Nickname: Yui (ゆい)
Birthdate: December 8, 1992
Birthplace: Kyoto
Height: 158cm
Bust: 74cm
Waist: 60cm
Hips: 86cm
Agency: AKS

Promoted to Team K in October 2010 after Ono Erena graduated in September 2010. Saw her a few times on Ariyoshi AKB Kyowakoku but didn't pay much attention to her then. Figured that Shimada would have been Ono's replacement with all the push she was getting at the time, but having seen her filling in for some A6 shows, in the PV for Team K's ALIVE (Chance no Junban c/w) and the Nemousu Macau Special, I can see why she was promoted.

Asking to get Myao, Sayaka and Mii's kanji if she bungee jumped in Macao was a bold move, but then she went and jumped with no hesitation or even a scream. Dare I say, it just raised her level above Nito's bungee jump? Definitely pushed her ahead of Sayaka, Myao and Mii, at least for that moment.

It seems kind of scary for someone to be getting this much screentime this soon, but being the first time I actually paid attention when someone became a member, I can't be too sure. Either way, from what I've seen, based on her effort, Yui definitely deserves it (more than some other girls who are mediocre and never seem to try hard but somehow get pushed like there's no tomorrow).

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

First picture changed to reflect her more current look.

#2 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 07:25 AM

Correct.

Yui is awesome.

And her Kyoto accent is adorably cute at times. <3

This is why AKB48's Kenkyuusei / Research Student system is so good: You go through many auditions all the time finding good candidates, and then you put them in the same situation as the already fully fledged members, and see how they do it (of course give them proper idol training too).

Those who don't cut it leaves, and those who are good remains. Those who are real good gets promoted. So many great members have been RS before, and Yui looks to be another one.

I like Yui a lot and she's entertaining, and I hope to continue to see more of her.

#3 熊⋆ichapyon×

熊⋆ichapyon×

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 4331 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 09:52 AM

*gasp* No one made a Yui thread?! Well, I'm glad now there's one!
I love her so much. I agree, there have been many great RS now members!

She really took me by surprise in the ALIVE PV! When I saw her I thought, "Why wasn't she promoted earlier?!"
She is extremely talented and overall awesome <3 And she is a well deserved 6th in my AKB rankings! She might possible go up though!

❝ j-trance
Posted Image
〖 voted greatest fan of kumai yurina & nagasawa wakana 2011 ♥ 〗 ××× set made by S-N-I-P-E-R

#4 YuzukoAria

YuzukoAria

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 119 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:40 AM

I love her Kyoto accent!!

and she is very talented~

#5 dev-null

dev-null

#1 Kinoshita Haruna Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 06:43 PM

I noticed her on Ariyoshi already. In fact she was the first Kenkyuusei I remembered the name of. I'm glad that Erena found a good and worthy replacement. :)

It also seems Yui gets pushed a lot, at least she appears everywhere already prominently.

signature3.png

#6 Max the Man

Max the Man

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 194 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:14 PM

^I wouldn't be surprised if Yui replaces Erepyon in regular senbatsu soon. She's already got a prominent role in Team K's stage and was one of the 5 front members for one of AKB's CM tie-ins. Maybe she'll be senbatsu in the 20th single~

#7 gryzze

gryzze

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1443 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 12:45 PM

Yui in Sata Andagi's new PV:

#8 anhh

anhh

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5584 posts

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:07 PM

From Young Magazine:

http://img187.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=70252_yy1_122_107lo.jpg http://img141.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=70258_yy2_122_254lo.jpg http://img241.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=70264_yy3_122_387lo.jpghttp://img237.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=70272_yy4_122_81lo.jpg

#9 droopy10

droopy10

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1267 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 12:54 AM

Does anyone know if she has been signed by OhtaPro yet? You figure she is in a sub-group with 3 members represented by OhtaPro that she would be apart of that agency.

#10 Alienpyon

Alienpyon

With MM till the wheels fall off!

• Senpai
  • 6842 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:06 PM

With this haircut, she reminds me of Ayumi Shibata. <3

Not so cool girl + haircut = Extra cool girl.

Amazing maths!

Miyoshi Erika, where are you? Posted Image

#11 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:47 AM

O o Didn't see the Shibata resemblance until now! I had been thinking Yajima Maimi. Good job! :good:

#12 Mei.ka~

Mei.ka~

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2211 posts

Posted 15 May 2011 - 03:50 AM

Does anyone know if she has been signed by OhtaPro yet? You figure she is in a sub-group with 3 members represented by OhtaPro that she would be apart of that agency.

Well, this is kind of a late response, but I didn't really follow this thread before. Heck, I haven't even seen this thread until now. ^^;
Anyways, she's the only one represented by the talent agency AKS. I find that odd, as well, but oh well, what can ya do?

VwvggPK.jpg
Avatar and Signature by Me ~I love cheese! X3~"
Graphics Thread

#13 goratnik

goratnik

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1187 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 06:55 PM

Her hair on first photo reminds me of Ktulu.

Whoever chose cutscenes for Shoujotachi Yo, he liked Yui and (both) Minegishi - so awesome! Yui after all got into my favourites, thought she was close, when I found a note that she likes programming. Idol girl just for nerds? APPROVED! :good:
I'd write more, but have to save fuel for more posts - her thread shouldn't be in any way one-paged! :w00t:

Posted Image

#14 goratnik

goratnik

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1187 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 03:30 PM

I like how she looks in EXILE Tamashii, as well as has some interesting screentime in performances. Does she substitute Acchan here, at least in Heavy Rotation?

(Finally a reason to push thread up!)

Posted Image

#15 goratnik

goratnik

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1187 posts

Posted 26 August 2011 - 03:04 AM

(Keeping thread up, again alone.)

Yui recently centered Flying Get on AKBINGO!. Great, I just like Akimoto's (wait, is that his decision for sure?) choice of backup/alternative centers (except for Itano on Tamashii, but forget this).

By the way: could anyone seed again (LIVE) AKB48 101027 K6 Yokoyama Yui's Promotion (1920x1080p H264).mp4 ? File died.

Posted Image

#16 Tony Oguri

Tony Oguri

Connoisseur of Fine Ladies

• Senpai
  • 2385 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:25 PM

I don't know how reliable this is.... but it sure does sound good for Yui :wub:

http://blog.livedoor...s/53776075.html

ym.jpg

World's greatest and #1 fan of Oguri Yui, Yahagi Moeka, and Chiba Erii.

#17 goratnik

goratnik

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1187 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:36 PM

Something about center in two years...? Sorry, I completely don't understand conclusions.

Posted Image

#18 hitoyou

hitoyou

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1412 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 09:42 PM

YUUUUIIIIIIIIIIII <3

eehhh Yokoyama as new center? She is truly a wonderful person... but i believe it when Aki-P tells us how it will be.

#19 Noriega

Noriega

モデル大好き

• Senpai
  • 2961 posts

Posted 07 April 2012 - 01:52 AM

Yuihan Jumping!
Posted Image

ニローニ!!!!!!!!!!!!(nirooni)
Posted Image

#20 Suicchin_

Suicchin_

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 21 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

Oh my, how I love Yui.

Her voice is really great, and her kyoto accent is cute.
I really like how she performs with "Not Yet" (the sub unit she shares with Yuko,Rie,etc). Although she doesnt show it,shes full of energy and you can see she puts her best effort on stage.

There are lots more reason why I like her! But Ill put them soon so that the topic stays active(?

♥[Tumblr]♥[DeviantArt]♥[Twitter]♥
Posted Image
x Minami T.{Team A}Sayaka A.{Team K}Mariko S. {Team A}Tomomi I. {Team K}
Mayuyu W. {Team B}Yagami Kumi{Team S} Jurina M.{Team S}Rena M{Team S}. ♥ Haruna K.{Team A} x

The whole Universe is a scary place to be so for at least a little while, will you live with me in my world?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users