Photo

Prince of Tennis

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
93 replies to this topic

#21 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 02:51 AM

lol such a dead thread
anyways i'm quite a fan of this anime
my fav characters are Fuji and Kaidoh

i love seeing seigaku players VSseigaku players
and in the later of the manga, it quite sucks.....a game can last for sooooooooooo freakin long......and so close also......
now to think of it, i haven't seen ryoma play for a long time arleay..

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#22 (AZN)animedude

(AZN)animedude

O__O

• Senpai
  • 2588 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 08:31 PM

...where's the eiji love here?

:P i only like eiji cuz he's hyper like me, i play tennis too and it's funny cuz i jump all over the place when i volley...sure no flips or anything like eiji but i do some weird stuff up at the net XD, showed it to my "kohai"/lower grade friend on the tennis team loved it XD
:P suddenly...azn's become a ZONE man XD

read mah blogs =D
and read mah reviews =D #2 on that list, and going up

#23 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 09:43 PM

Kikumaru Eiji then Hikaru Amane (guy who does all kinds of dumb puns) then Takashi Kawamura (student of Ayaka's Totsugeki Eikaiwa).

#24 usagi_no_kami

usagi_no_kami

うさちゃんピース!!!

• Senpai
  • 11934 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:36 PM

Unfortunately not many here watches Prince of Tennis XD

Cartoon Network now airs Prince of Tennis on Saturday nights. Although after they showed episode one, last Saturday they skipped to episode 4. XD

#25 (AZN)animedude

(AZN)animedude

O__O

• Senpai
  • 2588 posts

Posted 10 January 2007 - 11:52 PM

yeah i heard it was americanized which broke me heart XD
not a BIG fan of americanized anime, some are good but generally really bad

read mah blogs =D

#26 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 12:48 AM

In my mind Americanized anime are for little children who have problems reading subtitles fast, lazy people or noobs (hopefully as a gateway to the real thing). Most of the time the voices/translations are awful and the editing tends to water down the story.

#27 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:04 AM

Unfortunately not many here watches Prince of Tennis XD

Cartoon Network now airs Prince of Tennis on Saturday nights. Although after they showed episode one, last Saturday they skipped to episode 4. XD

i HOPE that it'll come to Canada someday.............
but seems like PoT isnt' hitting canada in even manga...... :crying :crying :crying

In my mind Americanized anime are for little children who have problems reading subtitles fast, lazy people or noobs (hopefully as a gateway to the real thing). Most of the time the voices/translations are awful and the editing tends to water down the story.

LOL yea i hate all thoes stupid slangs they put into them just to make it sounds cool or to fit the lips

eg. u'll see sth like "just what the hell do you mean by that?"
like that line you might hear in sth liek Bleach, i'm sure in japanese, the underlined parts were not there

KUDUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

#28 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:03 AM

I was going to quote you but I don't know how to do that yet. Lemon juice in the papercut is when the 'voice actors' use the worst possible voice for the characters and mispronounce Japanese words which are usually used since there is no American equivalent.

Most irritating culprit of lip flappery ad libbing is Naruto (Believe it = dattebayo) and Disney dubs of Miyazaki films. Aside from those I wouldn't know since I watch fansubs with the intent to possibly buy the uncut subtitled DVDs if i really like the series a lot, maybe.

What did they change 'Mada mada da ne' to?

#29 nyekobug

nyekobug

nyekobooger

• Senpai
  • 511 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:53 AM

I was going to quote you but I don't know how to do that yet. Lemon juice in the papercut is when the 'voice actors' use the worst possible voice for the characters and mispronounce Japanese words which are usually used since there is no American equivalent.

All I have to say is check out Anime Otaku's Fandub if it's still up, it's BETTER THAN THE DUBBED...wait no >__>

-nyekobug

[EDIT] Dammit, I used my 1300th post on something this trivial T___T [/EDIT]
1.95TB uploaded!!!! \^.^/ Unofficially in charge of the HM2000 reseed project. My favorites: infidelguy.com, Digitally Imported FM (my playlist), 2 the Ranting Gryphon and Opie and Anthony. Visit the 塊魂 (Katamari Damashii) message board too!

Server is offline pretty much indefinately for filesharing. Sakura beats my share ratio :(

#30 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:42 PM

Yeah there is a good fansubbed version and it goes up to 178 episodes or thereabouts so no more waiting a week between episodes or having to deal with commercials once you get that batch torrent. Haven't seen the musicals but hopefully it's better than the live action movie (though I'm not rushing to get any TeniMyu anytime soon).

#31 (AZN)animedude

(AZN)animedude

O__O

• Senpai
  • 2588 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 09:08 PM

yeah there are some strange dubs, (ex. naruto shouting "believe it" all the time to fill in the -ttebayo that the japanese character tends to have at the end of his words)

i have never watched the prince of tennis americanized version nor do i want to :lol:...i was scarred already from one piece stuff

read mah blogs =D

#32 konstargirl

konstargirl

Been liking Touhou since 07 B******

• Senpai
  • 2615 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 11:20 PM

i heard of this anime. I watch one of the episodes last Saturday I think on Cartoonnetwork and it was funny.
Posted Image

Halloween!!!

#33 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 01:34 AM

Most irritating culprit of lip flappery ad libbing is Naruto (Believe it = dattebayo) and Disney dubs of Miyazaki films. Aside from those I wouldn't know since I watch fansubs with the intent to possibly buy the uncut subtitled DVDs if i really like the series a lot, maybe.

What did they change 'Mada mada da ne' to?

in fan subs i saw "You still have yet to learn" or sth, well it also has 6 sounds in the sentence, or maybe they go for "you are still not good enough" or sth along that line

yea the BELIEVE IT from naruto is just so f*&@#ing annoying that i want to just kill naruto whenever i hear it

now to htink of it, Momo's "Dohhhhhh" they are probalby keeping that....

#34 (AZN)animedude

(AZN)animedude

O__O

• Senpai
  • 2588 posts

Posted 12 January 2007 - 02:25 PM

that would be stupid if they changed that "dohhhnnnn" sound he makes...or kaidoh's hissing sound

btw anyone here seen the live action movie? (and for those who didn't know there was one yes there was :lol:)

read mah blogs =D

#35 PrincessHoney

PrincessHoney

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 288 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 12:50 AM

btw anyone here seen the live action movie? (and for those who didn't know there was one yes there was :lol:)

I have (@゜▽゜@)ノ"~! The actors for the Seigaku team are the same ones that performed in some of the PoT musicals. The movie is pretty good; I liked the matches and the crazy special effects ♥♥♥♥ But I was kinda disappointed that the outcomes of the doubles matches were different Ψ(>∀<)Ψ~

Anyway, my favorite characters are Fuji Syuusuke from Seigaku and the doubles one pair of Niou Masaharu and Yagyuu Hiroshi from Rikkai.

#36 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 03:17 AM

I have (@゜▽゜@)ノ"~! The actors for the Seigaku team are the same ones that performed in some of the PoT musicals. The movie is pretty good; I liked the matches and the crazy special effects ♥♥♥♥ But I was kinda disappointed that the outcomes of the doubles matches were different Ψ(>∀<)Ψ~

Anyway, my favorite characters are Fuji Syuusuke from Seigaku and the doubles one pair of Niou Masaharu and Yagyuu Hiroshi from Rikkai.

yea i knew there were PoT musicals, but they quite had nth to do with tennis, right?

the movie...well, i think that ryoma was tooooooooo strong, differs from the manga, but well itw as only a movie, so can't be too detailed, and the effects, hahahahahahahahahahaha quite cool

however, overall i didn't like the movie, probalby cuz i don't liek live action too much

#37 mixedmedia

mixedmedia

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3089 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 04:41 AM

I like live action but the PoT movie didn't capture any of the magic of the anime. Most of the characters were boring or not developed at all or simply replaced/omitted for time constraints. Plot wasn't very good either. What was this 'I have to leave' and then Ryoma shows up anyway all about? Might have made for a decent drama series with cheesy effects but it failed as a movie. Might as well tried to have made a Hikaru No Go movie.

#38 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 07:08 AM

I like live action but the PoT movie didn't capture any of the magic of the anime. Most of the characters were boring or not developed at all or simply replaced/omitted for time constraints. Plot wasn't very good either. What was this 'I have to leave' and then Ryoma shows up anyway all about? Might have made for a decent drama series with cheesy effects but it failed as a movie. Might as well tried to have made a Hikaru No Go movie.

i think a Hikaru no Go will be a better movie as the focus of the plot will problaby be better
yea the PoT movie's plot and characters development is just terrible....i found it so bad that i kept skipping.....
yea drama series would be better, but they are problaby too lazy for it....too much sports and effects

#39 PrincessHoney

PrincessHoney

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 288 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 07:43 AM

i think a Hikaru no Go will be a better movie as the focus of the plot will problaby be better
yea the PoT movie's plot and characters development is just terrible....i found it so bad that i kept skipping.....
yea drama series would be better, but they are problaby too lazy for it....too much sports and effects

I totally agree~ I was pretty excited after seeing the preview but the undeveloped plot and characters made it rather disappointing.

#40 sanrio

sanrio

ローマーンースー

• Senpai
  • 10977 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 08:19 AM

but i remember that i couldn't stop laughing when i saw the pictures of the preview though, cuz itw as just a plain shock to me
lol it was crazy indeed
btw at that time i didn't know there was PoT musicals
oh and my fav scene in the movie is probabaly the scene they went to celebrate and had sushi in takeshi's hosue resturant, and my fav part of it was when the sushi was in the frame