Photo

Video Playback Issues

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
175 replies to this topic

#161 Eminem2005

Eminem2005

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 06:20 AM

I installed latest ffdshow, but I couldn't play the video.
Next, I installed latest Haali Media Splitter, but still couldn't watch the video.
Then, I changed the file name from "(DVD) Solo DVD on H!P Sports Festival 2006 - Natsuyaki Miyabi.mp4" to
"(DVD) Solo DVD on H!P Sports Festival 2006 - Natsuyaki Miyabi.avi", and I could watch the video.
Thank you for you guys' helps.

#162 Ic3

Ic3

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 06:23 AM

I installed latest ffdshow, but I couldn't play the video.
Next, I installed latest Haali Media Splitter, but still couldn't watch the video.
Then, I changed the file name from "(DVD) Solo DVD on H!P Sports Festival 2006 - Natsuyaki Miyabi.mp4" to
"(DVD) Solo DVD on H!P Sports Festival 2006 - Natsuyaki Miyabi.avi", and I could watch the video.
Thank you for you guys' helps.

Haha, hope you did that after reading the Berryz thread i stated in the first post... :P good for you then :D It's a crude way, but if it works, then all the better~

- CASE CLOSED :P -

#163 Eminem2005

Eminem2005

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 0 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 06:56 AM

I changed the file's name before installing latest Haali Media Splitter, but I couldn't play the video at that time. However, after I installed Haali Media Splitter instead of other media splitter, I could watch it. Thus I think the problem was that I didn't have Haali Media Splitter.
Anyway, thank you for your help.

#164 Ic3

Ic3

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 13 July 2006 - 07:03 AM

I changed the file's name before installing latest Haali Media Splitter, but I couldn't play the video at that time. However, after I installed Haali Media Splitter instead of other media splitter, I could watch it. Thus I think the problem was that I didn't have Haali Media Splitter.
Anyway, thank you for your help.

Haali Media Splitter is installed together with K-lite, that's why i love codec packs ::P: Simplifies a lot of things... :D But ultimately, as I mentioned in another thread, it would be best to be able to play MP4 files directly instead of finding a workaround through AVI.. It wouldn't be long before MP4 becomes mainstream imho :P But sometimes, there's just too much trouble getting it to work that way. Sorry if my explanation made you go through a little too many hoops to get the video to run :unsure Anyways, enjoy Miyabi's sport fest solo dvd :cool

#165 D3R3LIC7

D3R3LIC7

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 03:51 AM

:crying :crying
HELP! Can anyone HELP me?

I'm trying to play the Miyabi Solo DVD from the 2006 Sports Festival but I am not getting any luck successfully playing it.

Winamp - only audio

Windows Media Player 10
- "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

VLC Player - only video

BS Player - nothing at all

Media Player Classic -
The following pins failed to find a collectible filter:
MP4 Splitter (low merit)::GPAC ISO Video Handler

Stream 0
MP4 Splitter (low merit)

Media Type 0:
--------------------------
AM_MEDIA_TYPE:
majortype: MEDIATYPE_Video {73646976-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
subtype: Unknown GUID Name {31637661-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}
formattype: FORMAT_MPEG2_VIDEO {E06D80E3-DB46-11CF-B4D1-00805F6CBBEA}
bFixedSizeSamples: 1
bTemporalCompression: 0
lSampleSize: 1
cbFormat: 164

Media Type 1:
AM_MEDIA_TYPE:
subtype: Unknown GUID Name {31435641-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}

Thanks for any and all the help this community provides.
Posted Image

#166 Sakura_Y

Sakura_Y

Call me さくら and yes, I am a girl

• Senpai
  • 1607 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 04:32 AM

VLC Player - only video

...err....I loaded it into my VLC and it played just fine......so.....what're some of the codecs you have? Since that would more seem to be the problem

Berryz Koubou Fansite - Special Generation Forum (sadly this forum is gone but the link remains for posterity)
Listening to J-pop is like eating a can of Pringles "Once you Jpop you can't stop!"

#167 D3R3LIC7

D3R3LIC7

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 July 2006 - 04:45 AM

VLC Player - only video

...err....I loaded it into my VLC and it played just fine......so.....what're some of the codecs you have? Since that would more seem to be the problem

:lol: i don't know, i was never good with this codec stuff anyway
Posted Image

#168 lenovo

lenovo

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 0 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 03:16 AM

I have download (DVD) Solo DVD on H!P Sports Festival 2006 - Natsuyaki Miyabi,I can only hear the sound,but I can't watch it.... help

#169 MOGXIII

MOGXIII

Sleeping Member

• Senpai
  • 2197 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 04:43 AM

..shows how much we need to donate for better education.. Posted Image

..come and get me.. :P

°-°Izu°-°

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
リデュース 、 リユース 、 リサイクル
RI.DIU.SU,, RI.YU.SU,, RI.SA.I.KU.RU

p/s. AKB48 is Shmexy~ aRr~ >:] *ebil*

°-°Izu°-°

Amoz-senpai's Guide to Quoting/Editing
FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES
updated: August 2007

#170 toxic025

toxic025

Haterz!Online

• Senpai
  • 8026 posts

Posted 22 July 2006 - 11:54 PM

the miyabi solo DVD worked for me for VLC, Classic and Media 10.

racequeen.jpg

#171 Atomsk_72

Atomsk_72

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 July 2006 - 06:07 AM

Sounds like D3R3LIC7 and lenovo are having codec issues. MPEG-2 needs a codec just like divx formats, download the Mastroska Codec Pack http://www.matroska....ds/windows.html and ONLY INSTALL the MPEG-2 codec (only install codecs you need having too many installed can cause issues).

#172 NAzu

NAzu

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 04:58 PM

Newest BSplayer and SLD codec pack=No problems with any videos XD

:crying :crying
HELP! Can anyone HELP me?

I'm trying to play the Miyabi Solo DVD from the 2006 Sports Festival but I am not getting any luck successfully playing it.

Winamp - only audio

Windows Media Player 10
- "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

VLC Player - only video

BS Player - nothing at all

Media Player Classic -
The following pins failed to find a collectible filter:
MP4 Splitter (low merit)::GPAC ISO Video Handler

Stream 0
MP4 Splitter (low merit)

Media Type 0:
AM_MEDIA_TYPE:
subtype: Unknown GUID Name {31637661-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}

Media Type 1:
AM_MEDIA_TYPE:
subtype: Unknown GUID Name {31435641-0000-0010-8000-00AA00389B71}

Thanks for any and all the help this community provides.

Download a dvd player and it should work well. Power dvd is good if you have bundled with your graphic card or mobo.
Posted Image

#173 SacredCultivator

SacredCultivator

Division H!F

• Senpai
  • 2192 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 12:44 AM

This is continuing from my closed Thread, sorry about that:

My problem was fixed but I was lame and had to dl the Beta Driver for my Video Card... So here I go:

Okay I am stupid but my problem was fixed and I just had to update my Video Cards Driver to a Beta one and that is where my problem came in again..

Explanation: Fix: Used Nvidia PureVideo(Standalone) and CCCP and added the Nvidia Filters into MPC and then in my Properties->Settings->Video Card-> Full Screen Video-> Put Secondary Display(TV) on{As default is Off}. And there we go problem solved my videos didn't play all choppy and I didn't need to change my Resolution on Monitor (1280x1024) to see everything perfectly on my tv that plays at (1024x768) which in the past I had to change my Monitor res everytime I played via tv....

K and then I installed the dumb beta driver that features "Pure Video" and that is when the problem came...

And after uninstalling it reinstalling it (The Standalone Nvidia PureVideo and the Driver) I am stuck at my problem...

Problem: When I watch my videos on TV.. there are Black Gaps.. Depending on Files Extension(.TS/.AVI). For .TS files the gaps would be at the top and bottom (Almost as if I am watching WideScreen), and for .AVI files, the gaps are on the left and right. Of course... If I usemy TV Remote and change the Format, .TS=>Expand, .AVI=>Zoom, then they look just fine but that is a hassle and I don't want to do that as I didn't have to before i installed the dumb beta driver... And the settings within MPC were unchanged so it isn't like I changed anything on that to make it this way as things stayed the same as when it worked just fine.

So I am left at... What might have caused this to happen? When I uninstalled/reinstalled the Video Card Drivers I used DriveCleaner Pro, so I am sure it rid the driver... Not too sure if anyone has a clue as to what my problem is.. but if you do your help is greatly appreciated thank you.

PS: If it makes any difference, this is my TV. Just look at the Product Specifications (.PDF) if it helps.
Hello!Fansubs is recruiting Translators and Karaoke-Typesetters, PM if interested.
OR if you need my assistance in fansubbing (QC/Encoding), let me know.

#174 MOGXIII

MOGXIII

Sleeping Member

• Senpai
  • 2197 posts

Posted 30 September 2006 - 08:04 AM

ahh, so u were also referring to playback on an hdtv. hmm, not much knowledge on that since i dont have one to play around with.

try your luck with nyekobug. :c13:

°-°Izu°-°

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
リデュース 、 リユース 、 リサイクル
RI.DIU.SU,, RI.YU.SU,, RI.SA.I.KU.RU

p/s. AKB48 is Shmexy~ aRr~ >:] *ebil*

°-°Izu°-°

Amoz-senpai's Guide to Quoting/Editing
FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES
updated: August 2007

#175 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 12 March 2007 - 01:23 AM

Burned the Ayaka's Surprise English Lesson FC-DVD isos to DVD+Rs using Nero and Sonic and seems like both times trying to watch them on the computer using Windows Media Player Classic or VLC the playback starts to become choppy a few tracks in.

Anyone else experience this problem? First time burning isos as images to disc so maybe I did something wrong.

#176 Segasonic

Segasonic

9th gen member

• Validating
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 08:00 AM

Figured I'll try to get back into the community since the one I normally go to seems dead. (D.A.M.N.)
And I have more time lately.
My favorite player is KMPlayer:
http://www.kmplayer....orums/index.php

First off Winamp was the only music player I used till I found this.
When it's in music mode it acts and looks just like Winamp I believe it's the modern skin I know it looks something like MMD3 skin.
What sold me to the music mode is the skin changes colors after every song, Winamp you have to do it manually.
Video speaking it's better than anything else I used.
VLC often crashed my PC and I haven't found a file it couldn't play and I didn't install any codecs.
But I must make a disclaimer.
I didn't find this program till after my Motherboard went kaput and upgraded my video card for my new monitor, hence it might not have been VLC but those components that gave me errors causing the crashes.

There's no going back to VLC now for me or winamp.