Photo

Prince of Tennis

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
93 replies to this topic

#81 ~asianqueen~

~asianqueen~

AI~ddicted & KAME~cted

• Senpai
  • 1915 posts

Posted 20 June 2008 - 03:19 AM

hmmm.... picking ONE character for a fav is a tough choice.

For me it would have to be Eiji Kikumaru because his playing style happens to be VERY similiar to mine. I also play doubles and my teammates call me

"The Beast" when I'm up at the net cause I'm always doing all sorts of acrobats to get the point.

The only difference is that Eiji seems to land his acrobats a lot nicer than mine. You'll always see a band-aid on me. <3 ^_^ ^^;
~My Guardian Angle; Not Angel~ @ ~My fanfic thread!!!~
Posted Image
+lovely sig made by SNIPER and uber cute avie by kawaii beam!+

#82 uoylliweid

uoylliweid

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 05:05 PM

ryoma echizen and ryoga echizen (his older bro) :)

#83 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 23 August 2008 - 11:58 PM

Seems there's a Chinese drama adaptation of this series that started airing on July 25th and will run for 22 episodes. Lets hope it's better than the movie version but it'd be hard for it to be worse.
Posted Image
Cast
Qin Jun Jie as Long Ma (Ryoma Echizen)
Bai Xu Xu as Zhong Guo Guang (Kunimitsu Tezuka)
Zhang Dian Fei as Chen Hai Tang (Kaoru Kaido)
Zhang Chao as Shi Yi (Shuichiro Oishi)
Mao Fang Yuan as Ju Wan (Eiji Kikumaru)
Wang Chuan Jun as Qian Zhen Zhi (Sadaharu Inui)
Chen Ze Yu as Zhou Zhu (Shusuke Fuji)
Xue Hao Wen as He Chun Long (Takashi Kawamura)
Yang De Min as Tao Cheng Wu (Takeshi Momoshiro)
Xu Jing Wei as Long Zheng Nan (Nanjiro Echizen)
Jiang Hong Bo as Coach Lin Qi (Sumire Ryuuzaki)
Wei Bin as Zhou Yu (Yuta Fuji)
Mu Ting Ting as Lin Ying (Sakuno Ryuuzaki)
Zhang Xiao Chen as Guan Yue Chu
Zhong Kai as Wang Ya Jin
Wu Di Wen as Ji Bu Jing Wu
Song Xiao Bo as Xiao Bo
Shen Ren Jie as Chen Qian Shi
Xiang Ding as Huang Jue Wei
Zhan Jing Yi as Xiao Peng (Tomoka Osakada)
Zhang Wen as Qu Xing
Qin Yan Shi as Zhou Jie Chuan
Wu Jian Fei

Trailer
Opening Sequence

Anyone seen the musicals? How do they compare to other manga/anime musicals? For example the Bleach musical.

#84 HollowKevin

HollowKevin

Devoted Minami fan!

• Senpai
  • 2354 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 02:43 AM

^LOL a chinese version of it B), lol I thought the movie was alright, heres hoping the chinese one is better
Thx to nono;)bbz for sig
Kevin's genki angel!
Posted Image

#85 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 04:04 AM

:o :o :o :o :o holy crap lol
i got a feeling that it would be not nearly as good in directing and effects..
but since it has 22 episodes, it can actually have time to develop a plot XD

but still, no way that i would watch it lol

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#86 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 05:03 AM

Watched the first episode which has been subbed and aside from the crappy video quality which seems to plague a lot of Chinese dramas (probably because of the files being in real video's atrocious format), the music which is not to my taste and the name changes which are confusing it's not a bad series. If anything I'll wait until it's done to continue watching. Better yet if softsubs and decent quality raws become available.

#87 jrongow

jrongow

Forever-5th Gen

• Senpai
  • 1776 posts

Posted 24 August 2008 - 03:18 PM

Holy!!! A chinese version?!?! Well.. at least I won't need subs for this one. But still.. watching sth in mandarin that I'm so used to watching in jap is juz gonna be weird...
Posted Image
The Sexy Heroine of my Final Fantasy...
愛 = LOVE

#88 Hikazumi

Hikazumi

Wooyoung <3

• Senpai
  • 4074 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 04:45 AM

I have see the chinese version!! =DD hehe.. I really like it! *^___^* although it has the main story, it shows another point of view~~ =D~~

My favorite chara is... *tan*tan* RYOMA! XD XD~~ but Akaya, Marui and Jirou are good options (eing? ^^;) too~~! *^__^*

#89 AiяiLovεя™

AiяiLovεя™

(◟◜◕◡◕◝◞) YajiSuzu ♡

• Senpai
  • 4959 posts

Posted 27 August 2008 - 01:42 PM

chinese version???
versions are not good IMO

374069d6e3ede87d6670d131e2b49.png

#90 blackheaven

blackheaven

全力投球!!!

• Senpai
  • 967 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 12:41 AM

^
I LOLed after I saw fuji <3 anyways, I'll try to watch this... * on that pic, where's oishi? o_O *

and my fave character? Sengoku of Yamabuki <3 * because I see myself on him... lucky <3 *
My Multiply l My Devart l My Veoh Account l
" you are just sheeps among wolves. Be wise as serpents yet innocent as doves "
Posted Image

#91 JayBz

JayBz

currently sig and avi-less

• Senpai
  • 1158 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 05:40 PM

The trailer looks good.......was Kaidoh crying at 0:52?? haha so out of his image

I'm still curious as to how they'll play out since they have to cram the manga and 178 episodes (well not all of that) into 22 episodes

The ones who play Fuji is always the pretty boy haha :wub:

#92 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 11 September 2008 - 10:32 PM

Update on the live action series.

Look like the fansubbers had something fall their way and have DVDs to get much better quality raws from. Haven't watched it yet but when people are commenting about the difference almost enough to make one cry I'll assume it looks better than the youtube quality they had before.

Still I think I'll wait until they're done so I can watch it as something separate so the name changes don't get to me as much. Although it would have been nice if the subbers just changed the names to the Japanese versions (I think the same thing was done with the Chinese Initial D movie) to make things easier to understand I applaud their efforts to sub all kinds of different series instead of the bishonen series that like 2-3 other groups seem to be doing anyway.

#93 JmusiC

JmusiC

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 123 posts

Posted 14 September 2008 - 08:44 AM

My top two fave characters is Fuji Syuusuke from Seigaku and Kirihara Akaya from Rikkaidai.

Posted Image
Credit: Khimme@GG Philippines for the sig | SoShified

#94 nami-chan

nami-chan

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 134 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:48 AM

Kikumaru and Fuji are my toptwo<3 Kikumaru is too adorable, and I like his personality in the songs and stuff.

I also have an addiction with Ryoma's voice.. part of me died when I found out it was a female seiyuu. Unbelievable, it's so low and husky!!

Has anyone else heard the PoT character songs? At the peak of my PoT phase, http://au.youtube.co...h?v=gmCPaQ272AQ (Gather by Ao to Bin to Kan) was almost like a song that gave me strength, HAHAHA. I also liked aozu when it was formed, they had voices that blended well together (Ryoma, Oishi, Fuji, Tezuka were in it..=3) and Atobe's character songs were pretty good too. Lucky Star even poked fun at H!P wota with his Valentine Kiss song!!
♥ 愛