• Please log in to reply
19175 replies to this topic

#18581 AmaSusE

AmaSusE

チーム はるちゃん

• Senpai
  • 6315 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 10:56 AM

^ The question remains whether she herself wants to be involved full time with BM. For now, as a life long Rihoriho fan, it simply feels amazing to not only see her again already but in such a high profile act,too. Feeling very spoiled :)

6DYNteh.png

#18582 Leon_santillan1980

Leon_santillan1980

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 94 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 06:03 PM

this is Bm featuring Sayahi Riho

#18583 JPope

JPope

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 300 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 08:41 PM

I would love it if Riho was added to BM as a permanent member. She would immediately become the most successful ex-Musume.

#18584 Ahornbjörn

Ahornbjörn

Forever Sayashi

• Senpai
  • 3199 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 08:45 PM

https://twitter.com/...531270832594944

1:50m solo fancam  :w00t:

tumblr_ptz9qlcOz61tnos68o1_400.gif

Some of the best Glastonbury dance moments. https://youtu.be/RU2amp_cROs?t=63

D-XjjdkXsAAez6u.jpg
https://twitter.com/...1713025/photo/1

♡ Sayashi is Hi(gh) love,Sayashi is Hi(gh) life ♪
kaediirihometal38486kz2.png
りほ, りほ Password is りほ ♪

#18585 specktater

specktater

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 154 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 03:00 AM

The heavy metal press is also curious about her.

#18586 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 06:50 AM

The reaction in the metal world has been pretty cool, oonsidering Babymetal's total lack of info they've provided..................of course, WE think of Riho as famous, almost legend-like but to them she's a total mystery girl.

As far as her staying, I don't really see it.  This is a great opportunity but I don't see Riho saying to herself, "yeah, THIS is what I've been really wanting to do."  Unless, of course, the money is so good you can't say no.

#18587 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 10:24 AM

The only way I personally think that she would consider signing on to even a semi-permanent role in the future is if she's given contractual assurances that her position would almost universally be that as a purely dance-focused member and that she's never put into a position of being the hype girl for the group. I'll admit that I don't put concrete value to the discoveries one makes of themselves in their early 20s. With that, I expect that the goals she set for herself are still dynamic enough that she could change her mind from what she said in her 20th anniversary interview, particularly once she gets another taste of that life. She may presently have no intent to commit herself beyond just making some more appearances as a rotating member for a little bit, but without all of the same pressures she had in Morning Musume for pretty much her entire 9th gen tenure, she may find out that she enjoys this more. If she's provided some dance breaks to really show off on stage, that would be as much as I think she would really expect with the ability to feel some kind of fulfillment, and more importantly, not being sold as some type of ace with the weight of the group resting on her shoulders.

As for whether or not Baby Metal in particular is something she'd have ever really seen for herself, I wouldn't be surprised if the group just ended up being something easy to discuss with friends while she was in NY. The j-fan landscale in the US may be full of anime and video game otaku, but it's pretty barren for modern music outside of a very few big names that happen to break through the noise into more of a mainstream/internet recognition. Utada, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, Perfume, Baby Metal, 48/46g, and not much else these days. At a dance school in New York while you're still learning English, I imagine Baby Metal would have just been a very easy topic for friends to discuss, particularly with Riho's own insight to Japan's entertainment industry, ash, etc. She could have ended up becoming a hardcore fan really fast if that were the case, through the same exposure and discussion that takes in a lot of wota. If that were the case, I can imagine the excitement and jealousy of those friends right now.  :lol:

#18588 emanc

emanc

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 276 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 12:32 PM

She needs to be really fit for the upcoming tour. Just look at BABYMETAL'S tour schedule.

28th Jun Yokohama Arena 29th Jun Yokohama Arena 30th Jun Glastonbury, UK 2nd Jul Brixton, London, UK 6th Jul Portmesse Nagoya 7th Jul Portmesse Nagoya 4th Aug Super Slippa 10, Taiwan 16th Aug Summer Sonic Osaka 17th Aug Summer Sonic Tokyo 4th Sep Orlando, FL 6th Sep Atlanta, GA 8th Sep Washington, DC 11th Sep Boston, MA 13th Sep Philadelphia, PA 15th Sep New York, NY 18th Sep Detroit, MI 20th Sep Chicago, IL 21st Sep Saint Paul, MN 23rd Sep Kansas City, MO 24th Sep Dallas, TX 27th Sep Denver, CO 28th Sep Salt Lake City, UT 30th Sep Las Vegas, NV 1st Oct Tempe, AZ 4th Oct San Francisco, CA 11th Oct The Forum, CA 13th Oct Aftershock festival, CA 15th Oct Portland, OR 16th Oct Seattle, WA

Nov 16th Saitama Super Arena Nov 17th Saitama Super Arena Nov 20th Osaka Jo Hall Nov 21st Osaka Jo Hall

Feb 3rd Fryhuset – Stockholm, Sweden Feb 4th Sentrum Scene – Oslo, Norway Feb 5th Vega Main Hall – Copenhagen, Denmark Feb 8th Große Freiheit 36 – Hamburg, Germany Feb 9th Élysée Montmartre – Paris, France Feb 11th Gasometer – Vienna, Austria Feb 13th Carlswerk Victoria – Cologne, Germany Feb 14th Huxleys – Berlin, Germany Feb 16th AB – Brussels, Belgium Feb 17th 013 – Tilburg, Netherlands Feb 19th Barrowland – Glasgow, UK Feb 20th The Great Hall – Cardiff, UK Feb 22nd O2 Apollo – Manchester, UK Feb 23rd Eventim Apollo – London, UK Feb 26th House of Culture – Helsinki, Finland Feb 28th M1 – St Petersburg, Russia Mar 1st Adrenaline Stadium – Moscow, Russia

She would get to travel a lot though.

#18589 Ahornbjörn

Ahornbjörn

Forever Sayashi

• Senpai
  • 3199 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 03:10 PM

from her first perf on sat.

https://sp.nicovideo...atch/sm35327926

tumblr_pttl1wGaTU1tnos68o8_500.gif

りほ, りほ Password is りほ ♪

#18590 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 03:18 PM

With all of Riho's exposure in both the Japanese and Western media, Amuse has to say something soon right?  I know they explained the whole "Three Avengers" concept at the Yokohama shows, but the general public doesn't know that.  I truly believe they misjudged Riho's ability and popularity based of the reception at Glastonbury.

epwHFX3.jpg?1

Oshi's:  MM'19:  野中美希, Angerme:  室田瑞希, J=J:  植村 あかり, Country Girls:  山木梨沙

Kobushi Factory: 和田 桜子, Tsubaki Factory:  小野瑞歩, BEYOOOOONDS:  江口紗耶

All time favorites:  後藤 真希, 藤本 美貴, 矢口真里, 鞘師里保, 矢島 舞美, 清水 佐紀

#18591 JPope

JPope

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 300 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 05:33 PM

I truly believe they misjudged Riho's ability and popularity based of the reception at Glastonbury.

It might just be that whomever performed at Glastonbury was going to get this much attention because, Glastonbury. It's a huge event. There's a reason they chose Riho to perform there, though, and I'm guessing it's because they trusted her to do well at such a major event.

#18592 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 05:38 PM

I truly believe they misjudged Riho's ability and popularity based of the reception at Glastonbury.

It might just be that whomever performed at Glastonbury was going to get this much attention because, Glastonbury. It's a huge event. There's a reason they chose Riho to perform there, though, and I'm guessing it's because they trusted her to do well at such a major event.

Good point, plus it was a smart move on their part to have footage from the 2nd Yokohama show as part of the official Papaya MV to showcase Kano.  Much speculation still abounds which is part of the plan I'm sure lol

epwHFX3.jpg?1

#18593 iwabo

iwabo

♥ 広瀬じゅり ♥

• Senpai
  • 3531 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 05:46 PM

Amuse has to say something soon right?

That's not how things work with BM at all. The past years have shown they talk about almost nothing. It took them like more than a year to say something about Yui's absence and that only happened because of huge backlash from fans. They didn't even bother announcing it before the US tour back then. Riho's existence is not going to be acknowledged by BM until the lore allows it. It's very stupid but that's unfortunately part of being their fan. The manager's vision is...something.

PSTLUtK.jpg

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

#18594 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 06:10 PM

Amuse has to say something soon right?

That's not how things work with BM at all. The past years have shown they talk about almost nothing. It took them like more than a year to say something about Yui's absence and that only happened because of huge backlash from fans. They didn't even bother announcing it before the US tour back then. Riho's existence is not going to be acknowledged by BM until the lore allows it. It's very stupid but that's unfortunately part of being their fan. The manager's vision is...something.

Yeah I've never been a fan of their lore and it kind of bit them in the butt last year with all the 7 chosen stuff and the weird costumes.  They've had a really positive reception to everything that's happened in the past week or so, I'm seeing them in October so they got me interested again!  :)

epwHFX3.jpg?1

#18595 jigenbakuda

jigenbakuda

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 385 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 07:23 PM

Baby Metal is coming to Orlando in a short while. I am planning on attending the event. Is it even possible for me to find out if Rihoriho will be there on that date (or some other subbed out dancer), or is it all shrouded in mystery? 

Morning Musume - Sato Masaki (佐藤優樹) Haga Akane (羽賀朱音 ) 

Fukumura Mizuki (譜久村聖) - 聖そういうのじゃないもん… Oda Sakura (小田さくら) - フェロモン・ディーヴァ 笑うだけではダメ

Angerme - Murota Mizuki (室田瑞希) Kawamura Ayano (川村文乃) Ise Layla (伊勢鈴蘭)

Kobushi Factory - Hamamura Ayano (浜浦彩乃) Tsubuki Factory - Kishimoto Yumeno (岸本ゆめの)

If you enjoy the music of Hello!Project, join me as I dissect individual songs on my blog, The Tasogare Touch.

#18596 Ahornbjörn

Ahornbjörn

Forever Sayashi

• Senpai
  • 3199 posts

Posted 02 July 2019 - 09:37 PM

she's also in Brixton

https://twitter.com/...154851757252609

https://cdn.discorda...455632896_n.png

https://cdn.discorda...0702-WA0010.mp4

りほ, りほ Password is りほ ♪

#18597 thisname

thisname

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 July 2019 - 07:06 PM

Seen RihoRiho in Brixton last night.  She done really well, I shouted ganbare RihoRiho only a few times. :gitaa:

Posted Image

#18598 rcb2418

rcb2418

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 640 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 06:48 AM

The only way I personally think that she would consider signing on to even a semi-permanent role in the future is if she's given contractual assurances that her position would almost universally be that as a purely dance-focused member and that she's never put into a position of being the hype girl for the group. I'll admit that I don't put concrete value to the discoveries one makes of themselves in their early 20s. With that, I expect that the goals she set for herself are still dynamic enough that she could change her mind from what she said in her 20th anniversary interview, particularly once she gets another taste of that life. She may presently have no intent to commit herself beyond just making some more appearances as a rotating member for a little bit, but without all of the same pressures she had in Morning Musume for pretty much her entire 9th gen tenure, she may find out that she enjoys this more. If she's provided some dance breaks to really show off on stage, that would be as much as I think she would really expect with the ability to feel some kind of fulfillment, and more importantly, not being sold as some type of ace with the weight of the group resting on her shoulders.

As for whether or not Baby Metal in particular is something she'd have ever really seen for herself, I wouldn't be surprised if the group just ended up being something easy to discuss with friends while she was in NY. The j-fan landscale in the US may be full of anime and video game otaku, but it's pretty barren for modern music outside of a very few big names that happen to break through the noise into more of a mainstream/internet recognition. Utada, Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, Perfume, Baby Metal, 48/46g, and not much else these days. At a dance school in New York while you're still learning English, I imagine Baby Metal would have just been a very easy topic for friends to discuss, particularly with Riho's own insight to Japan's entertainment industry, ash, etc. She could have ended up becoming a hardcore fan really fast if that were the case, through the same exposure and discussion that takes in a lot of wota. If that were the case, I can imagine the excitement and jealousy of those friends right now.  :lol:

She could've very easily been a fan since before.

#18599 Kurolivier

Kurolivier

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 374 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 12:49 PM

Well, she's a generation mate of Suzuka at Hiroshima's actor school

#18600 Fall

Fall

Dating Scandal Apologist

• Senpai
  • 1745 posts

Posted 04 July 2019 - 01:21 PM

I just meant for the "hardcore" to be the more operative word in that situation. H!P members have quite varied interests in music outside of the content under the UF umbrella, so I imagine that there were already quite a few baby metal fans as well, Riho being the more likely among them because of her connections. The rest of the thought was mostly just speculative in how her interest could have been strengthened after leaving MM'15.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users