately for filesharing. Sakura beats my share ratio :(

#45 Camui

Camui

Addicted To Hitomi

• Dai-Senpai
  • 584 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:52 AM

http://forum.hello-o...E=02&f=7&t=2092
There is only one seed and five leechers.

#46 vicemonitor

vicemonitor

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:27 AM

Hello! Morning 2004-02-01 (0196).avi
it said i've connected to 23 seeds and 9x leechers..
but the speed is really slow. in average about 1x/kb...

#47 vicemonitor

vicemonitor

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:31 AM

Heh, from personal experience, connections to dcpoor have been really slow (like 0.1 k/sec), but thankfully he sticks around until the files are completed :]. I think he's trying to seed like 20+ torrents at once....

Which one are you trying to connect to that has 20 seeds?

Camui and I both think that you could be behind a firewall - do you have windows' firewall turned on (control panel -> network connections, see if your local area network connection says "firewalled"). If so, you will need to make an exception for your bitcomet port (you can find out what port bitcomet is using by going to bitcomet -> preferences -> connectin -> listen port) and put that in your windows exception list.

-nyekobug

What is the use of the port?

#48 Camui

Camui

Addicted To Hitomi

• Dai-Senpai
  • 584 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:12 PM

Which torrent are you trying to download?
This one? I think that is the one you mean. If so I don't see you on it.

Or this one?

Those are the only two torrents I could find on the tracker. If it is neither of those, please provide me a link.

What is a port.

Port Forwarding help

By the way, instead of double posting, you should just edit your first post if you have more to say. That way you don't get in trouble. ^_^

*edit* Hey, if that batch torrent is what you are downloading. An easy way for us to tell if you are firewalled, would be to install bittornado.
Download here.
It has a light system that lets you know if you are connecting properly. Green means good, yellow means firewalled. Status light info.

#49 nyekobug

nyekobug

nyekobooger

• Senpai
  • 511 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:22 PM

I was wondering about that too last night Camui. If anything, it should be the first one, but I don't even see vicemonitor on there. What I'm thinking - is that his IP doesn't match what the tracker is showing.

vicemonitor: go here and then go here and enter the IP address manually into your profile. It matters if your IP changes frequently.

On a side note, I wanna kick my isp - they changed my IP, after almost a YEAR of not doing so :\

By the way, instead of double posting, you should just edit your first post if you have more to say. That way you don't get in trouble. ^_^

Haha I was wondering if you'd notice it, luckily on this forum it doesn't count towards post totals, you doublepostwatcher you... :]

-nyekobug
1.95TB uploaded!!!! \^.^/ Unofficially in charge of the HM2000 reseed project. My favorites: infidelguy.com, Digitally Imported FM (my playlist), 2 the Ranting Gryphon and Opie and Anthony. Visit the 塊魂 (Katamari Damashii) message board too!

Server is offline pretty much indefinately for filesharing. Sakura beats my share ratio :(

#50 Camui

Camui

Addicted To Hitomi

• Dai-Senpai
  • 584 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:25 PM

Talk about out of the blue. You gonna call and tear into someone?

Heh, I would have something last night but I was tired. After sleeping I felt more energized and ready to teach. ^_^

#51 vicemonitor

vicemonitor

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 07:28 PM

yeah, this one
http://tracker.hello...llist=1#seeders

I am downloading that one of 196
I can not see my id on the list also...why?

There are about 20 seeds but i can only receive the file with very slow speed.

#52 Camui

Camui

Addicted To Hitomi

• Dai-Senpai
  • 584 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:25 PM

What I'm thinking - is that his IP doesn't match what the tracker is showing.

vicemonitor: go here and then go here and enter the IP address manually into your profile.  It matters if your IP changes frequently.

Did you try that yet? We think that may be why.

Out of curiousity what is your native language? ^_^

#53 vicemonitor

vicemonitor

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 08:37 PM

What I'm thinking - is that his IP doesn't match what the tracker is showing.

vicemonitor: go here and then go here and enter the IP address manually into your profile.� It matters if your IP changes frequently.

Did you try that yet? We think that may be why.

Out of curiousity what is your native language? ^_^

I'll try it tomorrow

I came from Hong Kong, a city in China, hope you know it ^_^
I speak Cantonese in daily life

If you cannot get my meaning sometimes, i am really sorry about that as my english is not that good. ^_^

#54 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 31 August 2005 - 09:13 PM

Dont worry about that we understand your English.

#55 Camui

Camui

Addicted To Hitomi

• Dai-Senpai
  • 584 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 03:57 AM

I'll try it tomorrow

I came from Hong Kong, a city in China, hope you know it :)
I speak Cantonese in daily life

If you cannot get my meaning sometimes, i am really sorry about that as my english is not that good. x_x

Ok, good. Make sure you let us know what happens. ^_^

Yes, I know of Hong Kong. :)
Oh, no! Your english is very good. So far I've understood you completely. :)
I was just curious. :D

#56 vicemonitor

vicemonitor

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 08:29 AM

Ive check my ip, but every time I refresh the page, the ip changes.
Is that mean I do not have a fixed ip?
So how do I put my IP into my profile?
Thanks a lot ^_^

#57 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 01 September 2005 - 05:46 PM

When your logged into the forum you ca nclick on your user name up near the top left corner. once you have you profile options up select EDIT MY PROFILE. Once your on that screen you ca nenter it on the very bottom.

#58 Camui

Camui

Addicted To Hitomi

• Dai-Senpai
  • 584 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 04:47 AM

What if I have a Firewall/NAT?
You can shift your ports to 6881-6999 for maximum download pleasure. If you would like to check your configuration of Firewall/NAT, u can use NatCheck

Quote taken from this post.

Adding your IP manually
Your bittorrent tracker gives "IP not registred" error message. Note this IP down and go to your profile on Hello!BBS forum and enter it manually as your IP.
Note : Also try adding your IP to "bind to local IP" in your bittorrent client's settings.

Your IP seems to change constantly, what now?
Go to the Hello! Tracker and get the nothing.txt torrent to find your current IP. Update this manually on your profile as explained under Adding your IP manually.
Note : After updating your IP you will have to download the torrents again over your previous versions or delete the old ones. By downloading them again they get assigned to your current IP. If you have allready downed a part of the file allready, don't worry, it will resume and not start over.

Those should help you some, I hope. ^_^

#59 vicemonitor

vicemonitor

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2005 - 08:44 PM

What if I have a Firewall/NAT?
You can shift your ports to 6881-6999 for maximum download pleasure. If you would like to check your configuration of Firewall/NAT, u can use NatCheck

Adding your IP manually
Your bittorrent tracker gives "IP not registred" error message. Note this IP down and go to your profile on Hello!BBS forum and enter it manually as your IP.
Note : Also try adding your IP to "bind to local IP" in your bittorrent client's settings.

Your IP seems to change constantly, what now?
Go to the Hello! Tracker and get the nothing.txt torrent to find your current IP. Update this manually on your profile as explained under Adding your IP manually.
Note : After updating your IP you will have to download the torrents again over your previous versions or delete the old ones. By downloading them again they get assigned to your current IP. If you have allready downed a part of the file allready, don't worry, it will resume and not start over.

Those should help you some, I hope. :good:

I have followed the steps , but i still cannot see my id on the list of particular torrent.

#60 Camui

Camui

Addicted To Hitomi

• Dai-Senpai
  • 584 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 06:33 AM

Your stats have updated a lot since I last looked at them. Especially the upload. :good:
UP/DL Ratio 2.00 [2170/1083]mb

In that case, I suggest sending haku a PM. When all else fails, we bring him in as a consultant. :lol: