• Please log in to reply
19173 replies to this topic

#18421 Colours

Colours

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 687 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 03:22 AM

Not sure why she's takin' dance lessons in NY. She's already 1 of the best dancers I know. I know that. Especially cos I usually do her MM dances. What else does she really have to learn?

Compared to people who focus on dance as their career at her age when she graduated, she was no where near their level. Not to say she isn't good, but spending 5 years as an idol really slows down your progress while your peers surpass you.

ki4pRBA.jpg

Set by Snipey

#18422 Ottonumbers

Ottonumbers

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 03:42 AM

One and Only, on 10 Dec 2018 - 21:18, said:
Not sure why she's takin' dance lessons in NY. She's already 1 of the best dancers I know. I know that. Especially cos I usually do her MM dances. What else does she really have to learn?

In regards to dancing, amongest MM and H!P in general she's one of the best (I would say her along with Ayumi and Manaka are one the best), but the thing is, she wasn't challenged in dancing in the group. Idol dances arent really that hard because the main point is that it should be easy for the audiance and fans to learn, unless your group is more dance focused like Fairies (with some of their songs that is) or any exile group. In H!P, you can only get as good with what you are given and in that case, your skills end up being rusty. For someone like Riho who trained in dance for many years, she didnt progress any further than say 14/16. If your away from the dance scene for long, you end up losing alot of your skill set (ie: flexibility, prescision etc). In that New York video of her dancing with all those people, you can see she was behind the rest of them, and at that point in your age for dancing (17-22) your skills are top notch and ready for anything, at 17 and having stopped taking more professional dances classes (that arent idol related) after 12, she had alot to catch up on since those middle years you should be at your best already. 

Riho going to NY was a good choice on her part, NY is known for the best dancers and dance schools in the world (right after LA) and alot of those dancers end up going straight into Broadway or Off Broadway shows as soon as possible. In NY, you are given so many chances to learn new forms on dance, like contemporary, jazz and so on.

This isnt me bashing Riho on her dancing, but as someone who has been taking dance classes (almost half my life at this point) for a while its understandable to why Riho is went to NY because thats every dancers dream to go their, to study dance.

Sorry if this didnt make any sense, I don't know how to properly write what I really wanted to write so I hope this helped or made sense lol

Spoiler

#18423 One and Only

One and Only

3rd gen member

• Banned
  • 330 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 04:07 PM

I understand

MM dances are hard overall IMO, some parts are easier than others of course

The main struggles for me are rememberin' all the moves and keepin' my feet even when I move or turn

When I study my 1st MM dance, even now for other dances, I have to study each move and make the different parts of my body work together. I literally have to pause videos each mini-second to keep up. That Humble dance she does now, I'd have to learn each step 1-by-1 and pause the video continuously

#18424 ergreenlimes

ergreenlimes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1887 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 06:56 PM

Not to mention idol dances are not AT ALL the style wanted in professional dance. For broadway they want contemporary, jazz, maybe a little hip hop or ballroom, etc. For ballets they obviously want ballet. For contemporary/modern dance companies they want contemporary, jazz, ballet, etc. For music videos they want a mix of everything. Even before Riho joined Morning Musume and if she didn't join I don't think she'd be on track to get into professional dance. The dancers that do are insanely talented. It also seems like the place she went before joining Morning Musume is designed to prepare kids for the Japanese entertainment industry, which has very different standards and expectations than that of the US, so they may have only gotten her ready to work there.

I think it's good for her to take the classes regardless. Maybe she can break into something in Japanese entertainment or use it to further her career in Japan - I remember in the early days MM (maybe just one member?) took some lessons in NY as part of an Asayan special. But I don't think she'll be breaking into any US professional dance, acting, or theater as it stands right now.

My H!P Blog: Midori's J-pop overanylizations please visit it.

#18425 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9502 posts

Posted 12 December 2018 - 02:10 PM

^ That was Nacchi who went to NYC and it was to take singing lessons.

#18426 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5671 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 04:53 PM

Once again, Matt Swadling subtitled it ^_^

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#18427 Ahornbjörn

Ahornbjörn

Forever Sayashi

• Senpai
  • 3192 posts

Posted 29 December 2018 - 04:15 PM

http://wotaintransla...ike-to-believe/

Sayashi Riho is actually a way bigger influence for younger idols than some fans might like to believe

Henkka: In my mind, she was one of the most misunderstood members of the group. No one was a bigger critic of Sayashi Riho than she herself. But you’ll learn all about that in the next post…

♡ Sayashi is Hi(gh) love,Sayashi is Hi(gh) life ♪
kaediirihometal38486kz2.png
りほ, りほ Password is りほ ♪

#18428 jonski111

jonski111

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 226 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 01:12 AM

Riho is anime girl. Clumsy, cute and talented.

#18429 Ahornbjörn

Ahornbjörn

Forever Sayashi

• Senpai
  • 3192 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 05:47 PM

Morning Musume 20th Anniversary Official Book Interviews: Sayashi Riho 

http://wotaintransla...s-sayashi-riho/

りほ, りほ Password is りほ ♪

#18430 Ahornbjörn

Ahornbjörn

Forever Sayashi

• Senpai
  • 3192 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 09:30 PM

She's #14 in the Japanese Hello! Project Fans: Favorite H!P Member of 2018 ranking  :ph34r:  ^_^

Dvr0AiZUwAIAbUZ.jpg

りほ, りほ Password is りほ ♪

#18431 jonski111

jonski111

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 226 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:26 AM

She's #14 in the Japanese Hello! Project Fans: Favorite H!P Member of 2018 ranking  :ph34r:  ^_^

Dvr0AiZUwAIAbUZ.jpg

Power of Sayashi even this day.

Morning Musume 20th Anniversary Official Book Interviews: Sayashi Riho

http://wotaintransla...s-sayashi-riho/

#18432 Ahornbjörn

Ahornbjörn

Forever Sayashi

• Senpai
  • 3192 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:08 AM

:c18:

look one post above 

りほ, りほ Password is りほ ♪

#18433 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5671 posts

Posted 16 January 2019 - 10:49 AM

Probably her English has gone better ^_^

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#18434 tadase

tadase

Always lurking

• Senpai
  • 657 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:05 AM

Riho will be back for this year's H!P Hinamatsuri Festival!!!
http://www.helloproj...34823a2d592392/

Untitled-1.jpg

#18435 davidguy3237

davidguy3237

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1625 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:12 AM

The timing with Sayashi guesting on Hina Fes is so weird lol. She leaves H!P after so many years of not doing anything, and her first major appearance AFTER she's already left the company is going to be at an H!P event lol.

#18436 cutiepearl

cutiepearl

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:16 AM

well... ok? :D I'm so glad! This is so surprsising lol

#18437 DD7

DD7

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 473 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 10:56 AM

Wow what shock! I mean its great news but very surprising considering she ended her contract.

Current: (MM) Kaede Miki Sakura (A) Moe Shion (JJ) Ruru Rei Ichika (TF) Yumeno (BYD): Momohime Kokoro Reina (Ocha): Kanami Kirara Natsume Kss: Ayana Karin Yulia Graduated: Zukki Riho 48 Groups: Cuca

#18438 Lalalaalala

Lalalaalala

Official fanclub for Yokoyan's smile - it saves lives.

• Senpai
  • 1685 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 11:13 AM

riiiiiihoooo yay ❤❤

Current Ultras: Yokoyama Reina Sasaki Rikako Asakura Kiki, Akiyama Mao Yamazaki YuhaneMaeda Kokoro♥ 

TSUBAKI FACTORY

Current Casual: Oda Sakura, Nonaka Miki, Haga AkaneTanimoto Ami Ise Layla, Kawamura Ayano,  

OGTurtle  Airi, Maimai 

#18439 Sugaya Risako

Sugaya Risako

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2468 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:00 PM

what an amazing surprise!

<p><p>Morning musume, amo vocês !!!!!! Mizukitty,obrigada por tudo, sentirei saudades!

#18440 Kinjiru

Kinjiru

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1890 posts

Posted 23 January 2019 - 12:02 PM

Theeeeeeere's mah girl! Looking forward to seeing her again.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users