• Please log in to reply
24241 replies to this topic

#24141 sheikhyerbutay

sheikhyerbutay

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 799 posts

Posted 28 October 2018 - 07:14 AM

They never had actual artistic goals as ℃-ute. Any time somebody asked about what they wanted to do in the future, it was always, the next, bigger venue. I don't think they had the drive to be adult "musical artists" as a unit. (Suzuki obviously wanted to sing as an adult, but ℃-ute as a whole did not, as I saw it)

Then, they're in their low to mid 20s, everybody their age is getting their career going, or their family, or both... How much longer are they going to stay in the sandbox? Try to fill Tokyo Dome? Or just call it...

That said, I still feel "loss." I can't help but feel it's a huge waste. Just a few short years into them "getting it" and their audience "getting them..." All that experience, ability, and catalog organized and ready to move, they close the door. I wish that they had looked at what they were doing and thought, "We want to do this, and better than this forever." But that's not who they were, as people, as a unit.

That's just it.  Mgmt told them (now that they were all over 20) it was time to leave the H!P sandbox.  I remember reading a press release via Up-Front Link (https://www.facebook...profile_browser) were some mgmt guy explained °C-ute was given three options:  Stay the same as C-ute outside of H!P, re-organize into a new group under a new name, or disband.  The girls chose to disband and go out on top as the longest running group in H!P history.  (Everytime I have referred to this press release, someone always says it didn't happen, but Suzuki just confirmed it.  saying they were asked to think about their future.)

Greyface, my brother,  I know exactly how you feel.  I feel that "loss", too.  I miss them as a group.  I miss the sound of their combined vocals.  I have gone back and watched many old concerts and am amazed at the broad category of styles they could perform with.  Everything from Cutie J-pop to classical, bossa nova, disco, flamingo, five part A'capella, jazz, and big band.   Their performances encompassed everything including tap dancing, flag twirling and pole dancing.  *sighs*  I don't think J-pop will ever have another group like them.  

Why was it "Stay the same as C-ute outside of H!P" or bust (creating a new group sounds like a disaster and not a real option)? Why couldn't they stay as C-ute inside H!P?

Because after Hagiwara Mai turned 20 years old, all °C-ute members were now (at that time) over 20 yrs old.  The Hello! Project is for youngsters, teenagers, kids, however you want to quantify being an adolescent in Japan.  Haven't you noticed they all leave around 20 years old?  Some super popular members hang on into their mid-twenties like Takahashi Ai (26) and  Michishige Sayumi (26??).  Iikubo Haruna will turn 24 next month and is graduating (she is my favorite currant MM member, someone I really would like to meet, but honestly I am surprised Haruna didn't graduate sooner) .  

I wanted them to stay together as an act after they graduated out of H!P, but obviously that is not what they worked out among themselves.  It happens among child acts.  Almost all of them break up.  The Supremes broke up and Dianna Ross became a soloist.  The Four Seasons broke up and Frankie Valli became a soloist.  Destiny's Child broke up and Bionce' became a soloist.  Now °C-ute has done the same and all five are staying in the entertainment business.  

#24142 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 15 November 2018 - 01:28 PM

While they're not together any more, they still support each other. They even pimp each other's goods.

Attached Files

#24143 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 05:03 PM

Together again!

https://www.instagra...id=k85v5wm4ct3o

#24144 ulises

ulises

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1382 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 06:46 PM

^ Oh boy, Maimai is so pretty that i want to die.   :blush:

#24145 ItsudemoAibon

ItsudemoAibon

Kago Information Network

• Senpai
  • 9506 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 07:20 PM

They're all so beautiful! How nice to see ChisaMai together again.

#24146 GetRapper

GetRapper

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 922 posts

Posted 19 November 2018 - 11:30 PM

Youtube compilation of their latest reunion!  :)

Chissa getting worn out singing DISTANCE!!  ^^;

epwHFX3.jpg?1

Oshi's:  MM'19:  野中美希, Angerme:  室田瑞希, J=J:  植村 あかり, Country Girls:  山木梨沙

Kobushi Factory: 和田 桜子, Tsubaki Factory:  小野瑞歩, BEYOOOOONDS:  江口紗耶

All time favorites:  後藤 真希, 藤本 美貴, 矢口真里, 鞘師里保, 矢島 舞美, 清水 佐紀

#24147 kbidols

kbidols

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 341 posts

Posted 20 November 2018 - 01:03 PM

^ Oh boy, Maimai is so pretty that i want to die.   :blush:

I don't want to die but Maimai is perfect like that. She should keep that style for some period.

BERRYZ RULE THE WORLD!!!

#24148 aira慶一郎

aira慶一郎

TEAM C-ute

• Senpai
  • 1715 posts

Posted 27 November 2018 - 04:44 PM

anyone remembers the h!p concert where c-ute did flag dance in the beginning ?

#24149 sheikhyerbutay

sheikhyerbutay

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 799 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 11:34 PM

anyone remembers the h!p concert where c-ute did flag dance in the beginning ?

I think this is it.  EDIT:  Nope this is not it.  They opened with Chou Wonderful during this concert.  °C-ute performed flag twirling dances only twice that I am aware of.  If there are more flag performances, I would love to see them. They performed Midnight Temptation this time at 1:22:38 in the concert. 

°C-ute Concert Tour 2012 Shunka ~Utsukushikutte Gomen ne~ 

2nd EDIT:  While trying to answer this question I discovered  a second website where I can watch entire concerts hassel-free.  With 120 music videos published, along with concert DVD's; stage play DVD's; magazine DVD's; Hello Project DVD's, Margie GiGi's great work; and more.........  I am going to be busy for quite a while!

#24150 aira慶一郎

aira慶一郎

TEAM C-ute

• Senpai
  • 1715 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 01:04 PM

thanks , it was harocon 2012 summer 

whats the name of the website ??

#24151 sheikhyerbutay

sheikhyerbutay

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 799 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 03:56 PM

thanks , it was harocon 2012 summer 

whats the name of the website ??

I will have to watch that one.  Thank you for the info!

PandoraTV:  http://www.pandora.t...I#34364371_new

Bilibili.com:  https://www.bilibili...qiwPkLG_Q_21_ms

The concert on PandoraTV shows a different concert than the "Midnight Temptation" YouTube vid above.  During this one Maimi drops the flag baton and has to hurry to catch up with the rest of C-ute. 

#24152 aira慶一郎

aira慶一郎

TEAM C-ute

• Senpai
  • 1715 posts

Posted 04 December 2018 - 05:41 PM

bilibili is good site for concerts 

#24153 sheikhyerbutay

sheikhyerbutay

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 799 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:37 PM

bilibili is good site for concerts 

I am glad you like it, Aira.

I have tried to find the concert you mentioned above, but can not find it.  Is "harocon 2012 summer" the only name the concert had?  Is there a link you could share for me?

Btw, while searching for "harocon 2012 summer" I watched many Hello! Project concert segments and it has gotten me enthusiastic about seeing them again!

#24154 IchVermisseDenSommer

IchVermisseDenSommer

Kasahara Momona deserves 3 new modeling jobs weekly

• Senpai
  • 4024 posts

Posted 05 December 2018 - 11:17 PM

It usually helps when you try the jp names if the concerts have any. You can find a list of the concerts' names on the English h!p wiki. If you click on the specific concert entry you'll find the complete names. Here's the list of C-ute concerts

http://helloproject....ncerts_&_Events

And here's a list of H!P concerts

http://helloproject....roject_Concerts

So the summer HaroCon was actually called Hello! Project Tanjou 15 Shuunen Kinen Live 2012 Natsu or Hello! Project 誕生15周年記念ライブ 2012 夏. Tho as for most years it had two different patterns. One being the Hello! Project Tanjou 15 Shuunen Kinen Live 2012 Natsu ~Ktkr (Kitakore) Natsu no Fan Matsuri!~  or Hello! Project 誕生15周年記念ライブ 2012 夏~Ktkr夏のFAN祭り!~ and the other being the Hello! Project Tanjou 15 Shuunen Kinen Live 2012 Natsu ~Wkwk (Wakuwaku) Natsu no FAN Matsuri!~  or Hello! Project 誕生15周年記念ライブ 2012 夏~Wkwk夏のFAN祭り!~

Here's a link to the Wkwk concert

https://www.bilibili...deo/av17052152/

And here's the Ktkr concert (it's this setlist that starts with the flags)

https://www.bilibili...av18156417/?p=1

Morning Musume______ANGERME________Juice=Juice_________Kobushi Factory____Tsubaki Factory____ BEYOOOOONDS

1. Sato Masaki         1. Kasahara Momona  1. Kanazawa Tomoko   1. Nomura Minami   1. Tanimoto Ami        1. Kobayashi Honoka

2. Fukumura Mizuki  2. Sasaki Rikako         2. Uemura Akari             2. Hirose Ayaka       2. Asakura Kiki          2.Okamura Minami

3. Oda Sakura          3. Wada Ayaka            3.  Dambara Ruru           3. Inoue Rei             3. Niinuma Kisora     3. Takase Kurumi

#24155 sheikhyerbutay

sheikhyerbutay

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 799 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:20 AM

^  Wow...  Here after 8 yrs of being a °C-ute fanatic there is still so much I don't know & haven't seen.  IchVermisseDenSommer, you got me feeling like a noobie.   

I started by watching the Ktkr concert.  I had to learn semifore flag signaling as a teen, so the short-flag twirling by °C-ute has special significance to me.  In addition to that, it was awesome to watch Erina Mano, Reina Tanaka, Sayu, Berryz Koubou, and the original Smileage again.  Thanks for all the info!

#24156 IchVermisseDenSommer

IchVermisseDenSommer

Kasahara Momona deserves 3 new modeling jobs weekly

• Senpai
  • 4024 posts

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:08 AM

^ You are very welcome. I love if I can help fellow peeps get more info or content.
The wiki is btw a great source for basically everything. I mean it's so lovely.

It's hard finding things on bilibili sometimes. It's easier if you use google video search and look for the jp concert title there and then just add -youtube at the end. This will exclude all youtube videos which mostly are only short clips of a concert. Instead if the concert can be found somewhere by title yt will just show links to bilibili, dailymotion and other hosting sites. :D

Morning Musume______ANGERME________Juice=Juice_________Kobushi Factory____Tsubaki Factory____ BEYOOOOONDS

1. Sato Masaki         1. Kasahara Momona  1. Kanazawa Tomoko   1. Nomura Minami   1. Tanimoto Ami        1. Kobayashi Honoka

2. Fukumura Mizuki  2. Sasaki Rikako         2. Uemura Akari             2. Hirose Ayaka       2. Asakura Kiki          2.Okamura Minami

3. Oda Sakura          3. Wada Ayaka            3.  Dambara Ruru           3. Inoue Rei             3. Niinuma Kisora     3. Takase Kurumi

#24157 Margie GiGi

Margie GiGi

Fansubber

• Senpai
  • 1704 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:38 AM

Our girls are dancing in the background. Their so tiny!

zSP0uV1.gif

Team! °C-ute &

Cho TokimekiSendenbu

#24158 kbidols

kbidols

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 341 posts

Posted 07 December 2018 - 12:07 PM

I've never seen this. Great.

BERRYZ RULE THE WORLD!!!

#24159 sheikhyerbutay

sheikhyerbutay

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 799 posts

Posted 08 December 2018 - 02:46 PM

Thanks Margie!

#24160 aira慶一郎

aira慶一郎

TEAM C-ute

• Senpai
  • 1715 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 06:42 PM

I have tried to find the concert you mentioned above, but can not find it.  Is "harocon 2012 summer" the only name the concert had?  Is there a link you could share for me?

Btw, while searching for "harocon 2012 summer" I watched many Hello! Project concert segments and it has gotten me enthusiastic about seeing them again!

it was Hello! Project Tanjou 15 Shuunen Kinen Live 2012 Natsu ~Ktkr, sorry for replying late (i guess you already saw the concert ) ^^; 

thanks margie  <3 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users