Photo

Have you ever left your country?

• Please log in to reply
448 replies to this topic

Poll: Have you ever left your country? (566 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you ever left your country?

1. Voted Yes (490 votes [86.57%])

Percentage of vote: 86.57%

2. No (76 votes [13.43%])

Percentage of vote: 13.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Camui

Camui

Addicted To Hitomi

• Dai-Senpai
  • 584 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 09:46 PM

I have not been out of the US yet. I've been able to visit most of the South though. XD
By South, I mean like the 'Confederacy' South, not like all of the Southern US. I've never been west of Texas.

Whatever your answer is, be sure to give us some background. Tell us where you've been if you have. Tell us how far you've travelled if you haven't. ;)

#2 Binaa2

Binaa2

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:26 PM

The title is a bit strange. But i can say yes in both it meanings.

Yes, i have traveled outside my country.
Yes, since i am born in Korea but now im swedish i have also left my country ;)

I'ts a bit unfair also. I mean if you live in the USA you can travel a lot without leaving USA.
And if you live in Europe you can like visit like 50 countries with no trubble at all.

Personally i don't mind visiting other places. But i HATE traveling.

Countries i been to:

Finland,Norway and Denmark (our nordic neighbours so they don't really count XD )

Germany a lot since i have relatives there.
Belgium (well Netherlands for like 15 min since the road cut through there on the way to Belgium XD )
England (Well London but i guess that counts)
Marocko

hmm i think thats it.

Countries i wish to visit:

Japan and Korea.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 10:59 PM

I live in England and have never been to Scotland although i have a Scottish heritage and the nearest to Wales i have been is i saw it on the horizon. Ive only ever set foot in one other country and that was Japan. Do countries i flew over count ? No of course they dont. When i was in Japan i went into a few of the embassies very briefly beacause technically speaking the land there is part of the country in question that the ambassy belongs to. But i dont think that counts either really, well technically it does but i woudnt allow that.

#4 yots

yots

4th gen member

• Senpai
  • 295 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:10 PM

I've been in switzerland lol... less than 50km from here XD

#5 hu5h

hu5h

ハッシュ

• Senpai
  • 477 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:39 PM

Ya as a european it's really easy to travel to other countries XD I mean just take the car and go for a couple of hours and you're probably in a new country ;p

I love traveling and I have seen a lot of europe. You should try a vacation by car sometime if you haven't tried it yet. You really get to see much of the countries!! I still have the eastern parts of europe to explore (and italy o_O I wanna see venice!!).
ummm places I've been to:
finland (birthplace), sweden (home),denmark,norway,germany,netherlands,luxemburg,belgium,france,spain,andorra,czech republic, estonia,great britain, greece, turkey,cyprus,russia,egypt,usa

heh, most of those european countries would be equal to driving through the states right? Then to sumarize XD I've been to europe, northern america, africa (and asia if turkey still counts as asia) ;)

My favourite place in europe would have to be prague I think. It's a lovely city and I would really like to go back there some day.

#6 Amarach

Amarach

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:40 PM

I've never left Georgia... I feel sad... XD
Posted Image
You can't run from death forever, but you can make the bastard work for it.
My Personal Site of my life in China
My Art at DeviantArt.Com

#7 綺麗な氷

綺麗な氷

Druidist follower of the Goddess Kago

• Senpai
  • 3252 posts

Posted 16 June 2005 - 11:57 PM

I have been to Japan. XD
Mo ghrá thú, a Ai Kago
New signature coming probably never! :D

#8 Jacke

Jacke

7th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 12:17 AM

I'm from Finland, also done the "Nordic countries tour" of Sweden, Norway, Denmark (not on the same trip though). I'd like to go someplace further away, say.. Japan... Going to Sweden doesn't really feel like going to another country, more like visiting your next-door neighbour XD
0.1 posts per day :P

#9 myrle

myrle

6th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 83 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 12:28 AM

i was born in Poland... i moved to America, then i went back a few times for Xmas and such :3
Posted Image

#10 jarkza

jarkza

~_~

• Senpai
  • 580 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 12:46 AM

From Finland... and it's kinda stupid to say that I have been in Sweden because it's like a tradition for everyone to go there XD then Estonia (many times too), Germany and Latvia... and I've also seen the border of Russia XD

#11 agb

agb

3rd gen member

• Senpai
  • 306 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 01:46 AM

born in TW. Emigrated to US as a kid. Traveled to Canada, Thailand, and HK for vacation. Traveled to England, France, Norway, Israel, Malaysia for work.

Hope to travel to Japan ... Never been to the southern hemisphere, so that would be cool ...

#12 Spades

Spades

JAV

• Senpai
  • 330 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 03:23 AM

went to cambodia last year, to see my family for the first time ever, everyone thought i was half white cause my skin was light n my cuz was dark...lol...miss them

#13 wakuwaku

wakuwaku

6th gen member

• Senpai
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 03:39 AM

I've already went to pratically every corner in Brazil...but never left the country XD
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

ぐるぐる回る♪♪ ぐるぐる回る♪♪

#14 nexisrocks

nexisrocks

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 03:44 AM

I live in Canada, and have been to the US lots of times -my family and I used to go skiing in Maine every year. I think Florida, California and New York (though, unfortunately, not NYC) are the only other states I've spent any significant amount of time in.

I've also been to the United Arab Emirates, and to Italy.

Shayla

#15 yakuruto

yakuruto

おーはー!

• Dai-Senpai
  • 599 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 05:17 AM

I've been countless times in the US and also in Japan.
Posted Image

#16 Kaitou1412

Kaitou1412

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 141 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 07:50 AM

hmm...haven't been to too many places...

Canada > Hong Kong > USA
Australia, Japan, Mainland China, ...
I think that's it...

I want to go to Hawaii, Korea, Taiwan, and Europe!

#17 sheep goat

sheep goat

Drinking maternities with Makoto and Yossi

• Senpai
  • 1682 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 05:31 PM

yes! two weeks ago I left for France and now I'm back!! Whee! *hands everyone a little Eiffel Tower*
France and then Switzerland for 3 hours! Fun! no one warned me about customs, though.... all the questions scared the crap out of me.... "-_-
from the U.S., btw :lol:
~Currently super dedicated to making the name Zucchini stick. Kanon <3~
Posted Image
I miss you both so very much.

#18 Kanibarnes

Kanibarnes

9th gen member

• Validating
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 06:51 PM

#19 綺麗な氷

綺麗な氷

Druidist follower of the Goddess Kago

• Senpai
  • 3252 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 10:15 PM

I'm french and i've been in UK, Irland and Italy but not for a long time (1 week max)
I want to go to the US and Japan. Maybe one day

French are you? :lol:
that means you understand this website
http://ailand.nuxit.net/index.htm
please tell me about it in english. ^^;
Mo ghrá thú, a Ai Kago
New signature coming probably never! :D

#20 nyekobug

nyekobug

nyekobooger

• Senpai
  • 511 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 10:48 PM

Been to Japan like five times. I may be going to the Mediterranean next year with a group of friends. Maybe even Europe :lol:

Though it'd be cool to go to Europa

-nyekobug
1.95TB uploaded!!!! \^.^/ Unofficially in charge of the HM2000 reseed project. My favorites: infidelguy.com, Digitally Imported FM (my playlist), 2 the Ranting Gryphon and Opie and Anthony. Visit the 塊魂 (Katamari Damashii) message board too!

Server is offline pretty much indefinately for filesharing. Sakura beats my share ratio :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users