• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Keiyori

Keiyori

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 216 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:42 AM

This site has been around for awhile. It's basically a place where you can list all of the anime that you have ever seen. They do have a pretty big database of anime for your lists.

Is anyone on this site?

#2 綺麗な氷

綺麗な氷

Druidist follower of the Goddess Kago

• Senpai
  • 3252 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 12:10 PM

Yeah, I have one. But I'm not gonna share it.
That would be self incriminating for me on both sites. Both common sense and past experiences show me that.
You don't go around doing that stuff easily unless you want to total your net sum of all your reputation on all sites added up and distributed everywhere.

You may go ahead and make a guess though. Should someone make an interesting one, I might be tempted to do the stupid again.
And after already doing that with Jpopmusic, last.fm, and various elsewhere, that's quite an epic dumb. I'm lucky not to have an internet wide hate-dom and an ED page.

Here, I'll give you this blatant hint: Vicki.
Any frequent GSTS goers should know this one.
Mo ghrá thú, a Ai Kago
New signature coming probably never! :D

#3 Keiyori

Keiyori

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 216 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 06:59 PM

^

That's fine if you don't want to share and I respect your opinions as well. If your past experiences have told you that it's a bad idea, then it's probably the smart thing to do.

For myself, I only use the site to share with people all the animes that I have seen, my favorite characters, favorite seiyuus, and favorite songs. I think the site is just used mainly for that purpose (at least for myself), to share all of the shows you have seen. And by posting here, one is just sharing their anime interests. One might argue that if they want to share, can just type out in a post everything that they've seen, but for those who have seen like 200 animes, that could be a tedious task.

As far as self incrimination, I don't think there is much risk for that on MAL, unless you have posted something that would cause self incrimination, and cross reference to it on every major forum and blog site that you use. It's not like I've posted my Facebook link on MAL for the entire anime community to see. Like I said before, this is just something to share your anime interests. I know I don't speak for everyone, I am just speaking for myself, and I'm comfortable in sharing what anime interests I have.

Like I also said before, I respect your opinions, but this is just how I view it for this site only.

#4 Kyuta-kun

Kyuta-kun

送別。。

• Senpai
  • 3967 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 09:51 AM

My friend made me join, even though I've been wanting to for ages. It's great for finding what I've seen and what I want to see.

I spammed the whole MAL list of Anime in like a night. XD Eyes hurt after that.

Here is mine. Add me. :D

http://myanimelist.n...ofile/TripleSun

★僕はアニメやゲームやアイドルが大好きなんだよ★

#5 halloffamer02

halloffamer02

8th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:21 PM

I do watch and read a fair amount of anime and manga. So here's mine: http://myanimelist.n...hall_of_famer02

#6 TheFicusWithSuperPowers

TheFicusWithSuperPowers

long may she reign

• Senpai
  • 3960 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 03:01 PM

Usename: utauhoshii!

iheartsaechanwithtext_zpsa8d1a9eb.jpg

cr: byutaereina and renaismile thank you, both of u.

Graphics thread. Tumblr. Twitter Fanfiction Goodreads

#7 maora

maora

みんな大嫌い

• Senpai
  • 2111 posts

Posted 31 October 2012 - 07:46 AM

guess what my username is? XD
maora
I don't watch anime nowadays, but i'm an active manga reader. <3
モーニング娘。'18 ☆ アンジュルム ☆ つばきファクトリー

生田衣梨奈横山玲奈佐々木莉佳子梁川奈々美小野田紗栞・山崎夢羽

#8 Draude12

Draude12

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 979 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:23 PM

I love anime,and iwhenever i'm looking for any anime i like to download i just search it in google, that naybe the easiest way to search anime of your choice but right now i'm into idols thats why i'm here on this very beautiful site.

5ydydu.jpg

Avatar and signature created by ByuTaeReinA, Thank you very much.

3DS XL : 3282-5026-1667- Draude12 - Playing POKEMON X

#9 noiZstar96

noiZstar96

9th gen member

• Shinmem
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:30 AM

As a matter of fact I do have a MyAnimeList. The variety of Anime and Manga on that site is huge! I don't update that much though, unless I'm on an anime craze. Here is mine: http://myanimelist.n...file/noiZstar96

#10 Draude12

Draude12

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 979 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

I really don't have an anime list but i love anime so much, but for now C-ute is in my priority list.

5ydydu.jpg

#11 lintuip

lintuip

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 376 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

Myanimelist is down for hours now. Is it just for me or it's really down.

#12 maora

maora

みんな大嫌い

• Senpai
  • 2111 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:57 PM

More like 2 days already. ;A;

I went to their IRC channel to see what happened. They had a DDoS and are currently working on fixing the problem. They said that your list shouldn't be affected by the attack.

I have manga I want to update to my list. :<

#13 Guest_StellaFleure_*

Guest_StellaFleure_*
  • Guests (Not logged in)

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

I would like to update both of my lists at MyAnimeList aswell. I hope that they will be able to fix the problem again.

#14 lintuip

lintuip

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 376 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:39 PM

More like 2 days already. ;A;

I went to their IRC channel to see what happened. They had a DDoS are are currently working on fixing the problem. They said that your list shouldn't be affected by the attack.

I have manga I want to update to my list. :<

Good to hear that the lists are not going to be affected!!

#15 maora

maora

みんな大嫌い

• Senpai
  • 2111 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:24 AM

I managed to see YossieKaorin's page.
I guess it's back, but it very slow.

From their newspage

Yesterday at around 9:50am PT, MyAnimeList was the victim of distributed denial of service (DDoS) attacks from an unknown and malicious source. We've been battling this every minute since and are doing our best to put blocks and fixes in place so that we can get the site running back at 100%.

If you know anything about the attacks, please contact us at [email protected]. If you are the attacker, please contact us at [email protected] and let's talk.

We have worked tirelessly to bring MAL back online. If more attacks occur, we may have to go offline again in the future and it may be ongoing for a number of days. We would like to apologize in advance and hope you understand.

We are sorry for the trouble and hope everyone can stick with us as we continue to work through this issue. Thanks for being a part of our community!

Read more at http://myanimelist.n...?topicid=658633 and discuss.
Modified by Xinil, Yesterday, 2:57 PM

#16 Draude12

Draude12

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 979 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

I don't know why they do ddos, what benefits would they gain after that?

5ydydu.jpg

#17 maora

maora

みんな大嫌い

• Senpai
  • 2111 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:11 AM

DDoS are done by a third party...
Sometimes, people just like to attack the servers for other websites for fun... It's kinda stupid to do it. I doubt whoever done it is going to reveile him/her self.

At least the website is back. :) I can finally go back and update my manga list.

#18 Draude12

Draude12

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 979 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:40 PM

They just doing it for fun or even show off, i hope their computer crash down.

5ydydu.jpg

#19 lintuip

lintuip

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 376 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

^ how do you know that? I thought it was a ddos attack, that crashed their servers.

#20 maora

maora

みんな大嫌い

• Senpai
  • 2111 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 05:03 AM

so... While Images are still disabled, one can still upload them or used links for their CSS codes for the anime and manga lists.

th_ScreenShot2013-10-10at85509PM_zps9495th_ScreenShot2013-10-10at90612PM_zpsf1e8

I got tired on my old one, so I decided to have a new design. I suck with both photoshop and CSS codes, so I'm just going with the plain and simple. I'm starting with my manga list. I just need to do the header for On Hold (which I plan to use Eripon).

I'm not sure If I should use the same design for my anime list as well. XD If I do since i'm always lazy, I'll use different members. I just love those concert pinups. ;u;

Edit: I just messed up and I can't hide Dropped or Plan to Read anymore. ;A; oh well. I can use all 10 members now.

Anime > Middle School Team

Manga > "High School" Team

By Gen, then Age.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users