• Please log in to reply
24241 replies to this topic

#41 Sakura_Y

Sakura_Y

Call me さくら and yes, I am a girl

• Senpai
  • 1607 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 01:25 AM

I still havent' watched the 2006 stuff other than Berryz perf at the end.

Though, if you want to see how she did in the last one, look here: 2004 Sports Fest I am still seeding it for those that want it

Berryz Koubou Fansite - Special Generation Forum (sadly this forum is gone but the link remains for posterity)
Listening to J-pop is like eating a can of Pringles "Once you Jpop you can't stop!"

#42 Greyface

Greyface

Prior of The Brotherhood of The Booger Beam

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 01:30 AM

I still havent' watched the 2006 stuff other than Berryz perf at the end.

Though, if you want to see how she did in the last one, look here: 2004 Sports Fest I am still seeding it for those that want it

Ahh, so you are! I'll start that up when I get home tomorrow, thanks.
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#43 Misaki

Misaki

Berryzologist

• Senpai
  • 407 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 01:34 AM

I watched the sports festival a little while ago... and I wasn't quite sure, so I'm finally getting around to asking...

the "MIP" award that Yajima Maimi won, was that for "Most Improved Player"? I know almost nothing about C-Ute, so I am essentially unaware of her previous performances at sports fests... but now... that girl can sprint a crazy quarter-mile! How did she do previously?

The 2004 Sports Fest was held in 2 locations on 2 different days. For one of them Yajima is the MVP. The 2004 Sports Fest that is uploaded should be the other one, where Miki is the MVP.
Posted Image

#44 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 01:48 AM

I watched the sports festival a little while ago... and I wasn't quite sure, so I'm finally getting around to asking...

the "MIP" award that Yajima Maimi won, was that for "Most Improved Player"? I know almost nothing about C-Ute, so I am essentially unaware of her previous performances at sports fests... but now... that girl can sprint a crazy quarter-mile! How did she do previously?

The 2004 Sports Fest was held in 2 locations on 2 different days. For one of them Yajima is the MVP. The 2004 Sports Fest that is uploaded should be the other one, where Miki is the MVP.

If she was MVP 2 years ago... then I guess the original question resurfaces... what is MIP? I was guessing most Improved, but... you don't go from MVP to most Improved, do you?
What I've learned about Japanese so far, is that you must first pay attention to these 2 things: Rule #1 and Context. After that, just pray they remember their high-school English class.

#45 Misaki

Misaki

Berryzologist

• Senpai
  • 407 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 02:09 AM

It means Most Impressive Player.
Posted Image

#46 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 02:14 AM

It means Most Impressive Player.

Ahah, that explains it! Thank you.
Her performance in the solo sprint and her double-performance in the relay were incredibly impressive. (Her 3rd most impressive performance by that point was the ridiculously cute nose-wrinkling when she smiles :blink: )

#47 Koolmon93

Koolmon93

8th gen member

• Banned
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 April 2006 - 02:29 AM

There are really to options for C-ute releasing something.

1) Tsunku will pull a KAT-TUN on us

or

2) They will release an album first, then have singles follow.

#48 pichichi

pichichi

Love life!

• Senpai
  • 563 posts

Posted 16 April 2006 - 11:52 PM

Raising this thread from the depths of the Official Members Thread section. ::D:

We never know about Tsunku, he may or may nor surprise us with a C-ute release. It would be a shame if they don't even get an oppurtunity to release even one single because its a waste of talent.

Posted Image

:D Poor girl, at least she got Maimi to protect her. XD

:c16: Pichichi :c16:

Posted Image

#49 Amoz

Amoz

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2054 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 12:18 AM

Did you see Suzuki Airi singing 'Boogie Train '03' in the 4th ep of Hello Pro Hour? She sang it at least as well as Miki originally.

I noticed Airi's talent when I saw her singing 'Kimochi wa Tsutawaru' as her audition song in H!M ep 115 (2002.06.30). And I think Tsunku really is wasting talent if he doesn't give a single to °C-ute soon. But then again we already know that Tsunku is really big fool sometimes.

Internet killed common sense.

#50 Ganbacchae

Ganbacchae

3rd gen member

• Shinmem
  • 399 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:57 AM

Posted Image
Posted Image
CHO KAWAII!~>w<

Posted Image
I think she is also kawaii~*
Posted Image <-- click
A Chinese Yossie Forum~ Welcome~*

#51 Misaki

Misaki

Berryzologist

• Senpai
  • 407 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 08:00 AM

There are really two options for C-ute releasing something.

1) Tsunku will pull a KAT-TUN on us

or

2) They will release an album first, then have singles follow.

You are correct, °C-ute really reminds me of KAT-TUN. KAT-TUN has existed for several years but their first single is released only recently.

As for Airi, my first impression of her in the audition is that she is very confident. It is her performance in Aa! that I think that she is very talented. First Kiss is not easy to sing, and she can hit the high notes. Personally I find Airi right now is even cuter than she was in the audition. She and Megumi are the aces in °C-ute.
Posted Image

#52 Buson

Buson

4th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 268 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 12:53 PM

Major debut after some years of activities isn't unusual. But, of course, KAT-TUN has been an exceptionally successful case. (Johnny's is impeccable; never ceases to amaze)

Koolmon93, your prediction may be spot on!? ::lol::

C-ute is opening for MM at Saitama SA on May 6&7:
http://www.helloproj...ng.html#rainbow

And on UF's ringtones list, starting from April 26th one can download C-ute's debut song?!
http://www.up-front-...mobile-iro.html
川o・-・)∬´▽`∬从‘ 。‘从(●´ー`)

#53 Vodka

Vodka

Berryz Avengers! Assemble!

• Senpai
  • 2106 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 01:07 PM

I'll admit, I wasn't a big C-ute fan at first...but their song Wakkanai is so addictive!

#54 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 08:52 PM

I'll admit, I wasn't a big C-ute fan at first...but their song Wakkanai is so addictive!

Not being a fan before they've done anything is hardly a sin. ^_^
Starting to be a fan from their very first single is very respectable.

#55 pichichi

pichichi

Love life!

• Senpai
  • 563 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 10:41 PM

C-ute finally releasing something.

Thats good news indeed.

I wouldn't doubt that they be filling the void left behind by Berryz.

Posted Image

#56 Misaki

Misaki

Berryzologist

• Senpai
  • 407 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 07:26 AM

After watching Wonderful Hearts, I have a lot more interest in °C-ute. I am especially impressed with Suki ni Naccha Ikenai Hito, I & YOU & I & YOU & I, and First Kiss. Yajima, Megumi, and Airi are my current favorite °C-ute members. Can't wait for their major debut.
Posted Image

#57 Sakura_Y

Sakura_Y

Call me さくら and yes, I am a girl

• Senpai
  • 1607 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 08:22 AM

C-ute finally releasing something.

Thats good news indeed.

I wouldn't doubt that they be filling the void left behind by Berryz.

O_o they did? *runs off to Yesasia and CdJapan*

Berryz Koubou Fansite - Special Generation Forum (sadly this forum is gone but the link remains for posterity)
Listening to J-pop is like eating a can of Pringles "Once you Jpop you can't stop!"

#58 Greyface

Greyface

• Senpai
  • 5684 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 10:45 AM

After watching Wonderful Hearts, I have a lot more interest in °C-ute. I am especially impressed with Suki ni Naccha Ikenai Hito, I & YOU & I & YOU & I, and First Kiss. Yajima, Megumi, and Airi are my current favorite °C-ute members. Can't wait for their major debut.

I actually started to pay attention to °C-ute because, in two days I watched, first Hello Pro Hour Ep1 with Murakami Megumi smiling and laughing like crazy, and then the 2006 Sports Festival with Yajima Maimi kicking butt in her long-sprints. And we all know what happens as soon as you can recognize certain H!P members... (you start to cheer for them, and then you want them to take over the world!).

I wouldn't say I'm precisely a fan yet. I'm just watching with curiosity :unsure.

#59 Vodka

Vodka

Berryz Avengers! Assemble!

• Senpai
  • 2106 posts

Posted 22 April 2006 - 04:28 PM

You know, Airi sounds an awful lot like Mikitty. And not just the fact that she was singing Boogie Train, but her voice has lots of elements of Miki's voice!

#60 Koolmon93

Koolmon93

8th gen member

• Banned
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 April 2006 - 09:42 PM

I need to download those Haro! Puro Hour episodes just for C-ute. Airi seemed to have a hard time with Boogie Train, but it sounded really good. In other C-ute related news, Wakkanai (Z) has two versions! One with Arihana Kanna and one without! Weird.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users