• Please log in to reply
1469 replies to this topic

#1 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:31 AM

So I just watched the audition special about NMB48, and there were a lot of interesting girls around.

For those who might be familiar with H!P Kansai, and SI*NA, a former girl from here, Nakayama Nana, auditioned, and made it from the batch of 7600 girls to the batch of 400 girls and now moved on to batch of 106 girls. Will she be yet another girl to have tried out for / been in H!P and then joined an Akimoto project (AKB/SKE/SDN/NMB)?

Who are your favorites? Disappointed that someone from 400 batch didn't make it?

I noticed one girl whom I haven't seen anybody mention yet so far, who didn't make it to 106 batch, and that was girl #13, name Sotohara Miyu (Born in 1996).
Wasn't really sure at first but then I noticed she did introduce herself as "Sotohara Miyu".

Posted Image
Posted Image

I recognized her because she's been in various magazines related to U15 girls but she hasn't really had much of a career except being a somewhat popular underground idol (actually not sure if she has even been "somewhat popular" - so many of these girls never make a name for themselves).

Former U15/O15 girls (or girls who did gravure and/or CM's, modelling activity before joining) I can think of, when it comes to AKB48 is Oshima Yuko first and foremost, but then also Nakata Chisato, Suzuki Mariya, Nakamura Mariko, and Ono Erena. (Am I missing someone?)

Well, I am sure the next episode will be even better, if we get to see the girls singing and dancing! :)

========================================

Edit:

And here's an update to the NMB48 audition thread!:

Results are in, and 26 girls have been officially announced as part of NMB48 - albeit at the moment as kenkyuusei / research students in terms of status. They presented themselves at the 101009 Tokyo Aki Matsuri (AKB48/SKE48/SDN48 related event), and here's a picture from a press conference:

Posted Image

(For those who wonder if Nakayama Nana of SI*NA fame made it, yes she did - and she can be seen second to right, front row. She has now changed her name to Yamada Nana)

For a complete overview of who are officially part of NMB48, please go to the homepage:

http://nmb48.com/ and http://nmb48.com/member/

#2 Tony Oguri

Tony Oguri

Connoisseur of Fine Ladies

• Senpai
  • 2385 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:23 AM

I'm not too familiar with NMB48 yet. But my home away from home while in Japan is Shinsaibashi which isn't too far from Namba (it's on the same line). There's a lot sugoi cuties there. This should be great!

Attached File  DSC_0108.jpg   250.09K   108 downloads

ym.jpg

World's greatest and #1 fan of Oguri Yui, Yahagi Moeka, and Chiba Erii.

#3 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:25 AM

The first time I saw the name, "Not Much Boob 48" came to mind :whistle: *runs*

i thought it might be a bit too quick, since SKE hasnt made big enough yet imo. But it's also a good move to hit the iron while the 48 name is hot and expand their territory. It will likely depend on if they can recruit some jewels like the Matsuis and how much push they will get.

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#4 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:48 AM

Might as well be now with everyone else making up all these copycat groups out there lest some talent get snatched up by someone else. Plus all the new girl idol groups that seem to be popping up weekly.

However, this probably means: Akimoto has to write even more songs, NMB girls might sneak into AKB or SKE singles.

Some might say SKE and SDN don't have 48 yet so it's too early.

Is the audition show online somewhere?

Anyway, more Kansai girls is a good thing IMO. Wonder if any ones from as far away as Okinawa or Hokkaido get in. Doubt it though.

What happened to the supposed HKT48?

#5 Amoz

Amoz

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2054 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:12 AM

^ http://www.hello-onl...s&torrent=30471

Internet killed common sense.

#6 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:25 AM

^ thanks!

So far I think these might make it or at least I hope most of them do:

1/106 317
2/106 30
3/106 3
4/106 171
5/106 4
14/106 32
15/106 61
21/106 95 (b/c she can talk so maybe she'll be the Nonti or Nachu of the group?)
27/106 138 (looks a little like Amina?)
34/106 163
35/106 373
41/106 198 (what's with her hair & clothes though?)
64/106 280
70/106 301
71/106 311
73/106 324
75/106 326
76/106 329
79/106 356
82/106 365
83/106 306
88/106 308
95/106 414
Last 1 409 (Shinkai Rina voice?)

The girl that was saying "uso! nai nai nai" didn't make it? Wow. Her and the glasses girl they interviewed should have gotten in but I guess they weren't as good at interviews as some of the less cute girls that got in.

33/106 157 might get in since her sister is in SKE unless she got bad genes.

Seems quite a few of them aren't newcomers, esp w/ 27 alleged to be Nakayama Nana (ex-SI*NA) according to the NMB48 thread on Stage 48, which I'm sure many ppl here also went to.

Sorry but that one glasses girl looking at the board in disbelief was hilarious.

#7 Masuku

Masuku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1112 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:47 PM

Where can I watch the audition special?

#8 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:05 PM

Check out Amoz' post..

#9 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:40 PM

mkay fangasm time.

EEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee~ Nana!! <3 She was my favourite SI*NA member and I've missed her ='(

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#10 Masuku

Masuku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1112 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:14 PM

^
^
Oh yeah checked that already earlier but i closed the tab because the SKE48 made me clueless about what was going on.

However just watched the audition special and i'm very very excited for the next round!! I really wouldn't like to pick up members yet but there is some super cute ones <3

#11 Azu-Nyan

Azu-Nyan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2784 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:22 PM

Whoa, cool~ Can't wait! :D

But,

Will she be yet another girl to have tried out for / been in H!P and then joined an Akimoto project (AKB/SKE/SDN/NMB)?

Can I ask what girls auditioned for H!P and then joined an Akimoto pro? :huh:

#12 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:47 PM

Noro Kayo aka Nonti auditioned for Morning Musume, yet didn't make it. She went on later to become a 2nd gen AKB48 member by way of joining the then created Team K. She recently became captain of the newly created SDN48 unit. Very funny girl, good vocals.

There's other girls, such as Umeda Ayaka (Umechan), Kashiwagi Yuki (Yukirin), and Sato Sumire (Suuchan).

Umechan auditioned for the first 7th gen MM audition round, which ended with Tsunku not picking anybody. I recall Tsunku being absolutely 100% positive about her in the rounds, so I don't understand why he didn't pick her. Doesn't matter though, she went on to become a 2nd gen member of AKB48 just like Nonti, by becoming a Team K member, which she still is today. She's also Tokyo Tower Girl. Good vocals, great dancer.

Yukirin and Suuchan both auditioned for 8th gen Morning Musume audition round, and both as we know, weren't picked. Yukirin made it to the semi finals or so I believe, while Suuchan made it to the final.

Yukirin went on to become a 3rd gen AKB48 member, by joining the then created Team B - last team to be made for AKB48. She's an integral member of Team B, and is today Team B's captain (other captains are Takahashi Minami of Team A, Akimoto Sayaka of Team K - and Nonti already mentioned).
She has good vocals, and she's vastly popular amongst wotas and general fans (females in particular) - something which became quite obvious, when in 2009 she had most sold PB in Japan.

Suuchan was a favorite in the 8th gen audition, together with Kikkawa Yuu - both in Japan and overseas. Much to the dismay of fans, she wasn't picked. She continued doing various kind of stage plays/musicals after this audition round, and later entered AKB48 through auditions to become a kenkyuusei, or "research student".
Think of it as the parallell to H!P Eggs, except girls get promoted to the flagship if they are good enough, instead of usually just remaining as H!P Eggs forever (see Kikkawa Yuu for a good example of this). Suuchan joined Team Kenkyuusei and performed with this team in the AKB theater, but also with the other teams, getting more and more opportunities to showcase her skills. She travelled with AKB48 to Paris in 2009, and then later to New York - and I believe Cannes as well. She got promoted to Team B as a full-fledged AKB48 member, and she's getting quite popular.

Other AKB48 girls that auditioned for H!P was Minegishi Minami, aka Miichan, who tried out for H!P Kids, yet didn't make it. She is now today an integral member of AKB48 and Team A, as a 1st gen member. She's also part of the sub-unit trio No Sleeves / no3b.
Quite funny and quirky girl, good vocals but a very good dancer.

Also, Tanamin of AKB48 auditioned I recently heard, in addition Momona of SKE48, and Airin of SKE48.

So then there's also now the former H!P Kansai / SI*NA girl who auditioned for H!P in 10/2005 - was announced as part of audition winners 25/8/2006, and spent her time in H!P Kansai from then til the day she left, 25/7/2009. Not exactly sure what she did in that timeperiod but then I haven't seen much from H!P Kansai. If she goes through to the final round to become an NMB48 member, her activity list will rise dramatically.

Hope this helps somehow, and if I missed any girl my apologies.

#13 Azu-Nyan

Azu-Nyan

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2784 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:33 PM

Thanks for the loads of info, Krusha. :D I had no idea all those girls auditioned. O:

#14 Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri

Selfish shooting star, Make my wish come true

• Senpai
  • 5673 posts

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:20 PM

with the timing of the NMB48 auditions and the MM one probably the girls that didn't get into the lot chosen on that show might then audition for MM so we might see them again...

E67uDCX.jpg?1

#15 ryowatari

ryowatari

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 14 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 01:32 AM

with the timing of the NMB48 auditions and the MM one probably the girls that didn't get into the lot chosen on that show might then audition for MM so we might see them again...

it would be interesting see the same girls in MM audition

#16 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 05:51 AM

Would be even more interesting if some girls who didn't get picked for NMB48 get picked for MM's 9th gen since a few currently significant girls in the AKB family didn't get picked when they auditioned for MM.

Off topic: would be nice if more of the H!P Eggs were given a chance to join the main groups like with AKB and the kenkyuusei system, but after looking into it it seems the ones who do get promoted get put into new groups.

Found a youtube link for those who just want to see the girls that are moving on to the next round. Hopefully it's not removed right away.

Here

#17 micchipyon☆

micchipyon☆

おつかれいな ~ ♡

• Senpai
  • 4081 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:52 AM

What is this NMB48? XD

☆ set by Apple Cake // 田中れいな、永遠に 愛する♥ ☆

Posted Image

twitter × personal tumblr × youtube × yuko fantumblr
《voted as tanaka reina's & ogawa saki's greatest fan 2O11》

#18 Masuku

Masuku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1112 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 12:20 PM

^ New Osaka based sister group of AKB48.

I think i read that Aki-p wants to conquer Japan with these 48 girl group formations and that's the reason why SKE48 exists and now NMB48 is being formed.
SDN48 isn't part of the nationwide girl group thingie, they just are the matured version of AKB.

#19 micchipyon☆

micchipyon☆

おつかれいな ~ ♡

• Senpai
  • 4081 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 12:56 PM

^

Oh, I see :o

☆ set by Apple Cake // 田中れいな、永遠に 愛する♥ ☆

Posted Image

twitter × personal tumblr × youtube × yuko fantumblr
《voted as tanaka reina's & ogawa saki's greatest fan 2O11》

#20 anhh

anhh

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5584 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 08:27 PM

(seems like the whole show is dedicated to the asian Spice Girls selection... ....)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users