core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 02:29 PM

Thanks, ryu_uchida

RihoRiho was like the savior of Momusu and everyone was counting on her
She felt under huge pressure
I remember the stress caused her to overeat and gain weight, she looked a little bit fat in late 2015

#18362 nasro

nasro

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 04:03 PM

It's exhausting I think that after riho he have more desire to find the ace of the group! it gives too much pressure to leave the group. Goto, Kusumi, and riho have taken too much pressure we finally wonder why.

#18363 SailorKame

SailorKame

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 875 posts

Posted 24 June 2018 - 06:54 PM

it's almost hyperbole to say it, but I agree she was key in MM's resurgence... whether the pressure was too much, that's also another issue to be discussed.

#18364 RihoZukki

RihoZukki

Rare RihoxKanon Shipper

• Senpai
  • 756 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 03:58 AM

Sayashi is basically Jesus Christ, and everyone's anticipating the Second Coming right now lol

Thats what it feels like, which is why alot of other fans threw shade.

de62ax6-a6d8a439-a469-4885-bc30-ca72a342 

Check out new fanfiction: You want it? Say So..

#18365 waifusayu

waifusayu

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 404 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 06:55 AM

:ph34r:

Proud Usachan Creep

#18366 darkvision

darkvision

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 487 posts

Posted 25 June 2018 - 06:59 PM

Eh.. I don't see many people expecting her to be on top of HP or anything like that. Most fans just want to see her being active again.

#18367 zeroyon

zeroyon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1376 posts

Posted 07 July 2018 - 06:42 PM

There was a lot of flooding and mudslides in East Hiroshima (and other cities nearby) this past week due to record-setting heavy rainfall.

It looks like the train station near Riho's house when she lived there got flooded:

I hope Riho, her friends, and her family & relatives in the area are all okay... :(

Custom programmable LED pegboard. If anyone wants to make a similar thing, PM me and I will help you out =)

#18368 ryu_uchida

ryu_uchida

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 868 posts

Posted 24 July 2018 - 04:35 AM

From an Asahi Shinbun interview with Michishige Sayumi, where she talks about the group's struggles during the Platinum Era:

But finally, a ray of hope arrives for Michishige, who has struggled all by her lonesome for Morning Musume.

"Sayashi Riho's power was great. When the 9kis came in, the excitement wouldn't stop!"

#18369 ryu_uchida

ryu_uchida

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 868 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 11:04 AM

Riho came in at #39th on this "super idol" survey conducted by "goo," a rankings website.

http://hellopronews....s/77031176.html

#18370 ryu_uchida

ryu_uchida

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 868 posts

Posted 04 August 2018 - 10:21 AM

Some excerpts from Asahi Shinbun Digital's interview with Fuku-chan:

The Morning Musume following Michishige's graduation had the 9ki at the top, which included Sayashi Riho who already had huge popularity.

"I tried creating an environment where everyone can showcase their individualities. For example, Sayashi Riho's and Ishida Ayumi's dancing, Oda Sakura's singing, and Sato Masaki's explosive character, among others."

And so her big achievement as the leader came about at the end of 2015's autumn tour at the Budokan... 

Even during this 'Warring States" period of the idol industry, the 13 members of MM were able to fascinate people with their formation dancing.

Acclaim kept coming from various sectors about how an outstanding group MM was even amongst the many idol groups at the time.

"But then, Sayashi was determined to graduate."

However, Sayashi Riho, the girl who grew to become the absolute ace, announced her graduation at the end of the year.

"I had strong feelings of regret at the time... But I realized that it would have been more wrong for us to rob Sayashi of her dream."

Part 1

Part 2

Part 2 of the article also appeared on Yahoo! Japan with the title, "Overcoming Sayashi Riho's graduation, Morning Musume became even stronger."

#18371 ryu_uchida

ryu_uchida

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 868 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 05:48 AM

With Zukki's birthday yesterday, all four members of 9ki are now 20 or older. 

Dj2BZd9U4AIjZ6c.jpg

From Fuku-chan's blog

#18372 ryu_uchida

ryu_uchida

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 868 posts

Posted 17 August 2018 - 06:32 AM

From a Danbara Ruru interview with thetv.jp:

Q2: Who is your 'target' senpai?

A: It's Sayashi Riho-san (formerly of Morning Musume). It's partly because we're both from Hiroshima and we attended the same school, but really her singing and dancing are cool. Her acting is amazing as well. She was someone who pulled everyone else, both in Morning Musume and in H!P too. I want to give it my all so that I can also be someone like that. 

Q6: Which H!P members do you want to form a special unit with?

A: I've always wanted to sing together with Sayashi Riho-san. I was in the kenshuusei program for a long time so I had a lot of opportunities to perform with Morning Musume on the same stage as a back dancer but I've never held a mic alongside them. I think it would bring me great joy to be able to sing with her the song 'Daisuki Dakara Zettai ni Yurusanai,' a song by Sayashi Riho-san and Oda Sakura-san. I hope that my wish gets granted someday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

from 6:27

Q: Who do you have as a 'goal' in terms of dancing?

Inaba Manaka: For me, this has to be Sayashi Riho-san. I've never thought that we had the movement style but I really think that she's super good. My impression was that we had completely different ways of dancing. We had opportunities to talk and came to the conclusion that we both get the same joy out of dancing passionately. I realized that a few years back I had the habit of dancing intensely and... looking at Sayashi-san, she could make the simplest of moves look cool. I thought that Sayashi-san was so cool in the way she was able to give life to the entire performance and not just the choreography. So I thought of studying her and stealing from her what I could. And for a moment I had this thought that maybe it would be better to dance with smaller movements like her, but after trying out many different things I couldn't shake off the feeling that something was missing. So even now this is a difficult thing for me.

#18373 Cio'24

Cio'24

ಥ⌣ಥ Aika and Zukki duet you say? ಥ⌣ಥ

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 08:27 AM

Today's Hiroshima concert would be the PERFECT time for Sayashi to make a comeback.

I'm just putting that out there now in case somehow it actually does happen.

EDIT: Dangit

o0480048013035591857_zps5cb9e10b.jpg

#18374 waifusayu

waifusayu

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 404 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 08:51 AM

Who gave her the nick Rihoriho?

Proud Usachan Creep

#18375 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5683 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 09:56 AM

It was an "official" nickname, so probably Tsunku gave it.

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#18376 waifusayu

waifusayu

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 404 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 02:34 PM

It was an "official" nickname, so probably Tsunku gave it.

Her official nickname that Tsunku gave her is Yasshi.  I'm probably guessing but I think Sayu first called her Rihoriho on Sayu's radio program. 

Proud Usachan Creep

#18377 ryu_uchida

ryu_uchida

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 868 posts

Posted 04 September 2018 - 01:27 PM

Nishikido Ryo remembers Sayashi. (from 0:14--)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And a couple of things from the past two months...

[] From Harunan's blog:

And after that was Otsuka Ai-san.

She was so cute!!

Even just remembering it now, her eyebrows were so cute that you almost fall in love with them. It was tough.

I don't know if it's deja vu, but she seems to resemble Sayashi-san!

Maybe it's their silhouette​ or the arrangement of their teeth.

It's even cuter when you think of it like that.

[] From Chii-chan on the radio show Morning Diary:

Last year, I forgot to send birthday messages to a few of my senpai.

But year after year I never forget to send Sayashi-san one.

#18378 ryu_uchida

ryu_uchida

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 868 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 04:44 PM

Former idol and audition winner for the Morning Musume play "Fashionable" Hijikata Honoka was featured in the TV Tokyo program Ie, tsuite itte idesu ka? (Can we come with you to your house?) two days ago. As you guys know, Riho passed the very same audition and as such her pictures with Hijikata were shown during the show. With a little bit of help from Sayashi fans, Hijikita trended as high as #8 as a result.

DmVfUACV4AEgo6y.jpg

Spoiler

#18379 Cio'24

Cio'24

ಥ⌣ಥ Aika and Zukki duet you say? ಥ⌣ಥ

• Senpai
  • 3028 posts

Posted 06 September 2018 - 07:02 PM

I'm kind of glad this showed up because I was curious about what Riho looked like during Fashionable.

o0480048013035591857_zps5cb9e10b.jpg

#18380 core2quad

core2quad

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 11868 posts

Posted 09 September 2018 - 03:32 PM

Fukuchan's harocon daily pic at Hiroshima

Spoiler

https://twitter.com/...761152066613248

PonPon's pic in Fukuchan's blog today
The title of Fukuchan's blog is Qki no hi (The day of 9th gen)

Spoiler

Q期の日☆譜久村聖

Seems Fukuchan misses RihoRiho so much
She always draws Sayamaru

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users