• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#1 Ganny

Ganny

Dorky Ai = Perfection

• Kouhai
  • 557 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 06:49 PM

OK, so since pretty much everywhere has a thread for their specific countries/regions, I wondered: Where's England's thread?

And so I made one :GGRR:

I know we don't got much in the way of H!P groups performing concerts on our shores, but with H&A due to perform in London this May, maybe, just maybe things will change. Hopefully, music in other languages, not just Japanese, will pick up in England.

I hope so.

Posted Image
Set made by S-N-I-P-E-R - You just can't beat dorky Ai XD - last.fm
Morning Musume. was diagnosed with cancer on 7th December 2009...
It was diagnosed as terminal on 8th August 2010...
Morning Musume. died on 9th January 2011. The funeral will be at the end of the Autumn concert tour...

#2 sswishbone

sswishbone

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 6554 posts

Posted 16 March 2010 - 09:02 PM

Errr... There's my thread about a meeting in manchester, and there's also eurowota which happened in london :D

#3 pcysrok

pcysrok

anpanman

• Senpai
  • 926 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 05:56 PM

so? there isn't a general england discussion, is there? I think this thread is a great idea~

lol.
I don't live there, but I grew up there
my family's planning on going back in august. I hope I'll be able to go with them, meet some british fans :)

#4 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 21 March 2010 - 08:18 PM

Well i guess this is a base thread to use and when it looks like stuff is going to happen depending on how big it is , it might end up with its own separate thread.

#5 Ganny

Ganny

Dorky Ai = Perfection

• Kouhai
  • 557 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 08:10 AM

Yeah... Shame this thread will then be dead for so long, since we hardly get anything in the way of anything H!P coming on our shores... In fact, isn't H&A the first H!P act to perform in the UK?

Why is it that the UK can't seem to get JPop artist to come over? Bar Utada and now H&A, I can't think of any that have come over to perform or even release a single/album over here...

Posted Image
Morning Musume. died on 9th January 2011. The funeral will be at the end of the Autumn concert tour...

#6 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:06 AM

I guess so yes. As for Hangry and Angry being the first HP act in the Uk that is still not the case since they are not HP <3

#7 sswishbone

sswishbone

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 6554 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:26 AM

I think the reason J-pop artists don't tour here is that j-rock is quite big, we've had tours by the likes of dir en grey, girugamesh, versailles, de'spairs ray... And they have done pretty well, J-pop on the other hand has not had much of a foothold here, though Paul from Hello blog tells me that Utada's show was heavily attended, if H&A works, who knows what we might get in the future!

#8 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 10:39 AM

They picked the right part of the UK for it to be a success so this is pretty much the best shot they will get.

#9 Ganny

Ganny

Dorky Ai = Perfection

• Kouhai
  • 557 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 02:24 PM

I think the reason J-pop artists don't tour here is that j-rock is quite big, we've had tours by the likes of dir en grey, girugamesh, versailles, de'spairs ray... And they have done pretty well, J-pop on the other hand has not had much of a foothold here, though Paul from Hello blog tells me that Utada's show was heavily attended, if H&A works, who knows what we might get in the future!

But Utada's show was only heavily attended because she's known from Kingdom Hearts... I mean, half the people there didn't even know most of her Japanese songs which annoyed me, since I'm an avid Hikki fan.

But yeah, hopefully maybe even MM might get sent over hehehehe *Wishful thinking but still, doesn't hurt to dream, right?

Posted Image

#10 Himalia™

Himalia™

M-Line Purist

• Senpai
  • 14231 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 04:35 PM

I kinda got my wish with HP and related groups coming to England. Hangry and Angry would just about top anything they currently have to offer for me :)

Only a Yuko Nakazawa or Kei Yasuda (better still both) concert or casual dinner evening would draw me in even more.

Opps better add or an Ongaku Gatas concert :D I doubt i would even attend a Morning Musume one anymore :P

#11 Ganny

Ganny

Dorky Ai = Perfection

• Kouhai
  • 557 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:57 AM

XD That dissilusioned with MM huh?

Anyway, since this is a general disscusion thread about England, does that mean we can talk about anything happening in our tiny island? lol

Posted Image

#12 Kira-Chan

Kira-Chan

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 105 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:19 AM

I kinda got my wish with HP and related groups coming to England. Hangry and Angry would just about top anything they currently have to offer for me :D

Only a Yuko Nakazawa or Kei Yasuda (better still both) concert or casual dinner evening would draw me in even more.

Opps better add or an Ongaku Gatas concert :) I doubt i would even attend a Morning Musume one anymore :wub:

Berryz might be a better bet since they've been doing the ending themes to that horrible football anime.

#13 chr0nik©

chr0nik©

保田圭大好きだ!

• Senpai
  • 951 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 11:33 AM

It would be awesome if Keichan or Ongaku Gatas came to England... I would do anything to get her attention lol.

I would go to a C-ute even but I doubt I'd go to a MM one.

One can only dream, right?

Posted Image
*03/08/2008 - 2008 Summer Wonderful Hearts Kouen*-*27/05/2010 - Hangry & Angry - London Concert*
Follow me on Twitter @gtchr0nik

#14 Ganny

Ganny

Dorky Ai = Perfection

• Kouhai
  • 557 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:37 PM

Despite me being really upset with MM, I doubt I'll pass up on the chance to see them perform in the UK... After all, I'm not really the biggest fan of H&A, the only reason I'm going is because I wanna see more artist perform in other language in the UK, rather than having to fork out loads to go over to Japan/US/Hong Kong/Singapore etc.

I guess it is a stepping stone and I would love to encourage more artists to come over and perform here in the UK. Who knows? Maybe one day, you'll have Angela Aki in the Royal Albert Hall, or Hikki in the 02. Personally, I would LOVE to see Hikki in the 02, but they only gave her the 02 academy Isington, which is TINY!!! <_<

Posted Image

#15 sswishbone

sswishbone

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 6554 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 02:57 PM

Most of the H!P groups, if they came to our shores, would be attended by me. But still, we has H&A, it's a beginning

#16 Nao-kun

Nao-kun

Seeding is Sexy

• Senpai
  • 5921 posts

Posted 31 March 2010 - 11:11 PM

^yep and even if its not really H!P, H!P managment will surely pay attention to how the european H&A Concerts go to help in the decision where a H!P unit gets to perform next.

#17 Ganny

Ganny

Dorky Ai = Perfection

• Kouhai
  • 557 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 06:52 AM

Well... I think we all know what's happened...

But what with MM coming to France, does anyone else think that we should have a meeting first and then try to organise a group trip to Paris?

Posted Image

#18 RinaReeChan

RinaReeChan

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 07:18 AM

I'd be up for it if it doesn't work out too expensive. I don't like the thought of travelling to Paris alone :wub:

#19 mooBaka

mooBaka

5th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 125 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 11:59 AM

I think its a good idea to meet up and plan ahead. Hope this works out.
Maybe we can meet at the LondonExpo...altho its 3 weeks away...is that too late notice for tickets (japan expo tickets and eurostar tickets)?
Too bad we dont know their schedule for the 3 days. Dont know if we need to be there for more than 1 day. i.e. hotel = £££.

#20 Ganny

Ganny

Dorky Ai = Perfection

• Kouhai
  • 557 posts

Posted 08 May 2010 - 02:11 PM

Anyone else? I'm already down in the captial so I'm alright with pretty much anything, so long as I get a week's notice so I can book leave.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users