• Please log in to reply
1533 replies to this topic

#21 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 01:15 AM

Well, on the 10th (I think) there was a 3B Junior Live Event in which EbiChu were a part of. I just read the EbiChu blog, and Rio says that it was fun, and they performed "Saikyou Pare Parade". For those of you who don't know (and I didn't until just a few days ago), this song is from the anime THE MELANCHOLY OF HARUHI SUZUMIYA. It was also covered by Momoiro Clover for their recent Christmas E.P. I wonder if both groups were on stage at the same time singing this, or if EbiChu sang it alone? If anyone went to this event, please give me the details! Thank you very much. :)

"Sakura Gakuin 2010 ~message~" is the greatest album released in the 21st Century! Get your copy today and find out why!

Proudly supporting lots of idols... Sakura Gakuin ~ Caramel ☆ Ribbon ~ Aither ~ Prizmmy☆ ~ NA-NA ~ Himekko 5 ~ Candy Kiss ~ Sakuran Bom Bom ~ Onigokko 

The Most Rebellious Japanese Idol Blog: This Is Your Wake Up Call!  /  Young Idol Singers (Facebook) / Sensational Idols (Website)  

#22 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:23 AM

Spelling Japanese words and names is sometimes difficult for me. It's made worse when different websites have conflicting spellings and Google Translate gives me yet another one. Here's two examples....

I used GT to figure out the names for my first post. Suzuki Hirono and Suzuki Hiroshi were both used for this EbiChu member's name. After I created a wiki for Shiritsu Ebisu Chuugaku (which I only did because I was waiting for someone else to do it - and no one did), someone at Generasia upgraded it with a group photo and spelling corrections. The new spelling for Suzuki-chan's given name is Hirano.

I neglected to mention that "King Of GAKUGeeeKai" (spelled exactly like that) is on the front cover of EbiChu's first CD in English. It's supposed to be their alternate name. The wiki at Generasia (actually, no other J-Pop or Asian website has a wiki besides this one) states "King of Gakugeikai" as their alternate name. So which spelling is correct? Do I believe what's printed on the CD, or what some website says?

In other news, I found a small scan of their new single "Chime!" Here it is....

Attached Files

"Sakura Gakuin 2010 ~message~" is the greatest album released in the 21st Century! Get your copy today and find out why!

Proudly supporting lots of idols... Sakura Gakuin ~ Caramel ☆ Ribbon ~ Aither ~ Prizmmy☆ ~ NA-NA ~ Himekko 5 ~ Candy Kiss ~ Sakuran Bom Bom ~ Onigokko 

The Most Rebellious Japanese Idol Blog: This Is Your Wake Up Call!  /  Young Idol Singers (Facebook) / Sensational Idols (Website)  

#23 Em-El

Em-El

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 155 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:53 AM

I used GT to figure out the names for my first post. Suzuki Hirono and Suzuki Hiroshi were both used for this EbiChu member's name. After I created a wiki for Shiritsu Ebisu Chuugaku (which I only did because I was waiting for someone else to do it - and no one did), someone at Generasia upgraded it with a group photo and spelling corrections. The new spelling for Suzuki-chan's given name is Hirano.

Well, someone made a mistake, I guess. As I said in my first response to the thread, she is Hirono.
"Hiroshi" is a boy's name, and "Hirano" is usually a family name ^^;

I neglected to mention that "King Of GAKUGeeeKai" (spelled exactly like that) is on the front cover of EbiChu's first CD in English. It's supposed to be their alternate name. The wiki at Generasia (actually, no other J-Pop or Asian website has a wiki besides this one) states "King of Gakugeikai" as their alternate name. So which spelling is correct? Do I believe what's printed on the CD, or what some website says?

Well, it's also sometimes written as "King of 学芸会", so the wiki is just giving the more normal Romanization (It means King of the School Arts Festival, which is just the normal festival schools have where the kids sing and put on plays and stuff). EbiChu's wesbite also has it spelled as "king Of Gakugeeeekai". Honestly, Japanese companies often just do whatever they think looks cool in Roman letters. Their extended "eeeee" is just their goofy way of showing the elongated vowel sound.

#24 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:37 PM

I went on Generasia to try to fix the spelling mistakes on the wiki, and fixed most of them myself. However, I ran into the problem of not being able to rename "Hirano" to Hirono on the top of the page. I left a message on the discussion part and Generasia's Facebook page, and an editor took care of that. So, I hope everything is now spelled correctly.

So, has anyone bought the new single? I'm dying to hear it! ^_^ I can't find this group listed on CD Japan, so I'm hoping someone will upload it to the tracker.

#25 Em-El

Em-El

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 03:46 AM

For buying online, it's available at HMV which helpfully has an English version of their website. Overseas shipping can be kind of expensive if I remember correctly (but comparable to CDJapan's fast option), but it's fast.

#26 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 11:13 PM

My internet connection was down all day until just a few minutes ago. But I'm glad it's back because Cardcaptor Jim is happy to announce that two girls from EbiChu are celebrating their birthdays this month, the same month as his birthday! :D

Today is Rio-chan's birthday! :w00t: For those unfamiliar with the EbiChu girls, she's the one who didn't smile on the covers for their first two singles. XD But oh, look! I have a pic of her smiling right here.....

Happy 13th Birthday, Rio-chan! I hope it's a good year for you! :)

Attached Files

#27 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:21 AM

I just found out that EbiChu's new single is on the tracker! :w00t: Thank you very much, Angel of my heart...er, Angelhearts! XD

I like what I'm hearing, but it may take some time for both songs to really sink in. I still can't get "Ebizori Diamond!!" out of my head. "Chime!" is pretty energetic, but I'm not sure who is singing which parts. "Doshaburi Regret" is a little more electronic than I prefer my pop, but not bad. I need to see a video of the girls performing the songs to know who's singing when. I checked YouTube earlier today for any new videos, but I can't find one. Are there official videos for their songs?

#28 Ian905

Ian905

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 357 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 07:06 PM

This group reminds me a lot of Kira Kira Melody Gakuen, which is another large idol group that was not very well known. There is a fansite for them which I really like (http://www.usagi.org.../kkm/index.html) because it has reports from all the events they held. Since they weren't hugely successful the fans got to communicate with them which makes for interesting reports.

I love Chime btw, although I gotta admit I was hoping it would be a cover of the song by Shinohara Tomoe. XD

Fan of the 48 Family, Linda III Sei, Tokyo Performance Doll, THE Possible, and Seifuku Kojo Iinkai.

My last.fm

#29 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:26 PM

I found some radio show / video programs on Youtube that are somewhat long, featuring Reina, Mirei and Natsu. In each program they show some drawings. In the first one, from October 21, 2010, Natsu shows a picture of a fish with an arm and two feet. I think if I ever saw that in water I was swimming in, I'd swim away as fast as I could! XD

October 21, 2010:

November 4, 2010:

Enjoy all the videos! :)

#30 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 12:31 PM

Since I can't put three videos in one post (ya learn something new everyday!), here is the third video I found. It's a post-show clip of all the girls after the Wota Jam on November 7, 2010.

#31 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 04:55 PM

@Jim if singles aren't listen on cdjapan/yesasia don't be afraid to order them from hmv or amazon :)

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#32 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:20 AM

It's the middle of the night, but officially it's January 31. That means it's Aika-chan's 12th Birthday! :w00t: :gitaa:

HAPPPY BIRTHDAY, AIKA-CHAN!!!! I'm so happy my favorite member is growing up! XD Below are some photos that Angelhearts uploaded to Megaupload. They're uber-cute! <3

Attached Files

#33 Em-El

Em-El

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 155 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:18 AM

Don't worry, it's been the 31st for a long time in Japan now :lol:

#34 oroboras

oroboras

Defender of the Faith

• Senpai
  • 1704 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 02:45 PM

I've really been enjoying listening to EbiChu these last few days - and especially Ebizori Diamond (and the remix - not sure which I prefer better now!).

I think that it's Aika who sings sweetest, but without proper video back-up, I can't be sure.

Great group, and cheers to X5-2000 for linking me to them in the first place, after obsessing about them to me.
Also so much thanks go to Angelhearts for uploading the singles!
Posted Image

#35 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 05:38 PM

In "Ebizori Diamond!!", when the music gets soft, Aika is the one singing. I think she sings the sweetest too! :wub: I have nearly every video of theirs posted on the pages of this thread, so you should go back and watch the YouTube videos to see who's singing when. :) And welcome to the EbiChu thread, oroboras!

#36 oroboras

oroboras

Defender of the Faith

• Senpai
  • 1704 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:23 AM

I had a look at them, thanks for linking them! Now I just need the proper PV's in HQ!

Thanks for welcoming me. Since going to Japan, I've found myself spreading my interests outside just H!P a bit more. I think Stardust really could be onto something very big, with both Momoclo AND EbiChu.

Cheers for clearing it up about who sings what. Yes it is Aika who sings, you are right. Apparently her speaking voice is awesome too, according to X5-2000 (the lucky guy got a 2-shot with her at one of their shows as well - which he keeps taunting me with!)
Posted Image

#37 Em-El

Em-El

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:18 AM

I have a 2shot with Aika as well, she's very tiny. If I had a scanner, I could show it. But it's a tiny polaroid so I'm not sure. But my favorite member is Natsu now that Narumi left. I had to figure out who I liked again ^^;

#38 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:25 AM

You guys are so lucky to be living in or visiting Japan! I wish I had the cash to fly there and see a concert or two.

Anyway, Em-El, do you know Narumi's official reason for leaving? Is she going to going to stay in the enertainment industry, or quit?
So what do you think of the new girl, Hinata? I've seen pix of her on the EbiChu blog, but she doesn't sing on "Chime!", right?
And..... :sob: ....why did Hinaki cut her pretty hair? :sob:

#39 Em-El

Em-El

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 155 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:20 AM

I'm pretty sure she's trying to stay in the entertainment industry as all her messages seemed to also ask for the standard continued support as she goes out on her own. She had a little movie she was in that will be in a film festival soon. Her last entry also said that the group's producer told her that she was welcome to come back whenever she wanted.

#40 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:18 AM

^
What's the name of the movie? I'd like to look it up on the 'net.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users