Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 11:55 AM

3rd with 33585 sales ..
guess I miscalculated ..

its actually quite a bad result ? ..
They are beaten by stardust Team Syachihoko.. who got 2nd with 34830 sales ..

Guess for some reason iDOL Street is declining ..?

#582 neonero

neonero

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1756 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 10:06 PM

Not Idol Street in general but more SUPER GiRLS specifically I'd say.

I think they missed their chance to break out to the upper level back when they released "PuriPuri SUMMER Kiss". That's their best selling single but it could have reached an even higher score.

Whatever, this new single is pretty good.

740211sigio.jpg

#583 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

If you ain't blue, you ain't true

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 22 May 2014 - 01:32 PM

Some singles just don't sell as good as other it happens. 30k is pretty decent for an idol group the average ones seen to sell around 20k it's very much AKB and then everyone else sharing whatever is left. Could they claim a bigger piece of the pie? Probably yes but i'm not going to expect every single to be a massive success. Things can always change some groups can be in decline for years then start getting better sales again.

I honestly don't care that much about their sales. I'd like them to do well and advance for sure but the real reasons i like them is because they are a good group of girls and i find them entertaining. I think sometimes people lose sight of the point of being an idol fan when all they do is watch charts and care about numbers.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#584 kurebesu

kurebesu

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 755 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:17 PM

74 3 ↓ 花道!!ア~ンビシャス 951 34,536 14/5/14 IDL
SUPER☆GiRLS 3 2

Ouch, only sold 951 copies in the second week....

I wish they would've followed up the momentum they had around Puripuri.... well, maybe if they do a bikini summer single this year again the sales might boost up again.

creator of j-pop line distribution channel jpopheaven

#585 monomark

monomark

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 18 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 12:15 AM

Hanamichi!! is a good single. I just got my copy today and once again the b-side is better than the a-side. :coool:

I've uploaded it over at JPopsuki (along with the best album) so it should show up here shortly. :)

#586 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:32 AM

I wish they would've followed up the momentum they had around Puripuri.... well, maybe if they do a bikini summer single this year again the sales might boost up again.

Oh yes please. Swimsuit singles are something they actually do really well. Their energy is high and nobody can complain about a single where we get to see them in outfits like that. With new members it would be the perfect time to do one.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#587 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 04:51 PM

promotion video for their DVD/Blu-ray of their LIVE 2014

#588 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 04:42 PM

SUPER☆GiRLS will release their 11th single "アッハッハ!~超絶爆笑音頭~" (Ahhahha! - Chozetsu Bakusho Ondo) on 13 August 2014
http://supergirls.jp....php?id=1007495

There will be 2 songs
01 アッハッハ!~超絶爆笑音頭~(Ahhahha! - Chozetsu Bakusho Ondo)
02 ハッピー・サークル・ストリート(Happy Circle Street)
(Song by iDOL Street All Members)

They are going to have
CD+Blu-ray 2160yen .. Blu-ray will have both songs music video and making (how great is that ..!!! :D)
CD only 1296yen
CD only Mu-mo event edition 1000yen
Music card(70 versions of all iDOL Street members) 540yen

Looks like this time .. they mean business ..
Included in the first press edition ..
1) Event participation ticket
2) 1 of 70 versions photo !!! They are using everyone in iDOL Street .. lol
3) "Maidoru! IDOL Street" key code ( I got no idea what is that ..lol)

They are going to have
Group handshake event 2nd and 3rd August - http://supergirls.jp....php?id=1017373
Individual handshake event 6th September - http://supergirls.jp....php?id=1017377
Individual 2shot event 7th September - http://supergirls.jp....php?id=1017378
Group 2shot event 7th September - http://supergirls.jp....php?id=1017379
Mini Live and special event 29 June - http://supergirls.jp....php?id=1017383

#589 qwiksXnd

qwiksXnd

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 281 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 08:25 PM

Thanks Ares. I guess that settles whether they will attend TIF. That's disappointing.

They performed their new single and b-side yesterday at their 4th anniversary concert. It was partially streamed on niconico - Piichan and other members of i-street were backstage at the venue with a monitor showing the concert. The broadcast was really fun, hopefully they continue this format for future concerts.

#590 Machi-chan

Machi-chan

Hopless Fangirl <3

• Senpai
  • 1687 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 05:09 PM

I'm really disappointed because, like said above...there goes TIF I guess :/ I'm kind of shocked to be honest. I hope this doesn't mean the other iDOL Street groups don't appear...

Despite my disappointment in the event schedule, I am really looking forward to the single, though

x244d2.jpg
"Make each moment precious, and put your spirit into everything you do, and express gratitude to everyone you know." ~Airi Suzuki <3

#591 goratnik

goratnik

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 1187 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:14 AM

みれい SUPER☆GiRLS田中美麗写真集 (no cdjapan link yet)

I have kinda expected a bit more here... previews or comments. It's already stocked!

Posted Image

#592 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:49 AM

^ .. Oh.. I forgot..
I saw stacks of it in stores when I was in Japan a few days back..
I just came back from Tokyo 2 days ago ..
I was really tempted to get it.. just that I have already overspend, my luggage is almost over-weigth and overloaded..
And she is not my oshi.. but I do hope for some preview: P

#593 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 25 July 2014 - 06:13 PM

Kinda strange that it's stocked on Neowing but you can't get it on cdjapan.  They normally stock all the gravure magazines on cdjapan bought some with members of the group in before.

http://www.girlsnews.tv/gravure/168981 some previews here anyway looks pretty sexy. Will probably be one i'll get from YAJ they are already appearing on there for like 750yen

TEAM TAKECHAN

#594 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 26 July 2014 - 05:48 PM

wow .. thanks to the upload SUPER☆GiRLS LIVE 2014 ~Chōzetsu Kakumei~
http://www.hello-onl...s&torrent=74990
watching it gave me quite a bit of feelings ..

I realise I have been quite hopeless with my support of SUPER GiRLS and iDOL Street ..
especially SUPER GiRLS .. as I seem to support Cheeky Parade and of course GEM more ..
but its Reicheru who started my whole interest in iDOL Street in Jan 2012 ..
I haven't been tracking her at all and I left them aside for some time ..
Reicheru really grew up and watching the video made me realise .. I may not have much time left to go for her ..

I think I am going to up my focus and support for them .. anyway iDOL Street is the all I have left for major idol collective ..
recent H!P songs are really not my taste and I guess i have been on them for too long and I also lost my interest with 48G as they have too many members ..
I support so many girls that its meaningless but still I hardly see them in anything ..and I am sick of the lifestyle of plainly tracking them daily on G+..its has become something more like supporting a G+ idol .. seem that all they do is G+ ..

For some dumb reason .. I have miss their last 3 single ..
especially their last 2 single .. I wanted to get it but stupid stuff happened and I didn't get it in the end ..
Does anyone have their last 2 single Sorairo no Kiseki and Hanamichi!! A~mbitious in FLAC?

I am trying to do catch up but their new single is coming .. so I rather put my limited cash in the coming single ..
help anyone? :)

#595 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 31 July 2014 - 05:28 AM

New single MV preview :)

The coupling song MV by iDOL Street All Members from the new single :D

#596 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:36 PM

Oricon chart 1st day
4th position ..
the sales of 3rd which is E-girls are 21,594 ..

This is actually quite low because even if their sales is 21,593 .. there is not way it can get to 40K
looks like a 30K+ sales week and if they are unlucky because sales does go down a lot for the rest of the week with idols ..they may not get to 30K ..
They may be less than 10K sales for all you know because 5th is SKE48 and they are at their 3rd week and no way their sales is higher than 10K ..

their last single was 33,585 1st week .. I wonder how did they manage to fall so much in a year at this time idol madness ..
about a year ago their single sold 75,937 1st week ..

#597 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 01:57 PM

iDOL Street in general seems to be struggling lately none of their groups are making much headway and with this single coming with special personalised photos of all iDOL Street members you'd think it would tempt more people to buy guess it's not the case. SUPER GiRLS had their best sales from their summer swimsuit singles and this year they never did one all summer instead they have gone with a festival theme which doesn't seem to be bringing in the sales. There were big sales drops after both the swimsuit singles. I guess that sums it up most fans only like SUPER GiRLS when they are wearing a swimsuit and shaking their ass or something XD

TEAM TAKECHAN

#598 Ares13

Ares13

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 17932 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 05:10 PM

^ ..lol probably true .. :P
but I somehow think they are not pushing hard enough ..
In term of promoting .. they do not maximize their exposure .. they got to be seen everywhere ..
and they are only as good as they say they are .. somehow they stop projecting themselves as one of the top groups ..
They should start risking a bit and put up some achievement .. Budokan is not much of a achievement anymore ..time for some place bigger ..

I think they made an mistake when they release the cover singles and split them up .. it broke their momentum and they are always at 30+K after that ..

in all .. the sales may have went to music cards which is silly because by not projecting a "winner" image on Oricon .. there is no news of their success and no one would believe in them ..
they got to have more version than 3 versions furthermore 1 of the version are not in retail ..

but in all .. I don't think their efforts now will take effect so soon ... sometimes you can only see the result on later singles ..
well .. I hope so .. :P

#599 Moondoggie

Moondoggie

• Senpai
  • 4707 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:04 AM

Those cover singles were freakin awful but i think they lost a chunk of sales before that anyway. They've been really struggling since the last graduation and adding of new members. I think they made a big mistake doing a festival theme it's too boring and cliche and people need a reason to get excited about them again, I don't think they could play anywhere bigger than Budokan and not look stupid. They couldn't even fill much of Budokan i think they got like 6000. There are loads of empty seats it doesn't look so nice. It was a good concert but they should stick to venues they can fill. They should start doing something with these groups though Avex has money and connections so it should do something.....Or just make another swimsuit single because them being sexy works. It's what they are good at.

TEAM TAKECHAN

#600 Mixi

Mixi

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 121 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:20 AM

The cover singles were seriously awful. I only liked Amita's Sentimental Journey because it's Amita and she's adorable. Personally, I thought Hanamichi was better than their swimsuit singles and I'd love it if S*G pursued that sound. I felt like S*G was back in the game with new members, an energetic song/PV with personality, and a new double centre with Amita and Koume. That was their best single since Akai Jounetsu, and one of the best this year. AHAHA isn't a song I would listen to without the PV. I have no idea who they're trying to target with a song like that.

S*G hasn't recovered from Kaepyon's graduation, and Saori's graduation didn't help at all. As much as I love Koume, and as cute as the two other members can be, they're not bringing in new fans at all. It's sad that S*G only sells with the promise of bikini summer songs (which aren't even that good) and other singles don't perform as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users