• Please log in to reply
19175 replies to this topic

#18881 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1652 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 03:32 PM

It's interesting that she is going back into the entertainment industry doing back-up dancer to Babymetal and then now doing stage plays.

Perhaps she has no interest in being a solo music singer, which may not be a good thing coz she could be marketed as another idol singer and I think it will stress her out.

#18882 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 04:54 AM

I don't think, at this point, you can put any limits on what she's going to do. She is starting her fanclub on the 24th, she has ManoEri's former manager as hers now, there's even a "Riho Sayashi staff" twitter account. In essense, she's setting herself up to be a force in the entertainment industry. Expect goods, FC events, more stage work, singing and dancing and record releases.

#18883 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1652 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 09:49 AM

I don't think, at this point, you can put any limits on what she's going to do. She is starting her fanclub on the 24th, she has ManoEri's former manager as hers now, there's even a "Riho Sayashi staff" twitter account. In essense, she's setting herself up to be a force in the entertainment industry. Expect goods, FC events, more stage work, singing and dancing and record releases.

That's true. Perhaps she is just starting out with things that she likes to do first (or she is most comfortable with) and then based on how well-received her solo work and then slowly venture off into doing more other stuff in her own time.

#18884 XFER

XFER

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1250 posts

Posted 11 October 2020 - 11:38 PM

I am seeing Riho, like many (or most) of former Momusu members. They are out there, doing work we may never see, like plays. And are not exactly singers or actresses, or this or that. And instead they do a bit of everything, which kinda dilutes their appeal to me, since as a main consumer of music, I don't really get anything from whatever they do, except if they release music. Still, I wish Riho went into a music career.

MRkgm6i.png

#18885 Brainstorming

Brainstorming

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 October 2020 - 03:56 AM

Nah I strongly disagree. First you can already pre order her latest play she's starring. She did really great in it, her singing improved so much. She went to a clinic before going abroad to heal her voice.
Now Riho just happens to be great at all three types of performance she likes : dancing, singing, acting. Plus she's a curious person, she can't just stick to doing one thing. I personally find that great that she does different things. For now her articles, her two plays(the second one is co produced by amuse!) , her drama next month.. Also she mentionned wanting to do a liveshow. So we may hope for a solo musical project of some sort.
It's so great to see her fully back and active doing what she loves, performing on stage

#18886 rcb2418

rcb2418

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 640 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 03:07 PM

I was always under the impression that she liked doing musicals more than anything.

#18887 Brainstorming

Brainstorming

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 23 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 10:01 AM

She has a website, soon the fanclub opens and a solo show is announced for her next birthday

#18888 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 21 October 2020 - 03:43 PM

She has a website, soon the fanclub opens and a solo show is announced for her next birthday

May 28th (her birthday) ^_^

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#18889 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 06:58 AM

There's a nice long interview in the notorious Friday magazine. My takeaway was that the reason she quit Morning Musume is because she felt her life was being micro-managed and she had no freedom. That explains why she moved to New York City, where she had to find and rent her own apartment, do her own cooking, manage her entire life by herself. She even said she often ate out alone.

https://news.yahoo.c...961d62b0c155ce8

#18890 RihoZukki

RihoZukki

Rare RihoxKanon Shipper

• Senpai
  • 756 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 07:31 AM

If I recall correctly, her last straw was when she posted on her blog something like "Should I dye my hair?" and the wota were like "No, stay pure and keep it black".

de62ax6-a6d8a439-a469-4885-bc30-ca72a342 

Check out new fanfiction: You want it? Say So..

#18891 Brainstorming

Brainstorming

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 10:59 PM

Obviously shes more free now to do what she wants. Officially in her recent interviews she mentions how everyth was planned for her in MM and she had nothing to do. So she wanted to learn how to do things on her own instead of having everyth served to her on a plate. Plus her whole '' becoming and adult '' taking the time to reflect on what she wanna do and who she wanna be... She also mentions how disorienting it was at first to suddenly have all this free time, but she got used to it and could spend much time with her family.
Off record, I assume being overworked and having her voice damaged played a role too. On Niira 's advice (vocal coach and friend) she went to a clinic for her voice before gng abroad. Now her singing in her two recent projects is sooo amazing!!
I don't think she was that disappointed about the management otherwise we wouldn't have seen her perform with MM again.
Btw between her two projects she had and about 15 interviews in 3 months, Japan very much knows she's back now yeyy, time to make your music Riho, she hinted that she will at least

#18892 Touki

Touki

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2326 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 10:51 AM

Being famous as an idol has its own price to pay, unfortunately. I'm glad that she can find the way out of it, even if it means she had to graduate at an early age. As a fan, I don't want to see her being unhappy while being a MM member.

#18893 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 11:49 PM

I don't think it's a case of being happy/unhappy, it's a matter of which trade offs one is willing to accept. I'm sure there are equally many good and bad points about being an idol. That's why you're going to see a certain number who just drop out and return to normal life, like Sakitty and Yuukarin from S/mileage, or those who have no intention of quitting, like Miyabi.

The main thing about being an idol, for all its costs and rewards, is that being one opened the door for everyone of these girls to build a career on it.

Thinking of three fairly recent graduates, Harunan, Kananan and Haachin, all three couldn't be making a social media splash today if it wasn't for being H!P idols. Well, Harunan still works for the company in a couple of jobs but her main presence is on social media.

#18894 bobvahn

bobvahn

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 161 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 11:23 AM

it said thet she was going to US alone, searching rent by visiting many city, alone.. and living alone.

i dont have any idea how she do that. I`m fine with living alone, but How she know where to go around and with what? she is not afraid to get robbed in NYC? i dont even know how good her english.

She have to teach me how to do that.

#18895 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 01:27 PM

I imagine there were some resources available to her. NYC has the largest Japanese population in the world outside of Japan, I presume she was in contact with someone in the Japanese ex-pat community.

#18896 gurico

gurico

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 November 2020 - 04:30 AM

:D

#18897 Brainstorming

Brainstorming

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 23 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 11:16 AM

https://twitter.com/...596295949721600trailer without area restrictions.
The episode comes out this Friday, expect a subbed version few days after. Riho plays an homonym character but with a slightly different personality. The story is about how the main character is getting more hopeful as he s beside Riho's lively personality.

#18898 gurico

gurico

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 06:16 PM

I couldn't upload the image ,so I shared it here :respect:

https://imgur.com/a/6N9FA5e

#18899 AloiChan

AloiChan

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 96 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 07:45 PM

Oh, wow. I felt like she looked a bit more mature in recent pics, but if you'd told me that that trailer came out 5 or 6 years ago, I wouldn't have questioned it for a second.

Spoiler

#18900 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 10:44 PM

First radio show under her belt! Special message included in the first four minutes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users