Photo

Video Playback Issues

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
175 replies to this topic

#41 Spitfire

Spitfire

Operation Spitfire!!! Commence~

• Senpai
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 01:03 AM

You happen to be in UWH/TWH by any chance?

i don't even know what uwh is :lol:

Yeah, Anyone kind enough to explain it?... :good:

I was just thinking where are you getting your wrestling-stuff.... UWH and TWH are hubs where you can get wrestling from, but I'm not going to advertise them here "-_-

I seldom see wrestilng in pc. just from tv or videos
Posted Image
Posted Image

#42 Taurmindo

Taurmindo

9th gen member

• Uploader
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 02:13 AM

Reason: codecs. Install FFDshow and it should play nicely  :lol:

ffdshow destroyed it all for me. ;P
once upon a time everything was working. at that time i used ace mega codec pack (yea, hate me .. "-_-). but i needed to kill like all else programs to keep it from lagging, so i decided to change; uninstalled all crap, installed some codecs (no ffdshow though) and played in bsplayer. and everything was good.

until i noticed that vobs werent played with song (wtf! :)). this, of course, cannot be, so i tried some other stuff. uninstalling and installing stuffs in different orders.. now trying ffdshow. after ffdshow my bsplayer was fx_xcked up. dont wanna describe the problem, but it refused to play unless i started the file in like mpc and t hen starting it in bsplayer too, without closing down mpc, and then closing down mpc when bsplayer started.. pure crap. :good: got me quite furious tbh.

after that i just uninstalled everything that ever had something to do with ffdshow, reinstalled bsplayer + some codecs.. and now everything works.
i thought, until the latest two musume documents (reina singing lessons) 52 & 53 iirc.. so now im searching for a way to play them, without that ffdshow-thingy that disabled all playing instead of enabling it. any tips? :) (still wanna use bsplayer ;P)
now, that's quality comments that everyone can enjoy.

#43 Spitfire

Spitfire

• Senpai
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 03:03 AM

Tried FFD and it doesn't seem to work....

For the Mplayer, do you need to install anything. I can't seem to find the .exe file... "-_-
Posted Image
Posted Image

#44 velven

velven

Official Maiko's BBQ

• Senpai
  • 159 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 04:01 AM

:good: return (i thought Real player already has everything)? true:false;

#45 Spitfire

Spitfire

• Senpai
  • 63 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 04:12 AM

:good: return (i thought Real player already has everything)? true:false;

false....maybe :lol:
Posted Image
Posted Image

#46 yggg

yggg

Devourer of Spam

• Dai-Senpai
  • 893 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 04:27 AM

i thot realplayer has everything else that slows down ur pc? :good:
ZONE is only good at one thing... that is, making music :)

#47 velven

velven

Official Maiko's BBQ

• Senpai
  • 159 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 11:46 AM

:good: haha.. forgive me for ignorance...
story is that i've downloaded real player, comes a bunch a codecs, but before that
i've already have ffdShow... but i think theres some problem with it then i download another codec pack on top of it...lol
:lol: the more the merrier?
then again, maybe its slowing me too...

#48 CommandeR

CommandeR

6th gen member

• Uploader
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 12:58 PM

the best codec pack for all is the KickAssAnime codec pack.
with this package you don't need anything else.

http://www.kickassanime.tk
get it off their website, try it and tell me if it works. :good:
Posted Image
I tried some photoshopping, damn I suck ^^

#49 Scepter

Scepter

5th gen member

• Senpai
  • 153 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 01:55 PM

Hmm... If FFD didn't help you then I'd recommend Gordian Knot-codec pack. It has practically every (including FFDshow) codec type that you will ever need. Though it's practically a pack of other codec packs "-_- But it even helped for my school's computers (which are reaaally lousy :lol: )

Check http://gordianknot.sourceforge.net/ :good:
Risa Recommends:http://www.denness.net/scrobblersig/username/Citadel/labelcolor/6666FF/trackcolor/000000/backgroundcolor/#EEF1F6/backgroundtransparent/0.png
Posted Image
Yo. Please support my band :)

#50 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 02:49 AM

I just installed the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 1.25. It has always worked 100% for me. You guys should check out the new BSPlayer in this codec pack, cuz it is superfast, and totally stable. There is a new version of media player classic in this also, but only with minor updates.

ffdhow? I say :)
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#51 agb

agb

3rd gen member

• Senpai
  • 306 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 04:00 PM

I just installed the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack 1.25. It has always worked 100% for me. You guys should check out the new BSPlayer in this codec pack, cuz it is superfast, and totally stable. There is a new version of media player classic in this also, but only with minor updates.

ffdhow? I say :noo:

BSplayer is quickly becoming my player of choice for avi's at 1x. However, it still has problem sometimes with rm 10 stuff... Mediaplayer classic is my fallback whenever something doesn't play in bsplayer

#52 CommandeR

CommandeR

6th gen member

• Uploader
  • 51 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 06:40 PM

nobody tried the KAA pack yet >? :omg:
I am shocked x_x :sob:
Posted Image

#53 agb

agb

3rd gen member

• Senpai
  • 306 posts

Posted 24 March 2005 - 10:41 PM

nobody tried the KAA pack yet >? :omg:
I am shocked x_x :sob:

I tried but couldn't install it. Then I read somewhere that it had a lot of malware... So I got the k-lite pak instead

#54 CommandeR

CommandeR

6th gen member

• Uploader
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 12:10 PM

uhmmm where did you read the KAA pack has alot of malware?
I am using it for 6 full months now and I never had any problems with it, nor did I get any malware with it ^__^
Posted Image

#55 ThousandSG

ThousandSG

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 April 2005 - 05:39 AM

just tried using XVID codec,

then use WMP to play the videos, it works for me when i have a really bad comp. Using windows ME, and with the old WMP (windows media player)

#56 綺麗な氷

綺麗な氷

Druidist follower of the Goddess Kago

• Senpai
  • 3252 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 03:24 AM

You happen to be in UWH/TWH by any chance?

i don't even know what uwh is XD

Yeah, Anyone kind enough to explain it?... XP

I was just thinking where are you getting your wrestling-stuff.... UWH and TWH are hubs where you can get wrestling from, but I'm not going to advertise them here "-_-

I seldom see wrestilng in pc. just from tv or videos

i don't want to see wrestling unless momusu is invovled.
wait scratch that where can i find sumo?
Mo ghrá thú, a Ai Kago
New signature coming probably never! :D

#57 ky_khor

ky_khor

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 1312 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 02:44 AM

The media player of my choice:

Media Player Classic - All kind of Video
Winamp 5 - All kind of Audio

I've been trying around new media player recently, and i would say Media Player Classic is good. It support frame by frame scrolling so i can get the clearer screencap.

It can play all sort of media even Quicktime and Real media if u have them installed. But the problem is how can i register it to the Windows? which mean you right click on the file, it comes out the option "add to playlist", "play" etc. So far Media Player Classic doesn't need to install at all. Just unzip, then register the file type in "Option".

It can play DVD. But so far from what i know is there is no option to change subtitle or language half way playing the DVD.

Winamp is the first and last mp3 player i ever use. LOL

other player i've tried:
Windows Media Player 10
BSplayer
VLCPlayer
PowerDVD
Intervideo DVD
Realplayer Gold 1.0
Quicktime
Divxplayer
Zoom player
TCMplayer

#58 chin0bo

chin0bo

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 137 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 02:52 AM

for divx and avi i use vlc player cause it plays everything you throw at it (well it plays all my files and including corrupted one) also use bsplayer.
i agree about winamp and how its basically the only player i use for music :(
i never use windows media player cause it really sucks and seems to work slowly when other stuff are running but i do also like classic media player.

#59 yggg

yggg

Devourer of Spam

• Dai-Senpai
  • 893 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 02:55 AM

Windows Media Player 6.4.. yes the old one.. works like a charm without taking 5 min to start up

VLC to view difficult files (strange TS, mpeg2, weird codecs), can use the de-interlace function and also check partially downloaded files

BSplayer for subs/screencaps
ZONE is only good at one thing... that is, making music :)

#60 nyekobug

nyekobug

nyekobooger

• Senpai
  • 511 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 03:16 AM

Media Player Classic 6.4.8.4

I swear by MPC. It links into everything, and gives full visibility for codecs (i.e. I can configure FFDshow on the fly). Plus it supports dual monitor perfectly (I can fullscreen video on monitor #2, i.e. my TV, and still be able to chat and surf the web on my primary). I was going to play around with it's internal AC3 decoder to see if I could get my Shuttle/VidServer to do SPDIF/Optical sound, but that requires both a source and a reciever :(.

As for audio, Winamp 2.80.

Newer is not always better ;D

-nyekobug
1.95TB uploaded!!!! \^.^/ Unofficially in charge of the HM2000 reseed project. My favorites: infidelguy.com, Digitally Imported FM (my playlist), 2 the Ranting Gryphon and Opie and Anthony. Visit the 塊魂 (Katamari Damashii) message board too!

Server is offline pretty much indefinately for filesharing. Sakura beats my share ratio :(