• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 michikodesu

michikodesu

"Mama" is such an awesome word!!!

• Senpai
  • 1831 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 04:55 PM

Wasn't sure I should make this a topic or not since we have a cellphone topic.......but I've been wondering about carriers. I mean, especially after hearing the news about the monopoly class action suit against apple and AT&T.

So........which company do you use with your phone and do you like them. You can give the pros and cons as well.

I have Verizon and it's not bad. All of my family and in-laws pretty much have Verizon so I don't have to worry about minutes and stuff when I call them. The only problem is that my brother has an iPhone so, I have to monitor how long I talk with him.......but it's not too bad since when my free minutes come up, it's early evening for him since he lives on the west coast and I live on the east coast.

PROS:
I can pretty much call from anywhere and get service
Calls are always nice and clear
Only get a few dropped calls (and that's only if I use at school)

CONS:
I can't use my music on my phone as a ringtone---it must be downloaded from Verizon's site
I get zero signal from my concrete block prison ...er school
I had to buy a data plan ($10/month) with my phone......but it gives me unlimited web browing.
I'm only 13 levels away from finishing this game so I either finish the game or make you wish I was never born!----Gaz

Posted Image

#2 markRAWR

markRAWR

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 3473 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 05:02 PM

I am subscribed to 3 companies.
O2 they are good for bolt ons. I get unlimited texts and free internet.
Though they can screw you over. Screwed me once with a 200pound bill when i was supposed to have free calls.
Softbank. Haven't used them properly yet to use them.
Docomo, i am quite pleased with the service i recieved no problems so far :)

#3 Sakura_Y

Sakura_Y

Call me さくら and yes, I am a girl

• Senpai
  • 1607 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 04:59 AM

T-mobile USA

I honestly have had VERY little issues with them as should be evident that I've been with them since June 2004

And now that I have an Android OS phone, I have even more functionality

Berryz Koubou Fansite - Special Generation Forum (sadly this forum is gone but the link remains for posterity)
Listening to J-pop is like eating a can of Pringles "Once you Jpop you can't stop!"

#4 jei

jei

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 45 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:09 AM

I'm with Softbank, but they won't let me get an iPhone data plan with them because they said my unlocked AT&T iPhone is very illegal in japan.
So, I'm stuck with just a voice plan while hunting down free wi-fi anywhere I go :lol:

Chobineko wa boku no kawaii imouto desu :3

Posted Image

#5 prettycatchy

prettycatchy

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 258 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:57 PM

I'm with Fido. They have great phone plans, but not necessarily a great selection of phones. >.<

Check out my fanpage! Twitter Blog Youtube
Completed: GAM - LU LU LU / C-ute - Dance de Bakoon!, Aitai Lonely Christmas / MM - Majide suka ska! / Buono! - JUICY HE@RT

#6 바니 「вσηкyυ」

바니 「вσηкyυ」

愛してる ジュンジュン ♥

• Senpai
  • 1456 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 05:10 PM

Cricket.

Am I happy with it? Nope.
I get charged roaming going to a mall that's 5 minutes away from my house~

Can I change companies? Yeah, only if I have 500 to put down on a two year plan with Verizon -_-

Posted Image
sig made by haru™

nono:)bbz is my internet wife
Thank you so much for voting me JunJun's greatest fan in 2011 ♥ it means the world to me.

#7 teenagedream

teenagedream

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:36 AM

I use T-Mobile. I like how cheap it is compared to other ones and it has good phone service but it keeps blocking every site I want to go on when I go on Safari on my iPhone.
Posted Image
twitter.tumblr.livejournal.last fm

all you need is love. ♥

#8 HelloRaffi

HelloRaffi

It's My Tetsugaku.

• Senpai
  • 1305 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:21 AM

AT&T right now because of my iPhone. Reception is great everywhere except my house q___q. I guess its cause I live in the Hills.

Posted Image

Please take a moment to visit my shop! ~Set by Sprinkles

#9 Nights4Saturn

Nights4Saturn

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 312 posts

Posted 06 September 2010 - 05:06 AM

I'm currently with Verizon and I really don't have any complaints about them. I don't get the best of service with them in the labs at my university (hooray for basements!), but everywhere else it works absolutely fine.

I used to use Nextel and made the switch from them maybe 3 years ago. It really was a night and day difference.

@michikodesu: I don't think you can blame Verizon for not being able to put your own ringtones on your phone, but rather your model of phone itself. I've had three different phones on Verizon and I've been able to have custom ringtones on all three. On one I had to text the sound file to myself to be able to assign it as a ringtone, so while a little asinine, it was still possible.

#10 Squall Leonhart

Squall Leonhart

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1270 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 04:09 AM

HelloMoto... Motorola...

Posted Image

#11 BlackTsubaki

BlackTsubaki

Takamina

• Senpai
  • 1061 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 05:11 AM

T-Moblie is my cell phone company, been pretty happy with em for the 4years i've been with them. Good signal for phone calls and texts but 3g coverage is a little weak here in Colorado for some reason =/.

Takamina I Shimada Haruka I Mayuyu

#12 jelly man

jelly man

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1573 posts

Posted 01 October 2010 - 05:00 PM

Fido , Canada.
I used it since I had a cell in Canada. The service is ok... but I think the fee for data is really expensive... I need to pay approx 80us a month... for the basic plan + 1gb data. When I was in HK, I only need to pay around 40us to get phone service + unlimited data usage. maybe just because I have something to compare with.

Reina is the BEST!!!

#13 BroderJonas

BroderJonas

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:05 PM

Telenor: Surfa Bas, Sweden

Free unlimited internets and not too bad pricing on texting and calls.
A bit under 11€ a month and since most of my friends use MSN or facebook I can keep in touch with them without calls and texts. There's an option to upgrade to 6Mbit from my 1Mbit, but that costs twice as much monthly, I don't see the point since I can do all the heavy duty downloading on wifi.

#14 Maury Tuhis

Maury Tuhis

( • )( • )ԅ( ̄ε ̄ԅ)

• Senpai
  • 2037 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:36 PM

Sonera. Provided by my company. Free everything.

"How can I help seeing what is in front of my eyes? Two and two are four."
"Sometimes, Winston. Sometimes they are five.
 Sometimes they are three. Sometimes they are all of them at once. You must try harder. It is not easy to become sane."

#15 Azul

Azul

Bringing back Miyoshi.

• Senpai
  • 1241 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:35 PM

O2 because of my iPhone.
I get unlimited texts and 3000 minutes (or something like that) which is waayy more than I need.

I finally got a blog, so I can dump all my Jpop/Kpop/H!P rambles.
Last updated: 05/07/11

#16 .gina

.gina

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 4164 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:08 PM

O2, partly because it's the best reception in my house/around where I live and because the pay as you go tarrifs are probably the best around XD

#17 burnt glitter

burnt glitter

resident tsundere

• Senpai
  • 2425 posts

Posted 03 October 2010 - 10:24 PM

T-mobile.

I've had it for years, and we've always had problems with it. I can't get good service in my own home. Some parts of my room give me dropped calls. It's bundled in with my parent's service, but when it comes time to renew it I'm probably going to have them drop me off of it and I'll get an iPhone or something since I hear AT&T has really good service.

newsigsayunewnew.jpg

#18 michikodesu

michikodesu

"Mama" is such an awesome word!!!

• Senpai
  • 1831 posts

Posted 07 October 2010 - 02:03 AM

I'm currently with Verizon and I really don't have any complaints about them. I don't get the best of service with them in the labs at my university (hooray for basements!), but everywhere else it works absolutely fine.

I used to use Nextel and made the switch from them maybe 3 years ago. It really was a night and day difference.

@michikodesu: I don't think you can blame Verizon for not being able to put your own ringtones on your phone, but rather your model of phone itself. I've had three different phones on Verizon and I've been able to have custom ringtones on all three. On one I had to text the sound file to myself to be able to assign it as a ringtone, so while a little asinine, it was still possible.

Yeah, I know that there are ways around it; but, alas, I'm too lazy to deal with it. That's probably my fault, but it's just more fun blaming someone else for my shortcomings! :whistle: I have a little less than a year with my phone and my plan with Verizon. I'm hoping that Apple and AT&T get hit hard with this "monopoly' deal so that other companies can have iPhone service. I said I was never ever going to get one; but my brother has been singing it's praises so I thought "why not?" since I do look up to my brother for somethings...........electronics is definitely one of those things. If not, I can still stay with Verizon since there are 2 phones I would like to have. What do you guys think of the mandatory data plans that you need to have to use smartphones with Verizon?
I'm only 13 levels away from finishing this game so I either finish the game or make you wish I was never born!----Gaz

Posted Image

#19 Soularflare GT

Soularflare GT

Eternity's Loyal Coder

• Senpai
  • 1113 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:37 PM

Im currently using Nokia Phones. ~ but then sony Ericsson will be my most favorite phone company.

about using nokia phones i got problems about writing sms~ i just got mad at using "0" and spaces ~ while in SE, 0 and space key are in different keys~

other than that, no more problems.

#20 Kyuta-kun

Kyuta-kun

送別。。

• Senpai
  • 3967 posts

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:43 PM

AT&T. Not bad. Reception can get iffy, sometimes. I only have them, because they had iPhones. Though I hear Verizon may be getting them next year or so.

★僕はアニメやゲームやアイドルが大好きなんだよ★

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users