• Please log in to reply
24241 replies to this topic

#24201 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 03:22 AM

Margie GiGi - Thank you SO SO much for that video translation.  I've followed C-ute for so long, seen them live and yet I now feel closer to them than ever before.  These interviews were amazing and telling.

I had no idea what an influence Megumi was... I always just saw her as someone who left early on.  I also didn't realize Kana joined in a bit later and how much resistance there was... so many interesting things.
I love Chisa's point about moving on as 5 when she said "we're going to try to be successful so that they regret leaving the group" lol.  

I also had never even heard of Chisa's Odotte Mita series so this was just amazing.

I did find it a bit strange that Airi mentioned how Berryz Kobo started and continued as a 7 member group (did she forget there were originally 8?).

I guess the members of Kobushi Factory have gone through similar reactions to their downsizing.

Laughter, tears and love through it all.

Thanks again

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#24202 Margie GiGi

Margie GiGi

Fansubber

• Senpai
  • 1704 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 04:26 PM

I'm so happy that everyone enjoyed the work I put in to translate and Subtitle that LONG interview. It took me a whole month lol. It was all worth it in the end.

zSP0uV1.gif

Team! °C-ute &

Cho TokimekiSendenbu

#24203 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:31 PM

^ I'm sure you've pleased so many more than you'll ever receive feedback from.  So often I've uploaded material on my YouTube channel hoping to share a clip with a few people.... only to find a few months later it has had thousands of views.  Your efforts will make history in this case.  

Was the original video effected that way with all of the mirrored boxes, etc.?  I found that distracting... sure, it was artistic and stylized but it got old fast to me.  (Not to worry, the content was the most important part, plus my eyes were on the subs 90% of the time anyway).

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#24204 Margie GiGi

Margie GiGi

Fansubber

• Senpai
  • 1704 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:26 AM

^ I had to edit it to get it on YouTube which took me forever XD

Here is the unedited version

https://www.dailymot...m/video/x72y6z9

https://www.dailymot...m/video/x72y824

zSP0uV1.gif

Team! °C-ute &

Cho TokimekiSendenbu

#24205 hanawopun

hanawopun

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2116 posts

Posted 14 March 2019 - 08:05 PM

Ohhhhh wow, really??  I thought the copyright scanners just scan audio, not video.  Interesting.  Well that certainly explains it.

I have a Dailymotion account but they completely changed their format which makes it near impossible to even upload content.  Very annoying.

Thanks so much again.

angermes_finest_hour.jpg

#24206 sheikhyerbutay

sheikhyerbutay

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 799 posts

Posted 28 March 2019 - 05:37 PM

The girls of °C-ute cut up a little and have some fun while filming Kokoro no Sakebi wo Uta ni Shite Mita 心の叫びを歌にしてみた "I Tried to Make a Song from My Crying Heart".  Release date March 5, 2014

EDIT:  Do you remember the mini-sensation caused by Mai's ultra short skirt?  Fans asked if Mai was wearing the traditional "pant-su"?, or just underwear?, or anything?  This video answers those questions.  Watch closely and see!

#24207 sheikhyerbutay

sheikhyerbutay

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 799 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 12:27 AM

It is now June 12th in Japan, and that is °C-ute's birthday, and also the second anniversary of their last concert. :(  Happy anniversary everyone.  Team °C-ute Forever.

#24208 Satur

Satur

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 5682 posts

Posted 12 June 2019 - 12:24 PM

Happy anniversary. Don't be sad, ºC-ute will always be with us. :king:

If you speak Spanish and like first times of Hello! Project, you can pay a visit to my blog Yaguchi y Yo (Yaguchi and Me).

Si entiendes español y te gusta la primera época de Hello! Project, puedes visitar mi blog Yaguchi y Yo.

#24209 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 04:42 AM

Wow, I had no idea this happened! 

https://www.youtube....h?v=5mZfWjI9tXs

#24210 LittleBerry

LittleBerry

Ee • Ee AH • Ee Et c e t e ra • Oh

• Senpai
  • 643 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 06:09 AM

Aw, imagine if she had stayed... I love how she became great at dancing even when she was away from the group, it's like at heart she was still a °C-ute member? :ph34r:

but now Chissa's gone :sob:

I BK

tumblr_px0vo1G83A1wnyk0uo1_640.png

Maihacchi Maa Kumaicho Momochi Megu Ume-chan Chissa Kishimon Maopin Kiki Omizu  Reirei Riorio Sako Minamina Yanamin Uta-chan Yamakki Aarii Riai Fuyutan Moe Maro Ayacho Meimei Rikako Rin Yuha Miimi Momohime Saya Rika Icchan Miyo Honoka Mikapon Muracchi Hikarun • Ruri • Yuriyan Mittsi Panmei Kaedy Nonyaka Yokoyan Niheyan

#24211 kbidols

kbidols

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 341 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 06:02 AM

Wow, I had no idea this happened! 

https://www.youtube....h?v=5mZfWjI9tXs

I had no idea this would ever be possible. Let's make C-ute 2.0 (adult version) :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

BERRYZ RULE THE WORLD!!!

#24212 Kuraudo17

Kuraudo17

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1347 posts

Posted 21 July 2019 - 06:14 PM

They're very adult now. Airi even portrays workplace sexual harassment in her drama lol.

#24213 sheikhyerbutay

sheikhyerbutay

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 799 posts

Posted 11 August 2019 - 10:55 AM

I have tried following a few K-pop groups that are outstanding in dance & singing, but they really "ship it up" for the cameras to pander to those who enjoy that sort of thing.  I don't.  Now if that is your thing, I don't care.  I just get tired of it real fast and it takes away from why I watch Asian pop music to begin with.  It makes me miss °C-ute all the more.  The girls of °C-ute never had to resort to that sort of thing to attract fans.  They had, and still have, outstanding talent.

#24214 aira慶一郎

aira慶一郎

TEAM C-ute

• Senpai
  • 1715 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 08:59 AM

I have tried following a few K-pop groups that are outstanding in dance & singing, but they really "ship it up" for the cameras to pander to those who enjoy that sort of thing.  I don't.  Now if that is your thing, I don't care.  I just get tired of it real fast and it takes away from why I watch Asian pop music to begin with.  It makes me miss °C-ute all the more.  The girls of °C-ute never had to resort to that sort of thing to attract fans.  They had, and still have, outstanding talent.

thats what i told my brother couple of days ago  :w00t:

i still cant find a group who's concerts are enjoyable and fun like c-ute and aaa

kpop is great but they care too much for the camera  :(

#24215 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14639 posts

Posted 28 September 2019 - 04:36 AM

ASH F Class covered °C-ute's "Crazy Kanzen na Otona" for the ASH 2019 AUTUMN ACT.

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#24216 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1650 posts

Posted 04 February 2020 - 07:15 PM

Just trying my luck, I recently watched a video compilation which captures H!P members that screwed up their 'live' performances. And there was a performance where Maimi basically forget her place in the routine for "Massara Blue Jeans" and Airi couldn't continue singing and Mai had to guide Maimi to her place. Does anyone know which concert or 'live' event was this performance from? A link to the full performance would help. I would imagine is where C-ute just turned a 5nin group and Maimi basically performed in the 7-member routine she was used to.

#24217 usagi_no_kami

usagi_no_kami

うさちゃんピース!!!

• Senpai
  • 11934 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 03:58 AM

Might help if you post the video or a pic as outfits make it easier to pinpoint concerts or tours.

#24218 Sa-Mantha

Sa-Mantha

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 496 posts

Posted 05 February 2020 - 01:47 PM

I think this is the one you seen. It's from a Bus Tour they did in either 2009 - 2010 but I can't for the life of me remember what the event was officially called.

[EDIT]

It was called 「Welcome to キューティー学園」and ran from June 5 - 6, 2010
https://www.up-fc.jp...Info.php?id=511

I was thinking this is was one of their No Setlist events and I was correct. Basically they had a list of 40 some songs and then a box of balls/paper with numbers on them. The girls took turns blindly picking out balls/paper from the box through out the event and would then perform the song. If I'm not mistaken the last few things (5 or 10) on the list weren't songs per-say but things like "Maimi Song Choice" and "Fan Song Choice". It made it weird when the number they picked out of the box corresponded with a song that they didn't perform in. It's why there was a few mistakes during this event - the girls could only practice the songs but not an order/setlist.  There was also non-℃-ute songs on the list as well and the girls mixed up and forgot some of those lyrics.

This is another example of Maimi messing up during the event. At 2:02 you can see she missed her line and Mai starts pushing Maimi's Mic to prompt her to sing.

[/EDIT]

[EDIT 02]

I managed to find the song list for the event! These were all the options that could have been picked from the box.

Attached File  20100611011053.jpg   55.47K   8 downloads

[/EDIT 02]

Sorry nothing is embed or linked nicely. For some reason it's not letting me format this post at all.

Edited by Sa-Mantha, 05 February 2020 - 03:24 PM.

#24219 midnightbottle

midnightbottle

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1650 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 07:10 AM

^Thank you so much for the information. You have done so much! It's really interesting to see such events. It makes it more endearing to see them make blunders so we know it's all 'live'. And it's impossible for them to remember every single line/dance move. Would have love to see such kind of event for the current groups. It would have been really fun.

#24220 Sa-Mantha

Sa-Mantha

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 496 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 02:07 PM

Not a problem. I personally loved the two Bus Tours where they did this type of event.

I did manage to track down the final song list (setlist).

1.Kimi no Senpou - Maimi, Saki, Airi

2.Lonely Girls Night - Mai

3.Aa Koi - Chisato
4.Bishoujo Shinri (FAN CHOICE)
5.Massara Blue Jeans
6.ONLY YOU - Airi, Chisato, Mai
7.Bokura no Kagayaki - Airi, Chisato, Mai (FAN CHOICE)
8.FIRST KISS - Saki, Airi, Chisato (FAN CHOICE)
9.Bye Bye Bye
10.That's the POWER
11.EVERYDAY YEAH! Kataomoi (FAN CHOICE)
12.Wasuretakunai Natsu
13.C/C(Cinderella / Complex)
14.JUMP

I forgot that during this event they really switched up who sang what. Right off the bat [Kimi no Senpou] is originally by Saki, Chisato and Mai but they gave Maimi's Solo Song [Lonely Girls Nigh] to Mai and Airi's Solo Song [Aa Koi] to Chisato and threw Maimi/Airi into [Kimi no Senpou]. Also in the past FIRST KISS was always performed by Airi, Chisato and Mai but here they replaced Mai with Saki.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users