• Please log in to reply
24241 replies to this topic

#1 Kitsuiko

Kitsuiko

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1158 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 08:18 PM

I had been trying to figure out who C-ute was ever since I started trying to figure out who the third girl in Sexy Otonajan was.

When did they get started?

It's weird, because I don't feel as if I know the BerryZ as well as I want to, and they've already got a rival group (of sorts) with them. I'm slowly piecing out the personalities of the BerryZ (I *think* Miyabi is trying to sell a more adult serious artist image but has little bursts of "I'm a kid" that slip through. I think Momoko is really cheerful...) and then now I have another set.

So far I know two of them; Megumi and Airi (who is hopefully going to be the group's vocal leader, she's got an amazing voice)

Can anyone do a quick run down for me?

Example Musume-ized:
Reina plays at being a bada$ but she comes across frequently as kind of the excited kid.
Rika has sort of a Miss Piggy act for being star of the show, but is very hardworking.
Risa tries very hard and is terribly outgoing to the camera.
Makoto has great comedic timing, and is a really cheerful, genki girl.

#2 RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMooch

• Senpai
  • 1350 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 08:42 PM

Didn't they get get "started", or atleast introduced, Nacchi's concert? I know nothing about the H!P kids, but that's what I heard :wub: But I personaly like the idea of two kids groups compeating against eachother :ph34r:

#3 Amoz

Amoz

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 2054 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 08:52 PM

�C-ute is, well, the H!P kids that aren't part of Berryz. I don't know if they'll release anything, it might just be a new name for H!P kids. More info of them can be found here: Hello! Database, �C-ute and here: Wiki.theppn, �C-ute

Internet killed common sense.

#4 franny13

franny13

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 176 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 09:41 PM

well first of all.. there was "Hello Project Kids" then half became BerryZ Koubou, then tsunku thought of naming the left "hello project kids" to C-ute, but tsunku hasnt donw anything with them

i mean like he hasnt been doing any singles for them or whatsoever..

here go to my website about berryz koubou and morning musume !!

www.berryfrann.cjb.net
visit my berry frann

BERRYZ K0UB0U = KAWAII

Posted Image
MiKi = G0RGE0US

ME = JEL0US ^^;

visit my berry frann

#5 kanibaru

kanibaru

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 10:37 PM

I think it's just another name for the "Hello! Project kids that aren't in Berryz".

I also read somewhere that they're not really a "group" because they'll only be singing H!P covers at concerts, not really releasing anything.

And you're right, if they do release anything Ariri should be lead. =D

Posted Image

#6 agb

agb

3rd gen member

• Senpai
  • 306 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 11:06 PM

The general feeling is that Tsunku / UFA is phasing out the H!P kids name because they are getting a little older now (eldest is 14), so he named the remainder of the H!P kids C-Ute.

They have no singles currently, they've just been touring with Nacci in a back-up role

#7 Ma Maladie

Ma Maladie

7th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 10:39 AM

I think they're just biding their time because I read (on wiki.theppn.org) that C-UTE wasn't even supposed to be known about and it was never official.

*shrugs*

I can't wait until I see something from them. I'm not a pedophile or anything, but I like little girls. They're always so much more energetic...but also shy in a cute way.

no siggy ok

#8 agb

agb

3rd gen member

• Senpai
  • 306 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 02:13 PM

Hmmm... C-Ute name first came from Tsunku's blog. It's since been used in the performances H!P kids is being used less and less

#9 franny13

franny13

5th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 176 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 05:07 PM

before you know it they'll be 20 haha

berryz.. man the 8th single came out i cant wait for tsunku to make a 9th single already!!

i wonder what berryz 9th single would be?

something to do with future perhaps?
^^;
visit my berry frann

BERRYZ K0UB0U = KAWAII

Posted Image
MiKi = G0RGE0US

ME = JEL0US ^^;

visit my berry frann

#10 agb

agb

3rd gen member

• Senpai
  • 306 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 05:19 PM

berryz #9 will be coming 2005.10.13, I don't think it has a title yet tho,

Man in 1.5 years, Berryz already have more singles than members. C-Ute have 0 and none planned ...

#11 kevinlow

kevinlow

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 09:31 AM

man its crazy how berryz is releasing singles nonstop
i mean its like a family giving birth to a kid every "9 months and an extra night"
Posted Image

#12 Binaa2

Binaa2

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 124 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 10:09 AM

man its crazy how berryz is releasing singles nonstop
i mean its like a family giving birth to a kid every "9 months and an extra night"

Except its 2 months :blink:

I am no berryz fan so this oneside focusing on them by UFA is getting annoying.
But taste waries so i guess i have to be glad for you who enjoy them.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#13 kevinlow

kevinlow

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 10:32 AM

and they are incredibly young!!!
i thought morning musume was bad enough...
im not used to having music artists my age...
when i found out avril lavigne's age i was happy there was someone who could represent out agegroup without pretending..
but when MM got to me i was surprised....

i got hooked and then a bit later... poof!! berryz...
the only one i think is cute is the short one.. she's just great... but i look at them and i just think "barney the dinosaur"!!! :lol:

i like their version of sukiyaki tho... if i can give any consolation to berryz fans :blink:
Posted Image

#14 doinkies

doinkies

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 257 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 08:27 PM

They've also been having all these Berryz Koubou articles in the shoujo manga magazine Margaret, as promotion I guess. Although I wonder why Margaret and not Ribon, because Ribon is aimed at a younger age group and I would think Tsunku would want to advertise Berryz in Ribon rather than Margaret.
Posted Image

H!P fan since 2001!

#15 Mugen

Mugen

誰かが君を想ってる

• Senpai
  • 479 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 09:06 PM

Will those kids still be considered as H!P Kids when they are like 20 years old?? :blink:

#16 doinkies

doinkies

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 257 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 12:37 AM

No, they'll probably won't be considered H!P Kids anymore. I can see Tsunku auditioning new Kids as the present-day ones grow older...kind of like Menudo...then again the whole idea of MoMusu is a bit similar to Menudo..
Posted Image

H!P fan since 2001!

#17 Mugen

Mugen

誰かが君を想ってる

• Senpai
  • 479 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 04:28 AM

i hope he kills off kids groups -.-

#18 Kitsuiko

Kitsuiko

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1158 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 10:06 AM

One; Barney is meant for toddlers. Age 2 through 5. BerryZ are much older.

Two; teenage girls can look at BerryZ and think that they're cute and bond in the same way that we look at the Musume and watch them grow up and get affinities to them as they struggle up and get older. Also older girls are less likely to have a random backlash at something their own age than little kids are--associating it with their childhood and thus getting rid of it as they are more grown up.

Three, Menudo wouldn't have had anyone as old as Yuko, Kaori, Nacchi or Kei. EVER. They were kicked out regardless of their own thoughts or desires at age 18.

Hatred due to the fact that they're kids aside...

It's kinda a shame that they aren't doing anything with C-Ute. :unsure: I mean, they have two really talented people. BerryZ seems to be doing well with only allowing three girls to really sing, why not with just two? (don't hurt me! I LIKE the members that don't get lines, I just recognize that I may live and die without hearing them sing more than a phrase per song)

...They're following around Nacchi of all people? Weird. I suppose W has BerryZ and Mari may threaten murder if she's forced to be the adult with a bunch of kids again, leaving Kei, Yuko, Maki, Kaori or Biyuuden to be with. Of those choices, I guess Nacchi is the best one...

Can't really have them be back up for BerryZ. It'd just come across as: "Here are the girls we care about! And now, the others!"

On the plus side, I guess this means Tsunku's "workshop" idea for BerryZ worked too well, and he ended up with a full group of ready-to-be Idols. Can't complain if it's working for the Hello!Project. :wub:

I just hope at least he allows Airi and what's-her-face to join BerryZ or do something later. They'd be a real waste to lose.

#19 AaronD12

AaronD12

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 125 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 05:24 AM

On the plus side, I guess this means Tsunku's "workshop" idea for BerryZ worked too well, and he ended up with a full group of ready-to-be Idols. Can't complain if it's working for the Hello!Project. :)

What I think is interesting is that Berryz has been covering other H!P songs, including two Aya Matsuura songs on the last Berryz DVD. Oh yeah, and even Robokiss by W -- the group Berryz was touring with and were backup dancers for.

That tells me that Tsunku really has some big plans for the little Berryz... maybe graduating them eventually into MM? It's a lot easier to move someone who's been trained into MM than to have a Japan-wide audition.

-Aaron-

#20 Vodka

Vodka

Berryz Avengers! Assemble!

• Senpai
  • 2106 posts

Posted 15 February 2006 - 04:01 AM

Is this not one of the cutest things you've ever seen!
Posted Image
Backstage at Nacchi's grad concert, she had to lift Chisa so she could be seen on camera! :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users