• Please log in to reply
623 replies to this topic

#1 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 07:15 PM

Former Up Front Style's Happy! Style members Oguru Yui and Ishihara Kaori, are better known as YuiKaori.  They have released a single titled "Our Steady Boy" on Starchild Records / King Records.  It is the ending theme to the anime series Kiss x Sis.  They are now managed by Style Cube.  Both girls were previously members of the groups Team DEKARIS and StylipS.   

Ogura Yui (小倉唯), born on August 15, 1995 

Ishihara Kaori (石原夏織), born on August 6, 1993

Official Website

Kaori's Blog

Yui's Blog

Yui's Website

Attached Files

"Sakura Gakuin 2010 ~message~" is the greatest album released in the 21st Century! Get your copy today and find out why!

Proudly supporting lots of idols... Sakura Gakuin ~ Caramel ☆ Ribbon ~ Aither ~ Prizmmy☆ ~ NA-NA ~ Himekko 5 ~ Candy Kiss ~ Sakuran Bom Bom ~ Onigokko 

The Most Rebellious Japanese Idol Blog: This Is Your Wake Up Call!  /  Young Idol Singers (Facebook) / Sensational Idols (Website)  

#2 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 07:17 PM

I really like this song and hope this pairing continues XD

#3 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 09:32 PM

Okay, I had no idea that someone had created a thread for Yui yesterday with more info than I can provide. Good for them. I'm a "Johnny-Come-Lately", huh? :blink:

"Sakura Gakuin 2010 ~message~" is the greatest album released in the 21st Century! Get your copy today and find out why!

Proudly supporting lots of idols... Sakura Gakuin ~ Caramel ☆ Ribbon ~ Aither ~ Prizmmy☆ ~ NA-NA ~ Himekko 5 ~ Candy Kiss ~ Sakuran Bom Bom ~ Onigokko 

The Most Rebellious Japanese Idol Blog: This Is Your Wake Up Call!  /  Young Idol Singers (Facebook) / Sensational Idols (Website)  

#4 L414

L414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 861 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 11:24 PM

I think it's fine to have threads both for the unit and the individual members. It's the same with all the H!P units and members, isn't it.

I also love "Our Steady Boy", both the song and the PV. The PV is so cute. :P I especially love the ending. :D
さん…?%&#ぜn

#5 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 11:25 PM

I see no problem at all for there being both threads afterall they are different things :P

I hope they have a follow up and this does not end up being a one shot thing.

#6 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 10:07 PM

Okay, everyone is in love with Yui, I guess. She's very cute, has a high-pitched voice that makes her sound much younger than she actually is, and has a bubbly personality. Since she has her own thread and Kaori does not, I decided to look up some info on Kaori and try to play fair.

Ishihara Kaori - Born: August 6, 1993. Blood Type: A. Height: 153 cm.
Hobbies: Reading manga, singing.
Official website: http://ishihara-kaori.com/ [Tip: If you can't read Japanese, use Google Translate.]
Kaori's website mentions she will appear in some sort of special effects movie. No real info, but she will be the star apparently.

YuiKaori's new CD single cover:

Attached Files

#7 L414

L414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 861 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 05:00 AM

^ You could create a thread for her. Yui has one, now. Kaori should have one, too. :whistle:

Even though Yui is my favourite of those two, I also like Kaori. What really attracted my attention about her when watching the Our Steady Boy PV, was her excellent voice, although I can't tell how much of it is due to post-production. I wonder how she sounds live.
さん…?%&#ぜn

#8 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:46 AM

The pv is good and they work well together but i was not so impressed with lives they have done. If it matters it was not a live of that specific song.
I still like them though :(

#9 I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

I ♥ Miyoshi Ayaka

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 3739 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 04:35 PM

Yesterday I said I had no real details on Kaori's movie. That's because I didn't bother to click on the link that took me to the site with the trailer! :w00t: Well, the movie is a CGI sci-fi cartoon that takes place in 2053 called PLANZET. I'm not sure of the exact plot, since I didn't understand the dialogue in the trailer, but it's an outer space adventure and there's a young girl that I assume Kaori voices. It might be a good movie, but I'm not a huge CGI fan. A song played during the trailer, but I can't be sure if Kaori sings it.

#10 L414

L414

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 861 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:20 PM

Yeah, Kaori seems to voice Koyomi Akashima (or Akajima, I'm not sure how the kanji are read), the younger sister of, I presume, the main character.

Attached File  koyomi.jpg   67.29K   56 downloads

The movie looks very japanesy. Don't get me wrong; I like Japan, but I can only take so many stereotypes and the huge man-like combat robot, as well as the entire setting and the character relations that I can make out so far, seem to be quite typical for a Japanese work.

---

EDIT:

I've just watched YuiKaori's appearance on Ongaku Tokushuu. You can find it on the tracker: http://www.hello-onl...p;torrent=27704 .

There was some live footage from "HAPPY!STYLE Communication Circuit 007" and I could hear that their voices are indeed not that good, yet. They have some difficulties carrying the tune and they quickly run out of air. But they are still young, their voices will still change a lot and they may become good singers one day.

There was live footage, an interview, quizzes and games. The highlight of the show was clearly -- well, for me it was the highlight, anyway -- the confession simulation game. It was about reenacting a girl's confession to the boy she likes. First Yui-chan confessed to "Kaoru-kun" and then Kaori-chan to "Ogura-senpai". Romantic music was accompanying the scenes, there were passionate embraces and almost-kisses and all of it was terribly cute. Definitely worth watching.

Attached File  sc3.jpg   109.16K   62 downloads Attached File  sc2.jpg   102.77K   69 downloads Attached File  sc1.jpg   94.22K   135 downloads
さん…?%&#ぜn

#11 -Dani-

-Dani-

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 898 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:33 PM

The 2nd YuiKaori's single has been announced! It will be a double a-side whose name is "Futari/VIVIVID PARTY!". It will be released on July 21. "Futari" will be used as another "kiss×sis" theme.

http://www.starchild...ri/release.html

I can't wait :D :D

"Our Steady Boy" 1st week on Oricon Charts:
- Sales: 1,361

64 1,361 ゆいかおり

I expected more ^^;

~Buono! = 愛~ こころにメロディ 抱きしめ

Visit my (and Bunny Kaisui's) YuiKaori's fanblog (not updated anymore) // Follow me on Twitter!

sigbuono07.jpg

#12 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14635 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:08 PM

^ I wouldn't expect all that much. They're a relatively unknown group promoting a song that ties into an anime that probably has a very niche audience.

I'll listen to their next songs, but that's about as far as I can get into this group now.

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#13 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:10 PM

Damn ! I was not expecting much but that was shockingly low i would of thought the tv series connection would of made a difference.

#14 zam(仮)

zam(仮)

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 45805 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:42 PM

@L414's post: the 3rd pic :wub: :wub: :whistle: :wub:

20170803_uug_sig.jpg

Up-Up Girls Schedule | UUG Official Facebook
Public Service Announcement brought to you by UUG: Beware of fraud mails! Watch it here => https://youtu.be/2KFK8pMhilE

#15 Nayok-Kihara

Nayok-Kihara

Graduated member

• Dai-Senpai
  • 14635 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:45 PM

Damn ! I was not expecting much but that was shockingly low i would of thought the tv series connection would of made a difference.

You know what the show is about, right..? :whistle:; The audience really can't be that large.

Fandom Obsessive.
XgqXhMV.png
Graphics by nono:)bbz & Charlokylie.

#16 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 10:50 PM

I am aware of it i just still expected more sales. Ok not 10000 but perhaps it would of got half way.

#17 oroboras

oroboras

Defender of the Faith

• Senpai
  • 1704 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 02:41 AM

I find the song very catchy & sweet.
I also think that Yui is a new favourite of mine, lol. I have too many to count now, I think.

I look forward to their second single. I wish they had sold more of their first one, too - but it's early days yet.
Posted Image

#18 Amee.

Amee.

Sayaka Akimoto <3 Sae Miyazawa <3

• Banned
  • 1183 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 08:25 PM

I wasn't really expecting much more than that. I mean, it's not exactly a mainstream anime series, is it?
And there was next to none promotion.
ofc things can only get better so I look forward to the next single! :D
Posted Image
that is akimoto sayaka
please do not feel threatened!
Unless you dislike her or AKB48 and then you should be slightly worried.
I'm slightly on the akb obsessive side...slightly worrying also. Very worrying actually. DONT EVER SAY ANYTHING AGAINST AKB OR SAYAKA OR YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAHAHAHAA
PEACE OUT

#19 -Dani-

-Dani-

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 898 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:32 PM

Yesterday, on YuiKaori's official site, a "VIVIVID PARTY!" PV preview appeared: http://www.starchild...uikaori/pv.html. (For those who prefer YouTube: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=9-tQxAkEXss).

They're amazing. I wouldn't mind if they release a bad single because their first two singles are awesome.

~Buono! = 愛~ こころにメロディ 抱きしめ

Visit my (and Bunny Kaisui's) YuiKaori's fanblog (not updated anymore) // Follow me on Twitter!

sigbuono07.jpg

#20 Amee.

Amee.

Sayaka Akimoto <3 Sae Miyazawa <3

• Banned
  • 1183 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:44 PM

I agree
Posted Image
that is akimoto sayaka
please do not feel threatened!
Unless you dislike her or AKB48 and then you should be slightly worried.
I'm slightly on the akb obsessive side...slightly worrying also. Very worrying actually. DONT EVER SAY ANYTHING AGAINST AKB OR SAYAKA OR YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAHAHAHAA
PEACE OUT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users