Photo

Janken Tournament (19th single senbatsu selection)

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#41 Amee.

Amee.

Sayaka Akimoto <3 Sae Miyazawa <3

• Banned
  • 1183 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:26 PM

OK so Sayaka Undergirls is kind of GRRRR as usual but Sae being 'demoted' to undergirls too is a bit too grr.
All my favourites are in UG or TG... Not keen on anyone in Senbatsu but I'm sure now they're gonna get a bit more attention so they'll probably grow on me.
Ucchi No.1.... Yeah..... I'm actually really looking forward to seeing this.
Sales-wise, I don't think this will do outrageously well tbh, but hopefully fans will support the newcomers to senbatsu.
With me, it depends on the song and PV in this situation <_<
Posted Image
that is akimoto sayaka
please do not feel threatened!
Unless you dislike her or AKB48 and then you should be slightly worried.
I'm slightly on the akb obsessive side...slightly worrying also. Very worrying actually. DONT EVER SAY ANYTHING AGAINST AKB OR SAYAKA OR YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAHAHAHAA
PEACE OUT

#42 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 07:53 PM

A lot of people have "thought" what a single for AKB will sell or rather won't sell before. I think it should be obvious by now, that trying to predict this, is a rather futile attempt best left aside.

Besides, you never know: In addition to massive PR, the single might have 2shot and HS event and what not in addition.

The only thing I think I'm actually somewhat "sad" over, is the absence of Takamina, who otherwise have been in every AKB PV there is. She should've come higher this time, but it didn't happen.

Yes, I wanted Amina and Sayaka much, much higher than where they ended up, and I was also happy about Nacchan and Chikarina winning (although I wanted Nacchan in senbatsu for once...).

What made the entire janken event way surreal for me, was seeing Harukyan defeat girl after girl, making it to the top 2.

I had originally hoped she'd place among the top 3, but that was to me not even realistic. Far too much luck or whatever involved for it to be possible I thought.... Right.... So now I am pretty much thrilled over final senbatsu, considering that it has a nice mix of girls who haven't gotten that much attention before, yet are quite good as idols anyways. I think these girls can do well on TV shows and in performances. Kojiharu we all know what can do, Harugon, Harukyan, Suuchan, Nacchi and Akicha are also talkative girls. The others I don't really know how they will do but I am sure Ucchii will do well. As for Kana, she's not chicken, she's beef.

#43 Amee.

Amee.

Sayaka Akimoto <3 Sae Miyazawa <3

• Banned
  • 1183 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 08:09 PM

Ah yes, a lot of people were predicting HR to have comparably low sales, but this was not the case :good:
Maybe there are a some Ucchi wota who will go absolutely crazy cause of this >o<
Posted Image
that is akimoto sayaka
please do not feel threatened!
Unless you dislike her or AKB48 and then you should be slightly worried.
I'm slightly on the akb obsessive side...slightly worrying also. Very worrying actually. DONT EVER SAY ANYTHING AGAINST AKB OR SAYAKA OR YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAHAHAHAA
PEACE OUT

#44 Ebii

Ebii

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 736 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 09:48 PM

This will be awesome :D!!! I like AKB and adore the idea that all have more oportunities to shine~ I feel sorry for Takamina because I love her but I feel happy for the others ~ they will do an amazing job there :D
(・∀・)ノ☆

#45 Arche-JoIyO

Arche-JoIyO

♥ Pudding of Puddings ♥

• Senpai
  • 9576 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:29 PM

Oh yes this lineup is so different... can't wait to see how it turns out :D Congrats to the winning girls!

g8aHT2F.gif

#46 Azul

Azul

Bringing back Miyoshi.

• Senpai
  • 1241 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 10:48 PM

OMFG HARUNA <3
And Suuchan!!

I finally got a blog, so I can dump all my Jpop/Kpop/H!P rambles.
Last updated: 05/07/11

#47 dev-null

dev-null

#1 Kinoshita Haruna Supporter

• Senpai
  • 2130 posts

Posted 21 September 2010 - 11:16 PM

Honestly I like this concept. Many of the girls I don't know really, so this is a chance for me to get to know them. Well... while Yuko and Erena are perhaps my favorites I pretty much like all the girls... as long I get to know them. I have 48++ oshimens :D; so I'm happy with the result and I'm happy for the winning girl (who I didn't know at all, so far)! :)

signature3.png

#48 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:38 AM

Well AKB purists must at least feel relieved that no SKE girls will be "invading" as they have been recently.

Seeing that the talent is spread out as it is here's to hoping all three songs are amazing.

Was definitely disappointed Masuda Yuka lost in the first round though.

#49 kamiki

kamiki

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 259 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:44 AM

Very nice ... this tournament was sincere in my view. I must admit I did not think it would be a drastic change, after all the propaganda front is the product ... hoped that one or two girls in media pass for the first team this single ... I'm in shock but very excited ... I want to see how this single will be played. I wish good luck to Mayumi ... she ... I really want know her better.
Sumire, Ishida, Natsuki, Kana, Aki-chan, Haruka and Kuramochi exponent is for my future Akb ... so I'm very very happy ...

Yuko, Yukirin, Mayuyu and Tomochin... =(

Posted Image

Mayuyu. Team B. Team 4. ºC-ute. NMB48

#50 Penmaster

Penmaster

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 73 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 05:06 PM

Haha...theater girls are so luxurious... ^^;
Posted Image

#51 YuzukoAria

YuzukoAria

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 119 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 06:05 PM

I wanted Mayuyu to be centre,but now she's an under girl...however it would be weird to see AKB without Acchan, I'm glad she got in~

#52 L414

L414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 861 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 07:28 PM

I'm not an expert on AKB48. What does the result mean exaclty? Only the first n girls get to be in the sinlge? Is that it?

I thought Acchan was the face of AKB. Why has she scored so low?
さん…?%&#ぜn

#53 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:27 PM

AKB48 has 48 girls + kenkyuusei girls (research students), that forms what is, well, known as AKB48. There's the three + one teams - that of Team A, Team K, Team B and Team Kenkyuusei. And whenever there's a single release, Akimoto picks a certain number of girls from these teams (although it should be noted he has had a tendency to add girls from SKE48 too, for whatever reasons).

So - these girls added forms what's known as senbatsu. Before this was it, there wasn't anything else below, but then he started to create Undergirls, and below Undergirls again, Theater Girls. This when each group had song on the singles - AKB48, UG and TG - meant that there was a PV for each song too, and that means potential screentime.

Akimoto mad genius as he is, thought that instead of him picking the girls, he'd one day just let fans do the job for him. So we got voting tickets, and there was the first senbatsu election. There's been a second, where Yuko was voted #1.

What happened now however, was a senbatsu process not based on Akimoto's choices, nor fans - it was based on the girls themselves, and their skills - or luck rather - in rock, paper, scissors - ie., jankenpon.

So brackets were made, and at end of Yoyogi concert, this was announced. Kenkyuusei girls competed for positions first, then the girls positions in the brackets were decided based on what random number the girls drew.

In the event which just was, the girls did jankenpon based on 1 shot, winner advances. The girl winning would get another chance after this, to further improve her position, until either becoming center girl or at one point losing. As such we would get the entire #1 to #48 mapped out. First round losers would form Theater Girls, next group of girls would form Under Girls (and here positions would be decided ultimately by way of janken from a loser bracket), and then AKB48 positions.

There's the concept of "media line" in AKB48, which usually means from girl 12 and upwards. If senbatsu number is 21, then it's only girl #12 to #1 that gets to go on the TV shows promoting or performing as the group during this single campaign, the others aren't doing this (this also includes UG and TG).

This for an idol is of course important since it means air time, recognition and all these things. And they all strive to get more popular, get more airtime, etc. Herein comes the word oshimen and its importance into play. Having an oshimen isn't just "having a favorite", having an oshimen is the girl you support. This is the girl you want to support so she can get popular, or remain popular. The ways of support are numerous but it's an active process. Girls without fans do of course notice this, and for them it's real hard to make it.

Now...

- If someone is in the three single units when Akimoto makes the decision, then it's because he thinks so and so girl should be here or there.

- If someone is in the three single units after a general election, it's because of votes from fans.

- And here, what we're talking about, positions are what they are now today based on the girls skill or luck in jankenpon game.

So Acchan being low here has nothing to do with popularity. She still is the face of AKB48 :)

#54 lala

lala

♥ Voted KY greatest fan 2011 ♥

• Senpai
  • 4428 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 09:34 PM

Apparently Acchan fainted/collapsed?
according to Arama
Sanspo says it here, she had to go to the first aid room
http://www.sanspo.co...20505014-n1.htm

Posted Image

♥ Voted as KY greatest fan 2011 ♥ Thank you for voting for me everyone ♥

♥ My KY fanblog ♥

♥ JunJun . KY Ikuta . (B)Nacchan . (S)Kanakana . (N)Sayaka . (HKT)Anna . (Nogizaka46)Ikuchan♥

#55 L414

L414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 861 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:36 AM

Thank you, Krusha, for the elaborate explanation.

So Acchan is in senbatsu but not in the media line? :unsure:

Maeda Ami is someone who caught my eye recently. I'm happy that she's so far up. :)
さん…?%&#ぜn

#56 droopy10

droopy10

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1267 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:53 AM

^
^

That might explain why Acchan isn't in the senbatsu photo but why isn't Maeda Ami in it either?

#57 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 04:14 PM

No idea :)

#58 wishywashy

wishywashy

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 02:01 AM

^
^

That might explain why Acchan isn't in the senbatsu photo but why isn't Maeda Ami in it either?

Because Ami is too young to work after 9pm.

#59 droopy10

droopy10

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1267 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 05:58 AM

^
Thanks, makes sense I guess the cut off is 15.

#60 mayuyued

mayuyued

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:37 AM

kinda disappointed that my favs watanabe mayu and hirajima natsumi are in the undergirls but am looking fwd to a lovely team b song :X
ganbatte mayuyu
Posted Image
Mayuyu Oshi Kuumin Oshi! :D
Please visit http://notcliche.com/amaimono
よろしくね!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users