#18342 ryu_uchida

ryu_uchida

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 868 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 07:23 PM

^

The people who have changed the history of Morning Musume - #3

Matsuoka Mayu: It's the person who can be said as the reason for Morning Musume's resurgence -- Sayashi Riho! 

Someone: Rihoriho!

MM: Happy birthday!!

Murakami Shingo: Happy birthday! Although I didn't know about it...

Oomori Seiko: Sayashi Riho, happy birthday!

MS: So from that point on it was Sayashi Riho who pulled the group?

MM: Of course the other members... this was a period with a lot of young members coming in and they all contributed but without her we wouldn't be talking about Morning Musume now.

Hyadain: She's Matsuoka-san's sole oshi.

MM: That's right. The reason why I got into Morning Musume is...

Panel: (talking amongst themselves)

MM: Are you guys listening?!

Panel: (laughs)

Someone: What are her charms?

MM: She had overwhelming dancing ability and she practiced her singing and got better and better but she still didn't have any confidence. In a way, this gave her this sense of anguish about her. For female idols, this sense of anguish is incredibly important.

Panel: (some surprise/confusion)

MS: How about Nicole?

Fujita Nicole: I know of her. I watched her. She's cute... super cute.

The musical revolution that Sayashi Riho brought about

Hyadain: Because of her dancing skills, she was able to pull everyone and this brought about the change to EDM.

MS: So here they suddenly switched genres?

H: Exactly. 

Yokoyama You: What would this generation be?

MM: I personally call it the "New Century."

Hyadain: There are also people who call it the "EDM Generation."

(after the PI0 video showcasing the appeals of formation dance)

Takahashi Shigeo: Great! Cool!

Furuta Arata: How unfortunate that Sayashi has left... I wish I could have known more about her when she was active.

MS: Nicole, you're familiar with this period too?

FN: That's right. I would sing this at karaoke and such.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tsunku's thoughts on how Sayashi elevated the overall performance of Morning Musume

"In the history of Morning Musume, there's probably no member who would have a higher average score in terms of singing, dancing, expression, and character than Sayashi. In terms of just singing or just in terms of character, there are other members who would be higher, but with dancing as her weapon, and with good singing ability as well as voice quality, Sayashi is at the very top. With her presence, we were able to move into a new genre. However, it's not that we changed because she came... With members graduating and members joining, we thought of the highest performance possible for that generation and came up with the music. With Sayashi's break through dancing, those who couldn't dance would look bad. So in order to prevent this, we thought of choreography that would make it seem like they were dancing even though they were not. With this, the the focus wouldn't be on good or bad dancers. And so we were able to create a situation where the whole group itself looked good."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Related things:

Not sure about now but Sayashi was at one point #6 on Yahoo

Spoiler

Oomori Seiko and musician Pierre Nakano tweeted Sayashi's name during the broadcast and fans noticed that Hayashida Mahiro of Fairies liked both tweets.

Spoiler

Finally, there seems to have been a mention of the phrase "All Sayashi" during the broadcast. I can't find any clear context but some fans are happily pushing it as a new catchphrase while others are quite angry/bitter about it. I guess we'll just have to wait for a full upload of the show to find out.

Spoiler

#18343 SailorKame

SailorKame

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 875 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:34 PM

man, Matsuoka Mayu (and Sasshi) are the ones keeping MM's name out there in the entertainment world... Hope we get a full translation of this show.

#18344 Snipey

Snipey

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 9188 posts

Posted 17 June 2018 - 09:41 PM

He said it twice and still there was no response from the guests and hosts until the end where they mentioned the performance. Idk I found it funny no one said anything the first time. XD

#18345 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 02:07 AM

@ryu_uchida Thanks for the translations as always

#18346 ryu_uchida

ryu_uchida

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 868 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 08:11 AM

^

My pleasure, core2quad. Thank you for finding and posting the links here!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

32:18~

After Furuta Arata says again how it is regretful that Sayashi left so early as he wanted to have seen more of her, Matsuoka explains that people shouldn't discount the current members as they have all taken the mantle of Sayashi and, to an extent, have reached her level of dancing. Takahashi Shigeo reacts to this by saying "All Sayashi." Matsuoka continues by explaining that all the members' talents and characteristics that were previously hidden behind Riho's super ace status have come out and so people shouldn't take their eyes of the group just because Sayashi is gone. Takahashi then repeats the phrase "All Sayashi."

From what I could gather by reading tweets by fans, some have taken the phrase as somewhat of an insult because it suggests that all the other members are just following in Riho's footsteps or that it's unfair to say that Riho = all the other members.

33:00~

Hyadain: In addition to what Matsuoka has just said, it's not only Morning Musume but the other groups like Angerme and Juice=Juice as well. Because of Sayashi's influence and such, the entirety of H!P has improved its level of dancing/performance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From Ashida Taro, former producer/director of the Kanjam show:

"Three years ago, it was Morning Musume who I was last in-charge of for the show. Indeed, the professionalism of the entire group was the real deal but Sayashi's stoicism surpassed the rest. I'm reminded of the fact that only her aura was different. And this is a given, of course, but everyone has matured compared to that time."

"And it is as Matsuoka says, Sayashi did indeed have that sense of anguish about her even at that time. I was a H!P newbie then but just one glance and I already thought, 'Doesn't it seem that Sayashi's overwhelmingly high-grade performance is making her an outcast in the group?' So I wondered whether her sorrow was a result of that."

Sayashi reached as high as #4 on the Twipple celebrity rankings last night.

Spoiler

#18347 ryu_uchida

ryu_uchida

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 868 posts

Posted 18 June 2018 - 06:28 PM

From the Wani Books twitter account:

"The Morning Musume 20th Anniversary official book will be on sale tomorrow. Learn about Nacchi's way of living via the strength of an idol, feel the energy behind Gocchin's existence, shed tears on Sayashi's decision, be convinced by Nakasawa-san's words, see the future with the current generation, and, above all else, feel Tsunku-san's love."

The Riho-focused parts would seem to be from pages 103-108.

Df-pWdrVMAAILXu.jpg

#18348 rcb2418

rcb2418

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 640 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 12:46 AM

From the Wani Books twitter account:

"The Morning Musume 20th Anniversary official book will be on sale tomorrow. Learn about Nacchi's way of living via the strength of an idol, feel the energy behind Gocchin's existence, shed tears on Sayashi's decision, be convinced by Nakasawa-san's words, see the future with the current generation, and, above all else, feel Tsunku-san's love."

The Riho-focused parts would seem to be from pages 103-108.

Df-pWdrVMAAILXu.jpg

I wonder if this means she will no longer return to show business or maybe she has decided to have her own dance troupe like Megumi from C-ute.

#18349 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 19 June 2018 - 12:40 PM

No OGs and RihoRiho today in tour final 1st day  :(

---

Some pages of Sayashi Riho in the Morning Musume. 20th Anniversary official book

SIeM5d6.jpg
Spoiler

http://matsuri.5ch.n...fee/1529067799/
https://matsuri.5ch....fee/1529383155/

#18350 Cio'24

Cio'24

ಥ⌣ಥ Aika and Zukki duet you say? ಥ⌣ಥ

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 08:08 AM

Any summaries or translations on what Sayashi's section in the book says? I gots to know!

o0480048013035591857_zps5cb9e10b.jpg

#18351 ryu_uchida

ryu_uchida

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 868 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 05:47 PM

^^

"It's been two years since my graduation, and in that time I have turned 20 while the Morning Musume that I love celebrates its 20th anniversary. To have been given this chance... thank you so much!"

And so for the first time since her graduation, Sayashi Riho tells her story.

Having no regrets about the graduation

"Yes. The 20-year-old me that I imagined then exists in me right now. That is why I have no regrets."

With those feelings within you, your activities from here on out

"After my graduation, I went abroad to study foreign languages, dance, among others. However, I am thinking of further improving my skills abroad once again. I think that my abilities are nowhere near enough so I want to persevere in mastering dance to my satisfaction. Also, I feel that I have matured emotionally and mentally a bit so now I am able to think of various paths for myself. This is just an example, but becoming a dance instructor is one of those paths. I am currently exploring many different possibilities."

#18352 Rihoriho~

Rihoriho~

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 186 posts

Posted 20 June 2018 - 09:59 PM

To be able to see Riho again is definitely the best thing that happened this year in H!P for me. Hearing some news from her is a blessing too. I do hope we'll be able to see her perform again anytime soon in H!P or in another place :)

-20 ==> ChisaMai fic.

-Unrequited ==> SayaIshi fic

-Unrequited II ==> SayaIshi fic

-The Sayashi Contest ==> to Riho's glory

-Home Sweet Home ==> SayaIshi fic

#18353 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 05:41 AM

^^ Thanks for the translations

#18354 wahodes

wahodes

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 565 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 01:49 PM

Wow thanks for translating. It's nice to hear a bit about what she's been thinking of, how she's challenging herself and setting goals. I'm guessing going abroad again means she won't be making a comeback? Honestly I just want her to blog and make an instagram or something...

Sayashi Riho ★  13ki  Oda Sakura  Akiyama Mao  Danbara Ruru  Kiyono Momohime 

#18355 beyooooonk

beyooooonk

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1220 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 01:59 PM

Oh goodness I'm happy to hear she's thriving and I think the goal of becoming a dance instructor is attainable is a perfect path for her. When you have a passion for something like she does, it's great to be able to become skilled enough to train those wanting learn. She can continue dancing without having the constant pressure to perform.

Posted Image

#18356 XFER

XFER

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1249 posts

Posted 22 June 2018 - 07:06 PM

Imagine if she came back after furthering her studies, and becomes Momusu's dance instructor! That'd be sweet :)

MRkgm6i.png

#18357 RihoZukki

RihoZukki

Rare RihoxKanon Shipper

• Senpai
  • 756 posts

Posted 23 June 2018 - 10:07 PM

We literally predicted what she was thinking about doing omg

de62ax6-a6d8a439-a469-4885-bc30-ca72a342 

Check out new fanfiction: You want it? Say So..

#18358 ryu_uchida

ryu_uchida

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 868 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 09:01 AM

More assessments of Sayashi from the H!P official book:

Takahashi Ai

MM relied too heavily on Sayashi.

Michishige Sayumi

(about MM being evaluated as great in many aspects) 

The fact that Sayashi was there in the center was huge.

Nakazawa Yuko

(to Sayashi)

Thank you for having raised MM up to this level.

Kudo Haruka

Sayashi was absolutely beyond reach.

Iikubo Haruna

I find the OGs who have graduated because they were able to do all that they could in MM amazing. This would be a difficult goal for me.

Ishida Ayumi

It is presumptuous of me to call Sayashi my rival.

Ogata Haruna

(on the reason for joining the auditions)

I was obsessed with Sayashi-san.

Haga Akane

My favorite MM period was when the 9kis joined.

Kaga Kaede

I liked idols who weren't idol-like and for me this was Morning Musume. I first felt this way when I saw Sayashi-san dance.

Tsunku

Sayashi was different. Completely different. During the auditions, there was never a chance that we wouldn't choose Sayashi.

and an additional line from Sayashi herself

I will continue to watch over MM from here on out as well. As someone who's connected with the group, my feelings are like those of a mother right now. LOL.

#18359 davidguy3237

davidguy3237

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1625 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 10:01 AM

Sayashi is basically Jesus Christ, and everyone's anticipating the Second Coming right now lol

#18360 Hexoone

Hexoone

The Embodiment of Schrödinger's cat and the Two Sided Coin.

• Senpai
  • 5378 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 01:49 PM

More assessments of Sayashi from the H!P official book:

Takahashi Ai

MM relied too heavily on Sayashi.

Kudo Haruka

Sayashi was absolutely beyond reach.

Ishida Ayumi

It is presumptuous of me to call Sayashi my rival.

and an additional line from Sayashi herself

I will continue to watch over MM from here on out as well. As someone who's connected with the group, my feelings are like those of a mother right now. LOL.

wow.. from this few words alone personally I could see why Riho was feeling the pressure and how much potential she gave to the group. 

post-86820-0-64715800-1379316256.jpg

Thanks and credits to ` ♥ [ Apple Cake's Graphics ]~

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users