Photo

Have you ever left your country?

• Please log in to reply
448 replies to this topic

Poll: Have you ever left your country? (566 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you ever left your country?

1. Voted Yes (490 votes [86.57%])

Percentage of vote: 86.57%

2. No (76 votes [13.43%])

Percentage of vote: 13.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 yakuruto

yakuruto

おーはー!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 599 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 01:01 AM

Though it'd be cool to go to Europa

Are you using spanish for Europe or are you refering to one of Jupiter's moons?
Posted Image

#22 Binaa2

Binaa2

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 124 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 02:02 AM

Are you using spanish for Europe or are you refering to one of Jupiter's moons?

In Swedish it's spelled Europa also.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#23 agb

agb

3rd gen member

• Senpai
  • 306 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 03:05 AM

Been to Japan like five times. I may be going to the Mediterranean next year with a group of friends. Maybe even Europe :lol:

-nyekobug

Yes! I think it's very cold in Europa ^^;

#24 memomu

memomu

H!O fileshare

• Senpai
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 June 2005 - 03:10 PM

I was born i Sweden although my parents are from Polen. So I've been in Polen alot of times but I've also been in Greece, Denmark, Norway. Im planing on going to Japan soon :lol:

#25 RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMooch

• Senpai
  • 1350 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 12:21 AM

I live in Georgia, USA, but I've been all over the US, to Canada, and lots of places in Europe (UK, France, Switzerland, Spain). I think we're going to Japan next year, either that or Germany and take some eastern European tours. (I'm voting for Japan)

#26 yakuruto

yakuruto

おーはー!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 599 posts

Posted 26 June 2005 - 04:48 PM

If I had the chance to visit Germany next year I wouldn't miss it, I'd try to go and watch at least one or two Soccer World Cup matches ^^;

I guess it would be a very good experience since people from many countries gather to see the matches.
Posted Image

#27 RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMoon

RyeCrimsonMooch

• Senpai
  • 1350 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:16 AM

If I had the chance to visit Germany next year I wouldn't miss it, I'd try to go and watch at least one or two Soccer World Cup matches ^^;

I guess it would be a very good experience since people from many countries gather to see the matches.

I don't like soccer. And we were in England(Or was it France... err...) when that was going on... whooo nutty people. And I think we'd take a your since we don't speak any German. ^^;

#28 CannonFodder

CannonFodder

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 07:59 AM

Yes, but only technically.

I am from Dixie in the US (NC represent yo yo yo this place sucks!) but I have traveled to Hawaii, and driven to Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Hawaii counts because it wasn't a US state when my parents were born, and it was a 6 hour flight from LA, with most of that over ocean. If I spend 5 hours in a plane over open water away from anything else, that's foreign travelling. Toronto only kinda counts, because it is a great city that doesn't feel like it's away from home, except they use funny money over there with pictures of Queen Elizabeth instead of pictures of dead presidents. Currency issues aside, Toronto felt less foreign than Hawaii (island of Kuaii to be specific) even though I needed a passport to get to Canada.

lalalalalal
Posted Image
Yossie, you sultry minx, stop falling in love with me; you're just going to embarrass yourself.

#29 Camui

Camui

Addicted To Hitomi

• Dai-Senpai
  • 584 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 10:04 AM

Nope, Hawaii doesn't count. It was still part of the United States, it was a territory. Besides it was a state before you were born, so it was a state when you were there, lol. For that to count you'd have to have been there before it became a US territory. :huh: You'd think you'd get credit for that 6 hour flight, but you don't. :wub:
You do get my envy though. I'd love to go to Hawaii....*goes off into dreamland*

Canada is a different country, so there is no technically about it. :huh: You've officially been out of the country.

#30 pippi

pippi

nino, my love

• Shinmem
  • 262 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 06:52 AM

erm let's see ..
Japan :good: - Aussie - HK - Sin - Canada
I think thats it :ph34r:
pippilOtta da stOrmchazzzer ...
pipper - dragOnfly - fOrget me nOt - sakura - lil red dragOn gurl - yume - pippink peach
Posted Image

#31 Yoake.no.Senshi

Yoake.no.Senshi

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 06:21 AM

I've been to Thailand 4 times, although I was a year old the first time. I've stopped in Japan and Korea for a couple of hours on the trips. I've also been to Canada twice.

#32 Crashcat

Crashcat

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 July 2005 - 09:42 AM

Ave been in..

Belgium
Germany
Switzerland
Austria
Italy
France
Spain
England
Macau
Singapore
Hong Kong
China
Malaysia
Australia

Dunno if I've left a country out ^^;

Wanna go to Japan, New Zealand and the States

#33 Influenza_epidemic

Influenza_epidemic

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 06:20 AM

I left the country once to go to the Happiest Place On Earth... TIJUANA!

My passport wasn't stamped becuase I did not go far enough into the country though, actualy I don't have a passport so...

#34 yakuruto

yakuruto

おーはー!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 599 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 06:35 AM

Tijuana is the busiest border cross in the whole world ^^;
happiest place on earth... was it spring break?
Posted Image

#35 Influenza_epidemic

Influenza_epidemic

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 11:50 PM

Tijuana is the busiest border cross in the whole world ^^;
happiest place on earth... was it spring break?

It's actualy a Simpsons reference...

Unfortunately one of the few ways I could get out of my house at certain times was to be involved in a very strict church youth group that burned books in fires and took trips to churches in very poor parts of Tijuana. I was also pressured to be a part of it but I never took part in any of the burning stuff, way too Freaky!

I look at it this way, for a week I lived and worked in one of the poorest places on earth and met some realy great people. The people who were part of that youth group that I went to Mexico with I still dislike to this day.

#36 Looshkin

Looshkin

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 44 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 12:20 AM

Live in Holland, been to Belgium, France, Spain and Portugal in Europe. Travelling by car from Holland to Spain is tiring, but still I think of it now as 'fun'. I think the days of not being able to sleep have done something to my memory recollection.

Been to New Hampshire in the US, where all my prejudices of American people were blown away: the friendliest people I've ever seen in my life, in New Hampshire. I still see various Americans that reinforce the prejudices I've got, but now I got "except for the people in New Hampshire" engraved in my mind.

Been in Iceland and some country in Africa (was a young one back then, so I have no idea which country) for a couple of hours, while waiting for my reconnecting flight. So technically I've "been there". :omg:

Been to Paraguay (South America) as well.

So if I visit countries in Asia and Oceania, I've been to all continents (at least for an hour or two: see unknown African country "-_- )

#37 arian

arian

6th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 91 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 06:37 AM

the first time I left the country, I was a year old. so far, I've been to:

- Japan
- the US (New York, San Francisco and Conneticut)
- Canada
- Hong Kong
- Taiwan
- Singapore
- England
- Spain
- Italy

#38 bahamut84

bahamut84

1st gen member

• Senpai
  • 524 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 04:47 AM

errr, for me, i've been to:
-singapore
-USA
-japan (can't be counted, coz it's just a transit when i went to USA :lol:)
-Australia (stuck here for bout 6 yrs already....)
-New Zealand

#39 Mari-san

Mari-san

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 December 2005 - 01:20 AM

I was travelling a lot to other countries. Now I´m in London and I really like it.

#40 hirokun

hirokun

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 10:53 PM

Brazil, Japan and U.S. is where I've been but, Brazil don't really count because I left when I was 5. I do miss Japan though specialy since I joined Hello!Online and started to watch Hello!Morning. >_< I wanna go visit Japan soon~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users