• Please log in to reply
1533 replies to this topic

#1 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 06:48 AM

Shiritsu Ebisu Chuugaku, or EbiChu for short, are a group of idols from Stardust Promotion, Inc., the same company as Momoiro Clover Z and Minichia Bears. They are also known as King Of Gakugeeeekai. EbiChu made their live debut on August 4, 2009 with only five members: Mayama Rika, Kanade Kanon, Mizuki, Miyazaki Reina and Uno Narumi. In October 2009 Anno Natsu and Yasumoto Ayaka joined. In February 2010, Kanon left the group and Yano Hinaki joined. On February 14, 2010, EbiChu released their first indie single, "Asu no Chime ga Narimashita" ("The Morning Chime Has Rung!"), featuring two cover songs. The original CD cover features the six girls who sang on it, and the "New Jacket Version" issued later features the twelve girls from the TOKYO IDOL FESTIVAL 2010 lineup. On April 10, 2010 Hirota Aika joined, followed by Hoshina Mirei, Koike Rio, Suzuki Hirono and Matsuno Rina on May 22. On August 7 and 8, EbiChu performed at TOKYO IDOL FESTIVAL 2010. This 12 member lineup was solid until November 23, 2010,  when Kashiwagi Hinata joined. In January 2011 Narumi left the group. The group performed as special guests on Momoiro Clover's tour, which was filmed on April 10. On April 17, 2011 Hinaki left the group. EbiChu's first widely released single, "The Tissue ~Tomaranai Seishun~", was released on April 27. This single also had a video filmed for it, EbiChu's first. On June 7 Rio left the group. On June 19, at a Tower Records event, Reina was selected as the first leader of Shiritsu Ebisu Chuugaku. Previously, they were simply numbered from 1 to 12, based on when they joined the group. On August 27 and 28 EbiChu performed at TOKYO IDOL FESTIVAL 2011. On December 26, 2011 Reina left the group. In late February 2012 Shiritsu Ebisu Chuugaku signed with DefSTAR Records. "Kari Keiyaku no Cinderella" was their major debut single, released on May 5, 2012. On April 15, 2014, three members of EbiChu, Mizuki, Natsu and Hirono, graduated. Kobayashi Kaho and Nakayama Riko were soon added. Shiritsu Ebisu Chuugaku have their own YouTube channel, however, only the videos for the indie singles can be viewed by people outside of Japan.   

Members: 

3. Mayama Rika (真山りか), born on December 16, 1996
5. Yasumoto Ayaka (安本彩花), born on June 27, 1998

6. Hirota Aika (廣田あいか), born on January 31, 1999

7. Hoshina Mirei (星名美怜), born on November 2, 1997

9. Matsuno Rina (松野莉奈), born on July 16, 1998

10. Kashiwagi Hinata (柏木ひなた), born on March 29, 1999 

11. Kobayashi Kaho (小林歌穂), born on June 12, 2000 
12. Nakayama Riko (中山莉子), born on October 28, 2000  

Graduated Members: 

1. Kanon (奏音), born on February 7, 1997 

3. then 2. Uno Narumi (宇野愛海), born on March 19, 1998 

8. then 7. Yano Hinaki (廣田あいか), born on March 5, 1997  

11. then 10. Koike Rio (小池梨緒), born on January 18, 1998 
3. then 2. Miyazaki Reina(宮崎れいな), born on August 24, 1997

2. then 1. Mizuki (瑞季), born on February 27, 1997 

6. then 4. Anno Natsu (杏野なつ), born on July 12, 1997
12. then 8. Suzuki Hirono (鈴木裕乃), born on March 24, 1998 

Hirono appeared on WE CAN TV.  
Rina appeared in "We Can Smile" magazine.  

Natsu, Rio, Hirono, Ayaka, and Rina were all members of Minichia Bears.  

Official Website

Official Blog

"Ebizori Diamond!!" short clip:

At the bottom of the post will be a picture from the top of their website. 

Attached Files

"Sakura Gakuin 2010 ~message~" is the greatest album released in the 21st Century! Get your copy today and find out why!

Proudly supporting lots of idols... Sakura Gakuin ~ Caramel ☆ Ribbon ~ Aither ~ Prizmmy☆ ~ NA-NA ~ Himekko 5 ~ Candy Kiss ~ Sakuran Bom Bom ~ Onigokko 

The Most Rebellious Japanese Idol Blog: This Is Your Wake Up Call!  /  Young Idol Singers (Facebook) / Sensational Idols (Website)  

#2 Em-El

Em-El

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 155 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:24 AM

To answer your uncertainties, Mizuki just goes by Mizuki. Anno Natsu is correct, Millay is more properly Mirei, Narumi is correct, Hirono is correct, and Rina is correct. They also have numbers, just like real junior high students should:

1. Mizuki
2. Narumi
3. Reina
4. Rika
5. Natsu
6. Ayaka
7. Hinaki
8. Aika
9. Mirei
10. Rio
11. Hirono
12. Rina

#3 ♦ AyakaMoon ♦♫♪

♦ AyakaMoon ♦♫♪

Dawa Fangirl

• Senpai
  • 1236 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 12:51 PM

There's an extremely perverted anime called Ebichu, and I thought this thread was going to be about that show. So at first I was all like, huh? And then I was like, OHH!

Wada Ayaka

#4 Angelhearts

Angelhearts

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 161 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:50 PM

Oh! Here has EbiChu's own thread! It's so cool! Thank you Jim!~

Hello everyone! Let's talk a lot about EbiChu here!~ XD

I have seen them for many times, and my favourite member is Suzuki Hirono (No.11).

I often write comments in their blog and go to attend their events. Some of them have already known about me.

I'll show you the photos I took with Hirono.

This one is taken on 23rd November's EbiFes (EbiChu Festival). I wanted to make a big heart, but it's distorted... ^^;
Posted Image

This one is taken on 23rd December's EbiFes. It's a pose from their first original song "Ebizori Diamond" XD
Hirono is so cute in Santa dress, and she looks so slim. :wub:
Posted Image

On that day I sent SUPER☆GiRLS' album and a letter to Hirono as Christmas presents. She looked very happy.

I love Hirono Santa!~ :wub:

Posted Image

Posted Image

But a weird guy took such photo. :noo:
Posted Image
Hello everyone! I'm Angelhearts~Welcome to my blog!~
http://ameblo.jp/genkiflavor/
I love idols!~ XD

#5 lala

lala

♥ Voted KY greatest fan 2011 ♥

• Senpai
  • 4428 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:11 PM

I like 9. Hoshina Mirei

I'm looking forward to hearing more about these girls =)

Posted Image

♥ Voted as KY greatest fan 2011 ♥ Thank you for voting for me everyone ♥

♥ My KY fanblog ♥

♥ JunJun . KY Ikuta . (B)Nacchan . (S)Kanakana . (N)Sayaka . (HKT)Anna . (Nogizaka46)Ikuchan♥

#6 Garamon

Garamon

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1000 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:35 PM

There's an extremely perverted anime called Ebichu, and I thought this thread was going to be about that show. So at first I was all like, huh? And then I was like, OHH!

I didn't know about that anime. I just searched on YT and found some english subbed episodes - I've only seen ep. 2 so far but it was pretty funny... and, well, I wouldn't say it's perverted but definitely adults-only. :lol:

#7 Angelhearts

Angelhearts

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 161 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 05:45 PM

Hirono and Hi-chan from Tokyo Girls' Style, they once appeared in a same drama. :lol:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'll come back tomorrow, see you!~
I love idols!~ XD

#8 Ebii

Ebii

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 736 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 07:02 PM

Oh, I didn't know about this group but many people think that I'm fan of they for my nick XD
I like their voices and spirit, they are cute :3
(・∀・)ノ☆

#9 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 08:25 PM

Thanks everyone for posting! But let's keep the topic to the girls and their music, not some anime that has nothing to do with them! ^_^

I'm going to try to post some YouTube links, but I'm not good at this for some reason.

"Ebizori Diamond!!" full version, low quality:

5 girls from EbiChu singing H!P songs (at least one is):

"Sakura Gakuin 2010 ~message~" is the greatest album released in the 21st Century! Get your copy today and find out why!

Proudly supporting lots of idols... Sakura Gakuin ~ Caramel ☆ Ribbon ~ Aither ~ Prizmmy☆ ~ NA-NA ~ Himekko 5 ~ Candy Kiss ~ Sakuran Bom Bom ~ Onigokko 

The Most Rebellious Japanese Idol Blog: This Is Your Wake Up Call!  /  Young Idol Singers (Facebook) / Sensational Idols (Website)  

#10 Em-El

Em-El

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 155 posts

Posted 29 December 2010 - 09:46 PM

5 girls from EbiChu singing H!P songs (at least one is):

Ah, the old days :lol: The first time I saw them, they were a much smaller group. I can't remember, maybe only 6 girls. But then a month later they added a bunch of girls. This video was back when their member numbers were different and before the old number one Kanon left.

#11 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 02:52 AM

As I said in post #1, there isn't much info in English on these girls, so I'm winging it here. I knew the girls had numbers, but I didn't understand the significance. So, I'll bite: Which one's Kanon?
I haven't memorized all 12 faces, so I'm really not sure who is who yet. Do I take it Mizuki replaced Kanon and that's why she's #1?

EbiChu's blog has a mention of a "3B junior New Year LIVE!!" event, which includes Momoiro Clover. Let me guess, Em-El....you're attending? :lol: Anyway, there's an interview section with 9 of the girls. I'll try to link it. It's hard to understand Google Translate's version, although a couple questions were easy to figure out. The funniest was, "If you were reborn, would you be a boy or girl?" (That's my version.) Surprisingly, most of them want to be boys! XD I can't imagine why such cute girls wanna be boys! (Trust me girls, it's not all fun being male. ^^; )

Edit 1: The link didn't take you to the right page. I got "Page not found." Bleh! :P

Edit 2: Okay, when I saw Google Translate come up with words like "shrimp" and "private school", I figured that they had something to do with the name of this group. I got out a Japanese / English dictionary and looked up the words for the first time. It's something like "Private School Shrimp Junior High". :wacko: I don't get it. Is this some sort of private joke? "Shrimp School"? XD

Edited by Cardcaptor Jim, 30 December 2010 - 04:31 AM.

#12 Em-El

Em-El

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 155 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:44 AM

Do I take it Mizuki replaced Kanon and that's why she's #1?

For a while Mizuki was actually number 2, and the girls were numbered starting from 2 after Kanon left. But eventually they renumbered them. This is her. She's still with Stardust, but I guess she wants to be an actress, not an idol.

Edit 2: Okay, when I saw Google Translate come up with words like "shrimp" and "private school", I figured that they had something to do with the name of this group. I got out a Japanese / English dictionary and looked up the words for the first time. It's something like "Private School Shrimp Junior High". :wacko: I don't get it. Is this some sort of private joke? "Shrimp School"? XD

Their name in Japanese is 私立恵比寿中学. Shiritsu means "private", Ebisu is the name of a section of Tokyo (also a god), Chuugaku is "junior high". But when they shorten it to EbiChu in Japanese they write it like エビ中 so Google Translate is guessing incorrectly that "ebi" means "Shrimp".

Here's the interview link: http://official.star.../interview.html

#13 Angelhearts

Angelhearts

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 161 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 04:03 PM

I just came back from my part-time job and really got tired. Today I'll post some pics only. Hope you will like them!~ :blush:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Package Download
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=HMM8GQC1
or http://www.sendspace.com/file/3chgpp
I love idols!~ XD

#14 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 05:59 PM

Thanks, Em-El, for clearing up the name translation. Your help is appreciated! :)

Thank you too, Angelhearts, for uploading the pix! I sure do like them! I'm glad you had time to post, even though you are tired from your job. <3

#15 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:08 AM

I found a short, but cute, video on YouTube. EbiChu is promoting a radio show that took place in September. The cute part is at 22 seconds, when Aika jumps up from behind the taller girls, trying to get noticed! XD What idiot told her to stand there, anyway? Aika's the youngest, and shortest, and my favorite. <3

#16 shura-kun

shura-kun

Afilia Knight

• Senpai
  • 2661 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 07:36 AM

there is alaso a group Ebisu Muscats formed by gravure girls
oh well, i like ebichu level of cute... this year will be interesting for many new(and not so new) idol units

wonder if the official video for that song is this video (but complete version of course)

#17 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:17 PM

^
I saw that video on YouTube too. I forgot to link that here. :lol: I hope the full video for this song is posted on YouTube soon! I can't get it out of my head!

Spoiler

#18 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:30 AM

I did my best to create a Wiki for EbiChu. It's here: http://www.generasia..._Ebisu_Chuugaku
Please tell me what you think! :)

#19 Em-El

Em-El

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 155 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:52 AM

Tomorrow, one of my favorites, Narumi will be leaving the group.

Kashiwagi Hinata has been hanging out with the girls for the last month or so, joining the group: http://www.stardust....wagihinata.html

#20 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 11:48 PM

My Wiki has been updated by a professional! :lol: It now has EbiChu's third single listed, which I was about to add myself, plus spelling corrections and a photo. (I updated my first post again.) There are also links to select girls, complete with pix. I'll post a thumbnail of their photo and a couple of cute pix besides that. :)

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users