Photo

Have you ever left your country?

• Please log in to reply
448 replies to this topic

Poll: Have you ever left your country? (566 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you ever left your country?

1. Voted Yes (490 votes [86.57%])

Percentage of vote: 86.57%

2. No (76 votes [13.43%])

Percentage of vote: 13.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 sLaVe4MM

sLaVe4MM

Thanks for The Memory, it's been more than beautiful.

• Senpai
  • 3502 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 12:23 AM

I was born in the Philippines and I left there when I was one and now I live in Florida aall my life... and I go back to the Philippines every other summer.

-sLaVe4mm

http://sweetkaramel....dex.php?act=idx

Pervy Thinkers Association >>LIFE ~ is just another story~2007/7/27<<>>Finally, I get to write again! Get yo KOREAN NEWS!<< CLICKIE ON THE PICIES! They take you to a new world :]

#42 MOGXIII

MOGXIII

Sleeping Member

• Senpai
  • 2197 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 03:08 AM

Heh, quite a bogus question for me.. anyway, yes, I have 'ever' left my country.. .. .. and returned to it of course.
I understand the question as "have you ever been outside of your country". So anyway, back then, it would be for vacation (with parents). Nowadays it's more work related (as with the coming one on the 8th March '06).
Anyway, since my country is also next to 2 Malaysian states.. I also venture there which may take 1-2 hours of car ride. :wink:

°-°Izu°-°

REDUCE, REUSE, RECYCLE
リデュース 、 リユース 、 リサイクル
RI.DIU.SU,, RI.YU.SU,, RI.SA.I.KU.RU

p/s. AKB48 is Shmexy~ aRr~ >:] *ebil*

°-°Izu°-°

Amoz-senpai's Guide to Quoting/Editing
FORUM RULES & GUIDELINES
updated: August 2007

#43 Sakura_Y

Sakura_Y

Call me さくら and yes, I am a girl

• Senpai
  • 1607 posts

Posted 07 March 2006 - 03:12 AM

Nope, can't say I've left the US yet.....closest I've been in shte California coastline

Berryz Koubou Fansite - Special Generation Forum (sadly this forum is gone but the link remains for posterity)
Listening to J-pop is like eating a can of Pringles "Once you Jpop you can't stop!"

#44 cool_kickin_dude

cool_kickin_dude

Charmy Ishikawa's personal news reporter

• Banned
  • 1967 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 01:20 AM

what I wouldn't give to leave the country once before I die, closest I got is Panama City, Florida. I'll say this, it has the best view of the beach I have ever seen
Go to the H!P fanfic and post please! Check out my fanfic blog as well!

#45 H!P46

H!P46

바나나컨셉트!

• Senpai
  • 1854 posts

Posted 09 March 2006 - 02:21 AM

I'm from Wales, am in university in London and have only been to Scotland twice in my life I think. I only remember going once about 10 years ago but my sister assures me that I also went once when I was very little. However, they don't really count because it's all part of the UK.

The European countries I've gone to are France, Spain and Italy (twice). All were quite interesting but the first time I went to Italy was during an air traffic control strike and our return flight from Rome was cancelled! Luckily we got onto a different flight but it was from Pisa! They're not exactly next to each other...

But, Europe sucks compared to the East (don't hurt me, it's just my opinion :)). I've been to Hong Kong a number of times (might be about 8-10 times and always fun) and travelling from there I've been to Singapore, Macau, China and Japan but all were a long time (6-15 years) ago. I can't remember Macau at all except for the return journey by hydrofoil. I don't remember much of China either except eating outside somewhere. Singapore I remember very well: Sentosa, Raffles City and obviously the Merlion, but the thing I remember most is how stupidly clean the place is! Ninety percent relative humidity and over 35°C and cleanliness sticks in my head. Weird... Japan I can remember a bit: Tokyo Disneyland, and walking around Tokyo (though I couldn't say which of the 23 special wards I was in). However, like I said, I was quite young visiting the latter four so obviously I didn't appreciate things as much. I'd love to go back to Japan to see a more cultural side of it. I find that Britain lacks cultural focus despite having a royal family. To me it seems more of a novelty factor for tourism than anything genuinely interesting. Here's hoping I get the chance...
Blog Translations

从'v') The Kitty, Miki Fujimoto
从' 。'从  The Monkey, Aya Matsuura

#46 timothy

timothy

:)

• Senpai
  • 828 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:03 PM

quite surprised that 5% haven't left.

ive really just gone about in Europe, (not reached Asia yet but planning to do so! :ph34r: )

#47 mangomalte

mangomalte

"blame" invis for that ^

• Senpai
  • 3574 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:15 PM

i've never been outside of europe, but i've been to a lot of countries in europe, mostly central europe. sweden, denmark, germany, netherlands, belgium, luxemburg, france, england, lichtenstein, schwitzerland, poland and ukraine.

i'd like to go outside europe sometime, i really want to go to japan and visit my cousin that's living there at the moment. hopefully i'll be going to singapore some time since my brother's girlfriend (and probably soon wife) lives there. :ph34r:

Posted Image
my last.fm ・ visit #risa @ efnet.org

#48 BejzhUkrej

BejzhUkrej

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 147 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 05:00 PM

Places I've been to:

Island Pag in Croatia (I was about 6 or 7 years old then, I don't remember much), in addition, my family and I spent our holidays on Croatian coast near Slovenian border a couple of times
Austria: Minimundus in Celovec (Klagenfurt in German) final trip in last grade of elementary school and a school trip last March to Vienna
Italy: This April I was on a school trip to Pompeii, Napoli and Rome, I've been a couple of times in Trst (Trieste in Italian) and Venice.

I'd love to visit USA (especially New York and Hawaii), Canada, Korea, Japan (doh :blush:), and at least some of the European countries.

#49 Yuria-kun

Yuria-kun

forever love

• Senpai
  • 1171 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 05:11 PM

I've been only to Sweden and Estonia, since it's pretty cheap and easy getting there, but I'd love to go to Italy, Britain, France, Spain, Greece, Germany, USA, South Korea, and of course Japan :sob: Too bad there's no way I'm gonna get to any of these countries yet, they're so damn expensive :blush:

Posted Image
always keep the faith

#50 Epsilon

Epsilon

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 242 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:24 PM

I was born in China but then at the age of 11, moved to Canada.
Question: What do you do when you forget the choreography during a concert?

I'll look at the audience and try to convince them that there are absolutely no moves at this point (- ̄∀ ̄-)/~~~

Posted Image

#51 zeroboy

zeroboy

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 106 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 06:35 PM

I've left my country but only to take a vacation. When i was young i got to go to some countries for a vacation since my dad was working at a hotel and he always brings us to where he is during our summer and christmas break. but now that I've all grown up, it's been a while since I left the country. :blush:
Posted Image Posted Image

#52 mzpinay x3

mzpinay x3

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 408 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:17 PM

Born and live in America; I've been to the Philippines twice. I possibly want to live in Japan when I get older and make frequent visits to the Philippines. :ph34r:
reina x3

#53 Billie Poynter

Billie Poynter

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 2588 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:46 PM

Hm, let's see:
I was born in Germany and lived there for a while, then I moved to America (bleh). Every once in a while, I used to go back to Germany for a vacation, but now we don't go as much anymore. :ph34r: I don't know when I'll ever go back.

#54 Aiyara

Aiyara

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 131 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:32 PM

Visited US. once, long long time ago.

#55 Tommiiiii

Tommiiiii

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 34 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:46 PM

Born in England and unfortunately, I have never left the country to go abroad. However, I've been to the Isle of Wight and Jersey (Channel Island) but I don't count that as abroad. I want to make Japan my first trip/holiday.
Posted Image

#56 Azagrath

Azagrath

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 208 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 02:08 AM

I was abroad on vacation a lot when I was younger. Been several years since the last trip though. My next one is most likely gonna be Japan, since I'm planning a trip within the next couple of years.

Anyways, I've been to Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Holland, Italy, Crete, Rhodes and England.

#57 hekomirukii

hekomirukii

(。・ω・。) わるきー

• Senpai
  • 3002 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 02:13 AM

eh..i was born in japan then 3 years later i moved to phillipines then 3 years later i moved to US ^_^
i miss yakiniku..i wanna go back to japan again in summer though ^^;

#58 Gomi

Gomi

Gaki Fan Fo' life (*^^*)

• Senpai
  • 1141 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 02:16 AM

i'm an A.B.C (Australian Born Chinese) but i love travelling! been to;

Asia
-China, including Hong Kong, Shanghai, Shenzhen etc..
-Malaysia
-Singapore
-Thailand
-Would have gone to Korea and Japan if the ASian Confederation cup with being held there

Europe
-France
-Belgium
-Switzerland

Also been to a small tropical island in Tunisia.

I recommend travel to everyone, just save up and do it! it'll change ur lives to see and experience another culture/world outside of your own.

Posted Image

#59 DarkL1ghT

DarkL1ghT

新垣さんの声、大好き!

• Senpai
  • 1047 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 02:30 AM

hmmm...lets see. born n bred in Malaysia for most of my life. been to most of the states in my country except for 2. travel to and fro to Singapore around twice to 3 times a year when i was younger during holidays since my mom was from there and all of her family is there.

when i was younger i've been to Tokyo and Kyoto, Japan as my dad was studying there for about half a year but that was like...ages ago and i think Morning Musume was just formed then! my late grandad brought me and my younger bro to Medan in Indonesia to visit his old village. been to Australia a few times for holidays but only to Perth and Melbourne.

now i am studyin for my degree in the UK and will be here for quite awhile. studying in Birmingham and have been to quite a few cities in England, Scotland and Wales but haven't been to Ireland yet. whilst i was here during easter breaks ive gone with my friends to Paris, Amsterdam, Brussels and Brugges in Belgium and recently, Berlin and Munich in Germany.

phew...quite a bit there but wanna go to more European countries if possible and maybe the US but thats tentatively in 2 years time.

Posted Image
All hail the Blue GAKINI! ^□ ^

#60 Sabazou

Sabazou

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 02:39 AM

Been to Mexico, South Africa, Germany and leaving for Japan on the 24th of this month

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users