Photo

Converting/Encoding/Compressing Video

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
81 replies to this topic

#1 Ishikawa

Ishikawa

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 148 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 04:49 AM

I want to split MAKI's DVD from this Traker.
The VOB in the DVD isn't one file=one PV <3
I only need several PVs in the DVD.(Because I already have some Maki's VOB)

P.S. I don't have experience for using DVD tool <3
Posted Image (o^▽^)10/5発売「クレナイの季節」絶対聴き逃せない曲です
Posted Image (o�ⅴ`)「Missラブ探偵」シングルV絶賛発売中。orz
Posted Image (o�ⅴ`)「Missラブ探偵」絶賛発売中。

#2 Miki-chan

Miki-chan

Kappa Airi's Slave

• Validating
  • 124 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 05:12 AM

DVD2AVI & TMPGENC or VirtualDub

#3 ranker

ranker

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 05:27 AM

DVD2AVI & TMPGENC? or? VirtualDub

or "vob edit"

#4 Santa-san

Santa-san

圣诞老人

• Senpai
  • 1254 posts

Posted 12 February 2005 - 01:13 PM

U should ask a tech friend to help U use the programs mentioned above, because they are hard to use for the unexperienced.
Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted Image

#5 hu5h

hu5h

ハッシュ

• Senpai
  • 477 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 12:13 AM

Which one is most newbie friendly? I mean if you don't need all the fancy stuff, just if you want to get some clips together or apart.

When it comes to movie and photo editiing I think Macs are great, but I prefer PCs with win in every other aspect =.=

#6 Ishikawa

Ishikawa

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 148 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 01:37 AM

U should ask a tech friend to help U use the programs mentioned above, because they are hard to use for the unexperienced.

No no no, I just want to know the tool name,
then the "how-to" and "where to search", I'll do that by myself. <3
I use many programs, but just never use about any DVD tool <3

Thank for ranker & Miki-chan. <3

>> hu5h
I collect a lot of H!P's , include fancy stuff.

#7 hu5h

hu5h

ハッシュ

• Senpai
  • 477 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 01:53 AM

>> hu5h
I collect a lot of  H!P's , include fancy stuff.

heh I meant fancy as in fancy functions on the application ;p one can't get enough of fancy H!P stuff now can one? <3
Sorry if my meaning didn't get through. <3

#8 dracko

dracko

9th gen member

• Uploader
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 12:39 PM

Glad you enjoy my DVD. Simply look for a program called smart ripper. Point it at the video_ts folder of the DVD, and in settings, choose to cut the DVD into Chapters. Each chapter will then become a stand-alone VOB file. Simply rename, and you will have all the VOBs in the DVD.

If you have any questions, ask here or PM me <3

#9 jimjerjr

jimjerjr

7th gen member

• Validating
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 02:27 PM

... Simply look for a program called smart ripper. Point it at the video_ts folder of the DVD, and in settings, choose to cut the DVD into Chapters.

Yowza!!!! That's what I was looking for! I'll try it first, then if I get questions, I will post. Thank ya! <3

#10 Asayan

Asayan

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 February 2005 - 11:03 PM

... Simply look for a program called smart ripper. Point it at the video_ts folder of the DVD, and in settings, choose to cut the DVD into Chapters.

Yowza!!!! That's what I was looking for! I'll try it first, then if I get questions, I will post. Thank ya! <3

I like DVD Decrypter more <3
Posted Image

#11 Ishikawa

Ishikawa

5th gen member

• Uploader
  • 148 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 03:21 AM

Finally, I find "ifoEditer" to cut VOB. <3
It's small and used easy. <3

#12 dracko

dracko

9th gen member

• Uploader
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 05:49 AM

I've never tried dvd decrypter's file mode, so i dont know how it's cell id and vob id split work, but with smart ripper, if you split by chapters, you dont have to do ANY splitting, cutting, etc since each file will be an entire video. In one fell swoop you end up with a folder full of VOBs. Simply rename and you are done.

Sure, there are tons of tools out there that do the same thing, but I have found this to be the easiest way. Guess I'll try the other tools mentioned here to see if they are easier, etc...

#13 Asayan

Asayan

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 10:52 AM

I've never tried dvd decrypter's file mode, so i dont know how it's cell id and vob id split work, but with smart ripper, if you split by chapters, you dont have to do ANY splitting, cutting, etc since each file will be an entire video. In one fell swoop you end up with a folder full of VOBs. Simply rename and you are done.

It works the same way <3
Posted Image

#14 boykun

boykun

たまねぎ!!

• Senpai
  • 275 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 12:02 AM

hey. i just ripped a concert dvd with Smart Ripper.
it ripped out the VOBs but they're in pieces.. and of course i would like them all as one file.

so.. what are the best programs for this? are there any that joins all the VOBs and encodes automatically..
or should i encode each piece on VirtualDub first.. and then join them together.

need some help.. i know nothing of encoding and ripping dvds and such.

thanks in advance

2001-2005 ..good days.. good times.

Posted Image
breakfast time . wallpaper.download

#15 dracko

dracko

9th gen member

• Uploader
  • 6 posts

Posted 21 March 2005 - 05:34 AM

You can re-rip with smart ripper, but instead of splitting on a per-chapter basis, split them up into 4gb chunks.

#16 boykun

boykun

たまねぎ!!

• Senpai
  • 275 posts

Posted 22 March 2005 - 08:11 AM

thanks!

2001-2005 ..good days.. good times.

Posted Image
breakfast time . wallpaper.download

#17 nyekobug

nyekobug

nyekobooger

• Senpai
  • 511 posts

Posted 16 April 2005 - 01:08 PM

Hey-

I'm curious if anyone else on here has started using the H264 codec. I was playing around with it and recompressed SweetS' video "Sky" from the original 350MB+ VOB file down to like a 70-ishMB avi file. Quality is better than the 100MB XviD file I created earlier (both of these were multipass).

Anyone interested in seeing if they can play the vid on their computer (it's compute intensive - I found that if you have Nero installed, you should be able to play it because the Nero decoder has an inherent H264 decoder) at a full frame rate. My tests so far were:

Pentium-M 1.7G, MplayerC, Nero DVD Decoder Codec: Plays fine
Celeron-D 2.4G, MplayerC, Nero DVD Decoder Codec: Plays fine, though I can't be doing anything else on it simultaneously.

-nyekobug
1.95TB uploaded!!!! \^.^/ Unofficially in charge of the HM2000 reseed project. My favorites: infidelguy.com, Digitally Imported FM (my playlist), 2 the Ranting Gryphon and Opie and Anthony. Visit the 塊魂 (Katamari Damashii) message board too!

Server is offline pretty much indefinately for filesharing. Sakura beats my share ratio :(

#18 nyekobug

nyekobug

nyekobooger

• Senpai
  • 511 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 02:05 AM

If anyone's interested, here

[EDIT]Link Expired, Anyone interested though, let me know and I'll repost it XD[/EDIT]

Is a recoded video of SweetS/Sky and the supporting applications are here

http://www.afterdawn...ers/ffdshow.cfm
http://sourceforge.n...ackage_id=84358

-nyekobug :D
1.95TB uploaded!!!! \^.^/ Unofficially in charge of the HM2000 reseed project. My favorites: infidelguy.com, Digitally Imported FM (my playlist), 2 the Ranting Gryphon and Opie and Anthony. Visit the 塊魂 (Katamari Damashii) message board too!

Server is offline pretty much indefinately for filesharing. Sakura beats my share ratio :(

#19 hisashirockz

hisashirockz

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 08:46 PM

for those of u uploaders, or for those of u who are just rippers, i want to know what software do u guys use to rip dvd to divx avi??
please recommend me one, and its better if i can find it from the net and free...

thanks

#20 Epofra2K

Epofra2K

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 09:02 PM

To rip the VOB : Smart Ripper

To encode to DivX : VirtualDub Mod

:D