71 replies to this topic

#41 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:32 PM

Well... no

Buying their releases > Not buying their releases ( when it comes to 'support' )

#42 Dantea

Dantea

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 402 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 03:19 AM

3. “The anti-frontgirl”
>> i hate acchan i dont know why. oh wait, now i’m supposed to hate yuko. death to squirrels!

14. “the left behind”
>> hey akimoto wtf u totally forgot about fujie while pushing her halfway!

17. “the akb purist”
>> what’s this ske vermin doing on ma single wtf how can dis be called an akb single then it doesn’t make sense.

25. “the girls under the undergirls”
>> I feel that I am a messenger of hope, and supporter of truth and justice by supporting these girls. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

32. “The DD.”
>> Ohhhh theyre all so cute and lovely i cant pick a favourite! :3 GOTTA CATCH’EM ALL! AKB!

Hehe, I'm a little new to being an AKB fan, but I think these kinda fit me for now (I'm actually a bigger SKE fan, but still pretty casual)

I'm trying to like Acchan, I really am ^^;

Posted Image
Kumai Yurina · 10th generation · Oda Sakura · Akimoto Sayaka · Tashima Meru · Sashihara Rino · Mitsui Aika · Sudo Maasa

http://flyinthefingwine.blogspot.com/

#43 Masuku

Masuku

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1112 posts

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:17 AM

I haven't been able to find myself from the list (totally loving the fortune-tellet type btw) but I guess i fit the best under this one
26. “the AKB owns H!P hard but I still like Risako”
except let me swtich Risako to Sayu.

#44 MSHunters

MSHunters

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 155 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 02:57 PM

Well... no

Buying their releases > Not buying their releases ( when it comes to 'support' )

Well it's sad, I know. I've tried searching a bunch of stores, but I'm not really going to the extent of credit-carding or going nuts. Trust me, I love them, but we have limits..

#45 MimiChama

MimiChama

*~* 1/3 of the Musketeers of Miyaness *~*

• Senpai
  • 7723 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 04:42 PM

6. “the talent-centric”
It's not everything that matters, but it's very important to me :) Takamina <3

9. “the downloader“
I have made only a few purchases so far >__< Well, I still go to school and don't habe a job, so it might increase soon~ At least I have Takamina's PB <3

11. “the casual of casuals”
I probably now around 20 members in the whole 48 family... but I'm learning fast :)

24. “the men like girls”
Though it wouldn't come to me to call them man-like, but Takamina is a great Kai, and I adore Sae and Sayaka <3 (Better vampires than Edward by far??)

LOL this is more like a comment about Takamina??? ... lol.

#46 MSHunters

MSHunters

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 155 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 06:29 PM

^
Talk about coincidence. But she's all cool, at least. XD

#47 Malachite

Malachite

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 128 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:37 PM

Well it's sad, I know. I've tried searching a bunch of store, but I'm not really going to the extent of credit-carding or going nuts. Trust me, I love them, but we have limits..

CDJapan accepts Paypal. No credit card or nuts required.

#48 MSHunters

MSHunters

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 155 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 05:54 PM

^
There's just this part of me that doesn't want to deal with online transactions.. Had bad experiences before, I love AKB48 and will support it.
Nice touch with the "no nuts required" thing by the way.

#49 Krusha

Krusha

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 6993 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:37 AM

MSHunters,

You cannot find items in your local stores, which is quite understandable. And you don't want to use credit cards, less understandable but some are like that.

So then when presented with an alternative to credit cards which works very well (CDJapan is quite trustworthy), you all of a sudden don't want to do online transactions either.....

"Not that I have much of a choice"

Wrong.

So stop with the excuses, you do have a choice.

#50 BlackTsubaki

BlackTsubaki

Takamina

• Senpai
  • 1061 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 03:58 AM

I Agree I've bought plenty of items from both HMV and CDJapan, and haven't had a problem with either companies. If you won't buy from online shops chances are you won't buy from personal sellers either. Just know your limit when using credit cards.
Sorry for going off topic >_<

Takamina I Shimada Haruka I Mayuyu

#51 Malachite

Malachite

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:07 AM

There's just this part of me that doesn't want to deal with online transactions.. Had bad experiences before, but trust me, I love AKB48 and will support it. =)
Nice touch with the "no nuts required" thing by the way.

Would that be the part of you that says "why buy things I can get for free?" or one of those other parts?

Although I do wish people would support what they like and enjoy, I won't hold piracy against anyone personally, but you could at least be more honest about it. No one is going to send Sayaka around to your house just because you download stuff.

For what it's worth, Paypal is completely safe and allows you to open disputes and demand money back if your item doesn't arrive. Which it would, by the way, not that I believe you're actually interested in purchasing anything. I am curious as to what exactly you mean by "support" if not through financial means though.

#52 Mei.ka~

Mei.ka~

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2211 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 04:11 AM

I DO apply to some of these in a way, but not fully.

3. The Anti-Front Girl - I don't hate all of the front girls, (Actually, I like Yuko a lot) it's just that I try and get myself to like the lesser-known ones better. Although, some of the members that I dislike ARE the front girls, but not 'cause of their position... Did that make sense? XD Well, I'm moving on to the next one. XP

12. The Unhappy One - This only happened... Maybe one time with Yokoyama Yui getting more...Centertime? than Sasshi and Kitarie in Shuumatsu Not Yet. Other than that, I don't really care.

34. The In Self Denial - In the beginning, when I started to find out what AKB was, I'm pretty sure I was in a little self-denial, but not in the way that was presented in the example. XD Like I was listening to their songs to get a complete judgement of them and I was in denial that I was starting to like them. Now, I KNOW that I like them, but still, my liking for them is not nearly as humongous as my love for other groups (H!P of course, Happiness, Momoclo, 9nine, Perfume etc.)

And I laughed so hard at 18 and 32. 18 because SOMEONE on H!O is EXACTLY like that (Though I won't mention who :P) and 32 because of the Pokemon reference. Haha Great compilation!

VwvggPK.jpg
Avatar and Signature by Me ~I love cheese! X3~"
Graphics Thread

#53 MSHunters

MSHunters

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 155 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:36 AM

You cannot find items in your local stores, which is quite understandable. And you don't want to use credit cards, less understandable but some are like that.

So then when presented with an alternative to credit cards which works very well (CDJapan is quite trustworthy), you all of a sudden don't want to do online transactions either.....

"Not that I have much of a choice"

So stop with the excuses, you do have a choice.

My intention is to wait for someone to retail it or even search other places, which I still am attempting. I've never been satisfied with online transactions and try to convince me, it'll take long. It's true enough that I'm limiting my own options, but it's no excuse. And it's not "all of a sudden", thank you for adding that little detail. Call it my way of doing things, and I'd like for that to be respected.

I Agree I've bought plenty of items from both HMV and CDJapan, and haven't had a problem with either companies. If you won't buy from online shops chances are you won't buy from personal sellers either. Just know your limit when using credit cards.
Sorry for going off topic >_<

It's perfectly fine. You're nowhere near off topic. I wished I was introduced earlier though. Least I could do was get a number of copies myself during the last trip I had. It's gonna be a while before I go back. Oh, and I don't have a credit card by the way.

Would that be the part of you that says "why buy things I can get for free?" or one of those other parts?

Although I do wish people would support what they like and enjoy, I won't hold piracy against anyone personally, but you could at least be more honest about it. No one is going to send Sayaka around to your house just because you download stuff.

For what it's worth, Paypal is completely safe and allows you to open disputes and demand money back if your item doesn't arrive. Which it would, by the way, not that I believe you're actually interested in purchasing anything. I am curious as to what exactly you mean by "support" if not through financial means though.

Finance isn't the only way to go around. There's a number of other methods (take moral support as an example and no it is not an excuse). In any case, it's only a matter of time before they do show up in stores. I'm more of a practical person, if you get my point. Clearly, I won't hold any form of offense to anyone here. You'll get what I mean if you live where I live.

#54 Malachite

Malachite

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 128 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:52 PM

Finance isn't the only way to go around. There's a number of other methods (take moral support as an example and no it is not an excuse). In any case, it's only a matter of time before they do show up in stores. I'm more of a practical person, if you get my point. Clearly, I won't hold any form of offense to anyone here. You'll get what I mean if you live where I live.

Oh but I'm afraid that financial means are the only feasible way to "support" them in the real world. It's not a football team, it's an idol group. I'm not sure how you can offer the girls moral support without knowing them personally and just the fact that you like them isn't going to put food on their plates.

If you want to support them and you have the financial means to do so, then please do so. If you don't have the financial means to support them, then I sympathise and encourage you to download everything you can find, it's all good. If you do have the financial means but you just don't want to support them, then don't. Just stop making excuses for it.

#55 MSHunters

MSHunters

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 155 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:51 AM

(Actually, I like Yuko a lot)

Hi-five. XD

#56 Mei.ka~

Mei.ka~

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2211 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 06:45 PM

(Actually, I like Yuko a lot)

Hi-five. XD

Hahahah XD *Hi-Five*
I have to admit, I'm not a fan of her voice, but I like the energy she puts into her dancing. Plus, from tiny clips I have seen from AKBINGO! (Never watched a full episode) and other clips, she's really goofy and funny! For me, dancing and personality is a big thing when "picking" which people I like. Also, it doesn't hurt to like what she looks like; her looks are really unique and she's cute!

VwvggPK.jpg
Graphics Thread

#57 MSHunters

MSHunters

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:51 PM

^
Her dancing is amazing. It's evident from the Heavy Rotation choreography that she's a powerful dancer. I guess having center position helps motivate her anyways. It's true that's she really goofy and young on the inside. Many people tend to mistake her for a much younger age, but that's a great thing. I've read from another blog (link will not be disclosed for privacy reasons) that he/she cited Yuko as the Team K version of the dorky Maeda Atsuko. You also got the whole personality thing right. Normally people'd be a fan of Maeda or Mayu, but I suppose I'm not. I like her mainly for her smile and big eyes. Oh, she's got dimples too. She's also the first member I've known by name actually.

大島優子. First character means big (big in personality!) whereas second character means island. So maybe it means big things come in small packages. Chinese names are awesome when it comes to interpretation, but well, this is "just" Yuko. Continue supporting Yuko, for life!

#58 Mei.ka~

Mei.ka~

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2211 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:23 PM

^ Yeah, watching the dance of Heavy Rotation definitely made me think that she was a powerful dancer. Whenever I do the dance to it, I try to do the splits as energetic as I can. XD Now that you say that, Yuko IS similiar to Acchan when she's dorky. Wait, what do you mean that I got the personality right? The part where I said she's goofy? Or when I said I choose people on personality? Or what? XD Sorry for me not understanding what you meant. But wow, I feel proud of myself for getting her personality right if that's what you meant since I'm still learning about their personalities and whatnot. :good: Did that make sense again? XD Yeah, her dimples are like her charm point for me. It's what makes Yuko Yuko. Acually, I knew Acchan by name first, but that's because in River, she reminded me so much of Takahashi Ai/Ai-chan so I HAD to know her name. XP Plus, she just kept on being center and her face is unique, so it's hard not to notice her. I still don't really like her, though. :lol:
Whoa, I never interpreted names like that! That's actually really cool! It fits her so well! Well, if she keeps on shining positively, I will! ;)

VwvggPK.jpg
Graphics Thread

#59 MSHunters

MSHunters

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 155 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 09:51 PM

^
That was the first song introduced to me anyways (and my favorite ever since). This might sound a little weird but I do attempt to dance along (despite being a guy and all) and I must say, the splits were the hardest. Even in the other singles, albeit less prominent, you can find her choreography very nicely done. A sexy performance, as they name it. Ya, you were right when you said she was goofy, it's seen all over every single AKBINGO! episode she participated in. By name, I too knew the term Acchan first because it was somehow famous. Of course I didn't exactly know who she was, but rather just the nickname and that's it. Yuko was the first actual name I learned (and came to remember with kanji). I learned about AKB48 not too long ago, about a couple of months before this. You should watch more AKBINGO! then. It seems to be the centerpiece media outside of their singing career and it really spells out how fun and dorky Maeda (or Acchan, I'm still not used to it) can really be. :lol:

#60 Yukarichan

Yukarichan

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 04:40 AM

1. “the old school”
>> i supported AKB before it was cool therefore, I am. oh and i called first dibs on maeda before she was even pushed so i win.

18. “the fickle one”
>> Minegishi is my one and only oshimen! *next day* holy crap who’s this cutie :3 RENA is now my oshimen for life! SKE RULES!

20. “The team player”
>> how dare u defect to team k just because itano moved over! I cant believe this. I’m supporting team A all the way even if I don’t know anyone in there anymore!!!

1: I've been a fan since their Aitakatta single. I didn't know any of them at the time though. I just liked the music. ^^;

18: I usually go back and forth between Tomochin, Mayuyu, Takamina, and Acchan. Lately, Mayuyu has been my favorite.

20: I always have been an avid supporter of Team K.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users