• Please log in to reply
565 replies to this topic

#21 Cowboy Bebop

Cowboy Bebop

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 08:34 PM

^ Thanks for the correction. I was trying to go by memory rather than actually checking. :blush:

#22 kiwifruit

kiwifruit

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 264 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:12 PM

^^ Anna doesn't wear her glasses much when performing live. :P

I romanized the lyrics to 'Go On A Highway' and also included the wota chant/MIX from that Tokyo Idol Festival 2010 here!

I've also romanized the lyrics to a bunch of PASSPO's other songs here. :)

Please check out my PASSPO page! There's information on all the girls as well as some other stuff.:D

#23 Rice-chan

Rice-chan

Life is like Fishfingers and Custard: Oddly Satisfying

• Senpai
  • 1720 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:46 PM

^
cool thank you! :wub:

My favorite song from the album is also 'pretty lie' and 'let it go' :D
I think this group has so much potential, and their songs are exactly my music taste ^^

sd1ppf.png

+ My Tumblr! + My Graphics Thread +

#24 NeedMoreBuono!

NeedMoreBuono!

♪♫♡♡♫♡♡♡♪♫♡

• Senpai
  • 854 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:28 PM

^^ Anna doesn't wear her glasses much when performing live. :P

Yeah, too bad! She wore them during the Girls Pop Next performance, and she looked great with them.

Kiwifruit's blog is great, everyone should check it out. I'm dying for some English translations, though. I started trying to translate GPP, but I really don't know Japanese at all yet, so it's very slow going for me, and probably full of errors.

#25 qwiksXnd

qwiksXnd

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 281 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 05:55 AM

One question I have about them: do they sing live, or do they lip synch? In watching their performances, it seems to me that most if not all of the vocals are prerecorded. Maybe a few of the girls sing live and the rest lip synch? I don't really mind that much, because their dancing is very energetic and entertaining in its own right (love the choreography), and I can see how it would be really hard to sing well while doing all those moves.

Just popped in to answer this question... I've been following them for a while, and one of the first things I noticed was they always sing live. One of the many reasons why I really respect them. And they do an insane amount of live shows (you can see their schedule at http://passpo.jp/biography.html) in addition to a lot of in-store appearances (Tower, HMV, etc). I personally think their label works them way too hard.

I remember when I used to search "PASSPO" at every j-pop board I knew of and there would be 0 matches. They still aren't that popular but at least now practically ever jpop board has a thread for them :) . I made one for them a while ago:

PASSPO-the-only-pop-group-licensed-to-fly-spaceships

#26 qwiksXnd

qwiksXnd

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 281 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 06:08 AM

lalala.. lets just pretend this double post never happened :whistle:

#27 kiwifruit

kiwifruit

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 264 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:22 PM

NeedMoreBuono! aww thank you :)

qwiksXnd I even quoted you awhile back on my Passpo page! :D

NEW OUTFITS HAVE BEEN REVEALED!!!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

The girls look beautiful! I love these dresses and the heels (though it must be hard dancing around in them). I wonder what their 2 new songs will sound like.. those will be revealed this Sunday!

#28 NeedMoreBuono!

NeedMoreBuono!

♪♫♡♡♫♡♡♡♪♫♡

• Senpai
  • 854 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:36 AM

Why only 8 girls in those pictures...?

#29 Stellosphere

Stellosphere

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 688 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 05:23 AM

The outfits are pretty! ^_^ :good:

#30 shura-kun

shura-kun

Afilia Knight

• Senpai
  • 2661 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 07:53 AM

Why only 8 girls in those pictures...?

. w
EXACTLY... maybe the rest couldn't be there or something

well the dresses look very good but i'm not sure about this kind of clothes... assuming that new songs aren't much upbeat it might fit but for the rest of the songs i don't think so...

#31 anhh

anhh

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5584 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:35 PM

The 10-member idol unit PASSPO☆ held an event on Sunday to commemorate their upcoming major label debut. The cabin attendant-themed group will release a single called "Shoujo Hikou" on April 6 under the Universal J record label.

In addition to the single, PASSPO☆ announced that they will do a world tour later this year that includes the U.S. and some Asian countries.

Leader Ai Negishi (18) remarked that they hope to one day share the same stage as Korean group Shoujo Jidai, who are also signed with Universal.

The group started in January 2009 and has so far released four singles and one album. Their travel theme extends to their live events, and they have introduced a passport system through which fans can earn "mileage points" for participating in events.

#32 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:39 PM

damn no Europe mention :<
But still really excited for them =D
:coool:

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#33 NeedMoreBuono!

NeedMoreBuono!

♪♫♡♡♫♡♡♡♪♫♡

• Senpai
  • 854 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:03 PM

Wow, that is fantastic news! I hope they make it to the East Coast!

#34 Kyuta-kun

Kyuta-kun

送別。。

• Senpai
  • 3967 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 06:35 PM

Amazing news! It seems like a lot of J-pop groups are hitting America this year and stuff. (:

I bet they'll come to the West Cost, though. Everyone goes there. ):

Spoiler

★僕はアニメやゲームやアイドルが大好きなんだよ★

#35 kiwifruit

kiwifruit

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 264 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:33 PM

OOPS SORRY GUYS, I GUESS THOSE WEREN'T THE NEW OUTFITS AFTER ALL D:

I think these are.. and I'm disappointed because they don't look that nice to me :/ torn ripped denim + bright colours. I prefer their old uniform-style ones and those gorgeous beautiful dresses.

Posted Image

#36 Kyuta-kun

Kyuta-kun

送別。。

• Senpai
  • 3967 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 08:46 PM

Ripped denim and random colors don't seem to work for me. ;_;

The uniform clothes are better, yes.

★僕はアニメやゲームやアイドルが大好きなんだよ★

#37 shura-kun

shura-kun

Afilia Knight

• Senpai
  • 2661 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 09:17 PM

i like this

#38 kiwifruit

kiwifruit

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 264 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 11:15 PM

CLICK HERE! for details on PASSPO's 1st major debut single!!

There will be 11 versions! 10 are LIMITED. Click here for more details including photos of each cover! :D

I am so excited, happy and PROUD of PASSPO!!! :)

#39 Hollerama

Hollerama

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 127 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 01:37 AM

Wow! That's fabulous that they're going to a major label! I heard their album a few weeks ago and I was really impressed! Not to malign girl groups or anything (generally I love them!) but most of the girl groups that have debuted in the past few years have had seriously awful songs :wacko: Like, really bad. As if they only existed to sell bikini PBs and the songs are just afterthoughts :rolleyes: So when I listened to Passpo's album I was super happy! I honestly first got into idol groups for the songs.....so yeah. I hope they keep their awesome style even after they're not indies anymore!

#40 Kay

Kay

H!PxAKB

• Senpai
  • 1231 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:07 AM

Wow! This is such amazing news~ I just started listening to their new album a few days ago. I really enjoyed their music. I'm looking forward to their major label debut!

Kay

Posted Image
矢口真里真野恵里菜後藤真希藤本美貴新垣理沙

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users