• Please log in to reply
19175 replies to this topic

#18401 honeyharunanfan

honeyharunanfan

Just a bookworm

• Senpai
  • 1583 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 04:32 PM

Rather disappointing. Seems like H!P is having a clearance before the year ends... On the other hand, at least there are some news about her, and maybe signing with a different company would be better in the long run. I wish Riho all the best! 

I8dtEOy.gif

#18402 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 06:29 PM

http://blog-project....slations/268478

#18403 SailorKame

SailorKame

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 875 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 07:44 PM

weird that UFP never tried to do anything with her when they still had her under contract... I'm sure she'll do well whatever path she decides to follow.

#18404 Laharle

Laharle

ラブ・ミー・チェーン

• Senpai
  • 4437 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 08:29 PM

I wouldn't say they didn't try. We really don't know all details and Riho seemed pretty much over everything when she graduated. I can see her staying in H!P either because she was uncertain (and what was the damage if she was studying elsewhere doing her thing) and because management asked her to. One thing was leaving abruptly as it happened while still being in H!P, now if she graduated the other way the blow would have been worse at that time? Idk

I feel she is doing the right thing. I was sure she was never returning to H!P somehow. I'm not sure and maybe she isn't either how she will apply her new dancing skills. I can see her returning somewhere as a dancing coach, who knows.

竹内朱莉 小田さくら

#18405 beyooooonk

beyooooonk

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1220 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 01:10 AM

I'm surprised we even got a message from Riho. The three years of official radio silence kinda led me to believe that when she ended things with the agency, we would only be hearing from UFP. As for why she was still a part of the agency and on the H!P website despite her absence, I think that was just for a just-in-case measure due to UFP's desperation and Riho's possible indecision as she found her true passion elsewhere- like if she had an insane culture shock in NY or something, and wanted to return after all after just a needed health break a la Manaka (although... Manaka did leave the agency didn't she?).

Posted Image

#18406 vplpro

vplpro

#1 Ai-chan fan & Sakura's father wannabe

• Senpai
  • 2855 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 02:39 AM

Although I'm a bit disappointed but that's expected.  On the other hand it might be a good decision for her moving forward since I have NO expectation with UF groups able to bring her any further.  She might just ended up as just another OG disappearing gradually...  I wish my Riho can find a better agency and returns on the stage once again.

YAY~My unofficial H!P unit - by V Project 

YAY~ "official" blog  YAY~@tumblr
~ V's family ~
Wife: Classified  Daugther: Sakura, Riho  Twin sister: Yuu-chan  Cousin: Ai-chan

#18407 jonski111

jonski111

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 226 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 03:31 AM

Not gonna lie. this made me bit depressed...but ive always knew Riho will pull a kamei move.

#18408 rihosoup

rihosoup

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 03:41 AM

at the time i felt like keeping her on the website was more an act of fan service than riho actually ever joining activities again, lol.  as a forever riho oshi it was somewhat of a comfort to still see it there.  i miss her!  h!p is near and dear to my heart, but for rihoriho's career goals moving to another agency might be the best move (if that's something she ends up choosing down the road). so glad we got to hear from her thooooo.

#18409 Pelouse

Pelouse

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 05:11 AM

Well at least something is HAPPENING lol. We have been waiting so long for some news.

I totally expect her to go the Meimi way now .. (or maybe it's only wishful thinking)

#18410 darkvision

darkvision

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 487 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 06:06 AM

It makes me wonder what Riho's dreams might be that she has to leave UFP. She said that she still wants to sing, dance, and act but perhaps she doesn't want the idol life style anymore. Sounds like she wants to do more stage performance which might be outside of UFP's reach. Well hopefully she can perform again and show her improvements from NY.

#18411 mizukingdom1

mizukingdom1

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1060 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 08:01 AM

I'm so sad. I really wanted a come back...  :sob:

If she came back she would've killed it. She would have god tier dancing, be able to speak english and hopefully her voice had healed since then.  :(

I just hope this isn't the end for her  <3

#18412 csxcsxcsx

csxcsxcsx

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1252 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 09:41 AM

Well at least something is HAPPENING lol. We have been waiting so long for some news.

I totally expect her to go the Meimi way now .. (or maybe it's only wishful thinking)

seems to me like riho just does not wants this kind of lifestyle anymore, had meimi been treated the same way as riho i bet meimi would still be with up front.

#18413 hallowen

hallowen

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 156 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 01:43 PM

i think riho is still at upfront like other OG, just she is not in hip anymore.

#18414 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1650 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 02:37 PM

I wonder if she dislikes being treated as the ace of the group during her tenure.

It must have been stressful at the same time, given she isn't exactly the best or most stable vocalist out there, but having to chalk up at least 50% of every single.

But you can tell that she isn't just suited being an idol as she matures.

I think she just want to be more of an artist, just performing without restrictions or an idol tag attach.

#18415 Sceila

Sceila

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 384 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 02:48 PM

At least hearing that she still wants to perform makes me happy.

I'll support her whatever path she chooses, but being able to cheer her on once again would be amazing <3 If she chooses to go the Meimi path, that's a great decision. I mean, look at how Meimi has progressed ever since leaving the agency.

鞘師里保 kami oshi

北川莉央

#18416 DarkLaharl

DarkLaharl

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 719 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 04:51 PM

Definitely think it is not a good idea for her to stay in H!P anyways, dont see any possible growth for her in H!P anymore. But I still loved the colourful era : / Although it is possible for her to just not be in the idol scene, as she maybe did not enjoy the idol life (maybe), but I have always wished for her to be in a fairies-esque group, my RihoxMomoka dream TT. Or if she want to be in a more artistic direction, something like FLOWER. Elina Mizuno shined so brightly despite being just a performer, would love to see Riho in those shoes if she did not want to have all the pressure in singing (but I do miss her singing)

But ultimately, as long as she's happy, i guess i can live off past Momusu videos TT 

島舞美  鈴木 愛理  鞘師里保  中西香菜

Stan SF9. Stan Pentagon.

Stan Personality. Stan Talent. If you are offended by an idol for dating, you have no rights to say "I stan them for talent"

Quoting Angerme

"The people at the top of popularity ranking. We have no obligations to like them. We rely on our tastes. What's wrong with it?"

#18417 Kurolivier

Kurolivier

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 374 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 04:58 PM

I think it's actually a Meimei case, with her wishes not being in the best hands if she stayed within Up Front and the agency letting her go with no hard feelings on each part.

#18418 timekiller001^

timekiller001^

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 699 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 09:38 PM

Nope, her contract with Up Front has ended.

#18419 ergreenlimes

ergreenlimes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1887 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 12:28 AM

I was really surprised anyone thought she would come back in any meaningful capacity so soon after her graduation. After all, she graduated to focus on studying abroad. Other than Chinami most of the talents who have done that step away from the spotlight at least for a while. Maybe she thought she'd come back after graduating school, renewed her contract, and then just decided she liked anonymity better for now so she didn't renew? I bet she's one like Sayaka, Asuka, Asami, or Aya who goes media silence for a while, returns for some side project (mommy blogging, another band, etc.), and then eventually gets back into the H!P fold for reunions a decade down the line.

My H!P Blog: Midori's J-pop overanylizations please visit it.

#18420 One and Only

One and Only

3rd gen member

• Banned
  • 330 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 03:18 AM

Not sure why she's takin' dance lessons in NY. She's already 1 of the best dancers I know. I know that. Especially cos I usually do her MM dances. What else does she really have to learn?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users