• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Pukovnik Krv

Pukovnik Krv

Krv fae Vastafel

• Senpai
  • 724 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:51 AM

This is going to be my first full H!P fanfic. I wrote a few abortive attempts before, but they never worked out. So, yea, enjoy ^^;

Chapter 1

A dark figure sat in a corner, waiting silently. As the umbral apparition shifted slightly, a splash of moonlight penetrated the cloud cover and crept steadily up the figure’s bare legs. As the dim light cast itself sparingly onto the newly exposed face, the darkness stood up and moved towards the door, allowing a grim smile to ply its way over its features. It knew what was coming would cause disarray, but it caused no distress. In fact, it relished in it. The door to the figure’s future would soon open, and nothing could ever hold it back from attaining its full potential again. The shadow began to laugh softly, before opening the door and stepping forward into its destiny.

Maimi was graduating. The shock of this announcement tore through the ranks, working its way like a knife through hot butter to the heart of the project. The members of °C-ute seemed to be declining at an alarming rate, and no one was entirely sure why. Kanna’s bunion had been blown out of proportion, so it was likely the scandal she had become embroiled in that had pre-empted her removal from the group. Erika was another case entirely. Her modelling career was all too sudden, and surprised even those closest to her. Now it was Maimi’s turn. Why she would abandon those in her care, no one could even hazard a guess at her reasoning. The leadership would fall to Nakki as the next oldest, but as one of the usual centres of the group, Maimi’s absence was likely to cause a huge gap. This meant that either the group would become equal, or one certain member would be pushed even more to the front. That particular member was currently begging Maimi not to leave.

“Don’t worry, Airi,” Maimi said, patting the younger girl on the head as she virtually wailed into Maimi’s knee. “I’m sure you’ll do just fine without me, and I can’t spend the rest of my life as an idol.”

“B-but…” was all Airi could strangle out before she began sobbing again.

This time, the other members of °C-ute joined in with the sobbing, causing such a cacophony that one of the Morning Musume members in the dressing room next door decided that enough was enough, and barged in.

“What the hell’s going on in here, dammit!?” Reina yelled, causing the members to stop and stare, though not perhaps for the intended reason. Reina continued. “I know your leader is leaving you and all, but in case you’ve forgotten we have a show tonight, and I’d rather like to be able to prepare in peace than having to listen to you idiots whining. I would like to shower in peace, dammit! Stop being emo!”

Her rant finished, she stared at each member in turn, noting that none of them would meet her eyes. She was about to turn and walk out when she realised they were all staring at the same place. She looked down and realised that, as she had been yelling, her towel had slipped and fell to the floor, leaving her completely exposed. She turned a bright shade of fuchsia, quickly grabbed her towel, wrapped it around her in dismay, and dashed out.

Three seconds later, the crying was gone, replaced by a sense of utter hilarity at Reina’s expense. They were winding down slowly when the call to go to the stage went out. They stood up slowly and began to warm up, in preparation for their final event together. As they finished stretching, for the last time as leader, Maimi lead them in their chant, and off to the stage they went.

The knife flashed silver in the slender hands of the shadow. The blade reflected the callous brown eyes of the wielder, so eager to kill, matching the blade’s desire to bite into flesh. There was no rest, no play, nothing more important than this mission. The figure moved stealthily along the hallway, making barely a sound. The human shape heard the target stirring within, sleeping soundly. The figure grinned. This would be much easier than foreseen. The umbra crept into the gloom, adding its life energy to that of the victim. The two sparks met. One faded, never to brighten again, whilst the other silently made its exit, dragging the empty shell behind. The apparition had achieved its mission.

“Truthfully, we have no idea where she is,” Tsunku told the detective sitting in his office. A bead of sweat worked its way down his forehead, pooling over his eyebrow before splashing inconsequentially upon his desk.

“If I’m not mistaken, this is now the third former member of this particular group that’s gone missing, correct?” The detective spoke in a measured tone, not allowing suspicion to cloud his voice or manners. No matter how guilty someone looked, it was never certain beyond doubt until all evidence pointed to one person.

“You’re correct.”

“So, Arihara Kanna. When did she disappear?” The detective looked at the fretful producer over the rim of his glasses, and was satisfied to see the man looking through his notes to provide an accurate date.

“It was March tenth, 2009,” Tsunku replied after a few minutes. “She left to undergo bunion treatment, and contact ceased on this date. After four months of no contact, we decided enough was enough and terminated her contract. We assumed she was determined to return to her private life. It was only recently when the bodies of her parents were found we realised she was even missing.”

“I see…” the detective looked intrigued. “And Umeda Erika?”

“It was a few weeks after she left °C-ute. We received a call from her parents asking if we’d seen her. We hadn’t, so we assumed she’d merely eloped with some boy, hence why she’d left the group in the first place. However, now it looks like they’re both connected.” Tsunku looked slightly worried about how this might reflect on him if the story leaked to the tabloids.

“Then, Yajima Maimi disappeared last night, correct?”

“Correct. She finished her graduation concert, went home, and her mother told us she was exhausted and went straight to bed. Then, this morning they couldn’t find any trace of her, so contacted us, and we got in touch with you. The disappearance of three girls is more than just a coincidence.” Tsunku glared at the detective, challenging him to be contradictory.

Instead, the detective just closed his notebook and stood up. “Thank you for reporting this matter to us, delayed though it may be. We’ll need to interview the other girls in your agency at some point, though rest assured we’ll conduct the interviews quietly and as far from the press as possible.”

Tsunku breathed a sigh of relief, then faced the detective and offered his hand. “Thank you for your hard work. I’ll contact you if I hear anything important.”

“Please do. Promptly, I would hope.” The detective shook the proffered hand and walked out the door. Tsunku sank down into his chair and buried his head in his hands. He could see this becoming a very bad year.

#2 Kiss!Kiss!Kiss!

Kiss!Kiss!Kiss!

4th gen member

• Kouhai
  • 244 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:05 AM

Tsunku did it! It's obvious he wants to kill them all off and elope with Airi.

#3 MinaLyn

MinaLyn

overactive gyaru

• Kouhai
  • 520 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:34 AM

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE! -sqee-
This is really good and interesting. I wanna know why Maimi, Erika and Kanna disappeared! But I'll have to wait, won't I?
Posted Image
Set by the wonderful Risa/Misa

#4 rndmnwierd

rndmnwierd

1st gen member

• Kouhai
  • 560 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:52 AM

Omg, something ate Maimi. Awesome, story, can't wait to see where it goes.

EDIT: BTW, you had me at naked Reina...

#5 J-Kaida

J-Kaida

3rd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 323 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 01:58 AM

I'm going to be honest, the "naked Reina" bit is what drew me in here :D But I'm glad I read this all the way through! I love a good mystery.
Posted Image

#6 pesbs

pesbs

2nd gen member

• Kouhai
  • 434 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 05:37 AM

@Pukovnik Krv

I like a lot the first chapter, it is awesome! I can't wait to see what will happen next.
Keep up the great work.

#7 Glasseyelashes

Glasseyelashes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 10775 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 07:55 AM

hmmm, very very interesting. i don't read many first fanfic chapters that pique my interest, but this one has. now, i just have to wait for the next chapter to possibly see how this fleshes out.

#8 sswishbone

sswishbone

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 6554 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:46 PM

This could get ugly, very interesting mind, knowing you it'll go all 'SAW' on us at some point or another :good:

#9 Pukovnik Krv

Pukovnik Krv

Krv fae Vastafel

• Senpai
  • 724 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 01:58 AM

Well, it has been a while :P I guess this is where H!O witnesses my skill at procrastination. Anyway, 11 months later, Chapter 2.

Chapter 2

I am a nightmare made flesh,
As dusk to the dawn,
As night to the day.
Thy blood sustains me,
Thy bodies are my host,
I am fear itself.
Pain, agony, anguish, torment,
I am all of these and more.
I am the gale to a breeze,
I am a redwood to a tree,
I am inferno to ember,
I am earth itself formed slender.
If thou dost wish to meet demise,
Cross x me

Love and Kisses,
Your Killer

A psychedelic phantasmagoria exploded in the shadow’s mind. Rose-white, off red followed by nauseating violet-yellow, replaced in an instant by shimmerings of onyx void and trivial greys. Purple, magenta, the darkness bellowed in revelation! A vision! A telling! An instruction from above! The figure shivered in anticipation, before the colours faded and all became still once more. A sigh escaped the trembling lips that floated upon the killer’s face. It was time. Moreover, unlike before, nothing could remain hidden anymore. It was the time before the storm. When the lightning struck, everything would change. Forever.

The darkness was eating Nakky. She had been unable to see since she’d awoken. She couldn’t move, couldn’t hear, couldn’t make a sound. The darkness did not devour her physically, but it was eroding her mind. She tried to think logically, but the darkness kept returning to the fore and plaguing her thoughts. It was scaring her. To be trapped in darkness forever would be petrifying. To be caught in a nightmare… There was something in that. She attempted to remember various things needed for nightmares to occur, and then tried to remember what happened afterwards. She drew a blank. A breeze ran through the darkness and caressed her skin, leaving her cold and frightened. Obviously, she hadn’t lost the sense of touch, otherwise she would have been incapable of feeling the chill. It emptied her mind of thoughts and fears, and replaced it with a steely resolve. She thought logically, before a chill ran up her spine, fed by a realisation rather than another breeze.

Someone was in the darkness with her.

If she’d been able, she would have cried out in terror. She would also have tried to run away or curl up into a ball, but she couldn’t move, so that was useless. As it was, she just had to stay still as the tingling sensation grew stronger, and her bad premonitions grew steadily worse. She suffered in silence as the breath was stolen from her body, as the sleep paralysis grew ever thicker, and as she was left to the tender mercies of some unknown entity.

The moon hung in the night sky, shimmering brightly, partially concealed by clouds. A bright figure, clad in a white dress, walked cautiously along the moonlit street, looking around frequently as if to ensure she was not being followed. As the eyes followed her progress, she darted quickly into an alleyway before stuttering to a halt. The tensed muscles in her back spasmed slightly, evidence of her rising tension and apparent fear. She had made a shocking discovery, and was now both fearing and anticipating a bloody reprisal. Her eyes once again scanned the surroundings, but this time stumbled upon another gaze. She started in shock. It was a gaze as black as night itself, staring at her from mere metres away, and getting closer. The eyes were glassy, unfocused, shifting around deliriously, but nonetheless the vessel carrying these disembodied eyeballs continued its forward motion. She gasped and tried to run backwards, but tripped over the ankle-length dress and plunged artlessly to the ground. The eyes drew ever nearer...

Nearer...

She screamed.

She existed.

That was the word for it. She wasn’t living. She was merely existing. To live would mean being able to feel, to love, to want, to need, to be whimsical.

Living was a poor excuse for existing.

She existed in a void. She was the only one in the void, but still she existed. Everyone else had their own universe. They had their own places to live, to exist. She belonged nowhere. She was above them. She inhabited a higher plane of existence. She didn’t live there, she merely inhabited it.

Her eyes were shut, she couldn’t see. She didn’t need sight. She could see everything clearly without sight, though she found it easier than sight. She could see people, their feelings. Clear was their despair, their pain, their grief, their monotonous existence.

She didn’t pity them. Pity was for the weak. She was strong. She drew her strength from their suffering, from the darkness that tainted the hearts of those around her.

Her mind drifted.

She thought, she concentrated, she meditated. From her corporeal prison, she could have ruled the earth. She could have manipulated every person in existence. They would be her puppets.

They were already puppets, performing in a one-time show for her benefit.

So small…

So fragile...

These creatures that inhabited the earth: their small minds, their small dreams, their lack of knowledge.

They couldn’t be saved. Too far gone to the pointless wants of their intangible existence. Materialism, greed. These emotions were useless. She couldn’t feed from them. The only way was to cause them to despair. Cause them to suffer.

Then she could feast.

Her eyes sparkled like event horizons.

The time for feasting was drawing ever nearer.

As the screams sounded out once again, she smiled.

“Unscrew the lightbulb in my mind,” whispered a figure, shrouded in the night, but just about visible.

Hagiwara Mai turned her head to the sound, blinking her eyes to adjust to the darkness.

“Hmm?" Mai's eyes cleared and she got a good look at the figure. “Airi, what do you want? What time is it?"

Airi's mouth twitched into a phantasm of a smile. “It's late. We're in trouble. Nakky and Chisa have disappeared. Tsunku was acting weirdly earlier, I think Maimi's disappeared too."

“Eh?” was the only word Mai could elicit in such a situation.

“We need to do something,” urged Airi. “Whatever took them might try to take us too.”

Mai nodded in assent, and fumbled on her bedside cabinet for a light. It flickered on reluctantly, filling the room with a dull yellow shine. She looked down into Airi’s face. Her eyes were dark and bloodshot. She must have been crying.

She got out of bed and started to dress, when suddenly the light went out again. She turned around, blinded by the sudden lack of light. As her eyes adjusted, she saw a glimmer flit across the room. A touch of wind greeted her, but dissipated almost instantaneously.

The light returned.

But Airi was gone.

As he picked up the phone and began to dial, Tsunku knew that his bad year had just got worse. The phone rang, droning in his ear and cementing his tension.

There was a click as the person on the other end of the line picked up. “Hello, this is Yamada.”

“Ah, Detective, this is Terada Mitsuo. We spoke the other day. You told me to contact you if I were to obtain any information regarding the disappearance of the girls in my project.”

“Ah, yes. Please, go ahead,” the detective said.

“Well...” Tsunku began. He truthfully had no idea how to say this nicely. “Three more members of that particular group disappeared last night.”

Silence greeted him.

“And, um...” Tsunku attempted to continue. “It’s not information on the already missing people, but there’s probably a link, so I thought I should inform you now.”

Silence greeted him.

“Maybe you could draw some more conclusions from this than I can, but maybe someone has a vendetta against this particular group.” Tsunku held his breath.

Silence greeted him.

“But, well, I’m sure you have a lot to be getting on with, so I’ll just be going...” Tsunku began to hang up.

“Who was it?” was the only reply.

“Ah, yes.” Tsunku began sweating furiously. “It was Suzuki Airi, Okai Chisato, and Hagiwara Mai.”

Silence greeted him, before a click signalled the end of the call.

Tsunku exhaled.

#10 Glasseyelashes

Glasseyelashes

Graduated member

• Senpai
  • 10775 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 02:15 AM

oooo! exciting! i'm wondering if this, whatever it is, is reina?

#11 sswishbone

sswishbone

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 6554 posts

Posted 05 January 2011 - 10:09 AM

Ah revealing lots and revealing nothing, I like, very creepy writing, be interesting to find out who is responsible come the end, and I used to write myself, long periods of time between posts is nothing new, just try not to take so long :lol:

#12 aya-chii

aya-chii

i love turtle

• Senpai
  • 3928 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 02:39 PM

OHMIGOSHHH~!!! this is so freakin exciting!!!
i'm in love the way you write. so vivid and dark... gawd, i love it.
it amazed me that you were still able to update it after 11 months~?!
you're awesome dude.. or girl?

kamei.jpg

#13 Pukovnik Krv

Pukovnik Krv

Krv fae Vastafel

• Senpai
  • 724 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:01 AM

Guy :P And thanks.

Right, now:

BLOODY MASSIVE WARNING

This chapter is pretty graphic. Read on if you don't mind. I'll spoiler tag it so you don't have to read if you don't want.

Chapter 3

Spoiler

#14 sswishbone

sswishbone

Graduated member

• Banned
  • 6554 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:22 AM

Nice, very dark and twisted be interested in where this goes next

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users