HPworshiper13

Killing time murders opportunities

• Senpai
  • 471 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:45 AM

Here's their main website : http://aika.gpotato.com/
And here's a First Look Gameplay Vid:

Posted Image

AIKA Online is a MMORPG that is set in the past. Boasting awesome graphics for a MMORPG, AIKA Online features some of the most innovative game play elements that I’ve ever see in any MMORPG that I’ve ever played for the past 10 years :D.

Featuring some intensive PvP (e.g nation wars) and even a daughter system (you get to own a loli, how nice), what more can be wanted from such a game?

Of course, most seasoned MMORPG player would know that AIKA Online hails from the GREAT SOUTH KOREA, where most of the MMORPGs we play today started off from there. Most seasoned MMORPG player would also know that any MMO games from Korea would probably mean hours of mindless grinding just to get the level you want.

However, I must say, AIKA is a refreshing change from the usual mindless grinding for EXP. The quests in AIKA is probably one of the fastest and easiest way to gain levels in the game, and they aren’t that difficult to complete.

AIKA also provides plenty of eye candy. Each skill is executed in a very flashy and memorable fashion. Each skill also comes with a particular SFX where your character is shouting the skill’s name.

Posted Image
~What my character looks like in the game~ (I'm on PvE server, Alethius Nation, name is Romarr)

Quests in AIKA provides both money and EXP, that means that you should do quests to increase both your levels and your wealth. Although playing in a total foreign environment brings about a sense of confusion, there’s nothing much to be worried anyway, since there are plenty of guides around to help out in whatever you might want to do. The maps are also very detailed which is a very nice bonus.

Other than quests, there are two very prominent features in AIKA that I think it’s absolutely worth mentioning. AIKA brings players on about a massive PvP battleground, which can also be called as a nation war, which will allow as much as 2,000 players (maybe even more!) in a single battlefield to duke it out and reign supreme for their own nations. They also recently added an arena feature which is also pretty fun.

Posted Image
~Preparations before the great battle…~(got from the interwebz)

Posted Image
~Onwards to ownage!~(got from the interwebz)

You can almost imagine this as a massive PvPing event too… except there are always perks in winning these nation wars for your own nations!

And now to one of the more significant feature that exists in AIKA Online, the daughter system! I suppose you guys can probably make out what does this means anyway…

Posted Image
~The evolution tree of your… well… daughter, err.. Pran ^_^.~

Upon reaching the Lv7 milestone, you’re entitled to keep a nymph (no, not that kind of a nymph… XD ) which will “evolve” as you level up. The nymph is called a “Pran“ has it’s own set of skills and experience bar, but you’ll get both Pran EXP and your own EXP whenever you successfully kill a monster.

At the moment, the Pran 3 stages of evolution. Prans starts off as a Fairy, and as you continue playing the game, it’ll gradually level up and turn into a Child (your own personal loli, and no, you can’t do that with her), and finally at the third stage, at level 20, a teenager with her own personality!. Of course, each additional levels would bring about more skills that she can use to improve your overall character stats.

Posted Image
~A picture of my Pran(She's still a child, 14 more levels till she becomes a teen ^^;) Her name is Aliciia~

Of course, people would probably say that this is just some kind of a pet system that exists since Ragnarok Online when they introduced their own Cute-Pet system. This is partially true in a sense, since the Pran exists to help and aid you in your coming battles, however the claim is only half true.

The Pran system has a intimacy level which determines how well related you are with your Pran. The better you’re related with your Pran would mean that she would be more open to you, have conversations with you more often, aid you more often in your coming battles.

Prans will often engage in conversations with the player, and in the course of the conversation, there would be some options available for the player to choose. The options will either increase/decrease/nothing the relation level with your Pran(One time she asked me If I liked Xbox360, PS3, or Wii best and I chose 360(What else? XD) and she got mad at me :good:). So, in a sense, it can be considered as a mini-visual novel at that too.

Posted Image
~Note: Pran looks like my Aliciia, but this is just a pic I took from the web :D~

The Pran system also allows you to customize how your Pran looks like. Prans have their own inventory, which allows you to equip some adorable costumes or dolls on your Pran. Your Pran’s hairstyle can also be customized to some of the pre-sets that are available!

The Pran does some cute emotes too, such as dancing while you’re talking to it, and cheering on while you’re attacking the monsters. Depending on what your answers are when your Pran asks you a question, or how you act in the game while having your Pran out, her personality will be one of the following when she reaches her teenage phase : Cute, Athletic, Smart, Hyper, Sexy/Sassy, and Evil/Fallen.
ex: Killing members of your own nation in PvP will result in your Pran thinking that murdering comrades is okay and will develop an evil personality.

Here are some voice clips of what each personality sounds like:
Cute Pran Voice
Athletic Pran Voice
Smart Pran Voice
Sexy/Sassy Pran Voice
Evil/Fallen Pran Voice

If you want to see how they're animations are like when cheering, idle, etc visit this site(voices are in korean though):
http://aikadatabase.com/pran.php?cs=3

The Pran is indeed a very cute addition into the whole game.

Posted Image
~One of the many ways you can customize your Pran.~

However, one very big disadvantage about the game is that your gender is class-locked. Yep, that means if you want to play a certain class, you’ll need to play the assigned gender. Of course, the developers aren’t that unthoughtful to make up for it.

For example, there are two ranged classes in the game, namely Dual Gunner and Sniper. Dual Gunner is a dual pistol user who fires projectiles at a high speed, and is a female. The Sniper is a rifle user who fires damaging projectiles, and is a male. Although both are ranged classes, both have some different skills, and their playing style would be slightly different from each other. Although I still wish I can play as a dual wielding pistoler guy rather than one big gun :P

Other than that, AIKA is a pretty solid game to play. It has good graphics, good sound, cute and nice-looking models/environments and I strongly urge you to play, cause this game is one of the BEST FREE MMORPGs i've tried, and that's out of 14!(Yep i have way too much free time!)
~!Touhou FTW!~ Posted Image ~!Touhou FTW!~

#2 Lawrence

Lawrence

Genki ni, KOHA =D

• Senpai
  • 2128 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:15 AM

looks cool~ i'll definitly play it if there's an english international version ;o

so is there? and we should start a H!O guild XD

#3 kyyuna

kyyuna

Reina's Personal Butler <3

• Senpai
  • 2244 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 04:44 AM

uhmmm this topic should be moved to the Tech forums =(
田中れいな ドSの中のドM 田中れいなデスッ!!!・・・どーぉ(笑)

Captain = Aika = Maimai

[topic='Kyyuna's H!P shop']http://www.hello-online.org/index.php?/topic/23808-preview-kyyunas-helloproject-shop/#entry1598662[/topic]

#4 sailormari

sailormari

Spreading Mari goodness since 1998

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 09:58 AM

yes this need to be moved

but game looks nice i may check it out later

like i need another mmorpg to play :bad:
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#5 HPworshiper13

HPworshiper13

• Senpai
  • 471 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 12:18 PM

looks cool~ i'll definitly play it if there's an english international version ;o

so is there? and we should start a H!O guild :whistle:

There is no international version but there is an english version! http://aika.gpotato.com/ and thanka for moving! never knew we had a tech forum lol

#6 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 05:35 AM

^ yea alot people dont knwo that we keep it a sercert <_<

but as for game what req to run game

i have older system
Grand Master Shogun SailorMari and part of the Mari Branch of W.H.O.A. (World-wide HELLO! Otaku Academy)
Posted Image
voted Mari's Greatest Fan in the 2010 & 2011 Greatest Fan Awards...thanks to all who voted for me and thanks to Sprinklebuns♥Yutorin for siggy

#7 HPworshiper13

HPworshiper13

• Senpai
  • 471 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 07:08 AM

MINIMUM

1 GHz Intel Pentium III
512 MB
128MB NVIDIA/ATI 3D Card
Windows 2000/ <3
1 GB
DirectX 9.0c

RECOMMENDED

2.0 GHz Dual Core
1 GB
256MB NVIDIA/ATI 3D Card
Windows XD/Vista/7
1 GB
DirectX 9.0c

#8 Amee.

Amee.

Sayaka Akimoto <3 Sae Miyazawa <3

• Banned
  • 1183 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 08:00 PM

For some reasonm, it's getting on my nerves that this game doesn't seem to suit Mittsi. :lol:
Posted Image
that is akimoto sayaka
please do not feel threatened!
Unless you dislike her or AKB48 and then you should be slightly worried.
I'm slightly on the akb obsessive side...slightly worrying also. Very worrying actually. DONT EVER SAY ANYTHING AGAINST AKB OR SAYAKA OR YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW WHAHAHAHAA
PEACE OUT

#9 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:00 AM

when i have more time i try it since i have the system that looks like can handle the MINIMUM

but some the screenshot dont impress me but then again others do

i try game out and seem how long keeps me involved
Posted Image

#10 HPworshiper13

HPworshiper13

• Senpai
  • 471 posts

Posted 07 May 2010 - 06:09 AM

^
Most games bore me usually after lvl 20, unless it was WoW, FFXI or Everquest, but the thing that keeps me coming back to the game aside from its nice graphics, is my Pran :blink:

BTW they have launched their official youtube page now so why not take a look, or even better, subscribe?!

PS : Kiwi, the Pran of an NPC in-game, adventuring through Lakia, gets lost, and reunites with her master

#11 sailormari

sailormari

• Senpai
  • 15428 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:26 AM

^ for me its ff games or RO other wisde i get bored to quick too
Posted Image

#12 topdawg712

topdawg712

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 110 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 03:14 AM

I've tried this game, and i like the pran and I like the dedicated gunner classes, but other than those, it's not really keeping my interest that much. I don't even remember what level I'm at. I've actually been playing Luna Online more than this.

#13 HPworshiper13

HPworshiper13

• Senpai
  • 471 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:20 PM

heh i'm still playing this game and luna online is nice, but i'm not really into cute mmorpgs as much as i am into realistic art style :/ I have played cute mmorpgs like DOMO for awhile and I love the psp and ps3 game Fat Princess which also has cute graphics :wub:

#14 Luciano

Luciano

♥ Eri

• Senpai
  • 726 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 06:10 PM

I played this game during Closed Beta, was quite looking forward to the RvR/PvP

but the grind was just too much for me, but nonetheless meet many friendly players and had a great time

#15 °Cal.Mer.Sac

°Cal.Mer.Sac

Let's tanobaru!!!

• Senpai
  • 4455 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 04:32 AM

i might just abandon my jade dynasty account for this game... and go back later and leave again.
Posted Image

#16 onigiri.neko

onigiri.neko

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 11:51 AM

me and a friend started playin, its not bad but its kinda hard to change your view while walkin
im not sure if you can or how to add stats or points to your skills when you level
Posted Image

#17 topdawg712

topdawg712

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 110 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 12:38 AM

I tried both this and luna online a while ago, but I haven't played in a few months. Personally I liked luna online more than aika online, but I'm usually not that into MMORPG's cause of how much grinding is involved and doing the same quest types over and over again. at least with regular RPG's you can usually get by without too much grinding.

#18 KimagurePrincess

KimagurePrincess

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 31 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 01:30 AM

Talesrunner and Flyff are more fun. Mostly because of the members, though Aika doesn't interest me all that much.

Especially since you don't choose your gender.

Allods is nice, I was there for beta.
mattie. female. Canada. <3

#19 Shinyun226

Shinyun226

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 835 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 10:10 PM

I just randomly decided to try this to day... can't seem to get it to work though. When ever I start it up I get an "Too many users. Please Try again" Error. Anybody else have trouble with this or know how to fix this?

#20 AnimeWatcher

AnimeWatcher

Auditioning...

• Shinmem
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 07:03 PM

I want to try it though they keep saying that my acc was cancelled,idk why but on other gpotato games it works,but so nice review

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users